Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use Pre-Made Rooms? (poll)

Simple question.
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Do You Use Pre-Made Rooms? (poll) 124 votes

All the time
2%
Annie2008ldmarkoMissmagoo2 3 votes
Sometimes
20%
tams2578icmnfrshAngel_mixAuroraBoreallisncisGibbs02kampffenhoffMellisenda2DevSims91stilljustme2AquariusMomcatmando830sarahuk12sillyangel0906leo3487Rasia SilverThriorPhillipaErdnussPatriceSharoniaKimmer 26 votes
Rarely
26%
auroraael14CK213BreeSashaJueJueMi9shaoscarTheSpotted_Ckokoro80AnmirlaRochertDarkLady2788SanBarChampandGirliebixtersannaliese39WaytoomanyUIDstexxx78JackOnYourBackMDianaSimsKyreRoencaliposs 33 votes
Never
44%
IcewolfLaBlue0314alexspoom13CamkatsuetoopIsb917simgirl1010g01denswanalanmichael1KennziKaigetaydevspice3kiwi84DragonAge_300905DaravifoxybillySajahiLoriTSpFraTacThisSentenceIsALie 55 votes
Other (Please explain)
5%
phantasmkissLiELFGrumpyGlowfishIzzeh96Atreya33NorthDakotaGamerPurpleHeather 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Sometimes
    When I'm lazy and have no internet (so no gallery), but I want to make a venue
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Never
    Never ever, but I use premade outfits.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Never
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    When I'm lazy and have no internet (so no gallery), but I want to make a venue

I can see that. Keep in mind anything saved in your 'library' can still be accessed when in offline mode. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes when I’m stuck for which style I want a house. Often I see a colour and go with that as the main inspiration.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Rarely
    Not that often, but its a feature I use and a feature I really appreciate about Sims 4 that I wish Sim 3 had. There's a couple of template rooms, like a bathroom and kitchen I put in a lot of builds and then modify. I very rarely download rooms from the Gallery, but then I rarely download builds from the Gallery.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Never
    For me, there is more work involved in using the premade rooms.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Rarely
    I'm in the Rarely camp. I don't use them that often but I am glad they are there. I have used a lot of pre-built whole lots though such as community spaces and houses like Duplantier Dwelling. Sometimes I just want to make my sims and move them right in without a lot of redecoration.

When I use the pre-built rooms, it is usually while building. I'll build most things on my own but I might add specific pre-built rooms that fit with my overall style. Kitchens and bathrooms are more frequent because they're pretty similar. I don't feel like my ultimate creative sense of expression is in designing every single bathroom, hehe. I've added a few other rooms with other themes such as a ready-to-go playroom. Sometimes I want to add everything myself and sometimes I just want to check off a box for a specific room. In the second case, I'll look at and sometimes use the pre-built rooms.

I appreciate having the feature. As mentioned, a lot of my community spaces are from Maxis community lots that were added like Hogan's Burger Bar, Club Slate and a couple of spas. I've also downloaded from the community and built my own. I like that everything from Maxis is playtested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Rarely
    Only when I'm exploring a pack for the first time. I like to see how the new items work with each other (and the base game) :smile:
    he/him
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Sometimes
    When I’m testing out a new pack or improving a room for a sim I don’t care a lot about sometimes the only way to find something is to find it in a premade room
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Rarely
    Once, when I needed to figure out a way to put an idea together, I grabbed two of the premade rooms and threw them into a build, then modified around it until the idea I had worked itself out.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sometimes
    They're handy when I want to expand my sim's house, but I don't feel like interior decorating. One time I used this premade bathroom and it looked decent
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited August 2021
    Never
    I used a few in the very early going, but I changed so much about them that... well, I realized I didn't need them at all. I haven't used any since then.
    Post edited by VeeDub on
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2021
    Other (Please explain)
    When I'm building, sometimes I'll use one to determine room size. I'll place a room with the amount of furnishings I'll want later, strip the room to nothing, then use that box to determine the sizes of other rooms. I used to have a problem making rooms that were way too big, so I do it this way when I start over-building and want training wheels again.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Rarely
    Only when I'm tired & have a creative block. However, even they eventually get my creative upgrades.
  • Options
    highfivehannahhighfivehannah Posts: 18 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes, but I usually add my own flair to them, especially if they are Maxis.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited August 2021
    Other (Please explain)
    Only to have direct access to most of the objects I need. For example, if I want a scary witch kitchen, I put down a premade one from Realm of Magic or Vampires with all the necessary objects and decorations in somewhat matching colours, then I move them over to the room that is supposed to be the kitchen, make my own little adjustments here and there and call it a day.

I rarely do that anymore since I discovered that BB objects can be filtered by packs and styles, but it was really helpful back when I was new to TS4's Build Mode. Nowadays, I still look at premade rooms occasionally when I'm too lazy to pick out the decorations myself, or when a new pack is out and I'm not sure how to place an object to be fully functional (like the fabricator from Eco Lifestyle, where I used to think the back was the front).
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Never
    I almost never used them, some of them do look nice but most of the time I forget that they exist when I build a house.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    I sometimes do build challenges, like trying to build a house using just premader rooms. So I use them then..
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Never
    I never use them just as I don’t use builds or rooms from gallery. They are usually not in my style and sometimes feel too generic IMO.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Never
    I voted never, but then I remembered that room from Spa Day that's just a sauna and some wall lights. Pretty convenient, that one.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Sometimes
    It's between sometimes and always
    I like them. And how to make a starting room at build mode
    So, at my games always there are houses than include premade rooms with some edits
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Sometimes
    Pretty frequently... when I actually bother to build. I'm a completely hopeless builder so for empty lots I tend to download houses from the Gallery and if I need to expand/edit an existing house I often check out the pre-made rooms. Might switch items etc but the rooms work great as templates.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Never

One vote for "All the time". Go @Annie2008 B)

I made this poll because someone previously asked this question. I was interested on what it would look like on a poll. And hey! all votes are good here. Excellent comments too. The variety and diversity of us players is quite awesome. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    JustKeepSimming2JustKeepSimming2 Posts: 31 Member
    Rarely
    I once made a house only out of premade rooms, but that is about it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sometimes
    I do use them but mostly just for a guide of what looks good together.