Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outside Perspectives on Problems with the Sims Games

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    My friends are more interested in the drama and scandals around the game, than what's actually in it. They think small stuff, like Laundry and Vacuuming packs/kits, are really stupid.

Everyone loves Sims 2 though.

I do think that the self-inflicted drama is part of the appeal to insiders as well.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    My friends are more interested in the drama and scandals around the game, than what's actually in it. They think small stuff, like Laundry and Vacuuming packs/kits, are really stupid.

Everyone loves Sims 2 though.

That's because although it isn't perfect it covers all the bases, including those 4 doesn't at all or only poorly. Yes, it's old, - so doesn't have all the new tech razzle-dazzle & features - but it's a good simulation game that I never get bored with. On the building side, while it's not as flexible and basements can be frustrating, said basements can be easily set into hill sides or sloping beaches and accessible from a wall door. One, with a cheat, can build true sky-scrapers - or at least a 3 story Victorian on a foundation with a roof. The terrain tools are simple and intuitive, and the water tool gives you a fishable pond in one go by default once it's large enough. No multi-step process of make depression, add water, add sign, go fishing elsewhere to get fish to put into it. The worlds are our own, we are free to add what we want, where we want, and it's all accessible. And add our own worlds, too. Body shop enables us to not only make sims, but several types of CC. Yeah, it's old, but better a '58 Chevy that runs well than a '21 whatever that doesn't. If TS4 was an automobile, it would spend more time at 'Ernie's Garage' than our own.