Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Improvements Would You Like For Sims 4?

TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Toggle: Turn off environmental change completely but still use the solar panels and dew catchers to lower your bill.
Toggle to turn off random aging
Choose which NAPs can be voted on.
Create your own NAPs
Sliders for how many days each sim life stage is.
Add 21 days per Season
Unlock a Supper Efficient Pet Care at level 5 pet training which has your sim brush, pet, then hug the pet. Then your sim tells them to eat and go potty outside. Then their needs get filled up.
Have every rabbithole job also have a work from home option.
Be able to keep recipes and blueprints you learn from all careers.
Let us save a household with all the money and items in their personal & household inventory.
Sims that have degrees from university and are moved into a new save file will have a graduation photo(s) and degree(s) in their inventory.
Show progress on skills like ice skating
Kids & Teens should learn basic skills while at school
Toddlers should learn skills at daycare and be able to choose an away action for toddlers like you can with other Sims.
Be able to store all harvestable items in the fridge and insect flour & nuggets
Let kids drink fizzy juice
Bring back true nectar making back
More worlds with different cultures and traditions
When traveling to Batuu time doesn’t move forward for the rest of the world. Batuu time would be Weeks but no season.
Be able to go to the hospital when you are sick, to get your kids their vaccines and wellness checks and get ultrasounds.
Dentistry Career with braces, have checkups and cleanings and fillings if your Sims don’t take care of their teeth.
Baby Showers, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, Funerals
Graveyards
Let your sim save themselves by giving the grim reaper a death flower if they have one in their pocket
Store upgrade parts in the robotics station.
I could go on and on but I would like to hear your ideas.
Let us be able to do any past challenges like the grow fruit or the kindness challenge when you want.

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    More work at home jobs, ability to own more types of venues, more occults, more NAPs, skills that require/enhances other skills (like artwork and writing when making comics in Sims 3 University, 4 doesn't have that), a regular telescope you can use at home, UFO cars, jails and robbers, and occult hybrids
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    My plan to "fix" the base game:

All service NPC jobs become an option for played sims' career - bartender, director, maid, mailman, etc - they then show up in that role when the lot is visited by other sims and could even get paid for visiting the lot and doing those actions like an active career!

Ability to set starting funds and career level for each sim in CAS.

Ability to "approve" of and build relationship or "disapprove" of and lesson relationship with other sims based on their performing actions that the sim does or does not like - would require adding to likes and dislikes system but would add depth by creating potential for uneven relationships.

Sims build or lesson relationship with other sims after ingesting, reading, viewing, listening to, poorly or well crafted food, art, music, books, etc. which would create another chance to build uneven relationships.

Relationships provide monetary and other incentives by having friendship bar increase likelihood that sim will send card with money, send food, rare items, other small gifts, etc.

Sims leave assets to sims left behind in their will proportional to their relationship towards that sim.

Flowers lesson in resale value so offer more challenge.

Ability to restrict walk-by and visitor sims to "in-world sims only" through lot trait.

Ability to "forget" sims in the relationship panel.

Ability to "leave out" sims during group conversations.

Make destination worlds livable.

Make all finances individual with option to combine resources to purchase home.

Ability to rent all lots.

Ability to own residential lots and charge rent.

Ability to own commercial lots and charge usage.

Add curator NPC to museums who gives tours which increases skills.

Make lot traits that increase skill builds only applicable to commercial lots.

Make inventories individual so sims who move out can bring their own furniture/heirlooms.

Decorative items gain value over time so there is more incentive to purchase and hold on to decorations and family heirlooms.

Add more events and aspirations so no part of the game is left untouched by the aspiration system.

Update whims to include all DLC.

Sims can be given up for adoption and adopted by other families.

Ability to make sim leave lot or change outfit even if they are unknown to the sim.

Inability to drag and drop plates or rubbish.

Editable personal bio for each sim that is shared after interaction: deep conversation, created in CAS, updated in manage worlds, and accessed via the notebook during live mode.
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Oh, and make travel cost money. Maybe $50 to another neighborhood, $500 to another world, depending on where you are starting.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My big one right now: Make it so aspirations actually track when they're not actively being worked on. The tooltip says this happens, and it does in some cases (Fabulously Wealthy knows how much money a sim's made, for example, and reaching a certain skill level is of course checked correctly since it would completely break aspirations if it weren't), but in others you have to have it active in order for it to count.

For example, "read 3 books" for the Renaissance Sim/Nerd Brain aspiration first level or "reach level 5 Tech Guru" for Computer Whiz; if you reach level 5 TG while working on something else but then quit the job, the game will credit you for having reached "Level 3 in 3 careers" for Renaissance Sim—so it knows, obviously—but won't credit you unless you're actually in that career while working on Computer Whiz. And if you don't read the book with the RS/NB aspirations active, it doesn't count.

This needs an overhaul because it can be restrictive (and annoying to change aspirations to suit what a sim's doing in order to get points for it.)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    My big one right now: Make it so aspirations actually track when they're not actively being worked on. The tooltip says this happens, and it does in some cases (Fabulously Wealthy knows how much money a sim's made, for example, and reaching a certain skill level is of course checked correctly since it would completely break aspirations if it weren't), but in others you have to have it active in order for it to count.

For example, "read 3 books" for the Renaissance Sim/Nerd Brain aspiration first level or "reach level 5 Tech Guru" for Computer Whiz; if you reach level 5 TG while working on something else but then quit the job, the game will credit you for having reached "Level 3 in 3 careers" for Renaissance Sim—so it knows, obviously—but won't credit you unless you're actually in that career while working on Computer Whiz. And if you don't read the book with the RS/NB aspirations active, it doesn't count.

This needs an overhaul because it can be restrictive (and annoying to change aspirations to suit what a sim's doing in order to get points for it.)

Agreed there! I have had Grand Master Vampires who already read everything on the internet, read the first book and the last book, and yet these things were not accounted for.
  • Lyssa136Lyssa136 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be nice if we could bring back the option to place a lot where ever you want to like we could in sims 3. Also, how about being able to have horses and pigs and sheep on a farm with a bigger barn that you can actually go into to view your animals!! More interactive play with babies and toddlers! Like how about having playpens and preschool to help them learn faster! You get the option to enroll your child in preschool! And bring back CARS!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited August 2021
    Improvement or total revamp ?

There are so many things that could be better, it's almost the job of The Sims 5.
    Decide on what sort of sim your characters want for love interests.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Community lot overhaul seeing as they refuse to give us large worlds that can fit the many lot types we have allow lots to have multiple lot types be it a bar library gym or restaurant playable on the same lot with the option to select room/rooms for the specific lot type.

Update on whims seriously one feature that was actually decent base game disabled and never updated again for newer content even if you use it making them pointless.

Map editor

Ocean swimming on older worlds

Babies

Travel enough of the poofing add cars and other forms of public transportation busses for city living train station for Snowy Escape and so on

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    - Terrain
    Option to lock camera on floor level instead of bouncing on terrain.
    ADD Lots with mixed terrain instead of just flat.
    Option to raise basement level out of ground so we can add windows and maybe doors for walkout basements. Windows could allow teens to sneak out..

- Children and Teens and University
    Mix up child and teens school days, even university. By the time you do all the homework, projects, assignments there isn't much day left. Genius sims should be able to get through homework a lot faster, ADD a lucky trait and sims with that trait can get away without doing homework. (Lucky adult sims could have a higher chance to win lottery - I have never won)
    Perhaps one of the parents is a gardener and has a perfect apple, this could be used to bribe teacher for a week or few days to get out of homework. Lazy sims could cheat or buy homework online or from a friend.
    I've taken tips from other simmers and added a holiday for the summer to allow my children or teens to have a summer vacation. It would be nice if this was built into the game and then during summer vacation they could go to a camp or summer school.

> @TeeSea said:
    > Kids & Teens should learn basic skills while at school
    > Toddlers should learn skills at daycare and be able to choose an away action for toddlers like you can with other Sims.

I really love the idea or children and teens learning basic skills while at school. I wish that depending on their traits it would allow different away actions that could help build different skills.

- Traits
    I am really hoping that traits can be overhauled to have more depth. Maybe it's just me but I assign these traits and I find during gameplay while I let my sims have free reign they are boring. They drink a lot of water, snack a lot, play computer games and listen to music.
    I want my evil sims to be actively evil and break things, kick doors, scream into pillows, blame others, try to get co-workers fired, teach kids bad habits..
    I want good sims to have neighbors come by and ask for help, do chores for sims that go on vacation, babysit other kids for a night (add inflatable mattresses that can be stored when not in use).
    I want lazy sims to be able to sleep on couch, use socks to clean up puddle, make excuses for everything, store their laundry on the couch or bed (if they are single with a double bed and build the pile of laundry big enough they could gain a sense of cuddling after sleeping), eat on bed and put plate under it (they can't smell it but special guests sure will), if they hired a housekeeper it would be a lot more expensive.
    I want hot headed sims to be able to ground their children for no reason, to phone teachers angry and demand a better mark (their children could gain a sentiment for a defensive parent), ask for manager at restaurant (be a Karen lol) to get free meal.
    I want jealous sims to be able to check other sims emails, pickpocket phone to check phone, try to make their partner jealous. I could go on and on.. I really would like more actions that are dependent on traits.

What could be fun is evolving traits dependent on their reputation. If your reputation is atrocious all your traits have stronger evil options, whereas if your reputation is pristine all you traits would have stronger good options. Regardless of trait. For example an atrocious jealous sim should be able to gossip about the person their are jealous with and create such bad rumors that they get fired, divorced. They could demand their spouse not look at other sims, or visit their work for a unexpected lunch. A pristine but jealous sim can talk themselves down in the mirror, do yoga/meditate to keep emotions in check. Have desire to get in shape. Maybe once a certain point is reached the trait becomes dormant unless acted on.
    Another example, the art lover trait. An atrocious art lover could counterfeit art and make money. A pristine art lover could see beauty in all things and sell as art.
    Another example, the erratic trait. An atrocious erratic sim could chase kids down the street, talk self into a fight or flirty mood. A pristine erratic sim could go to neighbors house and offer help, sing to self and birds, carry on conversations with babies and understand them. (maybe the babies can give them errands lol)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Great ideas everyone. I may not want what everyone wants but if they implemented things with toggles I would be happy.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Everything in my sig.
    Memories, wants/fears, attraction system
    Change costar for acting career in romance scenes
    Make your own neighborhood
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    I want to be able to set more relationships in CAS. Not everything in the world but atleast like grandma, partner, and cousin.
  • Freedom66Freedom66 Posts: 3 New Member
    I will like to see longer hair in Sims 4 waist length similar to Sims 3. In additional, I will like to see return of parking lots for houses, which can house from inexpensive to luxury private cars. I will like to see an open world, which I hope can be an official update. Furthermore, the food delivery system needs to improve to have Chinese food delivery. I will like to see a return of direct control pets that are cats and dogs. I will like to see the return of horses and unicorns as well. I will like to see strollers make a return. I will like to see return of customization. I think having the return of a wide range of lot types is better. I will to see the return of a wider range of community lots and places for sims to go. I will to see a return of wants and fears, not whims. I will to see the return of burglars, hobbies in the form of a new hobby system.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2021
    CAS:
    Remove all clothing option (very useful for full makeovers). Save makeup on all outfits. Layered clothing (combine shirts with jackets for example). Save styled outfits. Disable for random option. Height adjustment. Backpacks. More modern accessories (smartwatches, earpods). More beards.

World:
    Own lots. NPC role manager. Improved and reduced townie generation. Townie outfit manager. Optional story progression. More options where we can disable certain features from packs.

Live mode:
    Larger aspirations. Life goals. Work overtime. Ability to do more activities together. Cuddling in bed.

Added content:
    Cars. High Schools.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    More content for male Sims and gardening fixed. Those are my only wishes right now.
    edited August 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    More content for male Sims and gardening fixed. Those are my only wishes right now.

I totally agree 👍🏻

@logion
    I miss the cuddles when coupled up Sims sleep.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    1. Being able to add our own styled looks and also download them from the gallary.
    2. An option for all Townies to be dressed from the pool of styled looks.
    3. An option for more perminant sentiments, in that they don't shift unless a significant effort is made, rather than just time decaing them.
    4. Chemistry system.
    5. More group activites.
    6. More personality to sims. Some improvements have been made here recently, but more is needed.
    7. Community lots changed to being traits rather than seperate lot types, so you can have more flexible community lots.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Oh, and make travel cost money. Maybe $50 to another neighborhood, $500 to another world, depending on where you are starting.

I like that idea of a cost to travel to different worlds. Adding a cost for neighbourhoods I'm not so keen on. Of course if it was an option, you could keep everyone happy.
  • caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    Loving the ideas. For me, I would love it if townies would not join conversations randomly. Oh and more CAS relationships & more items for males.
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
    caconions wrote: »
    Loving the ideas. For me, I would love it if townies would not join conversations randomly. Oh and more CAS relationships & more items for males.

OMG the townies joining conversations is so annoying!
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    All i would like to see are spiral staircases,
    Please EA/Maxis, been waiting so long :(
    Patrice wrote: »
    All i would like to see are spiral staircases,
    Please EA/Maxis, been waiting so long :(

I miss those from the Sims 3. Also Elevators that work in homes and be able to use more than one on a lot.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited August 2021
    • Things like decor buffs shouldn't overpower stronger emotions. And emotions truly needs improvement.
    • More trait updates. Love that they updated the traits previously, and we need more.
    • Windows to be interactive, like Sims can stare outside the window to think or, as someone else said, Sims can open the window to let fresh air in or something
    • Likes and Dislikes improvement. Like, lazy Sims cannot like fitness, or something I dunno.
    • Strengths and weaknesses. Not everyone should be good at everything.
    • Dine Out
    • babies

These are just 7 of like the hundreds of things they need to improve, aside from bugs of course
    A way to turn off a vampire's ability to be fine always. Not very useful for a vamp that's trying to switch moods to level up an asperation.