Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    CHALLENGE BnS #152 – Home Sweet Office
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Home Sweet Office
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/70EBF51301E911EC846B2E638F0580EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 79930
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/5vf5YVS

Two story office/apartment home for young up-and-coming professionals. Easy to take care of yard for those who don't have time to garden. Two offices/law library/kitchenette/bath downstairs. Two bedrooms, full bath, laundry and open concept living area upstairs. Artwork provided by #Catatron16, #Gamerwindy, #Aljay2000, #mnewi1103.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Artwork provided by #Catatron16, #Gamerwindy, #Aljay2000, #mnewi1103.
    edited August 2021
    Sorry
    Post edited by MaryKup on
    Sorry for the double posts, please delete if you can, for some reason I can't
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    MaryKup wrote: »
    Sorry for the double posts, please delete if you can, for some reason I can't

I think only forum mods can The ones with EA_ in front of their names. Most you can do is edit it to say sorry double post or something.
    image.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited August 2021
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Home Sweet Office
    GALLERY: Link
    GALLERY COST: 97 991 (I didn't realize that the lot cost gets subtracted on the gallery, :D I am not going to change it now. Will remember next time) :)So, I had spare time to adjust my build with the extra 2000. Will update my build on the gallery and slide show tonight. :smiley:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1XDMQfa

This was the build I had in mind the moment I read the brief. It is a 3 story modern industrial build, with modern rustic furnishing to compliment the build. The bold colors I used were dark blues, orange, gray and black. I also used leather and a lot of different wood tones. The ground and 1st floors is the Law Firm Offices. There is an elevator\door (with stairs), on the 1st floor to the loft, which occupies the whole 2nd and 3rd floor. This door\entrance is exclusively for Justin Lau and Adil Bailey. My motivation was to establish the Law Firm, offices, more than the loft. My opinion is that the right office environment will bring clients to the firm and intern the growth of the firm. This will enable the client to furnish the loft to their desires.

EviMOKp.png

pmGy5L3.png
    zWGooRR.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    FORUM ID: Zita1966z
    ORIGIN ID: Zita1966
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vegas Law
    GALLERY LINK: DL
    GALLERY COST: 97822
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Having issues with Imgur so added all the images here click spoiler below and apologies for the inconvenience

The attorneys are drawn to the nightlights of Sim Vegas and was thrilled to find this property in the heart of the city. Contemporary, modern and with bold wood and leather design choices, I hope they will fall in love with this property.
    ZGguiPq.png

Street view
    75OMPUG.png
    Parking and entrance
    b8XCwkh.png
    BtD8Nm1.png

Reception area
    6HDovb9.png
    uwAR09V.png
    afMQz8q.png
    FWc9On2.png

Board room and offices
    WXmfOJR.png
    1ps9r4K.png
    XYWSTvW.png
    ol7xhsF.png
    pChJnsK.png

Staff kitchenette and customer/staff restroom
    SJgTMJY.png
    RR9llgb.png
    XYW8YUn.png

UPSTAIRS LOFT AREA

Kitchen and dining
    08YxbkS.png
    I6BKbS3.png

Loft entrance and living room
    CJUnsBi.png
    vrcDAoX.png
    0EWwbRs.png

Bedroom and bathroom
    5taweK7.png
    Hw0HtLk.png

Entertainment
    yr9xqke.png

Veranda
    2dfIKlG.png

Other angles and views
    5ChBb03.png
    GSkFYRf.png
    pBDU8R8.png
    yP8zdqJ.png
    75OMPUG.png
    GOxgkG9.png
    lzXbs2o.png
    nHcx5nl.png

• KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #152 - Home Sweet Office

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/29777B13F4D411EB8689A46954E8DEB9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $97466
    TOTAL COST: $997466
    CC- None, Gallery Art by #Thesims4Ame #MrsBarbiex3 #Team88byMPKG #Samie40 #reginamh1230
    Constructive Criticism- Yes please
    Link to NEW ENTRY- https://imgur.com/a/TJxibiA

This older brownstone rowhouse has all the charm of these vintage homes have to offer. The first floor has been converted into a large formal office building. Most of the upper floors have been converted into apartments, instead of a full home. While most are in the process of being modernized, one of the apartments is still holding the rustic charm of the past. (Please note, i have done 2 versions of this, one with just the office and their apartment decorated that i am submitting here, and then completed all the apartments, which i am not submitting here, but is in the gallery).

BFiWyzK.png
    S0Pn1zM.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    CHALLENGE #152 - Home Sweet Office

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Preeminent Domain
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B184B5240A0D11EC8F0B19BFEC232A3C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $96,993
    TOTAL COST: $99,993
    CC- None
    Constructive Criticism- Sure
    Link to NEW ENTRY-https://imgur.com/gallery/NV2vNZf

Pictures:

wdG8HeU.png

cWpaDE6.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS152 - Home Sweet Office is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2021
    qmGROO5.jpg

You offer the nervous young woman in front of her a reassuring smile, hoping to set her at ease. Her hair is as bright and colorful as her clothes, yet her eyes don’t reflect the same cheer. Rather, there’s some sadness and desperation in them. “Hello. How can I help you?”
    Ashleigh Tipton sits down, folding her hands in her lap. “I should probably give you some background first, so you’ll understand how important this is to me.”
    This is unusual, but you nod encouragingly. “I’m listening.”
    “So the short version is, I’m Mortimer Goth’s niece. Our parents were estranged but when my mother died, I was sent to live with Uncle Mortimer and Aunt Bella. We never did get along: I don’t understand them, they don’t understand me. We’re just too different, and I know they consider me an obligation and burden. We’ll all be happy once I move out. My parents left me some money, so I can afford to have a small house built as far from the Goths and Willow Creek as possible.”
    You admire her determination and can’t help but empathize with her story. “I would love to help you. What did you have in mind?”
    “A small, modern house. I just need one bed and one bathroom, plus an office and workout space. If possible, I’d love a small pool in the yard, we never had one growing up and I always wanted one.”
    “That sounds easy enough. Any other requirements?”
    “Just..make sure the house looks nothing like the Goths’ place please. No dark colors or black. White and light gray are okay if you must.”
    “Noted. And what’s your budget?”
    “$60,000.”
    “All right. Your new home should be ready in a month.”
    “Thank you so much! These last few years have been horrible. It’ll be like paradise to be in a home that suits me.” Finally, a smile lights up her face.
    “You’re very welcome.”

The brief:
    Budget: 60,000
    Build the house on any 20x15 lot in any world other than Willow Creek.
    Must look as unlike the Goths’ house as possible.
    Needs at least one bedroom and bathroom.
    The office and exercise rooms may be combined if budget and/or space don’t allow for separate rooms.
    Add a small pool in the yard.
    Remember to landscape.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Ashleigh Tipton and show her enjoying her new home.

Room challenge: Create Ashleigh’s exercise room. Budget: 9,000

Remember to include the entirety of the hashtag #bns153 or your entry will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is 30 September 2021, no later than 23:59:59 New York Time/EDT.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2021
    CHALLENGE #153 - Rainbow Paradise

ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Raffia Quinta
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/62AFA2C70DCB11EC87732E638F0580EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3500
    GALLERY COST: $54979
    TOTAL COST: $58479
    CC- None
    Constructive Criticism- Yes please
    Link to NEW ENTRY- https://imgur.com/a/zWgH9ri

This Simple home is packed full of party and color. It is full of an artists Beautiful works throughout. Perfect for those who love fitness and art, wrapped up into one home.

6JwSpXq.png

sW6uWW8.png

Post edited by KitelDesigns on
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 153: Summer Designer Showdown
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    HOUSEHOLD: Ashleigh Tipton
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/I2xmuzT
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ashleigh Tipton is the Niece of Mortimer and Bella Goth. However she abhors the dark colors or the Goths, so she moved out of the Goth Household and into her own abode in Oasis Springs. She loves birght colors and wants to make it on her own
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:

yMrsJxp.png
    edited September 2021
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 153- Workout room
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    ROOM: Workout room
    GALLERY COST: 8912
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rZ0PYKF
    ENTRY DETAILS: This small workout room is packed with all one would need to increass their fitnessa and wellness. We enter onto the stage where one can do kick boxing or yoga. as we walk down to the main level, we can do strength training or cardo.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

Please note, this is saved as a lot on the gallery due to it having a platform.

wex1uBb.png
    edited September 2021
    CHALLENGE BnS #152 – Rainbow Paradise
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Modern Beginnings
    GALLERY: LINK
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 58366
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/pfoRonY

This time round I used fresh and soft colors, not too bold, to embrace the opposite of the Goth's house. I don't want Ashleigh to feel overwhelmed in her new home. I want her to enjoy the open views and the gentle touch of color.

GM2WVGZ.png

4Ax63sW.png

Bx0FeDw.png

Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    Thanks, @Zita1966z
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 2-4-1Wakabamori in Mt. Komorebi
    NEW LOT LINK: The Good Life
    LOT COST: $800.00
    GALLERY COST: $59,198.00
    TOTAL COST: $59,998.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #153 - Rainbow Paradise
    ENTRY DETAILS: This modern home is nestled in the the corner of 2-4-1 Wakabamori in Mt. Komorebi. Way up in the mountains, and as far away from Willow Creek as we could get. The home is designed with the modern exterior that Ashleigh desired, but we have added a soft and pretty feminine style to the interior of the home. The home has three floors with two decks and an open air yoga studio on the third floor. There is a Zen garden, patio, grill, fire side seating and a hot spring pool for her to enjoy in the back yard. The lot is eco friendly, with solar power panels, geothermal heating and a recycling station; encouraging an Eco friendly environment. The lot also has a peaceful aspect to it. *Note - I changed the solar panels to roof ones for the gallery upload because the ground ones I used for the pictures required cleaning and they were un-accessible.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc Artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    CtLcexR.png
    Y3553eP.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    HOUSEHOLD: Ashleigh Tipton
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Ashleigh Tipton
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ashleigh Tipton has just turned 18 and has decided to move out of the Goth's house. She still has to finish up the rest of her grade 12 year of schooling, but feeling like a burden and having absolutely nothing in common with the Goth family, other than her genetics, Ashleigh has decided to move out as soon as possible. She is moving to Mt. Komorebi, as far away from willow Creek as physically possible. The Goth family insisted that she learn the violin, so she is very skilled in that, but she actually prefers to play the guitar. She likes focus music and hates spooky music. She absolutely detests the pipe organ! She loves the color green and hates the colors black and red. Ashleigh loves to snowboard and is often found outdoors. She loves modern and boho decorating styles and would be happy if she never had to see another piece of Queen Anne furniture in her life again. Ashleigh is a good person and loves the outdoors. Her dream aspiration is to have inner peace. She is hoping that by leaving the Goth family behind as a distant memory, and starting a new life on her own, that inner peace is something that she can actually achieve.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NIUSnwV.png
    6mt8cAz.png
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    FORUM ID: ElleJoyner
    ORIGIN ID: ellejoyner
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/158B2A6D111D11EC874D047BDC94C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=ellejoyner&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $51,960
    TOTAL COST: $55,460
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6SYpMs4
    ENTRY DETAILS: 85 Raffia Quinta is a sleek modern home, not lacking in character or color. Brightly landscaped, with a sprawling mapel tree and abundant desert flora throughout. Complete with a small pool in the backyard, a luxurious bathroom, charming great room, spacious bedroom and an office or den with panoramic views.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No custom content, but I did use NoCC artwork from the gallery by CocoSims2205, Yolimy, EvaRotky, catatron16 and SimSationalToo. I also used the T.O.O.L. and BetterBuildBuy mods from TwistedMexi, and both debug and the hidden objects items.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: https://i.imgur.com/Ld4pyEX.png , https://i.imgur.com/wW5lq4C.png

(I apologize for the links/images not being posted. I still cannot figure out the coding for all that!)
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Welcome to the forum, and the challenge @ellejoyner. As a new member, you aren't able to post pictures yet, but once you have a few more posts you'll be able to. In the meantime, here's your entry with the links.
    ellejoyner wrote: »
    FORUM ID: ElleJoyner
    ORIGIN ID: ellejoyner
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/158B2A6D111D11EC874D047BDC94C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=ellejoyner&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $51,960
    TOTAL COST: $55,460
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6SYpMs4
    ENTRY DETAILS: 85 Raffia Quinta is a sleek modern home, not lacking in character or color. Brightly landscaped, with a sprawling mapel tree and abundant desert flora throughout. Complete with a small pool in the backyard, a luxurious bathroom, charming great room, spacious bedroom and an office or den with panoramic views.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No custom content, but I did use NoCC artwork from the gallery by CocoSims2205, Yolimy, EvaRotky, catatron16 and SimSationalToo. I also used the T.O.O.L. and BetterBuildBuy mods from TwistedMexi, and both debug and the hidden objects items.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: https://i.imgur.com/Ld4pyEX.png , https://i.imgur.com/wW5lq4C.png

(I apologize for the links/images not being posted. I still cannot figure out the coding for all that!)

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    CHALLENGE BnS #152 – Rainbow Paradise
    FORUM ID: Zita1966z
    ORIGIN ID: Zita1966
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vibrant Interior
    GALLERY: LINK
    LOT COST: 1000
    GALLERY COST: 58954
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: LINK

Ashleigh Tipton is young and planning her future away from the Goth residence. We designed a modern house for with a subtle soft color pallet to enhance the curb appeal. Inside we kept the subtle color pallet but with a burst of color to compliment this young lady's personality. With a tight budget we still managed a smaller 2nd bedroom for her friends to sleep over and a separate laundry room and gym area. We kept her study nook in the open-plan area so she can be close to the kitchen and living areas whilst working on her computer and study.
    Xb2LoCj.png

1XV4Van.png

saNUM0D.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oak Alcove in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Pretty in Pink Modern
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $58,214
    TOTAL COST: $59,714
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This modern home is very different in style, era and colour from the goth house. Pastels and white instead of deep jewel tones. Modern style furnishings and compact living zones. Ashleigh has a pool out the front and an alfresco dining space to enjoy the outdoors. This house is pretty and feminine but also practical for the modern young woman.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ALfQ5nY.png
    VLFmKgt.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 153: Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    HOUSEHOLD: Tipton
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ahleigh is the neice of Mortimer Goth - unfortunately they don't get each other and Ashleigh has planned to move out as soon as she gets her inheritance from her mother. Ashleigh loves pastels especially pink and prefers the sport outdoor life to the intellectual indoor pursuits of the Goths.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    PICTURES:
    jf7TW6Zl.pngigk7vuKl.png

xHzMPDU.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    These modern homes are stunners!
    Looking at all of your builds make me feel i might have gone a bit too far with all my colors, but i enjoyed doing my build.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top