The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What exactly are "Community Managers" on this forum? Are they real employees?

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
edited August 2021 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Hello everyone,

I have some questions as I'm new to this forum. I joined to participate in the 411 feedback thread.
  1. Who are these community managers e.g. EA_Cade?
  2. Are they actual employees of EA or are they contractors?
  3. Are they off-shore or do they have direct proximity to the Bay Area and the employees who directly work on the game?
  4. Are they different from those SimGurus on Twitter?
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

Comments

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    bump. Anyone know?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    edited August 2021

Who are these community managers e.g. EA_Cade?
    Community managers manage the forums and EA Help.
    SimGuruFrost is the Global Community Manager for TS4 and manages everything with the Sims 4, including the GameChanger program. He is based in Canada.

Are they actual employees of EA or are they contractors?
    The community managers are EA employees.

Are they off-shore or do they have direct proximity to the Bay Area and the employees who directly work on the game?
    They are located worldwide. If you read their introduction thread you'll see a couple are based in Ausin, Texas, and some are in Ireland.

Are they different from those SimGurus on Twitter
    Yes. SimGurus work on the actual game as designers and producers. Not all sim game designers and producers are gurus or have to be. They volunteer for the position.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Hello everyone,

I have some questions as I'm new to this forum. I joined to participate in the 411 feedback thread.
    1. Who are these community managers e.g. EA_Cade?
    2. Are they actual employees of EA or are they contractors?
    3. Are they off-shore or do they have direct proximity to the Bay Area and the employees who directly work on the game?
    4. Are they different from those SimGurus on Twitter?

They are actual employees of EA/Maxis. Most of their introduction threads discuss their prior work in game development, within The Sims or with other titles.

A lot of the Community team are, I believe, international, operating out of EA's European offices / studios.

Are rectangles different from squares? They are game development professionals. Not all Sim Gurus are part of the moderation team. But ultimately, all player-facing communications, from developers, QA people, or whomever, is under the aegis of the Community Team.