Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Kit Industrial Loft: Available Now!

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    For a player like me who often build industrial stuff for my mad scientists and the likes,so can't I see anything new in this kit, I see som Myschino stuff but not much else...

New bar height table, new bar chairs (admittedly similar to the ones for Foxbury from DU), new couch, new chair, new bed (trust me, that is not the four poster from City Living) , new bedside table, new coffee table, new windows, new archway, new light, and new wall decor.

And that's without actually seeing an item list. It may not be suitable for a mad scientist's lair, but it's very suitable for - just as the kit name says - a modern industrial loft apartment. I can already see my way to incorporating this into a couple of apartment builds in the Spice District, and industrial's not even my preferred aesthetic.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I would like it to be actually a pool kit, because of summer, but it is ok I guess. :|
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Would be cool in an apartment building.
    …..oh right, we can’t build our own apartments.
    No thanks!!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    This stuff literally looks like the Eco Lifestyle furniture, yet again. I'm sick to death of this same furniture style, over, and over, and over, again. One pack was enough (Tiny Living). Two was just about still ok, getting a bit repetitive (Eco Lifestyle). Three was just ridiculous (Dream Home Decorator), now 4? It's just so boring at this point, clearly the sims team is completely lacking in imagination.

That plant is also a complete rip off of a CC creators item
    screen2.jpg
    08-24-21-7-32-16-PM.png

• VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2021
    This'll work perfectly for building a converted warehouse nightclub in Evergreen Harbour!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hm. I have mixed feelings. It isn't really my style. I'm not into the industrial/urban look, but I do like lofts and verticality. Plus I like the color pop pieces, but the muted colors bore me. I could see myself using it a lot in apartments and certain lots like the old cannery in Brindleton Bay, though. It won't be my fav, but I can spare $5 for this.
  • DistantDialtonesDistantDialtones Posts: 8 New Member
    I was hoping to see an Industrial Pack! Not too sure how I feel about a kit!
    The last few builds I have been making have been industrial factories, but I was hoping to see more gameplay with the industrial stuff.
    I think it woulda been neat to see a game pack that would also attempt to offset and challenge the Eco living pack, giving it a challenge to make it more green or more industrious, and add factory jobs (perhaps even unions) into the game. Also with those factory jobs, could also be the way to introduce cars into the game, as there would be a way for sims to construct and build them!
    Not too sure if buying the kit is worth it, even though I have been attempting more factory buildings.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited August 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    This stuff literally looks like the Eco Lifestyle furniture, yet again. I'm sick to death of this same furniture style, over, and over, and over, again. One pack was enough

Actually agree.
    I wasn't biggest fan in first place
    but it does feel like they are stuck on endless loop here with certain styles over and over

which is strange cause there is so many furniture styles they haven't even touched in ts4 yet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2021
    I like it. Definitely getting it. 🎉🎉🎉
    As I mostly build, some of the pieces will be handy.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    This is an interesting one, unlike the Throwback Fit I might actually use the stuff in this one.
    they/them or she/her
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    New bar height table, new bar chairs (admittedly similar to the ones for Foxbury from DU), new couch, new chair, new bed (trust me, that is not the four poster from City Living) , new bedside table, new coffee table, new windows, new archway, new light, and new wall decor.
    also:
    - a ceiling fan
    - a rug
    - wall graffiti
    - new pipes
    - a desk
    - a door
    - a tv stand
    - a vase with pampas grass
    - a shelf with multiple plants in planters
    - a dresser
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Isn’t the shelf from Eco Lifestyle and the coffee table from basegame ?
    favriel wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    also:
    - a ceiling fan
    - a rug
    - wall graffiti
    - new pipes
    - a desk
    - a door
    - a tv stand
    - a vase with pampas grass
    - a shelf with multiple plants in planters
    - a dresser

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It’s nice but Moschino Stuff did bring some loft elements already.

I like the idea of a new four posters bed, but what’s the point of having such a bed without curtains ? I just never understood.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The kit leaked on Steam, someone bought it before it was taken down and as you can see here both the shelf and the table are new items
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh for the love of God, another build/buy kit?
    Wait, I just found a better pic with all items

5aiGOTw.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don't know how I feel about paying 5 dollars for 14 items. It just feels wrong. The quality of the items look great,but I complained about the sims 3 store being overpriced, so I feel like I need to stay true.

As for the gameplay kits, I feel the one we got is totally worth the 5 dollars, if it wasn't for the massive bugs and inbalance though.

Ill admit it, I love dusting and mundane stuff in the sims.

The mundane helps adds a sense of progression. Starting out is a struggle with doing laundry, Dusting, cooking, taking care of kids, cleaning, etc. But as you get better, you can upgrade those items to make them faster, or use money to buy an automatic vacuum. Rich sims can even hire maids or butlers to do it for them. Spellcasters can use magic to make the mundane easy.

Without the difficult and mundane there's no sense of progression. What is the point of being rich if your life is no different than a broke Sim?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    The items look nice for fleshing out apartments, converted warehouses and brewery styled restaurants but I'm gonna have to skip because I'm not interested in either of those types of builds.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    logion wrote: »
    At least they fixed the stairs bug.

Ever the optimist, I see! Good for you. You made me smile.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Still not buying anything for this game until simulation lag is fixed.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2021
    favriel wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The kit leaked on Steam, someone bought it before it was taken down and as you can see here both the shelf and the table are new items

I was wondering why the Steam page disappeared! I thought it was just up, but not unlocked. No clue it was set to buy by accident.

Oh well, I'm on Origin anyway.

Have to say, I have been wanting a new ceiling fan. Nice to see one.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I don't know how I feel about paying 5 dollars for 14 items. It just feels wrong. The quality of the items look great,but I complained about the sims 3 store being overpriced, so I feel like I need to stay true.
    Try $7 for 14 items, if you are Canadian. :')
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It looks nice enough for what it is, but it's not really a style that interests me. I may or may not eventually get around to buying it, but I definitely won't be in a rush.