Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hurley Dynasty (Decades Challenge)

MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member

1891- Henry Hurley died, leaving his fortune, valued at 300,000 simoleons, to his son Paul. Paul and his Pregnant wife Elizabeth have moved into his estate.

1892- Elizabeth has given birth to a son, Nicholas!

1902- Marie has died of a stroke at the age of 59

1903 - A third floor has been added to the Hurley Estate.

1907 - Nicholas suffered a fever and died at 15. Elizabeth is pregnant again!

1908 - A daughter, Marie, has been born to Paul and Elizabeth!

1912 - While on the R.M.S. Titanic, Paul died after she sank. His wife and daughter survived the sinking. Paul's entire fortune has been left to his daughter Marie, Who will receive it upon marriage.

More story to come as it happens!
Post edited by MyriadSims on

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited August 2021
    Family History: In 1523, a man named Jamison Hurley appeared in French records, having 2 children and a wife.
    In the 1600s, the Hurley family was noted to have come into a sum of money as a result of a Sir Matthew Hurley discovering gold.
    In 1789-95, 13 members of the Family lost their heads in the French Revolution. The rest fled to America. In 1835, A bout of Smallpox killed 3 members of the family.
    That brings us up to current history, from 1845 onwards.
    edited August 2021
    1916 - Elizabeth has gotten a job as an Entertainer! She has also begun a relationship with Joseph Morris, a Lawyer from Chicago, IL!
    edited August 2021
    1918 - Her partner has died while at War.
    edited August 2021
    1926 - Marie has turned 18 and is eligible for marriage.

1927 - Marie has married Gerald Hurley (ne Dorsay) and is pregnant.
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    Please keep sharing. I have this bookmarked so I can keep reading your family's timeline.
    edited August 2021
    SimmingKim wrote: »
    Please keep sharing. I have this bookmarked so I can keep reading your family's timeline.

Thank you! I've made a few of these types of threads before but they've never lasted. This time, it will. Also, I have a family tree for them!

Link: Hurley Dynasty
    1928 - Marie has given birth to a son and daughter, but the daughter was stillborn. Her son's name is Michael and her daughter's was going to be Rose.
    I love your family tree and the pictures you used to portray everyone alive or deceased. Well done! Its sad her daughter was stillborn. I appreciate the realism of your Sim Family's experiences.
    edited August 2021
    I love your family tree and the pictures you used to portray everyone alive or deceased. Well done! Its sad her daughter was stillborn. I appreciate the realism of your Sim Family's experiences.

Thank you! I love making dramatic storylines so I'm going ham with adding some drama.

I also use the little silhouette photos for them because I made the tree after some of them had died and I had banished their souls, thus making it weird ot have some people with photos and osme without. so silhouette graphic instead!
    1929 - The Economy has crashed and Gerald has been fired. A sum of the family fortune has also been lost.

1930 - Marie has fallen Pregnant again.
    Its sad that the economy crashed. I am glad Marie is pregnant again. How do you determine the different events in your family's lives? Economy, stillbirths, etc. I have begun my own journey with this challenge and would love some tips and ideas.
    Its sad that the economy crashed. I am glad Marie is pregnant again. How do you determine the different events in your family's lives? Economy, stillbirths, etc. I have begun my own journey with this challenge and would love some tips and ideas.

For some events (like illness or the Titanic) I used wheel spinner to decide who would die/how many would die. For others (Like the stillbirth) I just decided I was bored. For the economy crash I just followed history (The Wall Street Crash of '29). Plus all of the events, to my knowledge, are realistic for their time periods.
    A wheel spinner sounds helpful. I love how you have been doing things. Thanks for replying so quickly.
    I enjoy seeing your family's timeline. I hope you don't mind that I chose to do one too.
    1931 - Marie has given birth to a daughter, who she has named Rose in honor of her daughter. Elizabeth suffered a fever but recovered.
    edited August 2021
    A wheel spinner sounds helpful. I love how you have been doing things. Thanks for replying so quickly.
    I enjoy seeing your family's timeline. I hope you don't mind that I chose to do one too.

Why should I care if you do one? It's your choice, it's not like I copyrighted this concept of Decades Challenge Timelines. Also, I favorited your timeline. Can't wait to see what happens!
    MyriadSims wrote: »

Why should I care if you do one? It's your choice, it's not like I copyrighted this concept of Decades Challenge Timelines. Also, I favorited your timeline. Can't wait to see what happens!

Its been my sad experience that some get irritated if "copied". I am delighted that you do not feel that way. Thanks for favoriting my timeline! I look forward to seeing more of your own.
    edited August 2021
    1934 - Elizabeth was suddenly afflicted by convulsions (seizures) and died at 59, the same age as her Mother-In-Law 32 years prior.

ETA: Wrote Marie and not Elizabeth, Marie is fine. Elizabeth bit the dust.
    1935 - Marie is pregnant.
    I am glad Marie is okay and with child too. That is happy news. RIP Elizabeth
    1935 - While in an automobile with Gerald, another automobile crashed into them and killed Marie.
    RIP Marie. That was a tragic turn of events. I wonder how the family will carry on. I'll not comment after each timeline event for you but know that I am eagerly reading every one of them.
    edited August 2021
    RIP Marie. That was a tragic turn of events. I wonder how the family will carry on. I'll not comment after each timeline event for you but know that I am eagerly reading every one of them.
    Alright. But yeah the family is not gonna be happy. Spoiler for Downton Abbey:
    I took her death from Matthew Crawley's at the end of S3
    1940 - Gerald has proposed to Anne Lucas from Chicago, IL. They are set to marry in 1941.
    1941 - America has joined WWII and Gerald has been sent to fight. He and Anne changed their plans and got married at the nearest Courthouse.
    1945 - The War has ended and Gerald has returned home!