Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like a More Powerful CAS?

Sul Sul!

I've been thinking that it might be nice to have more robust options in CAS. Would you be interested in the following additions:

Ability to set starting funds from 0-1M
Ability to assign career and level
Ability to assign npc roles like homeless, weirdo, entertainer, etc
Ability to assign npc jobs like a world's pizza delivery, nanny, maid, repairperson etc.
Ability to assign specific number of relationship points towards other sims in household
Ability to assign other familial relationship like cousin, aunt, grandparent, etc to sims in household
Ability to assign specific number of skill points for each sim
Ability to write individual bio for each sim
Ability to write bio for household from within CAS

I think this would allow us to tell much more interesting stories without having to cheat or make it up. What else can you think of? Would you like this?

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes, please.
    I create a lot of townies for my saves and the gallery, and I usually cheat them some skills, jobs, funds and sometimes npc roles. So I would like to see these options in CAS, it would be way easier.
    Oh, and yes, I want more relationships and an ability to save sims with relationship points. Now you can't even save spouses who hate each other to your library, their relationship will be default next time you use them.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I would like more robust CAS tools. but more in the line of height sliders, broader relationship types or easier family tree arrangements. I expect we'll see things of this sort, as we already have the questionnaire story mode for selecting starting traits and a broader palette of skin tones, improved hairstyles, etc.

I am content to cheat starting funds, etc. and don't so much want to see duplicate capability from what I can swing in game, with existing tools.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Sul Sul!

I've been thinking that it might be nice to have more robust options in CAS. Would you be interested in the following additions:

Ability to set starting funds from 0-1M
    Ability to assign career and level
    Ability to assign npc jobs like a world's pizza delivery, nanny, maid, repairperson etc.
    Ability to assign specific number of relationship points towards other sims in household
    Ability to assign other familial relationship like cousin, aunt, grandparent, etc to sims in household
    Ability to assign specific number of skill points for each sim
    Ability to write bio for household from within CAS

I think this would allow us to tell much more interesting stories without having to cheat or make it up. What else can you think of? Would you like this?

Yes, I would love those things. I would add:

Ability to make pregnant sims in CAS
    Ability to make babies in CAS
    Ability to assign boyfriend/girlfriend and engaged couples in CAS
    Ability to set Initial romance/friendship status in CAS
  • Options
    AZ25BLUEAZ25BLUE Posts: 3 New Member
    > Ability to assign boyfriend/girlfriend and engaged couples in CAS
    > Ability to set Initial romance/friendship status in CAS

THIS! Maybe also add divorced or broken up as relationship options. I would also like to be able to set at least one initial sentiment between Sims in CAS: a strained or adoring relationship between spouse's, partners or parent and child, etc.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I agree with these, especially with getting the ability to assign NPC roles and jobs, as well as more relationship options for extended families.

One thing I've always wanted, but not sure if it's possible, is to be able to set limits on skills or assign one or two weaknesses. If these can be influenced by traits, even better, but if not, then perhaps it's something that can be added in CAS instead. For me, it will add to their personalities and uniqueness, if say, one is just a terrible cook or can never carry a tune. I tend to play the same sims for quite a long time, and they all max out their skills before long. Vampires have weaknesses, why not normal sims.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I like what you suggest, but I would add the ability to assign skill levels, I sometimes create entire families and it's inconceivable that a set of parents with let's say Teen(s), Child(ren) and even Toddler(s) kids wouldn't even have so much as a basic skill set. This is not to necessarily top out their skills, but at least allow for them to have the basics, if you will. Currently, I use MCCC to set skills. I just discovered a more recent upgrade to this mod that allows for a randomized set of skills. This could be employed in CAS, even if we should limit, cap out let's say, the highest level of skill for any or all skills.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Of your list, I would probably only use the additional relationships setting.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I like it!

And Oh, I just randomly thought of another one: a body hair menu. Didn't think of that before. It'd be nice though.

Also...Occults...Why can I not change a non-occult sim to an occult sim similar to the way it is possible in Sims 3?! Without cheats.
    It bugs me to no end....
    Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I like it!

And Oh, I just randomly thought of another one: a body hair menu. Didn't think of that before. It'd be nice though.

Also...Occults...Why can I not change a non-occult sim to an occult sim similar to the way it is possible in Sims 3?! Without cheats.
    It bugs me to no end....
    Or am I missing something?

Both of these would be awesome. And if we could change non-occult sims to occult, I would expect the reverse to be possible as well (for editing and changing pre-mades or our own occult sims).
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Ability to create lore or backstories in CAS
  • Options
    caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    Loving all the suggestions. Personally, I'd like more relationship types (engaged, bf/gf).
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I only care about personality improvements. Everything else im pretty satisfied
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    bluedanube wrote: »
    The programming shouldn't be much of a problem. Just tweak the source code to include input values and drop down options to the CAS UI.
    One thing I've always wanted, but not sure if it's possible, is to be able to set limits on skills or assign one or two weaknesses. If these can be influenced by traits, even better, but if not, then perhaps it's something that can be added in CAS instead. For me, it will add to their personalities and uniqueness, if say, one is just a terrible cook or can never carry a tune. I tend to play the same sims for quite a long time, and they all max out their skills before long. Vampires have weaknesses, why not normal sims.

I suppose the easiest way to add this into the game is going by the route of assigning default values according to the particular Sim's likes or dislikes. So for example, if a Sim has been declared as 'dislike cooking', the maximum value for the homestyle cooking skill will be capped at 2-3. And this criteria will persist until the simmer decides to drop 'cooking' as a dislike.

I actually like your idea that the values could still be changed according to like or dislike, rather than CAS. This way, it can still be changed through gameplay rather than using cheats.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    All of that, plus:
    • Custom Styles for outfits.
    • More placement options for tattoos.
    • "Copy to all outfits" for makeup.
    • Alternative form options for aliens and mer (like with vampires).

To be fair, just making it so we can choose the outcome of the Story Mode would encompass a few of your suggestions.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Not really. I don't care about preparing things too much, I just want to play.
    The only one I'd like to have is to assign additional family relationships. I don't mind having options to do more for other players who need them, but it would have to be completely optional. I don't want to spend any more time in CAS.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have no doubt that CAS will continue to evolve in the future. I would love an option to give newly created sims a few starting skill points, the number of which depending on the age of the individual sim. When I create a big three-generation family from scratch, it's so incredibly unrealistic for the elders to not have any more life experience than their teenage grandchildren.

This is something that bothers me about premades as well, who do usually come with skills, but way too few. Looking at you, Blossom Greenburg, you're 1,000 years old and the only meaningful thing you ever did in your life was to raise one child and a couple of plants? Really??

Individual biographies, NPC roles and jobs would also be really cool.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I like your ideas a lot, especially the option for us to choose npc roles. The world would be so much more interesting if we could choose which sims to be gym instructors, bartenders etc.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think it would be nice, but it's probably not anything I would ever want to use. We can do most of these things already with cheats or mods. My preference is for the devs to improve the game by adding things that we can't do at all.
  • Options
    Kenny_vanCullenKenny_vanCullen Posts: 23 Member
    Assigning NPCs is actually an amazing idea!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I think it would be nice, but it's probably not anything I would ever want to use. We can do most of these things already with cheats or mods. My preference is for the devs to improve the game by adding things that we can't do at all.

I'd like a way to do this without cheats or mods.

I've been playing since sims 1, sims 2 when I could create my own world map and build everything myself started me on this play style where I set up my town with lore and history. So my first gen characters get houses and jobs, money or not, own businesses, degrees or not, etc. In TS2 setting up all my characters before playing took around 3 months. TS3 it took over a year to set up. TS4, I've been playing this game since day 1 and my characters are still not done.

I'd really like a way to speed up this process.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    A few skill points from the start would be nice if you're just creating a Sim to play as, to give them some background.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Yes, that sounds great. I'm particularly drawn to careers, roles, and relationships. For example, I made a family with a storyline in which the son has a negative relationship with his dad and they eventually reconcile. I'd like to be able to have it start out negative instead of have to make them yell at each other for a while or something.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Sul Sul!

With MCC and cheat codes you can do all that, however not individual bio's. That would be cool. :)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2021
    I agree, the option should be there.
    Without mods, you can after pressing Ctrl-Shift-C
    To get the console, then type testingcheats on

For a skill, lets say handiness, Stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 6
    Most are between 1 and 10, some are between 1 and 5.
    Check out:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png