Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make money in the sims besides jobs?

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Oh, and be sure to use only functional off the grid appliances. Upgrade to raise your pay!
  • Options
    Oh, crud. And set power and water to sell.
  • Options
    Geothermal lots can reduce electric bills very well. And natural wells can kill water bills. Add that to the things mentioned above for more money.
  • Options
    Buy a bee box and sell honey?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Can you sell mixed drinks?

You can! I am not sure that the amount you get back exceeds the cost of mixing the drink, but dragging it to the Sell box in the Inventory pane at least gives some of the cost back. My penny-pinching sister taught me that trick. "Sell your spoiled drinks off that tray - they're worth something." Probably not an actual money-maker, however.
  • Options
    If you're in a haunted house, you can drink the soul drinks and sell the cup to a collector. Idk if other spirit-related things can be sold once they're used, though.
  • Options
    Computer whizes have the option to do extra stuff for money as well. That requires becoming a level 5 tech guru to get the trait, though.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

You know, If you folks haven’t invested in Journey to Batuu yet, DO IT NOW! 😎

Become a scoundrel and …just get another sim to give you money simply by…asking.
    I choose “Swindle Credits” every time I’m in need of some cash and I get about 100 simoleons each time I ask an individual sim. I don’t even have to know them that well.

Or play a game of sabacc and make money with a bit of gambling. An excellent way to survive.
    Easy peasy. Best pack ever. 😇
  • Options
    SimishGamer1SimishGamer1 Posts: 76 Member
    Thank you so much for all of he suggestions. I have updated the front page!! I am using this information to refine a challenge outline.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    • "Shrewd" aspiration reward trait.
    • Research station knowledge donations (best if you're a vampire).
    • "Appraiser" aspiration reward trait.
    • Balampalsoh Wealth blessing.
    • Taking loans using charisma.
    • 'Penny Pixies' lot trait.
    • Pet breeding (selling kittens and puppies).
    • Collect bird feathers (from pets) and sell the statue after you collect 12 unique ones and put them together.
    • Karaoke contests.
    • Humour and Hijinks Festival.
    • Pumpkin Carving.
    • Living Statue costume (astronaut or cowboy) - It says "Busk for tips", but you don't need an instrument.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Recovering artifacts and relics in Jungle Adventure. Takes time to clean up and authenticate the stuff you dig up, but once you start finding golden frogs and plates you definitely get rich quick. And once you've established yourself as a higher level archeologist they start mailing artifacts several times a week and paying you 4k to 5k to authenticate them and send them back.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2021
    One of my favorite things to do is blackmailing sims when you plant a bug on them (Strangerville) and they'll give you money in exchange. :naughty:

When you reach a high lvl in snowboarding you can teach classes and gain money from that.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    DJing is like busking, you can make some good tips from it.

Dumpster diving, you can sell what you find or find small amounts of money.

If you are a spellcaster you can duel for artifacts that you can then sell.

You can compete in video gaming contests and win money if you are good enough, likewise the Geek festival also has a video gaming contest.

If you are on the winning team at the Humor and Hijinks festival you win money as well as fireworks and a microphone you can sell.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Money isn't the problem it's not able to spend it. You have a 3 bed 2 bath home fully furnished and $500,000 in the bank. Now what ?.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Money isn't the problem it's not able to spend it. You have a 3 bed 2 bath home fully furnished and $500,000 in the bank. Now what ?.

You must be a very careful spender. :lol: Maybe we should start a thread on how to spend and squander money in the sims. :smiley:
  • Options
    Money is far too easy to get! I wish it was more challenging. I am is a mod that reduced money earned from stuff and I still make a small fortune.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    • "Shrewd" aspiration reward trait.
    • Research station knowledge donations (best if you're a vampire).
    • "Appraiser" aspiration reward trait.
    • Balampalsoh Wealth blessing.
    • Taking loans using charisma.
    • 'Penny Pixies' lot trait.
    • Pet breeding (selling kittens and puppies).
    • Collect bird feathers (from pets) and sell the statue after you collect 12 unique ones and put them together.
    • Karaoke contests.
    • Humour and Hijinks Festival.
    • Pumpkin Carving.
    • Living Statue costume (astronaut or cowboy) - It says "Busk for tips", but you don't need an instrument.

Can you explain the bolded?
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    You can befriend Mother Plant :D
    Then visit her every day and ask for riches.
  • Options
    SimsGrownSimsGrown Posts: 17 Member
    My favorite way to earn money is to create a club where all they do is painting. Buy a street art gallery and sell their paintings for a 300% markup! Your welcome <3 hahaha I love it!
  • Options
    SimishGamer1SimishGamer1 Posts: 76 Member

The research station I believe is the computer in the college town.

• Options
      If you have Basemental Drugs, there's a bug. If the Sim has ADHD and is doing freelance work, when they stop doing the task for the job autonomously without finishing, the task is set to completed.
    • Options
      JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
      Frog Breeding
      Cloning Machine - Get to Work; made with Invention Constructor
      Copypasto - Realm of Magic, practical magic spell
      Wishing Well - Romantic Garden Stuff
    • Options
      BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
      edited August 2021
      Sit still and do nothing.
      A little exaggerated perhaps but it is literally impossible to not get incredibly rich very fast in this game.

After the later updates there is even several random events that will give you thousands of Simolions per week for doing nothing. And i am not exaggerating, the chance of you being offered 2500 Simolions just by answering your phone at least once per Sim week is VERY high.
      Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    • Options
      Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Heheh! :p;)
      DqGIDdf.jpg
      Reticulating Splines...
      9ODVlJh.png

• Options
      DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
      You can have kids and sell the baskets for §150.
      ID: StGerris
      Legacy Photomode