Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could add one new interaction…

Comments

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2021
    This is really a conversation option rather than an interaction, but I'd like to see a choice on the pie menu for Friendly interactions for Ask About Family. That's a very common topic for discussion when you meet someone new, along with careers, interests, and hobbies--all of which a Sim can ask about. Ask if Single is a Romantic interaction, and it isn't quite the same thing anyway.

I can have my Sim ask someone if they're a mermaid, and I can ask them to change into another outfit...but I can't ask them about their spouses or kids. :D
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    "This is a private conversation."
    For townies that invite themselves into your conversation. They will find someone else to bother.

It turns into "Go Away." If they come back, and it will make them leave the lot."

Definitely needed - my sims dates have turned from flirty to awkward very fast because someone invited themselves into the conversation.

I'm sure people on this forum have seen it already but why not share it just in case! There's a mod that allows you to remove people from conversations. Linked below:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/remove-sims-from-49508741
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I would put the Leap into Arms interaction back in! That was one of my favorite interactions in other Sims games, and it made me sad to see that it wasn't there in The Sims 4. I know some interactions can lead to a Sim jumping into another Sims arms sometimes, but I would like to be able to control when they do it without having to use another interaction.

I loved this feature! And the kiss-down-the-arm one too where the sim would plant kisses all the way down the other sims arm.
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Vampires to be able to bite sleeping Sims.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Vampires to be able to bite sleeping Sims.

I thought they could already do that. I have a sim that has a vampire come in at night and bites her. I try to keep the doors locked because it drains her for work the next day.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    More "mean" interactions. Slap, hit with bag, punch, throw --- item at, gossip about sim, etc. I need more ways of fighting than just "throw drink" and fight.

Also a way of easily telling sims to get the -- out of my sims conversations on a date. It's insanely annoying my sim flirting with their date and then it becomes an "awkward interaction" as Nancy Landgraab felt like joining the conversation uninvited :|
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,029 Member
    More romantic interactions but also more specific interactions. If my sim is angry it's sometimes hard to know why - so yell at x for doing y could show up when appropriate.

Other than that:

* Slow dancing
    * Games such as tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek
    * Definitely (!!!) telling sims to leave a conversation
    * More actions while relaxing in bed or lounger (read a book, phone a sim, text a sim, talk, make out...)
    * More fun activities in a pool (playing with each other)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • scandinaviansimscandinaviansim Posts: 16 Member
    Kids dancing on their parents feet like in the sims 2. I love that!
    Remove fireworks from toilet.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Yes! We need that one so much. "Ask about family" and/or "Ask about household".
    I also miss "Invite household" when inviting a sim over.
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Cuddle in bed (or even the old fashioned autonomous sleeping-spoon of the previous games).
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Sword-fighting. We need more forms of combat between sims.

I would totally buy a game pack that involved archaeology making The Sims Medieval officially canon in the Sims 4 universe. Add some nice sharp objects to the Neighborhood Brawl holiday! Or how about something inspired by Guedelon castle, the experimental archeological site in France where they're using period-correct techniques to build a medieval castle in the modern day?

Aren't you afraid that they'll make it very much "not period-correct"? I didn't care for Sims Medieval because I have too much knowledge about the Middle Ages and I couldn't see it as being representative. And I certainly can't enjoy what the modders and CC creators have done that were supposedly "Medieval." (I love what they're doin at Guedelon castle though! I follow their progress.)
  • highfivehannahhighfivehannah Posts: 18 Member
    I agree with the slow dancing and would love to see more imaginative games between children but something that bothers me is the limited interactions to console sad sims. Interactions such as a husband or partner being able to wipe the tears away from their wife or partner's eyes/cheeks would be nice or even a different version of embrace/hug to console the sim. I dislike that the only interaction to console a sad sim seems to be to conversate. I see the importance but adding tenderness to moments like this would enhance gameplay for me.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    More romance options, like cuddling in bed, slow dancing and making out on the bed.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Teens play with Voidcritters.

Or children walk or bathe pets.

There are more, but these are the ones I typically complain about.
    Fly around for vampires, or the ability to switch into bat/human form. They have wings, so why not let them have fun with them?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Pushing a baby/ toddler in a stroller while walking the dog and being able to walk two dogs together
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes! It's so annoying and it needs to be an option where you don't have to introduce yourself first to do it! It's especially annoying when you go on a date and people butt in.
    CK213 wrote: »
    "This is a private conversation."
    For townies that invite themselves into your conversation. They will find someone else to bother.

It turns into "Go Away." If they come back, and it will make them leave the lot."

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited August 2021
    Fly around for vampires, or the ability to switch into bat/human form. They have wings, so why not let them have fun with them?

Some Vsmpires can switch to bats, I have had them switching from bats to vampires on my sims door step.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    everything already mentioned plus:
    - toad-afication spell (bring it back!)
    - for interactions with the voodoo doll to actually be visible on the sim its done to (not just a moodlet)
    - being able to boo celebrities
    RySBI wrote: »
    For example, I would love to see vampire Sims get a “Deadly Bite” interaction that will let them kill Sims outright (if successful).

Oh heck yeah, I'd loooove that, tho I would call it "drain of all plasma" >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

SheriSim57 wrote: »

Some Vsmpires can switch to bats, I have had them switching from bats to vampires on my sims door step.

I was more referring to a flight animation where they just fly around and then return to the same spot, like the jetpacks from Sims 3's Into the Future.
  • Kenny_vanCullenKenny_vanCullen Posts: 23 Member
    Playing Marco Polo
    Vampires autonomously running inside during the day after carrying out outdoor activities.
  • TheElbForestTheElbForest Posts: 24 Member
    Some smaller romantic gestures, like handholding, cuddling in bed, maybe the option of giving a goodbye-kiss before the other sim leaves for work? Or children running towards their parents when they get home.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I said this elsewhere but I would want different types of romantic personalities and more variety among the animations - more types of kisses, hugs, cuddles and new animations reflective of different sim personalities and attitudes to relationships. Currently everyone does everything the same way. I'd also want to see improved new romantic animations like the widely requested ones of dancing together/slow dancing, cuddling in bed, new kisses, lengthier hugs and more flirting. I'd see new compatibility features, more unpredictability and online dating / improved friendships. I'd also like an update for weddings so that the main events aren't all the same. I'd like events for meeting the family of a spouse and the easy ability to invite people from both partners' networks to an event.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.