Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2021( 2nd Patch Out Now Sep 21st)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
Normally I wouldn't put this up early as we haven't even got the August Patch yet but we have an annivesary of TS4 coming September 4th so this has the potential to give us some new content for the base game. This thread also serves for speculations on anything else they might add in the September Update.

Crossing my fingers for Cars for the September Update but this probably won't happen. If not I'm hoping they'll update the relax in bed interaction we got in a previous patch this year and add more interactions for couples and friends. I'm also hopeful we'll get more pool items since Summer generally ends in Late September. They could give us an End Of Summer Pool Set.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    My guess is that we will get something from the community like previous years and maybe we will also get a new pack announcement. The offer where you will get three additional items for Cottage Living ends September 4th so it seems likely that maybe they will announce something by then.

I also think we will get spiral staircases since there are a set of spiral staircases in a tower in Finchwick in Henford on Bagley which seems like a hint. But I think that will be released when it's done, probably with a larger update in november like when we got platforms last year.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Maybe bug fixes this month and lore next month?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    I don't have many speculations, but my main hope is that they start working on the many, many bugs in Dine out and other packs. If I had my wish I'd also want to see new interactions and games to the game.

Fall is coming, so playable board games, new family interactions and new romance interactions would be a nice touch. More to do while relaxing would be nice - reading, talking, cuddling, making out and using the phone is high on the list for me for things that would be nice to do while relaxing. And I'd love to be able to let the kids go trick or treating - rather than just waiting for others to do so.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    September may bring the Update to the first Gamepack which I think is Outdoor Retreat.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I have a feeling the townie update with the background stuff will be part of September patch because of the anniversary possibly, like “hey, 7 years ago these folks were released and now we finally decided to give them an update”
    Guess we’ll see, but I still need cars
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I can't believe no one has guessed the obvious the September patch will be adding in once again drumroll... another afro.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I think this will happen in September and the Patch will be a Pre GP Patch even though the GP is just one that's getting updated.
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    I think this will happen in September and the Patch will be a Pre GP Patch even though the GP is just one that's getting updated.

I could be wrong, but I think it could water parks.
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »

You mean the Kit? Oh I hope so. The GP is a GP we already have that is getting Updated. I hope the Kit either on Waterparks or more Pool Items.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    A waterpark kit with more pool stuff and waterslides?

Yes please!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

How do you know that a GP is getting updated?
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »

You mean the Kit? Oh I hope so. The GP is a GP we already have that is getting Updated. I hope the Kit either on Waterparks or more Pool Items.

Sorry, I meant kit.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

Can confirm that the GIF is not related to the kit or the game pack update.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I just want UI scaling for consoles.... That would be amazing to see in the next patch.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »

The tweet from The Sims clearly states that a new kit and a GP Update is coming. It doesn't state when that will be though.

• ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

The tweet from The Sims clearly states that a new kit and a GP Update is coming. It doesn't state when that will be though.

They also say it. Before the summer ends
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    September may bring the Update to the first Gamepack which I think is Outdoor Retreat.

Please let them update Outdoor Retreat to a livable world <3
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    itolduso wrote: »

Please let them update Outdoor Retreat to a livable world <3

And also Blair the Bear from TS 1 as a NPC like these new ones (maybe?)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wonder if the August patch might be the anniversary update so it can be a little early instead of probably weeks late.

I’d like it if they added songs from the old games to the radio stations. Simlish MCR is amazing.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    There already is a Retro radio station that plays songs from TS2.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,948 Member
    have they perhaps finally taken the note community would love a grand anniversary surprise... or will we again be disappointed for no real reason besides our own expectations :sweat_smile:

for me its always going to be wishing for romance additions slow dance on the very top of want list

but ive got no reason to assume it'll be that

soooo if i had to throw blind guess I will also go with the spiral staircase due to random CoL tower or perhaps burglars... or perhaps both...

I do think its curious how stairs are bit bugged lately and sims drop in between them sometimes or teleport down and i think it might be because they are messing with them ;) wouldn't be first time something is broken right before its hugely improved
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has guessed the obvious the September patch will be adding in once again drumroll... another afro.

I hope you're right! More natural hair would be fab!

Before the End of Summer. Summer officially ends September 23rd so September.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    With the August patch being a very small patch (only one bug fix - that's why there wasn't a laundry list), it seems like the main purpose of the patch is just serving as the pre-pack update for the new kit. Another patch could be coming soon, similarly to how we got two patches in May.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think, with how light this patch was, we're going to get an early patch for September. Maybe not in time for the anniversary, but still relatively early (week of Sept 6-11, maybe?) which will also include the pack refresh.

what they may be doing is planning perhaps an "Anniversary edition" of some of the packs, hopefully in conjunction with new releases.