Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite expansion pack?

ยซ13

What is your favorite expansion pack? 214 votes

Get To Work
4%
Camkatg01denswanHarukotyanhalloweenchildSheriSim57QuaayEricasFreePlayCaprianaBtemporalgodOlalla1986 10 votes
Get Together
12%
GoldmoldarimhappyJestTruSappySifakaMilutinMujovicemerebenson2006snoepjes1210DoloresGreyChadSims2chaccemusteniDominicLaurenceDeeTsimsFanPhoriaAtreya33RavenSpitSeashoreLiviaRememberJoyPurpleHeather 27 votes
City Living
6%
LeGardePourpreCynnaVageniusYautjagirlxMyrtheHopeyStarrEvilyn_1007logionRouensimsnetney52HandelVeganisinizlegallyblondeeSimsJedi 14 votes
Cats and Dogs
6%
Mi9shaoscarBrokenChaos69ncisGibbs02cchant86ashcrash19jcp011c2SajahiRedShoe7BusufuKimmerEliasVersacefiggyMoonlightGraham 13 votes
Seasons
40%
Akl500Pauroraael14JaiSeaBreeSashaPinkPaws66jeLlyBeAn1573aelias24MaMaTwinklebirdoveronMontrase102haneulkokoro80maggiemae8135Anmirlahihi122122Paigeisin5simfriend1968loubyloulouSjofnDarkLady2788 86 votes
Get Famous
5%
GalacticGalJeansooLoves2draw1812EvaliynYBNS2468KyreRoenancaaaaaaaaPeralInuMiroLoverBenjamilianAshtro 11 votes
Island Living
4%
BeardedgeekBabykittyjadeOnverserEnkiSchmidtBlueOvaleLiELFEdithVSallycutecatHavenRoseFiendishlyDelighted 10 votes
Discover University
1%
FairyGodMotherCeiCeiHjoRN1414RedSunBlues 4 votes
Eco Lifestyle
3%
bshag4lvfilipomelthatsnotswegBehappy1stgrassharpBrookeBCreativityTTNsimmerZoeyevester 8 votes
Snowy Escape or Cottage Living
14%
Nh6650PlayerSinger2010StormkeepIsb917elanorbretonsimgirl1010marcel21Katiardguezmegan_mariaClassicalSimSindocatannaliese39CarvedCrayonRosesGitaScobreOldeseadoggeAquaGamer1212Xavy_CatCattyBetsyMirkaKaroliina 31 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Probably Cottage Living. I love this sort of gameplay and wanted this type of pack in 3. I would have loved it in 2 and 1 as well, but I was young enough to not really have the most coherent pack recommendations back then. Plants and animals are quite dear to me, so it is just a perfect mix besides being something rather unique for 4 to offer.

Now, C&D could have theoretically had this crown. Pets packs dominate in every iteration for me, but they disappointed me in 4 (it is the pack that has disappointed me the most out of them all, actually). They look great, but don't play great. I prefer controllable pets, but I loved them in 1 and 2 as well and I prefer how 1 and 2's pets play compared to 4's.

So, yeah, CoL is top for me.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Seasons
    I honestly don't know, not a fan of EP's. I think seasons for realistic gameplay but it has a lot of flaws.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is still the only EP that was a day one, full price buy and I havent looked back. Besides the tiny world, it was absolutely perfect for me. And the timing was perfect, since I was focusing on a couple sims whom I wanted to have some form of popularity as part of their story, so GF fit the bill! I honestly love making celebrity sims and the gameplay around it still keeps me engaged.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have two of the EPs on the list -- one I don't want and the other I haven't yet decided. Anyway I can't pick just one because the way I play involves multiple parts of multiple packs, and none of them bring strong enough feelings for me to claim either favorite or least favorite.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Get Together
    didnt see CoL at the end there :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    For me, I chose Eco for the re-playability of the pack. Every sim in all my saves do something related to this pack. Forget the NAPS, I cheat the naps I want for that neighborhood...easy peasy.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Cottage Living. Seasons is a close second.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Cottage Living, with Island Living a close second for the one that really got me interested.

Following those, Discover University for gameplay, then City Living. I had hoped to like Eco Lifestyle better than I did. Snowy Escape is nice enough, but winter sports aren't my thing.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I decided to give Cats & Dogs some love.

We are pet people at my house, and it's hard for me to imagine a Sims world without them. Sure, there are things I wish had been done better; since I didn't play TS2 and don't think I had the pets expansion for TS1 back in the day, I can't compare TS4 pets to their predecessors.

I also enjoy Brindleton Bay. I have wonderful memories of time spent on the New England coast, and Brindleton Bay captures that vibe so well.

To me, Seasons is such an integral part of all my Sims games that it's hard for me to remember it's an expansion pack.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Snowy escape is my favourite so far. But I haven't played Cottage Living yet.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Still no competition for Cats & Dogs as my favorite expansion pack, although Cottage Living and Island Living are great as well.
    I love cats and dogs both in real life and in game. I don't care about realistic Sims, but I love that cats and dogs are very realistic. I love their behavior and all the little antics. I love them so much that I always end up giving my Sims either a cat or a dog.
    I love Brindleton Bay, it's one of my favorite worlds. Vet career is also great and so are the CAS and build & buy objects.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Seasons
    Actually I have a few expansion faves.
    1. Seasons
    2. Get Together ties with Cottage Living
    3. Snowy Escape
    4. Island Living
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Iโ€™ve been playing in Brindleton Bay a lot recently. So I voted Cats and Dogs. Thereโ€™s a lot by the Harbour pier that I use regularly. I really like the build items. The animals are a fun addition.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The weakest one for me is Get To Work but I like the rest and have played them a lot. I like blending them together and going between them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2021
    Island Living
    Island living has a deep place in my heart. It's my dream Island pack. I was just thinking not long ago how much I wanna thank whatever gurus worked on this๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† because I wasn't really around on the forum or Twitter then. So I don't know who made it.
    Wasn't even expecting the mermaids so I was super excited about that addition. Although they don't have much to do as sea creatures I still enjoy them. The lots are a nice amount and a decent number of big sizes. Love each neighborhood and how some lots go half in the water. Honestly I just love EVERYTHING. When I got this pack I was like ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ one of my dream packs were fullfilled and actually exceeded expectations despite what I think it lacks. And till this day I just LOVE it
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is number 1 for me because it made the game come alive with a sense of the passage of time, then right on its heels is Cottage Living, then Eco Lifestyle. Those are my top three because I feel they have added a lot of depth and gameplay and storytelling options.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Get To Work
    Get To Work is my number one, because I need aliens in my game and all three active careers are my fav ( especially detective and scientist). The only thing that irks me is the pathetically small world. I think at least three more lots and a second neighborhood would make a huge difference. Seasons will be the second for me because of the weather changes and holidays, followed by Snowy Escape despite huge bugs (all of my sims enjoy or at least try sports and going on hikes). These three EPs I use the most and I considered them a must in the game.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Seasons
    by a landslide.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Seasons
    I love weather and the holidays so itโ€™s gotta be Seasons for me. <3
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Seasons is a very close second. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Cottage Living.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Gosh. I can't chose one. Get to work for Aliens, the 3 careers and retail, Get Together for the club system, Cottage Living for the animals, build/buy, errands, world, seasons for weather, holidays, and etc......
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Get Famous
    As an avid TS4 vampire connoisseur, it takes my power trip from affecting individuals and small groups, to affecting people on a broader scale and for a longer period of time (plus allowing me to make money whilst doing so). Given both packs have the best benefit/detriment-based perk systems in the game, their only downsides are the scales of their respective worlds. I was skeptical of GF before purchase, but now I can't see it and Vampires as separate, and wouldn't play without it
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Seasons
    Weather improves the game by a lot and holidays are also a wonderful addition to the game.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons obviously. I recently purchased Cottage Living but haven't had the time to play the game right now. I took a very long break from The Sims and really plan to fully get into all the ones I rarely tested like Snowy and Island Living.