Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AU/NZ check in. Welcome to our home away from home.

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• Sparrow1707Sparrow1707 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello from locked down Victoria! I'm a bit of a lurker on here but am around. Happy to chat!
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Welcome, @Sparrow1707 to the Aussie/NZ site. Hope you are staying well over there. :)

• February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    Hello from locked down Victoria! I'm a bit of a lurker on here but am around. Happy to chat!
    You'll have had plenty of time to chat. Are you able to go out again now - briefly?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Brendox1Brendox1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Kia ora, I'm in Wellington NZ. Started playing the Sims after our lockdown (sheesh timing), I think it was in June. I am hooked!!! I've just started building and I wanted to show you all my NZ State House that I made, but I can't post pics yet.
    And here we are in a seven day lockdown!
    And hopefully seven days will all it will be, but doubt it.
    Already Woolies shelves have been stripped of toilet rolls again. What is wrong with people!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Already Woolies shelves have been stripped of toilet rolls again. What is wrong with people!

You would think the stores would be prepared for it by now, fingers crossed for a short lock down for you. As for what is wrong with people, I guess they are just human and it helps them cope. Not sure where they fit it all.
    edited June 2021
    lori171957 wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »

You would think the stores would be prepared for it by now, fingers crossed for a short lock down for you. As for what is wrong with people, I guess they are just human and it helps them cope. Not sure where they fit it all.

It's now turned into a 14 day lockdown!
    I'll venture to the shops tomorrow to get some veggies in. It'll be interesting to see what left on the shelves!

So, it's not just my area any more. It's also Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and The Central Coast. And having just heard the news, other states number are up again too.
    I've had my first jab, but the next one isn't until September.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • jjrice2233jjrice2233 Posts: 17 Member
    Look good
    14 days has now turned into 9 weeks, with another month been announced!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • jjrice2233jjrice2233 Posts: 17 Member
    Look good
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited August 2021
    This pandemic getting out of hand when life can return to normal I feel for the poor animals being lock up not able to have a life of their own
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    chips46 wrote: »
    This pandemic getting out of hand when life can return to normal I feel for the poor animals being lock up not able to have a life of their own

As someone living in WA I feel for the rest of you, particularly in NSW & Victoria. We've been incredibly lucky in only having two or three short lockdowns. Although the media keep hammering our Premier for his hardline stance, I do feel it's the only sensible & safe way until sufficient people have received their vaccination.

Are you not allowed to take dogs for a walk now? Surely that can be done during your period of exercise?
    edited August 2021
    chips46 wrote: »

As someone living in WA I feel for the rest of you, particularly in NSW & Victoria. We've been incredibly lucky in only having two or three short lockdowns. Although the media keep hammering our Premier for his hardline stance, I do feel it's the only sensible & safe way until sufficient people have received their vaccination.

Are you not allowed to take dogs for a walk now? Surely that can be done during your period of exercise?

I think we, in NSW, thought we were doing well until this outbreak. And what angers me, is that the majority of people are doing the right thing, and the rest of them think it doesn't apply to them.
    A couple of times we've been out for a walk (we live on the coast), it's like a public holiday. There are people everywhere, and half of them aren't wearing masks, and sitting around eating and drinking when they are "supposedly" out exercising.
    Your premier has definitely done a good job in WA.
    On a brighter note, at least a lot more people have gone and got vaccinated. It's the only way out.
    I've not worked now since the end of June. I'm a hairdresser. It's longest I've ever not worked for. I hate to think of what I'm going to go back to face. A lot of my clients come on a 3, 4 and 6 week basis. There are going to be some serious roots to sort out!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MorganRedcoatMorganRedcoat Posts: 76 Member
    Hello everyone! I Am Morgan from New South Wales just wanted to say hello!
  • YannonYannon Posts: 1 New Member
    gday everyone, been a sim enthusiast for many many years but only now getting on here....i'm from Gippsland Victoria