Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is your favorite Sims 2 neighborhood or sub-neighborhood?

waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member

Which is your favorite Sims 2 neighborhood or sub-neighborhood? 74 votes

Pleasantview
39%
auroraael14jenpow01Rflong7PeachesnDucksNadja55Anmirlamisty4mclassicXcrimestargurujohnny33Iguess66garapoeslunaoddityDestin2016Michael_PattrickVivi_WillowTreelifeofdaydreamsSmellincoffeeIVXXXVIEllupelluellu 29 votes
Strangetown
17%
RitchieLizMarie1085PuddinroyParySunflowergal227snoepjes1210hzm02telemwillEnigmaOFFChoneydewfieldsbeathappeningHermioneSimspacer1965 13 votes
Veronaville
6%
GoodywoodDijktafoneLemon405M13Vulpeculawheeloch 5 votes
Riverblossom Hills
1%
Lulu29 1 vote
Desiderata Valley
4%
ChampandGirlieEnkiSchmidtWildIrishBanshee 3 votes
Belladonna Cove
8%
AnthonydyerSorak4NesoiancitizendelicadoAPurpleTurtlemollie1998 6 votes
Bluewater Village
5%
simgirl1010KennziKaigerh2006fanSkyrryx 4 votes
any of the Downtown / University / Vacation districts
5%
BoergeAarg61barracuda1574EricasFreePlayVeganisiniz 4 votes
your Custom Neighborhood
9%
CinebarStrawberryYogurtSAEldarinSimmingalCalico45IamJJotaerre3D 7 votes
Results, please
2%
waterywatermelonmelsim 2 votes

Comments

• lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    Pleasantview
    I love Pleasantview, simply because the main storyline is iconic. I think there's a reason why everyone is still talking about the mystery of what happened to Bella Goth 'til this day. And there was something fun about every other household - the Pleasant family had so much drama, the Broke family was really hard, Don Lothario's shenanigans were hard to keep in the down-low, etc. There were so many things going on and it really moved the game forwards and gave the player the feeling that the townies were alive. They had relationships and stories of their own. So A+ for the lore!

Comparing The Sims 2 to The Sims 4, for instance, the base game has a few interesting stories set in place in the characters' bios. Johnny Zest is a Landgraab estranged from his family and disowned, the Pancakes are married but completely incompatible, Don is Katrina's boy toy living with her attractive daughters, etc. But none of that is reflected in their relationships and sometimes even in their skills. Only recently, with Mount Komorebi, townies have started to have stories of their own that actually impacted your gameplay a bit more, due to the sentiments system. Otherwise, like in previous neighborhoods, you'd have no incentive to follow through the pre-set storyline. Of course, it's a notable difference to what happened in The Sims 2, with the way those storylines heavily influenced your choices and options.

I also was obsessed with Veronaville because I went through a weird Shakespeare phase in school, lol. :D However, I don't remember much regarding the stories of the households, except that they were derived from Shakespeare's plays. So, Pleasantview wins this round.
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    Pleasantview
    I chose Pleasantview because I usually start playing there most of the time, but I think all 3 main neighborhoods are amazing because each have interesting lore and mysteries. Pleasantview with Don Lothario sneakiness, the Caliente sisters and Bella's disappearance, Strangetown with Olive Specter's ''graveyard'' , Nervous Subject and again Bella. Also Veronaville with the Monty-Capp family feuds and secret lovers.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    edited June 2021
    Veronaville
    Veronaville gets the cake from me - I recognised Isabella and Patrizio Monty from the console games and since then it's been my go-to town to play; I got more good memories playing VV over Pleasantview or Strangetown.
    Banner.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Pleasantview
    This , but still my own. I edited PV map at SimCity4, added more roads to main part and also near coast for beach lots. Then I used Hoodreplacer and replaced the Meetmetotheriver's fixed PV Hood with my terrain and roads :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Pleasantview
    PV is my favorite neighborhood because it's the biggest one, but I really like VV too in terms of style. I like the Sims of ST the most.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Desiderata Valley
    I was just thinking of how much I liked the TS2 Freetime pack. Something like that is missing in TS4. I also agree that there was a lot of depth in the game. At that time, I think I played on a very long lifespan that took up essentially the whole development of the game with one "conventional" family. They were fun and I should actually bring back a newer version of them. The father was a doctor, the mother was a businesswoman. They had two children and then later a third. I didn't like that at the time, a child of the same gender ended up looking genetically identical to his or her sibling. Otherwise, I enjoyed it though mostly with a pretty conventional family.

I remember Don Lothario, the Calientes, the Goths, the Pleasants, etc. I think I checked in with all of them but mainly played my own household. In those days, I just built my own huge box mansion and then built an even bigger one. I like to play differently than back then but yes, I enjoyed the depth of that game.

If they want to base any worlds on the older ones, I would be a fan. I also liked Pleasantview and though we are talking about TS2, I liked Sunset Valley in TS3. In TS2, I think I mostly ended up in Desiderata Valley playing with Freetime.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Desiderata Valley
    Desiderata Valley was where I first grew attached to the premades. I tried Strangetown out when I first played Sims 2, but quickly turned to playing a custom neighborhood, until Desiderata came along and it clicked.

At the moment I have Desiderata combined with a downloaded neighborhood (Pitstop Valley) and a handful recreated Sims 4 sims. It's how I like my Sims 2 best - when a neighborhood grows stale, toss in a subhood, a custom sim or an (extracted and cloned) sim native to another 'hood to stir things up.
  • AcetosellaAcetosella Posts: 2 New Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview has the best story, characters and it's nostalgic for me. Even though we always created new sims with friends as kids.

Desiderata Valley has the best layout and Strangetown some nice sims. I only had the base game for the longest time and now as an adult I've collected all the expansions. Stuff packs left to get.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Hard to say. It's a tough call between Pleasantview and Strangetown. I used Pleasantview the most when I played Sims 2, but years later I have a strong fondness for Strangetown now.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Riverblossom Hills
    Both Veronaville and Riverblossom Hills were my favourite in TS2. I found Riverblossom Hills to be quite quaint and perfect for the Seasons pack. As for Veronaville, I generally loved the feel of the place and the storylines with the characters involved. A lot of my own families were often based in Veronaville.
  • RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    Strangetown
    Strangetown by a long shot, I have a thing for the whole alien desert conspiracy thing. Loved role-playing the whole Bella Goth mystery. University neighbourhoods were pretty amazing as well!
  • DazedLlamaDazedLlama Posts: 15 Member
    Pleasantview
    My favorite neighborhood is Pleasantview. I still play with my first family which I created in my childhood <3 . Now their descendants live all over the neighborhood, have many children so it takes so long to go to the next age for each of them 'cause I play with every household of this family. Also I have a household in Belladonna Cove.

I checked all the neighbourhoods and think that all TS2 neighbourhoods are well-thought-out with unique interesting stories.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview is always iconic, but I love Belladonna Cove and Strangetown as well
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    your Custom Neighborhood
    Mine is always the best 😁
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    The three base game hoods and Belladonna Cove are all iconic, but I love taking sims downtown and the Downtownies and NPC's that show up there.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Strangetown
    For me tied between Strangetown and Pleasantview. Strangetown is fun because of the occult there- to boot before i played the pc version, i played the console version of The Sims 2 on PSP. Sims 2 for psp revolved around strangetown, so some of the characters there play a repeat part in the pc version. I like Pleasantview because of the Caliante's the whole bella goth mystery, the pleasants, and Don lothario's mess! (and boy is he a mess in my game!)
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • delicadodelicado Posts: 4 New Member
    Belladonna Cove
    Belladonna Cove and Pleasantview
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview but Strangetown comes close in second :)
  • rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    Bluewater Village
    Had to go with Bluewater Village- it has my favorite pre-built house in the game (the Victorian that's right near the waterfront). It's a toss up between that and StrangeTown for me.
  • honeydewfieldshoneydewfields Posts: 7 New Member
    Strangetown
    Strangetown, as it was the most memorable to me. I was always so intrigued by the backstory, and I personally enjoy occult sims. You just can't top that level of iconic.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The University neighborhoods. I put 2 in every neighborhood I play (Sim State University and Academie Le Tour). I play Marla Biggs in every one and each game ends differently for her. Sometimes she leaves college with a boyfriend and sometimes she leaves still single lol I love the variety in each game.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Veronaville
    All the way!
  • hzm02hzm02 Posts: 17 Member
    Strangetown
    Mine would be Strangetown! The mysteries, the dramas and most importantly, the Olive family! The town has a lot of stories to be told and discover!
  • NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    Belladonna Cove
    Belladonna Cove! I love the apartments and the different districts, and I find the families interesting as well. The intro cinematic with that big statue of Bella is also one of my favorite hood cinematics.
    Desiderata Valley comes in second, although I'm slightly biased since it's the second hood I ever played after Pleasantview and I had really fun times with my custom family there. It's a nice quiet suburban town and I find it better for normal gameplay with custom Sims than the dramatic soap opera with all its captivating characters that is Pleasantview.
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • beathappeningbeathappening Posts: 11 New Member
    Strangetown
    Strangetown because I love the occult sims and the storyline.