Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Spooky Stuff

Sul Sul! What would a refresh of Spooky Stuff look like?

My ideas:
EP integration - use pumpkins grown in Cottage Living and add this type of party to Seasons calendar for Halloween type party
Add spooky aspiration of scaring as many sims as possible and living a spooky, eerie, life!

Any other ideas?

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I really like the idea of a spooky aspiration, and living a spooky, eerie life!
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    This stuff pack just feels so shallow without some reason to throw a spooky party. I’ve always thought a spooky aspiration was lacking.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Sul Sul! What would a refresh of Spooky Stuff look like?

My ideas:
    EP integration - use pumpkins grown in Cottage Living and add this type of party to Seasons calendar for Halloween type party
    Add spooky aspiration of scaring as many sims as possible and living a spooky, eerie, life!

Any other ideas?

I really like the aspiration addition! 😎👍.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love more spooky costumes, like Dracula, Casper, King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Superhero with Cape, Egyptian, Aladdin, North American Aboriginal Natives & other World Culture & Pop Culture costumes.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love more spooky costumes, like Dracula, Casper, King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Superhero with Cape, Egyptian, Aladdin, North American Aboriginal Natives & other World Culture & Pop Culture costumes.

I want a witches hat without the spider, Dracula’s cape and possible some different types of black/white robes.

Also, I would like to be able to send our children trick or treating ( not just have children come to our door ). And when children trick or treat to receive some types of candy they can actually eat.

Edited to say we should also have a costume category so we can pick what costume played and non played sims will wear to costume parties and the tech festival in city living, and children trick or treating….. I also think we need some more children’s outfits.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited August 2021

I second this, we have way too few options right now. For people who have all the packs they should at least enable a few of the outfits that come with them to be used as spooky costumes. A spooky party would be marvelous, especially if we could get the butler to dress up as Frankenstein.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I agree with everyone in this thread, but would just like to add that, in addition to needing more costumes of every kind, especially for kids, but really for all ages, what we really need is a costume category to be set and used for both spooky and costume parties. I guess a new outfit category should be basegame, but additional costumes, especially for kids and toddlers, could still easily be added.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    More costumes and costume variants and accessories

A door that looks like a book case or fire place

Candy making skill and spooky themed recipes

More spooky decor

Magic tricks

Candy shop with career option.
    Honestly would like to see the exposed brain from TS3 return. It was in Movies Stuff.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Add a Scary Music Radio Station like we had with the TS3 Movie Stuffpack were you can hear scary instrumental music. It would make Halloween more realistic and would make haunted houses even spookier.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    YES. I want this. <3
    #Team Occult
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yeah I agree on all suggestions in this thread, here are some more: :) 🎃

1. Possible to carve oversized Pumpkins (Integration with CoL EP)
    2. Possible to put & carve Pumpkins on the ground / bench. Kids could stand up or use the stool from the Group cooking option. (I often not carve pumpkins because you need that special Pumpkin table).
    3. Possible for Kids / Teens to ask for Trick & Treat. (Ask random sim or option on the houses in your neighbourhood. Do mischief stuff like bomb the lot in toilet paper if you get no candy).
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    A door interaction available in spooky day for kids and teens to ask for candy. Trick and treat being a group activity.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    It'd be nice if the costumes were integrated with Seasons, so I can select them as costumes options on Spooky Day.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Since it's a stuff pack I think I'd like to see more costumes. Mostly for kids as older sims seem to have a better range of costumes than children oddly enough along with costumes for toddlers.

Probably also crossover playability to be able to use pumpkins from cottage living.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited September 2021

These are nice ideas. But honestly I want a witches hat, without the spider, a witches less flashy plain back outfit, and Daracula’s cape.

Oh, and I would like children (that are being played ) go out trick or treating. I know kids sometimes come to the door, but it’s not the same thing.

I want a costume category so we can pick out what outfit our sims and other sims wear to a party and the cos play festival, and any other costume event. Then we have a choice of any outfit we want whether it looks like a costume to others of not, it gives us so much more variety!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    A door interaction available in spooky day for kids and teens to ask for candy. Trick and treat being a group activity.

This is what I was going to say. I would like my Sims to dress up and trick or treat.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Tricks to play on people (not just prank toilets- it's annoying) Also limit this to whenever you don't get candy.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It'd be nice if the costumes were integrated with Seasons, so I can select them as costumes options on Spooky Day.

If you play with mods, there is one that enables those costumes from this pack to be used as a costume during seasons holidays. And also adds for kids.
    Can’t remember the name of it, but found it on modthesims :)
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    We need a Costume Category for CAS!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Tricks to play on people (not just prank toilets- it's annoying) Also limit this to whenever you don't get candy.

Maybe add these to the mischief category!!! We need more things that tie this pack into other gameplay!
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member

I can only touch on this one- this is pretty expansive and I'd rather them not try it. The Native American tribes are easy enough to muck up. I had to correct a teacher one time because a story he wrote was based on conceptual knowledge and not actually facts (it was nothing crazy however). I'd expect them to distinguish at least the east coast tribes from the Midwest and West Coast tribes and even then, there's more to go into. Unless they literally contacted the remaining tribes and took time to actually learn the culture and historical clothing and their significance, that's might be a disaster waiting to happen.

As for world culture, I think that applies as well. I would find it interesting to see different cultural outfits as costumes but I'd want the sims team to do it right. There are far too many minority ethnic groups that get overshadowed or misconceptionalized. I'd hate to see mistakes in their representation.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Well, I'm part Prairie Cree so I really don't mind Native American costumes & cultures in the game. ;)
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Well, I'm part Prairie Cree so I really don't mind Native American costumes & cultures in the game. ;)

As a regular CAS option? Great! (Assuming they consult with experts to make the clothes accurate and culturally appropriate.)

As a Spooky Day costume? Hard pass. This is TS4, not a dirtbag frat party.

I can't imagine their marketing team would want that headache.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Costume Category in CAS and more costume types.

And a new moodlet for if your sim wears a dress-up costume to a party that isn't a costume party (erratic, childish and goofball sims get a positive moodlet for this and everyone else is embarrassed/angry/stressed)