Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    How is this 300mb for 1 bug fix and 1 new painting? Is this a joke?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    edited August 2021
    Candacis wrote: »

Yeah, I was getting excited. :p Glad to see the stair bug is fixed for those who were experiencing it.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I thought the pack refresh was coming for the ‘buh bye Summer’? :s
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    1 bug fix and a painting? Really?
    This barely classifies as a hot fix
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    This barely classifies as a hot fix

They didn’t call it a hot fix
    Yeah, you're right. Hot Fix would imply they give us a quick bug fix right after the issue occurs. We waited weeks for this game patch.

Am I missing something? Were the patch notes not complete? Why was this 300mb?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I was wondering about it too. The patch note is so "tiny".
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    There should be a lot more bug fixes for Cottage Living here, I can imagine that a lot of people have bought Cottage Living because they wanted those three additional items and now they are dealing with the bugs that came with that pack (like the game creating tons of empty households for example) and we get no fixes apart from the stairs bug before that deal ends.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Oh well, nothing new or unexpected, I guess. Still this is a little laughable considering the number of serious bugs people are currently suffering from.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm not even surprised anymore.
    The game is falling down slowly imo. Numerous bugs, numerous problems, no fixes. Its like they are WAITING for the modders to fix everything for FREE. Ugh.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Only thing I can say is that:
    Is there going to be another update on thursday or next week?
    Is this pre-patch for the new kit pack?
    After all, a promise has been made.

Kit pack looks good though. But I was hyped for the refresh today. Ah well, little more waiting can't hurt, right?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I was hoping for the pack refresh and/or updated premade Sims...

Oh well.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    At a guess, the stair issue was much more deeply coded than one might think, and required patching in several ways, to avoid creating new, worse bugs. Obviously not a "Sam forgot to close his parentheses" kind of bug amenable to a quick fix, but pretty fast turn-around nonetheless. From the noise people were making about this, you'd think it had been causing fatalities. Would you rather it not be patched? Be grateful. We'll see other bug fixes when they are done. Sheesh.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    They should end with a classic "That's all folks!"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    dang thats the whole patch? I surely hope it was just to note august existed and we get bigger one for september

happy about stairs though should this resolve the problem (didn't update yet)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I guess they left all the juice for the September patch because of Sims anniversary :s

Loved the painting 🎨💕
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    What's really bad is when the first thing you think of when you hear the words, new patch is which of my mods broke this time. So, as far as I'm concerned, glad it's not going to break my mods. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    At a guess, the stair issue was much more deeply coded than one might think, and required patching in several ways, to avoid creating new, worse bugs. Obviously not a "Sam forgot to close his parentheses" kind of bug amenable to a quick fix, but pretty fast turn-around nonetheless. From the noise people were making about this, you'd think it had been causing fatalities. Would you rather it not be patched? Be grateful. We'll see other bug fixes when they are done. Sheesh.

I am grateful for the stairs fix, but having a deal where you can only get some items if you buy it early but not making sure that the pack is working properly is not okay... we should have seen more bug fixes here for Cottage Living at least.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    Well, look at it this way, Summer truly isn't over until September 21. So, there's more than one week left of the season. Meanwhile, I hope this didn't break any patches. Not just when I'm about to start Rotation Lot 4. (That's Erik Cantrell's position in the Rotation, just so you'll know.) Can I run screaming from the room now?

Oh, and thanks EA.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    One bug fix ? Really ?!
  • Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    This is a joke right? EA proves again and again what they do best - nothing. They do nothing.

Please fix the game. Address the issues and just fix them.
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    This patch isn't really big enough to break mods, correct? Normally I wait for mods to update but I can't see how one bug fix and a painting could break MCCC or UI Cheats.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif