Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Hello. Love the picture of the imaginary Friends in their toy forms.

@emorrill: Hello. Glad to hear that your move went well.

@Brandontaylor: Hello.

@lanlyn: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello

@Nushnushganay: Hello

@bekkasan: Hello. Need to read your updates.

@Mikezumi: Hello

@PalmArrow: Hello

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@all: Sorry if I missed anyone. Thanks for letting me read/comment on your stories/ pictures/videos. :)
    :) Smile!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited August 2021
    @bekkasan Thank you for your comments. Loved your updates :smile: .

@emorrill Who are you? Are we supposed to know you? :lol:
    j/k Good to hear you got everything sorted. Having no internet sucks. And here I thought you should be afraid of brown recluses. Who cares about black widows :smiley:
    Anyway. I'm actually playing TS3 at the moment, but I don't quite get into it. I did some test run in a world that, for some unfathomable reason, seems to be all the rage lately, but it unfortunately doesn't click with me, and I don't want to be the party pooper (eh, too late for that, I guess...).

I'm in a bad mood lately, as I want to visit my mom, who isn't exactly the youngest anymore (well, I'm not, either, to put it into perspective) and needs some help. Unfortunately, I have to cross a border to make that happen, and my current country of residence seems to be incapable of providing the necessary document for me, although I fulfill all prerequisites. I guess that a further discussion of this issue would violate a plethora of board rules, so I will leave it at that for the moment *insert some red hot rage*.

Same procedure as every year, James.

kDsHedV.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Turjan

Hope that will sort out in some way
    For you, must be so frustrating not to be able to visit. I know that reference you used, watch it most new years.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2021
    @emorrill - This is what my story looks like before the pictures get added. And frankly, I still have to play up to that point.
    AVvXsEie55o1IdMUd-9M01qnxsK_zzsUIJIh1ve7bxiPQadjoY6PxEowN0ohG-AwviQi23ob-pydIgEgqDkZGY4RfIittCL_qTV5NSOCelt0sFR_bPmBBupttYNgZSKhVNxyIGjskvREw9snJchxsJaLjMOs9jL84Ca8PvF-qke3Jq5llucolQTWe2mIBEQJJg
    Each chapter runs between 10-12 pages depending on the story-line and how I'm going to do it.
    AVvXsEgkp3fQ9hs54vAhgytLk0miDnhcJHLsFR5CG5Hlq19ClYfLv1k-YTqInUDWR0AOp9sGYmdT0zKL4UASeu9pgzBzqDaosrN6K0Ls4eytltp1E71f9eG4vuuagyFmAEBCOmBwAYiROEQ5zHJttvtT1X5RsCMx58NDs8ofmEHybVsgFeiFhzAXq1-5p1V09Q
    Of course, ten pages is nothing in comparison to my 17 pages on Chapter One of a JAGFic that I'm writing for Fanfiction.net.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Cable and internet is out right now :# won’t be o. Till morning
    edited August 2021
    Methinks I see a:
    v7kknd7h-1347928384.jpg
    Maybe we should all ignore it and it'll crawl back under it's bridge.
    Looks like Someone Spiked Kaden's Formula with some Fermented Juice.
    AVvXsEiW3CqJZ4JQlH9TJnsUrWzWCkrsxH0OKBMfPC1KtL17hQZOyVuzLc6A2_UDo2FVwOp8CXg7XkuG12WZOJMIlOJO866U3_7BT-Y9ocBdEOrs0cq8ob8-fvRbXYNcNZ_sHuSYZWTzBbNrDObJmiufOwzOXefGVMo1YD0JSG2COItLcRQEbT3x7ErkDVBGuQ
    Wonder how long it's gonna take for Kaden to crawl "off" the ceiling.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Brandontaylor : thanks for liking my story!
    I am following your new story with great interest, your tweaking of Emily Jones makes her even more pretty! I liked the first look of her, too.
    I just have a question: because she is a witch, why do you play her in Sunset Valley?
    Not that I would critizise you, I am just curious!

@Nikkei_Simmer : thank you so much for thinking that my story is good!!!
    I just can give this compliments back, your story is even much better than mine, of course and the pictures fit in perfectly as well!!!

@bekkasan : yepp, seen your comment and answered already!! :D

@Turjan : what a pity! I just hope that you´ll be able to see your mother soon!!!!! <3 (couldn´t you just drive to her? Can´t you leave Österreich or can´t you get back home then when you have visited her?)
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited August 2021
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you. Yeah, funny that that TV sketch got so popular in some countries.
    Regarding that "green pass", it's been remarkable that something that normally takes a few minutes now already took them nearly two months without getting anywhere. The system works fine for nearly everyone, but if a real person has to look into details, things start getting inefficient. Very inefficient. I guess everyone there is on vacation.

@AlexaKry Thanks. Yeah, I could probably rent a car and take that 9 hour (plus stops) drive if I felt desperate. Train is no real alternative. Plane takes 95 minutes plus time to and at the airport, and I can walk from the terminal to my mom's house. Theoretically. Not to mention that it's by far the cheapest solution.
    I need someone to look after my cat, and I now have my next available slot reserved for the second half of September (hope we won't be in another lockdown by then). Maybe, I can get the airline to just let me fill in a form - or simply use the code of a test result. I wanted to wait the promised three weeks for that green pass, but it's been nearly two months now, and they tell me that it's some technical issue. The department that needs to fix this technical issue doesn't answer the requests of the department that issues the QR codes. It would be comical if it weren't that infuriating. Meh.
    Here within Austria, things probably just "work" because, on one side, there are the rules and, on the other side, there is what everyone makes of them. Two worlds that hardly ever overlap.
    edited August 2021
    @Nikkei_Simmer

wow, that is a lot of pages!, great job.
    for my story, I just write directly on the forum and save haha.

@Turjan

Yep, it's popular hehe. It's a funny sketch
    though.

@emorrill

Welcome back , we missed you!
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Thank you! You seem to have an interesting story going on with little need for clothes, I guess staying in a bunker does that :p

@Brandontaylor
    All of my favorite Sunset families :)
    Please do post pictures of your genetic attempts, it sounds very interesting!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Turjan
    Who are you? Are we supposed to know you? :lol:
    **Insert CSI intro song** :p
    Hee hee! You tease. ;)
    Anyhoo, I was going to mention the brown recluse actually. :smiley: (Guess I didn't go through with it because my anxiety has already been on the fritz and I try to forget about those things. :neutral: )
    I found some glue traps online made specifically for those suckers and threw them under the sinks and in some cabinets. Just in case. :relieved:
    I'm so sorry you can't go visit your mom because of a broken system :cry: (that's how I'll put in on here. ;) ). I hope it gets worked out soon and that you can. You call her often right? :blush:

@Puddinroy Thanks my friend. :blush: How are you?

@Nikkei_Simmer Daaaaaang boy! Look at all that writing! :grin: Kudos to you! (I see you write first before you play it out. :smirk: I'll do that most of the time as well - did that for my whole Christmas Card story - though most folks say it's easier to play first and write around the pictures, but for me it depends on what I'm writing about and if it feels right to write it first or play it first. I dunno if that makes sense. :p ) Hopefully I can start writing today, that's the plan, in between all the busy stuff we have to do. It's gonna be busy for a while over here until everything settles down...
    You know how it is with moving. ;)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks chica. :blush:<3 If I stay away from the forum too long, I feel an emptiness in my heart.

@Karritz @GraceyManor @AlexaKry @ZhakiraP **Waves** :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @ZhakiraP

Great family, you have going on there

@emorrill

yo uare welcome
    edited August 2021
    Been doing the order of battle for my AI Marine Corps. The plumbots are doing the heavy lifting. 7500 plumbots per Marine Division. And three Marine Divisions in total. 22500 plumbots in total. That's a lot of plumbots to do the fighting. While the organics become the leaders. No, I'm not creating that many plumbots. My game couldn't handle it and it would take two years to make that many.

We're top heavy (a lot of flag (general) officers and not a whole lot of senior or junior officers or enlisted in the ranks. 🤪. I'm gonna drive myself bonkers before long making Sims and about ten, maybe 15 more plumbots that I can drop in here and there. (I'll photoshop the rest in).
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I decided to start this new story with Emily for a few reasons. The main reason is that when I started her old save, which later became known as the Langerak save, I actually didn't have internet at home during that period. Since I couldn't share or do any feedback unless I borrowed internet from family or public spaces, I just decided one day to mess around in CAS. The first Sim who came up was a Sim everyone has in their SimBin. I messed around with her a bit, changed her clothes, gave her a personality. Then, I thought, "Should I start a family with this Sim?" I was using my old, cruddy laptop then, so I could only play with certain EP's. Some of the discs I had for EP's were borrowed from my aunt, so after a reinstall during this period, I lost some EP's. So with Emily, I believe I had Late Night, Supernatural, and a few others only to play with. I ended up starting Emily in Sunset Valley and she ended up marrying Christopher Steel. Soon, Eric and Jessica were born, Christian was cloned, and Eric married Fawn Ursine and had Melanie Jones. Melanie ended up with Garry Sekemoto, but then I got bored with the save and ended up deleting all my backed up saves for the family.

However, when I got internet again, I was trying to come up with a save I'd enjoy playing, but I couldn't find one. I then remembered about Emily and wished I could play her save again. The thing was, I deleted all her saves, so how was I to get them back? Well, I found a program that could restore deleted items on computers. I wasn't able to get Day 90 something back, but I did get a day in the 40's that still would play. This "reboot" was shared here at the point where Melanie was still a toddler and she had never gotten with Garry. That was the save that led to her Dwight Langerak instead, then of course, you all remember they had triplets, Ariana married Quinton, who is Garry's son, and they of course had Daisy Langerak and Robert Langerak. During this period of play, I got a used gaming laptop from my brother, and was able to play with little lag. Some events in my life happened during this time, but I shared as much as I could. Then, when I got my job, I started to buy all the EP's I was missing, plus stimulus money kind of helped there too. The other day, I just decided since I have all EP's and a lot of store content, I could play Emily the way I always wanted to but just couldn't at the time. That is why she got the reboot.

Now for the reboot itself. I have already shared the first couple of days, but there are a few things to mention. Firstly, Emily has a different personality to the original. Secondly, she is getting with Christopher Steel, that much has worked out for me now. However, there is no plan to resurrect her family exactly like the Langerak save. Townies are already having different kids than the ones in that save, so generations after will be totally different. Third, to incorporate other towns in the save, I'll probably be using the Traveller mod. If that doesn't work out the way I want, I can always do some moves later on. However, I've always wanted a very long generational save in Sunset Valley, just to see what families hook up, what descendants will look like, etc. I'll be checking every kid born in the game to see what they look like. Then, if they need some help, I can use their parents in CAS to create a better genetic child for that couple. You'll kind of see what I mean if and when that happens. I don't want to change genetics much, but a bit of help works wonders.

@BlackSand Thank you! I listed the reasons for the reboot up above, but it is rather lengthy. So far, the reboot is going well, I've got more to share soon.
    Great update!

@Nushnushganay I hope he took care of the burglar.
    Dang, looks like they want you to throw a pool party.
    Lol, that was a pretty funny update.

@SweetCandy292 That's sad that she lost her dad.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    Thanks! They may return in the future, just taking a break from them to do this reboot.
    Yeah, it really helps. I hardly ever play on long lifespans, so I really on the potions and other items to keep Sims young if I want them around a while.
    They got a decent start on fixing the relationship, but it's not all the way up yet.
    She probably doesn't, lol. They do get fresh food often though.
    Yeah, I kind of figured Hal would flirt with someone, just didn't figure it'd be his mother-in-law.
    They really did, I miss playing Ariana. The early generations of the Langerak save were my favorite, but they aren't coming back in the reboot. However, I'm not quitting the Langerak save and still will play it some. Of course, I want to get the new save off to a different direction first, that way they aren't so similar except for the starting generation.
    I could, but just decided she can get a different job.
    It seems I have a hard time playing any new Sims I create. I have trouble getting new saves off the ground so I like to stick with my familiar Sims, lol. However, I still got plans to get Cassandra in a save, haven't played her much since creating her.

@emorrill Hadn't officially welcomed you back, so welcome back! Looking forward to reading more about your Stardew Valley Sims.
    Little spiders, I can deal with. However, I don't want to see any tarantula's or anything too big. They are too creepy looking.

@Karritz Great pictures! I really got to start watching your videos again, seems like I find too many other things to do though.

@Puddinroy HI!

@Turjan That stinks.

@GraceyManor Bummer. I always hate when internet is out.
    I saw there was a knitting mod now, looks well executed and seems like it was always part of the game. Of course, I haven't tried it yet, but it seems promising.

@Nikkei_Simmer He seems very happy, lol

@AlexaKry You're welcome.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like her. I just felt she needed slight tweaking. I guess it'll also help make her descendants different than her alternate ones in the Langerak save.
    Mostly, just because I love the familiarity of Sunset Valley. This save will mostly stay there, and when I continue the Langeraks, they'll be the ones to move town to town over the generations.

@ZhakiraP I just love Sunset Valley, I like that all the Sims are familiar to me. However, going to check out the other worlds too as I might like some of those townies too.
    I will, I want to see if I can get some good genetics from townies or if they are all doomed. I'm allowing small tweaking, but not too much. I want to keep them close to how they were born.
    Story thread is now up and running with the first three updates posted. If anyone wants to read them in order or keep up with them in one place, that'd be where to see them all. Anyway, here are the next few days.

Day 4, Generation 1

J2Y2fsp.jpg
    While I was sleeping, Connor must have used my bathroom. Not only did I have to clean up a dirty mess, I also had to unclog the toilet from his waste. Talk about a nasty job.

aiG0txR.jpg
    After getting ready for the day, I spent some time with Shadow. She and I are starting to grow close. Still got to find her a cat friend though.

k9o1lng.jpg
    My next chore was to tend to my garden. I don't have enough money to buy me a sprinkler yet, so I have to water them all by hand. This takes up a lot of my day, but I enjoy doing it.

llNjDxQ.jpg
    I've been trying to spend at least part of my days practicing my alchemy. I'm going to need to create a bunch of them if I want to make some money soon.

Pxex0qW.jpg
    Lastly, I spent the last part of my day practicing my magic. I didn't get what I wanted out of my transformed apples, but at least I gain some magical experience.

Shadow's POV

TOfc8ba.jpg
    While Miss Emily was sleeping, I was wide awake. Night time is when I do a lot of my roaming around town. I ran around the neighborhood when I spotted a male kitten. I went over to introduce myself to him and learned he is called Ichabod. Apparently, his family are known as the Andrew's. Mrs. Andrews seems nice, she pet me when I first arrived.

bcnhpCX.jpg
    I guess I tried to rush our friendship a little too soon. When I tried to nuzzle up to Ichabod, he hissed at me. Of course, I had to hiss back, that's an important rule of being a cat.

D7HrtIV.jpg
    However, we soon made up and were running around the yard like kittens. Well, I guess Ichabod was, I'm not a kitten anymore. Oh, and it may look like I was going to swat him with my paw in this picture, but we were only playing.

Total: $256
    Lolly Racket had a little makeover

jpOrEKQ.jpg

0jqIcFS.jpg

wkHktF4.jpg
    edited August 2021
    Day 5, Generation 1

YDFA7Ys.jpg
    I finally decided I had enough money to buy a sprinkler system for my garden. Hopefully this cuts down on how long it takes to garden.

bCfaSD0.jpg
    A bit later, I decided to got visit the beach. I noticed a guy looking over at me, and then he got up from his chair to greet me.
    Christopher: Hey, Emily!
    Emily: Hey, aren't you Christopher Steel?
    Chris: Yeah, I am. I kind of fell like I should apologize for the message I sent you on SimHarmony.
    Emily: Oh, the one where you told me thanks but no thanks?
    Chris: Um, yeah, that'd be the one.
    Emily: It's fine, I get it. You aren't in to me.

4MdCAPP.jpg
    Chris: That's not true, you're actually an attractive lady.
    Emily: You really think so?
    Chris: Of course!

2zQBHwd.jpg
    Christopher and I continued to chat on the beach, not caring how hot it was outside. He told me that the real reason he rejected me at first was due to him having a girlfriend already.
    Chris: But it may be over soon anyway. Everyone knows that Jamie Jolina has the hots for Thornton Wolff.
    Emily: So you're saying we might have a chance then?
    Chris: Sure. I think I'll break up with Jamie so she can move on. Although, she probably will hate you now.
    Emily: It's fine, if she tries to mess with me, I can strike her with lightning with one simple spell.
    Chris: You're a witch?
    Emily: Um, yeah. Does that bother you?
    Chris: Not at all! I actually think it's pretty cool.

w2vjYbI.jpg
    qOUlOtU.jpg
    We really got to know each other on the beach. It got to the point where I decided just to ask him if he wanted to move in with me. He agreed with me, and we drove off in his Big Lemon. He even told me I could use it too if we were to be roommates and potential lovers.

kAFJlKw.jpg
    Inside our house, Chris and I started to get pretty flirty with one another. It was soon after this that we considered each other to be romantic interests. You may think it seems pretty soon, but we Sims have to move fast, especially if our Watcher's have us on lower lifespans. I told Christopher that I felt like I won a trophy when he told me how attractive he found me.

RpB4ovL.jpg
    While we were busy, Shadow was out prowling the yard looking for intruders. She was afraid this raccoon would dig in our trash, so she tried to scare it off. It didn't leave, but it didn't dig in the trash either.

mPDAAk2.jpg
    Chris took me to the restaurant he works at for our first date. We decided since it was so nice, we'd sit outside and enjoy each other's company.

WfIVxTw.jpg
    Chris surprised me with some red roses. I'm not sure where he got them from, he hasn't went anywhere without me since moving in with me. It sometimes feels like our whole Sim world is full of a magic I can't use, but it makes our lives interesting. However, I did notice our bank balance went down right before receiving the flowers.

Ry5apep.jpg
    I was so happy with how my life was going at that point, and apparently, so was Chris. He was so happy to be with me that he pulled me in for a kiss. I think he was afraid I'd get mad, but I pulled him back in and kissed him passionately. Right after this, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I accepted.

LIixcFV.jpg
    Back at home, we discussed some of the things we hoped to accomplish in our lives. I told him about how I wanted to be a top alchemist, and he told me how he wanted to catch a bunch of perfect fish. He said that he was thinking about changing his Lifetime Wish though.
    Chris: I just think maybe a career based one would be better for me. I could still do some fishing.

EMzs81Z.jpg
    2kheL5i.jpg
    But soon, we were stretched out on the bed making out. Neither of us wanted to stop and we had woohoo for the first time.

Total: With Christopher moving in, he brought $5000 with him. I spent some of their money on improving their house a bit. The night closed at $850.
    edited August 2021
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Thank you! You seem to have an interesting story going on with little need for clothes, I guess staying in a bunker does that :p

@ZhakiraP - I'd do less clothes on these sims, but that might get me banned. :mrgreen:

emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Daaaaaang boy! Look at all that writing! :grin: Kudos to you! (I see you write first before you play it out. :smirk: I'll do that most of the time as well - did that for my whole Christmas Card story - though most folks say it's easier to play first and write around the pictures, but for me it depends on what I'm writing about and if it feels right to write it first or play it first. I dunno if that makes sense. :p ) Hopefully I can start writing today, that's the plan, in between all the busy stuff we have to do. It's gonna be busy for a while over here until everything settles down...
    You know how it is with moving. ;)
    Sometimes I play it out before I write, other times I write before I play it out. My legacies tend to be the latter and so is this Apocalypse Story.

Now the ISBIs (I'm Surrounded By...) are best played before written - and of course by letting my mind take a long walk off a short pier - my wife says that isn't too hard for my brain to do. She say it takes leave of my cranial cavity quite often. :D

Believe me, I'm trying to forget that joyful experience. (...of moving).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Day 6, Generation 1

KKbiL4Z.jpg
    xMIQGBl.jpg
    The following morning, Christopher and I woke up feeling happy and refreshed. While I made our bed, Christopher cooked waffles for breakfast. He may work at a restaurant and have a knack for cooking, but he's got a way to go to earn that first promotion.

3p4wUmk.jpg
    Right now, Christopher and I only have this small area to eat in. We need to make some money so we can buy a bigger place.

gvRVkiG.jpg
    Christopher introduced himself to Shadow. They are off to a decent start. Speaking of Shadow, she and I are friends now so I can actually pick her up now. It'll be a bit before Christopher can though.

YpPqYGH.jpg
    I went outside to work in the garden, harvesting some ingredients I can use for my alchemy. I'll collect some for a while, then I can sell whatever I don't need later.

kyqTdgQ.jpg
    After that, I went and visited Milton Tong at the alchemy store. I didn't find anything I wanted other than some plants I don't already have. I also sold what little elixirs I had.

hfSrYnD.jpg
    When I came home, I saw that Christopher was learning the basics of alchemy as well. Anybody can learn alchemy, but I'll learn it faster than he will due to being a witch.

xwdDFVN.jpg
    I decided to surprise him by jumping into his arms. He's surprisingly strong, even though he needs to build a little muscle. Well, guess I could stand to gain some myself.

BrJDips.jpg
    Christopher kind of did his own thing while I started to make some more elixirs. I hope that I can get a promotion before long, but I'm going to have to make more than I am now.

jmwZNgB.jpg
    I had about enough of making elixirs, so I played with Shadow a bit. I just love her so much!

OsSb1Q8.jpg
    Then I spent some time honing my magical skills. I wish I had a fellow witch to hang out with, we could learn magic together if I did.

fedIxjW.jpg
    Shadow: While my humans were busy, I decided to go visit my friend, Ichabod Andrews. He isn't too far away from becoming an adult, so I want to play with him as much as possible before then. Maybe, just maybe, we can have some kittens once he ages up.

Total: Didn't write it down but it's less than the day prior, which was $850.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Soulmates

https://youtu.be/qH9hNKO4lOU

Jamie and Bekka meet Catarina and Renauld at the Bistro. They eat outside because the evening is so pleasant. The dinner arrives before Bekka has a chance to explain about the soulmate relationship. As they eat, they chat about many things. Renauld inquires about Mary, and Jamie explains what happened and their hopes for the full moon.
    Catarina picks up her napkins and pats her lips. She takes a sip of her nectar and remarks, “The new chef has lived up to his reputation. This is a delicious meal. I hope your meal is as tasty and well-seasoned as mine. You know how much we enjoy getting together with you, Bekka. We appreciate you inviting us." She glances first at Bekka, then at Jamie. "It's also enjoyable for us to get to know your friends."
    51363498681_7994f7af48_o.jpg

Bekka picks up her glass and takes a sip of her nectar. Jamie takes a generous gulp of his. He slips his hand under the table and gently caresses her palm with his thumb as he grips her hand.
    “We wanted to share our wonderful news with you. The Fates have shown us that Jamie and I are soulmates.”
    Renauld looks up from his plate and murmurs “Congratulations” and goes back to eating.
    “What took you so long to figure it out?" Catarina asks as she picks up the desert menu. "I knew it when I saw you together at the wedding.”
    Bekka stares at her Godmother with her mouth open too stunned to comment.
    Jamie observes Catarina in amazement and awe. “You sure know how to conceal things!"
    “I have to, I am a politician.” Catarina beams at him triumphantly.
    51364234009_77ea8c4b6b_o.jpg

Bekka finally recovers and answers her question. “Jamie knew right away, but we had a rocky start and I was dealing with all the other stuff too. I knew as soon as he was leaving for Shang Simla that he was mine.
    “Jamie, I do believe the Fates typically know what they are doing when putting a couple together. I don’t know you well, but from what I have observed you are the perfect one for her. I am puzzled, though. You are not an occult. How would you know you are Bekka’s soulmate when she didn’t even know for quite some time?”
    “Catarina, thank you for your confidence. I know Bekka is perfect for me. Bekka thinks I have some occult ancestry. I have always possessed an ability to sense things about people. I also feel suffering and emotional distress. I can alleviate the distress by taking the emotions into me. Bekka thinks I am an empath. Once things are resolved with Mary, I may investigate it. It is not a priority right now.” He shrugs his shoulders.
    “That is extremely interesting. It is similar in Renauld’s family. There have been various occult in his ancestry. Every generation or so someone develops certain abilities. No one in the current generation is showing any signs of abilities.”

Catarina barely takes a breath when she asks, “When is the wedding?”
    "Sheesh, Godmother, let him propose before you start planning things.”
    “Oh, am I getting ahead of things? I do seem to do that.” She looks at them, unapologetic.
    Renauld nods at Catarina, "You do keep us all organized my dear." He continues eating as he pats her thigh with his free hand.
    Jamie looks thoughtful. “She is already mine and I am hers. We could go to the courthouse and make it official tomorrow if it was up to me. But that may not be what Bekka wants to do.”
    Bekka leans over and kisses Jamie lightly on the lips. “I’ve never wanted a formal wedding like some girls dream of. A simple ceremony with a few friends and family. Mary and Damien had a beautiful simple wedding. I'd like to wait until Mary's situation is resolved. I want her to come."
    51362743077_d9265f24b8_o.jpg

After the meal they walk in the courtyard and chat before leaving. Catarina hugs Bekka and reminds her that she is very good at planning weddings, simple or big.
    Renauld approaches Jamie “As Bekka’s soulmate you are now a member of the family. Please join us for our Sunday brunches that we host for family and friends. Attendance is not mandatory, but we would all like to know you better.”
    “Thank you sir. I appreciate it and look forward to meeting the others in the family.”
    51364233939_cfc9deb24d_o.jpg
    51363719053_0697603968_o.jpg

Damien advances enough to receive his yellow belt. Lee commends him and decides they will train more tomorrow. “Let's go find a snack.”
    51362742962_b7a7ea37d2_o.jpg

Layla comes downstairs after resting and finds Bekka and Jamie arriving home. “We are going to have a snack. Would you like to join us?”
    “Yes, thank you. Didn't you go out to eat?”
    Jamie nods, "Yes, we went to the bistro. The food was delicious and very artfully arranged. But the serving was tiny and I'm still hungry. It was very fancy and delicious, but not enough. Jamie pokes his head in the refrigerator. "Does cherry cobbler sound good?"
    Layla and Bekka respond with a "yes" and follow Jamie into the kitchen.
    51363498476_e7a070ee69_o.jpg

Damien and Lee return from their session in good spirits. Damien walks into the house laughing at a joke Lee told. In the kitchen Jamie could hear his laughter. He smiled contentedly, knowing Damien was coming back to them.
    As he cut the cobbler, he called out to them to join them in the kitchen.
    Layla seems a little quiet and tense and Bekka asks if she is ok. “Oh, yes. I’m fine. I think I'm still a little groggy from my nap."
    They relax at the kitchen table, enjoying each other's company as well as the delicious cobbler. Damien and Lee tell Jamie about the training session. Damien remembers to tell Bekka how awesome the gym looks. "It looks better than I envisioned. Thank you so much."
    Jamie is all set to go to the basement. He is torn between finishing his cherry cobbler first or taking it with him. “Finish your cobbler, and I’ll go with you,” Bekka tells him. “No eating in the gym.” Everyone laughs at the face Jamie makes.
    51363718943_4db0b860ec_o.jpg

Layla takes Lee by the hand and leads him upstairs to check out the room and the new bed. Before going upstairs, Damien goes outside to say goodnight to Mary. Jamie and Bekka go to the basement. "Bekka, this is an amazing room! I wasn't sure about Damien wanting to keep those walls, but you made it work." He runs around the room checking out all the equipment and then finds the locker and changes into his gi.
    51362742762_0364b61451_o.jpg

He tries to remember what he learned in Shang Simla and strikes the training dummy as he was taught. Bekka watches and thinks he looks very sexy beating up on the wooden dummy. She is quite turned on watching him.
    51362742702_e467aab47c_o.jpg

“Jamie, my love, how about coming with me. I want to show you a few more things in the gym.” She leads him over to the locker.
    “Honey, I saw the locker. That is where I got my gi.”
    “She just smiles. Follow me.”
    Soon much laughter, giggles and other sounds come from the wardrobe.
    51363718693_da1b949dfb_o.jpg
    51362742577_b41c5f064e_o.jpg

Lee and Layla are upstairs relaxing in the new bed. Lee cradles her in his arms and kisses her softly. “Now, tell me what is bothering you.”
    Layla peers at him curiously. “I'm not going to be able to hide anything from you, am I?
    “No, my dear. We are now a part of each other. What hurts you, hurts me. If you need it, I will try giving you some space and time. My instinct will be to help you or even fix the problem for you though.”
    Layla closes her eyes, safe and secure in his arms because of his love. 'How did I ever live without him?' she wonders. 'I didn't, I just went through the motions. I didn't live.'
    51363718923_b0952060dd_o.jpg

"I tried to contact the Fates this afternoon. I entered the realm as I always do and they were not there. I could not find them anywhere. I floated through the realm searching for them. It is not a big place, but they were nowhere to be found. I finally needed to return to my body. Lee, this has never happened before. If they decided I am not the Oracle any longer, I should not be able to get into the realm. I'm concerned and puzzled."
    "That is indeed puzzling. But surely they do travel around and visit other realms?"
    "Yes, I suppose that is true. There have been a few times when they were not present when I arrived. They came very quickly after though."
    Lee looks thoughtful. "When you try again, will you let me be with you?"
    "Yes, of course."
    51393084734_267144a660_o.jpg

Lee pulls Layla onto his lap.
    "Do you still want to be the Oracle? You know I will support whatever you decide."
    Layla wiggles a little, enjoying lying across Lee like this. "I had a really good talk with Bekka today. She reminded me to search my heart and decide what will make me happy. I know one of the happier times in my life was raising her Mom and the others."
    "I thought about that a lot today. I don’t want to be Oracle Lee. I turned into someone not very likable and I don’t want to be that person again. I want to have a family with you and raise our children. I want to help you if I can with what you do for others."
    "I would also like to train the next Oracle. No one trained me and learning on your own doesn’t work very well. No Oracle deserves to be treated as I was. I should have handled things better though, and hopefully I will be a better teacher because of what I went through. The Oracle also needs protection from clients like the Pixie who cursed me. I was hoping to talk with the Fates today about my ideas.
    Lee's heart feels as if it will burst with happiness as he pictures Layla pregnant with their child and working side by side to raise their family as well as help others. He never imagined he would be lucky enough to have a soulmate, let alone children.
    51392353106_4fc7d2ee23_o.jpg

Lee looks at her with so much love in his eyes. He is so proud of her for making this very difficult decision and still wants to work to help the next Oracle. He scoots off the bed, picks her up and swings her around in his arms. "You’ve made me unbelievably happy by hearing that you want to have a family with me."
    51393084664_a8f10c847b_o.jpg

He sits her down on the bed and nuzzles her neck as he relaxes next to her. "I love you so much!"
    "That feels so good! I've known about soulmates all my life, seen them, met them, worked with them. Until now I never understood the true bonding that takes place. I love you!"
    51392611948_dd58f7490c_o.jpg

They fall back against the pillows, wrapped in each other's arms.
    "Lee, what was your plan for your life, before me?"
    "Exactly what I was doing, helping others with my magic."
    "With all your knowledge and masters, you never wanted to be part of the council?"
    "No. I love learning and teaching. That is why I have all the masters. As a member of the council, all you do is administrative work, pass laws, pass judgement on witches who have done wrong, and pass sentences. That is not what I wanted for my life."
    "Did you want a family, children?"
    "Of course, in my dreams I did wish for my soulmate and a family. I did not expect it to happen though, since I lived such a solitary life when I wasn’t working. I didn’t date much after leaving school. My life was pretty boring by most standards, but I was happy enough on my own. I never truly expected the Fates to honor me with a mate so early in life."
    51363718558_ed8f6daa3e_o.jpg

Lee watches her face, fascinated by how her expressions change. The love that shines brightly in her eyes is just for him. He knows he is the luckiest and happiest man in the world.
    "Enough talk, my love. Let’s start making babies! "
    Layla giggles as they dive under the covers. She knows she is the luckiest and happiest woman in the world.
    51363498066_10cc9dcf62_o.jpg
    51363498041_553323ba0f_o.jpg
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2021
    My sim's dad berated him for being dirty (had the garbage speech bubble). My sim then started cleaning everything, from fishtanks to bathtubs, and picking up the knocked over trashcan outside. Then he went back to his dad used "berate ignorance". XD It was so funny, sometimes it feels like the sims really have a mind of their own.
    kwdT9wX.gif
    @Sunnyyesjams: Sim-Dad isn't an "asian dad" is he? Mine always used to "berate ignorance" - "Why you no doctor yet?!" :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @Sunnyyesjams: Sim-Dad isn't an "asian dad" is he? Mine always used to "berate ignorance" - "Why you no doctor yet?!" :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if asian, but more like aliens :lol:. All the men in that family hate each other. Grandpa hates dad, dad hates son, etc. There is constant fighting I think due to fact that they tend to be grumpy/hotheaded geniuses AKA "I'm better than you". The women are chill and really just try to stay out of the room when 🐸🐸🐸🐸 goes down. I think my sim's dad doesn't approve his career choice as a photographer, grandpa was a power broker, and he was a celebrity chef, so him being a free lance photographer triggered everyone lol.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @emorrill : Waving a shy "Hello" and hearing my mum´s words "don´t talk to strangers!" ;)
    I hope you could unpack all your needed things at least and your house is livable yet?
    How far in the woods do you live? Very far away from your next neighbours?
    Waiting for your next update!

@Brandontaylor : Just recognized that your narration style changed! Me am dumb! :D
    Very fast move of Emily to let Christopher to move in after some flirting at the beach and the knowledge that he still was together with Jamie... ;)
    Sims are very fast when it comes to love and woohoo, hm? :D
    So you dind´t cheat the relationship between Shadow and Emily and Christopher? (I always do that, the pets in the family HAVE to like the family members! o:);) )
    Now that you have all EP: think of trying out the other worlds that came with that said EPs, there are some really beautiful ones! With so many new opportunities to play! (not that I want you to persuade to something you don´t want, of course)

@bekkasan : comments already made at your thread!

@Turjan : Gosh! When it wasn´t reality and you weren´t suffering because of that incompetence of the administration this would be a great joke. Do you know "Asterix erobert Rom"? That is literally the same situation when Asterix and Obelix have to get the order form 2Passierschein A 38"......
    Grr, administration in Austria and Germany is awful!
    I so hope that you´ll get your QR code soon and that you´ll be able to visit your mum! <3

@BlackSand : As always: your houses and their decorations look beautiful.
    I like that the townies use the dojo and advance in their skills.
    It would be hard for thieves to steal safely in Hidden Springs now, right? ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top