Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, August 19th

Comments

• RmafRmaf Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, The sims team 😇 back again, plus comment With still my bad English.
    Simmer need more random event to impress! especially in romance 💖
    for example, love at first sight💘
    And failing to confess sims unrequited love.
    and those feelings not temporary, want to stay in sims memory.
    Thank you if you didn't skip this comment, I am glad that I had the opportunity to share. 👍
  • zack_attack111zack_attack111 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello sims team

i and many others have this one problem with the game right now for the full sims 4 experience costs 884.56$, and i wish if you plan on releasing more major content i suggest a price drop for past packs for example past dlcs that are 40$ slash to 20$ pleas consider.

-zack
  • AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    A cool feature would be have shortcuts to travel to lots you previously saved. My sim usually goes to the same gym, the same park, the same bar... And I need to keep entering the phone, clicking travel, entering the world menu to then choose where I want to go.
  • xcarolmansonxxcarolmansonx Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul <3

Here are my suggestions:

- [b]Improvement in CAREER system[/b] (it's TOO easy to make money and to get promoted. Entry-level careers shouldn't pay so much). All careers should have an option to "work from home" with more tasks to complete (that would be more challenging than just waiting for our Sims to come back from work).

-[b] Improvement in the CRIMINAL CAREER[/b] (It'd be nice if our Sims could get arrest (and stay unplayable for some sims hours or days, as it happens with abduction), lose money, working progress, etc).

- [b]Improvement in the EMOTIONAL STATE system[/b]. The system itself is completely BROKEN, our sims are always happy and they have multiples feelings at the same time (it should be one at a time and more difficult to be happy)

- [b]Improvement in the PERSONALITY system[/b] (our Sims are TOO perfect, we need more "imperfect traits", like Coward, Hydrophobic, general phobias, etc)

- [b]Improvement in RELATIONSHIP and FRIENDSHIP [/b](an attraction system where Sims could be compatibles or not).

For Base Game, those are my thoughts :smile:
    Thank you for hearing us!! Love you guys <3
    Dag Dag <3
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'll be short and sweet-pretty much what everyone here has said, I want in Sims 4-there ya go, no need to elaborate! Happy reading SimGuru's! :)
  • PatrickClasterPatrickClaster Posts: 25 Member
    I'm really missing LGBTQ+ related gameplay that could possibly add new depth to gameplay and challenges.

1. Attraction - It is important to add both romantic and sexual attraction. It would add new possibilities for relationships and gameplay. We wouldn't be able to flirt with just anyone we want but with sims who are attracted by specific gender.
    2. More gender identities
    3. Finding out own sexuality and gender identity
    4. Transition feature in game, all types
    5. Foster care system
    6. Polyamorous relationships
    7. Surrogacy
  • PipMenacePipMenace Posts: 2 New Member
    So I think the key is the request for *depth* and challenge - not just difficulty. I don't have any one specific thing to suggest, but more of an approach to ask for? I think depth & challenge could/should be added by making more steps or levels in aspirations and skills, and also unlocking more abilities or rewards along the way. And making those abilities/rewards tell a story. So not making it easier to fail, but instead adding more to the journey before you completely master/win something.

For example - if I wanted to add depth and challenge to the base game painting skill, I wouldn't do it by just making it take longer to reach each skill level. Instead, I might make it 15 or 20 levels, and add more impactful unlocks every few levels. These unlocks could be something like... when you first start painting, you can only "convince friend to buy painting" as a friendly/charisma interaction. Then you can unlock an event "land art show at local coffee shop" - it would be great if this were a playable event, but even if it's a rabbit hole where you can designate which paintings you take with you from whatever you can gather in your inventory by a certain deadline, with each painting having a percentage chance of selling... then after that you can "sell to collector"... then after that you can "host art show" whenever you choose... Or maybe somewhere along the way you unlock a non-freelance graphic designer career or some other art related career. Maybe if you have x number of pop art masterpieces by x level, the Simney company will invite you to join their animation team.

That would actually be pretty cool, if there were careers that were locked until you reached a certain skill level and/or networked with the right people, rather than everything always having entry level positions available. And while we're talking about jobs... it's so easy to get rich fast, and there's so little to spend that money on. Another place more steps could be added is really careers - you get promoted so easily. What if some of those "promotions" were just a performance bonus (of a few hundred simoleons, not thousands, with no or minimal pay increase) and there were more steps before you're suddenly master chef or whatever? Or maybe you could "earn" a vacation - not just vacation days, but a voucher for a rental to actually take your family on vacation. But it would only be good for a one-time rental - you couldn't sell it and add to your money stash instead.

Also, aspirations. Aspirations are basically just pack walkthroughs, but they could be so much more! What I really want to see are more childhood aspirations, that are more like ways of growing up that make the "reward" trait make sense as the resulting personality. Maybe even ones that span age levels? For example, Cottage Living could have had a "born farmer" aspiration. And if the kid befriends x number of animals, does regular farm chores, maybe wins a ribbon at a fair, reaches a certain level of logic skill (animal care really should have been a separate skill)... then when they become a teenager, they've unlocked the teenager level of the "born farmer" aspiration and if they continue in it, and raise a chicken from a chick to adult, sell the eggs, trade away the chicken, continue to do regular farm chores, level up handiness to a certain level and successfully pick a large oversized crop all before young adulthood they unlock the "born farmer" trait, which has both positive and negative effects: they get a stress moodlet if away from their home plot too long (worried about farm) but need less sleep and never get the "nature's revenge" moodlet. And if there had been an animal care skill, they learn it faster; they learn gardening faster. They get unique friendly interactions like "Complain about the weather" regardless of what the current weather actual is and "compare crop growth" when talking to another born farmer. They get a unique "jury rig" interaction on broken items that fixes them faster but with increased chance they'll break again. Maybe even a "jury rig upgrade" that requires fewer upgrade parts but has a certain percent chance of some sort of hilarious random failure. And they actually run outside rather than in during thunderstorms - to check on their crops/animals - but are not immune to lightning, so that's actually increased risk. And they also get tense if there's no plants growing on their home lot ("missing country life" or something), but the plants they do grow will increase in quality faster.

Basically, bottom line is I don't want "challenge" to mean increased chance of failure. I don't want it more likely to have your kid taken away, or your pet run away, or to fail out of school or be fired. Nor do I want "challenge" to be just more grinding - increasing a task from "catch 5 fish" to "catch 10 fish." Instead, I want there to be more intermediary steps and more interesting/game affecting unlocks along the way, that logically follow from the steps you take to earn them.
  • AZ25BLUEAZ25BLUE Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank for giving us this opportunity to give feedback. I've been playing the Sims for over 20 years and I love it just as much as when I first started playing! Here are some things I think could enhance simmers' experience with the current game:

1. Social- Now that the calendar is in base game, new holidays/events/festivals should be added with new sentiments based on whether or not Sims participate. This can include the ability for kids to take winter/summer vacations; holidays/festivals around base game lots/features - fishing competition/BBQ in the park days; events involving bars, museums, national parks and other lot types that simmers tend to ignore as time goes on. Also new event types such as retirement/housewarming/graduation/engagement parties with positive/negative sentiments toward family members based on these events. Whims and sentiments should also tie in to each Sim's traits and likes/dislikes; Improve weddings - add themes, ability to have guests sit down and watch ceremony/cake cutting. Weddings don't currently feel meaningful when invited guests/NPCs don't pay attention to the ceremony. Also add the ability for sims to take a honeymoon with positive or negative sentiments based on whether or not it happens.

2. Story progression- I love other sims calling to ask my active sim for life advice which affects their story going fwd but it doesn't happen nearly enough! For instance when another of my played sims called my active household and asked if he and his wife should have another baby, I said yes and the next time I saw that sim he was pregnant (although the wife *should've* been the one to get pregnant 🤦🏾‍♀️, but hey it's the Sims lol). But I loved that it was even an option! But this should happen WAY more often. This should be increased and expanded to NPCs as well; Update/add aspirations to match careers/activities added to the game over time; Chance cards should be limited to once in a sim's lifetime. For instance, sims shouldn't get the "secret inheritance" chance card multiple times. Yes the player can simply decline it, but repetitive chance cards ruin the immersion.

3. Personalities- Expand story mode in CAS, it's a fun feature! Add a starting sentiment between household members; add additional relationship types such as boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancee; Add attractions/turnoffs based on physical characteristics, traits and like/dislikes; Update traits and switch some traits to the new likes/dislikes feature (which is great!). Things such as vegetarian, hates children, etc. would make more sense as a like/dislike while something like lactose intolerance or family oriented make sense as traits. Maybe even do a community vote to see which traits the community would like to have changed to likes/dislikes!

4. Wants/Fears- Continue to add new whims based on new content and activities that have been added over the years. Update whims to match sims' situation, personality and likes/dislikes. For instance, sims who live in an apartment or don't like gardening should not get whims for bee boxes just because it's spring time. Fears should have longer lasting impact on sim's personalities.

5. Money- Similar to other simmers I would like an overhaul to the financial system: Global economy where prices for goods/services fluctuate weekly; Not all jobs are immediately available - sims have to earn at least 2-3 skill points in certain areas to get certain jobs. In the meantime they would have to get a part time job or scavenge to make money; add a sales table base game for sims to sell collectibles; have sims able to take out loans for lots they can't afford now that we have the repo man back. If they don't make mortgage loan payments they get items repo'd (this should be in addition to the current utilities system which has received great updates).

That's it for now. Thanks again!
  • ConsoleGameHERConsoleGameHER Posts: 1 New Member
    Dear Sims Team,
    You ask to know what a higher level of challenge and depth in the Base Game would look like for me, well here you go:

Q: What would you expect from it?
    A: NPC STORY PROGRESSION
    A: The Ability to get pregnant from just
    woohoo.
    A: Proper categorizing of traits

Q: How would this change your current
    experience of The Sims 4?
    A: See answer below.

Q: What specific aspects of the game would
    you like to see more depth?
    A: As a console player I’d love to see more
    depth with the following:

STORY PROGRESSION for NPC’s I don’t like when I’m so immersed in my family and “come up for air” so to speak, that 5 generations laters there are no Goths, Landgraabs, Ward, Bailey-Moons, Pancakes…. and the list goes on. I’d prefer NOT having to manually grow their family tree. I would greatly enjoy, to shockingly find out that Eliza has had a baby by Mortimer. I believe this would add so much more needed depth to our gameplay. Not having these iconic families die out, gives players the ability to grow family ties and family trees naturally without having to be hands on.

PREGNANCY FROM JUST WOOHOO,
    I wholeheartedly appreciate that you can try for baby and NOT be successful, however the other end of that spectrum deserves to be shown as well. To woohoo and to find that you’re unexpectedly pregnant will definitely enhance gameplay.

PROPER CATEGORIZING OF TRAITS:
    Vegetarian, lactose intolerant, shouldn’t be traits, they should be customized options like walk style. We have so few slots to customize our sims, that, other things will hold more weight than those selections, by making them character customization options, you allow me to really “play with life”, I would be able to be my family oriented, geeky, loner, while still being lactose intolerant. Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
    ConsoleGameHER
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2021
    More depth and consequences.
    *memories - my sims should remember big events and who they happened with.
    *robbers - why after so.many year is this still missing?
    *romantic system - turn on and offs to give our sims more depth and who they look for in a partner
    *better babies - not confined to a basinet and we should be able to create them in CAS. Better yet lets make pregnant sims in CAS too.
    *wants and fears - I want my sims to want things in life that regard to their personality. They should also have fears pertaining to their personality.
    *Traits - more traits to choose from and more than three per sim.
    *Aspirations- I like the aspirations in the sims 2 and 3 where you would work on it through out your life and it made sense. Sims 4 aspirations feel like tutorials.
    *relationships - We need step parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Besides adding more relationship types we need two sided relationships just because sim A likes sim B doesn't mean Sim B feels the same way about Sim A.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Sometimes, negative emotions - even though they appear in the queue - are not actually experienced by the sim, because the positive ones have stacked up to over-ride them. Example below (pic taken before fear was introduced). A shark swims by, the sim gets a tense buff, but doesn't react because happy ones are stronger.

Solution: Increase the power of some of these instances to AN EXTREME amount, so that there is little chance of happiness getting in the way:

vOQtUjl.jpg

Both duration and intensity needs to be re-examined in many circumstances, so that sims can experience a variety of:
    • Short, sharp fears/anxiety
    • Long, dull fears/anxiety.

So, in the example of the shark, it swims by, there is IMMEDIATE danger felt, but it is short lived, as safety returns soon after. So an intensity level of 40+ but a short duration of just 1 hour.

Usually, a 1+ tense, scared, uncomfortable, embarrassed moodlet will not be high enough to make an impact on a played sim. In most cases, they'll need to be increased to at least a 12+ to actually be felt by the sim (and thus the player).

Play around with both the numbers (intensity), and the hours (duration), for more meaningful impact.
  • TenseijkenTenseijken Posts: 1 New Member
    I'll try to keep it short for you since there is a lot to read already.

1. Relationships are too shallow - you can flirt with anyone, no matter if married or not. You can easily marry anyone in a short amount of time. No real consequences, no break-ups etc. Also, the "not flirty" trait doesn't do much. Non-flirty Sims still get in a flirty mood pretty easily and flirt with others. Couples don't behave like couples. They don't dance together or buy eachother a drink, they don't randomly sit somewhere and cuddle or kiss. If i invite a couple to somewhere, they mostly act like they don't know eachother. Also - more relationship settings in CAS - boyfriend/girlfriend etc.

2. Jobs & Skills are too easy to get - my Sim can max out any Job or Skill, no matter their likes/dislikes, traits & moods. Skills should decrease over time if not used. Sims who are unhappy or do not fit into a certain job/skill should be bad at certain job/skill and make less money.

3. Money - too easy to get and not enough to spend on. Going up your Job ranks is too easy. Build & buy objects are too cheap. It does not take long until you have more money than you ever need unless you constantly move to new houses.

4. Traits & moods are too shallow - they should directly affect Sims's interaction with other Sims more. Your Sim is in an angry mood? Well too bad, now your invited friend will leave because he got annoyed, and you also won't get that free day from your boss who you just called. Your Sim has a sad mood? Surprise, your friend decided to cheer you up & take you to a nice place. Etc. and so on..

5. Overly attached Sims - Immersion breaking. Please, PLEASE, stop showing me the same Sims over and over again. Example - i make friends with Bella Goth. I go to the Gym, who is there? Bella Goth! I decided to take a small visit to the park... who is jogging there? Bella Goth! Fine, let's go take a nice break at the Sulani Beach.... who is at the beach? BELLA GOTH!!!! I dislike this so, SO much. This happens with multiple Sims once you befriend them. Speaking of Sulani, of course i have Sulani people show up everywhere once i visited the world a single time..... in their beach outfits.... and barefeet...

6. Choose a time when to invite someone - If you invite or being invited by a Sim, let me choose between "right now" or "set a specific time/day".

7. NPC story progression - there are hundreds of people who already talked about this.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think you could add depth by let us control our sim environment and world. Have you guru's heard of Nature vs. Nurture. Nature knows its Aunts and Uncles, cousins , stepsiblings, and Stepparents. The sims don't know or recognize their family members or Family tree correctly. The sims by nature should have trait or behavior traits passed down to them (like the spellcasters) or through inaction. Because every sim should have seen their Aunt, uncle, cousin, stepsibling or stepparent walking around. It would be nice to see sim families group when their out around town or city.

A. Adding more depth through the Memory system: Attach Sentiments to their memories. Add more to sentiment like favorite foods. For example : I love Auntie's blueberry Pie from my Childhood . Sim +food +sentiments +Memory =Moodlet +emotion. So this sim can talk to his sister and they can remember to pie that was made by the Auntie. It doesn't have to be to pie they cooked together from being clicked on the counter to make. The memory system needs to be enhanced.So that the consequences would follow the same pattern. Witch ever the consequence is good or bad that it would better for game play.

Post edited by motdk on
  • ChatonInGameChatonInGame Posts: 1 New Member
    [i]Sul Sul Sims Team[/i] and thank you for opening this discussion about depth and challenge in The Sims 4!

Let's begin:
    The main problem with The Sims 4 is the fact that it's too easy and predictable. There are already soooo many good ideas about adding challenges to the game that I don't really want to repeat what has already been said but what I didn't see yet is the suggestion for a level of difficulty. I think it would allow new players to enjoy the game when trying to understand how it works and experienced players, who already know the core of the game, to have more fun playing in live mode.
    The difficulty could revolve around:
    - [b]Having a job: [/b]it's super easy to have a job like grab you're phone and you're in. I'd love that you must already have some skills or friends in the business to be hired. And what about a job interview? Even if it's a rabbit hole it could be questions we could answer like the choices we can make for small events during school/work.
    - [b]Earning money: [/b]the salaries could be lower, paintings, plants, fruits, vegetables,... could be sold for less. I've been playing the sims since its release in 2000 and I still play the first game nowadays and for example, with a painting your sim made, you just earn a couple of simflouz and it's like... Normal. You're no one why on earth would anyone want to buy you a painting for 5000 simflouz? If you're famous or have a good reputation I can understand but now it just doesn't seem right.
    - [b]Spending money: [/b]some pieces of furniture are so cheap it doesn't make sense. When you compare to old Sims game the price range is so different and much more coherent. We could also pay for clothes, make up, haircuts,... It's easy to earn money but also too easy to keep money in TS4 in my opinion.
    - [b]Relationships: [/b]if you're in easy mode it would be like it is now: basically you can date anyone, but, if you're in a higher level of difficulty it would be more difficult with wants, fears (X doesn't want me to flirt with me,...), likes, dislikes, interests, jobs, emotions, turn ons/off, aspirations, salary, what you want your relationship to be (sexfriends, lovebirds,...) and I would love for other Sims to engage in relationships. You have to do everything! At best, the other sim can refuse your interaction but rarely do one and never starts the relationship. In a bar Sims could tend to be more flirty, in a restaurant more romantic,...
    - [b]Aspirations: [/b]now they are a way to discover an EP or to have a glance at a way of life but I'd love if aspirations could be what it used to be (in The Sims 2/3) for experienced players. Aspirations could be even better as the ones in TS2: the aspiration meter was great but you could be platinium by just realising small wants but sometimes you could be forced to do one big thing for your Sims to be platinium for a longer period of time and could never be if they didn't succeed. Again that's one example but there are so many things to do with aspirations!
    - [b]Emotions:[/b] I was so excited for my sims to have emotions when it was announced but I cannot not see that they don't really work. Emotions are too changeable so yeah you just witnessed the death of your father but you had a bubble bath, you looked at yourself in the mirror so now you're playful! I mean... It's just not right. If the player chose to play the hard way, emotions could be super hard to change especially bad emotions that occured because of a big event. You could have a moodlet for a small events like petting a llama but it would not influence your overall emotion. Emotions could also be fluctuating for some sims but lasting for others. I mean IRL it's hard to cope with emotions for some people and some people feel sad for a minute and then happy again! It would also be something you could consider when having a relationship (it could be hard to date someone with changing emotions when you're super stable for example).
    - [b]Events:[/b] unfortunate events do happen IRL but there are not even burglars in TS4 and there were so many unpredictable events in other Sims game. What would be new: there could sometimes be a series of unfortunate events and some other times nothing would happen to your sims for a long period of time! It would make these events so unpredictable and it would take us, players, outside of our comfort zone and may be we wouldn't be able to do things the way we had planned but for the better!

So that's my contribution! These are just examples but I didn't want to do a bigger message as so many amazing simmers already voiced their opinions and that's awesome!
    Thank you for listening to us and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us!
    Have a beautiful day.
    [i]Dag Dag![/i]
  • GeorgesquaresGeorgesquares Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! So, I’m glad to see that a lot of fellow players had a lit of the same ideas for difficulty that I did, but I want to put down the first things that came to my mind anyway.

1. Relationships should not be one-sided.

Most people I think agree with this. Just because your sim loves and thinks they are friends with another sim shouldn’t mean that this is true. NPC’s should have autonomy. It makes the world feel real and makes relationship building feel more difficult than just spamming positive interactions over time.

2. It’s too easy to get money and stay rich in the game once you have it.

I think the more money a sim has the more difficult it should be to manage that money aside from bills getting a little more expensive. This means that there’s opportunities for more gameplay once a sim who is money oriented has made their riches.

Maybe they have to manage stocks, or their estate? Maybe NPC autonomy from relatives could ruin that fortune. Burglars returning to the game per how much money a sim accumulates as a challenge would also make wealth gameplays feel more robust.

These are two issues that I think would really improve base game play if thought about and implemented into the game, even if you just added money management and burglary challenges as well as npc sim autonomy as an option.

Thank you for reading our comments and giving us this opportunity to speak about the game.
  • BlackStabbath11BlackStabbath11 Posts: 1 New Member
    How jobs are handled needs an overhaul! The ability to actually go to the workplace in City Living is a great start, but when your sim spends half their day in a Job, there should really be more to it than just being a rabbit hole that checks whether you played chess enough. Also, it has always bugged me that you can become the president of the world in a few weeks just because you raised a few skills high enough.

Tl;dr: The way jobs are handled is extremely antiquated (practically no different from Sims 1) and deserves more attention, and promoting should be more of a challenge.
  • bcimataylortotbcimataylortot Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks for asking for our feedback. Ik not everything will ever be fixed, but I like this direction ya’ll are headed in.

My list of stuff I’d like to see:
    -I think another lot challenge similar to the new one from Cottage Living where you have to have the food on you to eat, where the magic fridge can no longer help you, would be cool. You should be able to run out of necessities like toilet paper & have to restock it. If you break a plate in the sink, you have to replace it if you continually do it to the point you no longer have plates. Dumb, mundane adult stuff that you know you need to do & spend your money on that you don’t wanna do or spend your money on would be awesome. (P.s. why doesn’t toilet paper ever get low?)

-More deaths, a variety of death likelihoods. Some deaths should be easier than others.

-Relationships are surface level & often one sided. I shouldn’t have to do all the work. I should be able to be proposed to. Also, more ways to meet people. We have Tinder in 2021, online dating is huge & should be a thing. I just wanna be able to be ghosted & have a sad buff in the sims, too.

-More complex relationships in general. The family tree shouldn’t be so small. Extended family should go deeper. Also you shouldn’t have to introduce yourself to you aunt or cousins. Poly relationships could be an option that would be an interesting dynamic to try for gameplay. Also, it shouldn’t always just be like lovebirds, sweethearts, bf/gf, etc. as a love classification. Affairs, fwb, one night stands, baby mama/daddies classifications would also add more depth.

-More traits, trait slots & deeper traits. Real people are more complex than 3 traits. I think 5 would be ideal. The traits should actually do something. If they’re creative, they should autonomously play an instrument they’ve never picked up bc they wanna try, write, do a DIY project, actually be creative.

-Decisions should actually impact your life. There should be consequences for your actions. Cheat on your spouse? Divorced & taking the kids. Have a one night stand after having too much at the bar? Oops, you’re gonna be a parent. Child support should be payed to the household the child is apart of if the parents aren’t together. Like they aren’t even dating or married.

-Please, can kids not look just like a carbon copy of one parent every time? Sometimes in irl that does happen, but many people are a good mix of both parents.

-Shouldn’t be able to get certain jobs (like an astronaut or doctor) without a degree or multiple degrees. I can see the issue with not everyone having University, but I think that would be a nice example of cross-pack compatibility & more careers that don’t require a degree could be added. Another option could be rabbit hole certification programs or schools that take less time than university, an example would be like beauty school. All jobs also shouldn’t always be available. If you get a degree in something that isn’t growing exponentially or of it’s just a popular profession, then you might have to wait for npcs to die or make a career change.

-More likes & dislikes. What you gave us was a great start, but I think more could individualize our sims along with better & more traits.

-Attraction system. I hate deciding my sims’ sexualities & who they find attractive based on my own preferences. Not every sim is gonna be down for guys, girls, and anyone in between. Some are gonna like one, some, all or none. They should be able to strike out too bc their attraction doesn’t line up with who they’re attracted to.

-I saw a suggestion about an optional global economy from @celipoesias & THAT SOUNDS SO COOL & like a really fun way to add challenge!! I can see the gamechangers vids now 😂😂

-NPC story progression please. If I move out & my dad died when I was young, I wanna be surprised that my mom got eloped without telling me or my siblings. Stuff like that would make a HUGE impact.

-More things to differentiate teens & young adults. Teens can drink cocktails without judgement, they never graduate high school yet go to university? They don’t go to prom, there’s 2 options for them to hang out & that’s with the bowling & movie hang out packs. There’s no sneaking out the bedroom window, not a lot of after school activities, etc. I think a really cool pop up would be like a high school popularity tree/social ladder type thing? Like the mean girls are connected to the football team bc they’re dating some of them & they coincide with the cheerleaders bc some are cheerleaders. The art kids are connected with the band & theatre kids, the skaters are connected with the stoners, etc. it would also be a really good opportunity to add some Romeo/Juliet type lore where an art kid is dating the football captain in secret or something. Teens just need more for themselves. More places, more activities, more strictly teen stuff. Worrying about braces as a parenthood type pop up would be cool??

-Random stuff? The sims franchise is fun bc random, not necessarily, realistic things happen. We don’t see a lot of weird stuff anymore unless you specifically summon it.

-More & better aspirations. The aspirations are pack tutorials. Idk how to fix them, but I’m sure others have ideas.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
    Tay
  • GeorgesquaresGeorgesquares Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Georgesquares;c-17960271"]

2. It’s too easy to get money and stay rich in the game once you have it.

I think the more money a sim has the more difficult it should be to manage that money aside from bills getting a little more expensive. This means that there’s opportunities for more gameplay once a sim who is money oriented has made their riches.[/quote]

I forgot to add this but— even making objects and walls deteriorate over time and require maintenance would help here I think, and put some gameplay interactivity into build mode.
  • APurpleTurtleAPurpleTurtle Posts: 1 New Member
    First off, I want to say I have been blown away by the initial contributors to this thread, and also, I created an account solely to give feedback for this thread lol So I feel like I can only reiterate what has already been mentioned or pointed out. However, I have a suggestion that extends beyond changing or adjusting sims autonomy or AI behavior (although, I really think those changes are needed). Positive and negative incentives associated with personality traits would provide challenges to players without placing too much restriction on the current gameplay that other players might already have adjusted to.

[u]Rewarding/Punishing Players By How Well They Play Personality Traits[/u]

[b]Rewards: Players are awarded satisfaction points for having their sim perform actions related to their personality trait.[/b]
    [I]Examples:[/i]
    - An ambitious sim does work overtime or increases skill level related to their career.
    - Sims that love the outdoors increases a skill related to the outdoors (gardening, fishing, etc.)
    - A family-oriented sim calls or texts another family member
    - An art lover sim views a work of art.
    - A good sim goes volunteering.

[b]Punishments: The opposite is true for punishments. Satisfaction points are taken away if a player controls their sim to perform an action not associated with their sims' assigned personality traits.[/b]
    [I]Examples:[/i]
    - A slob does some cleaning.
    - A lazy sim works out or fixes an object.
    - A cheerful sim performs mean actions to another sim.
    - A bookworm sim doesn’t have a book in their inventor.
    - A sim that is a snob compliments another sim.

The mechanic is similar to how a DM gives inspiration points to players in DND/tabletop games. Players can do whatever they want with their sims/characters, but they’re given extra rewards for going above and beyond with how well they out their set personality traits. However, I personally enjoy gameplay that comes with challenges, so I think adding a punishment system would also make things more fun. Maybe there could be an option to turn off punishment or game modes that provide more challenges?

Other than that, I know this isn’t supposed to be a wish list post, but I would really like a way to a memory system. If there was a way for sims to archive when they met another person or married another system, that would help flesh out sim without having to change much.
    edited August 2021
    More direct control over circumstances, especially their world environment and population could open up more creativity. Suggestion: more optional control over community lots.

Example of a bar

Ht1SG84.jpg
    By default, the game will continue to function as is, but by opening the info button, the player now has the option to control who will be employed. Add an employe panel, click the 3 shiftwork buttons to employ ANY sim - both playable or non-playable, both housed, or non-housed sim - all who meet the age requirement and are currently UNEMPLOYED. Then, the game will call these sims onto the lot and give them the necessary skills via the loading screen. If it is a sim from a PLAYED household, when being played the sim will simply disappear to their rabbit hole job the same way a retail employee will.
    Why?:
    1. More Job opportunities for played sims
    2. Chance to limit population cap, so un-useful sims are not constantly spawned > Once all jobs are filled, and there are enough sims in the world for walkbys and other needed roles, the game can reduce the need to spawn more sims. Again, as an option for players.

As well as employees, other customisable options would be great:
    Dress Code - Everyday, Formal or Party and yes! PJs, and a combination of both.
    Age Clientelle - including TODDLERS.

example of customisation: , I have used a Bar to make a Drive in Movies in Strangerville for my sims, as they are coded to watch the TV. Works well. I'd love it to be a family venue, so I would code it so all age groups could attend/be spawned, including children and toddlers. I would code it so that everyday and Pyjamas/nightwear could be worn.

tH2hccj.jpg

Time for toddlers to show up at community lots, especially parks and beaches. Please make a family member accompany them.
    Post edited by Simalleyaile on
  • jjrice2233jjrice2233 Posts: 17 Member
    Look good
  • PoisionedPromisePoisionedPromise Posts: 1 New Member
    Dear Sim Team,
    I understand that you wish for us to express what we want more in the base game without making a content list for the game.
    Therefore I will treat this as a list of things that you have incorporated but not to the extent of what we want.

1 - Relationship Progression:
    I am aware that at some point the phone calls from other sims, asking your played sim about what they should do in their life, ie: "Have a baby with other sim" "Marry them" etc. But a main part that we are missing is them asking our played sims during gameplay. Non-played sims have the ability to flirt and kiss our played sims without us commanding it, but their relationship will never progress without forcing our hand. I understand that people may not want their sims to get married or engaged to a certain sim even if they have a high romantic vibe, but if you can incorporate us answering questions about what the sim should do when they are at work or school and have that outcome affect their day, then it shouldn't be that hard for bubbles to pop up for us to decide the question, such as if a non-played sim asks our played sim on a date. We have the chance to decline.

2 - Dates, Outings, Hangouts:
    We are very grateful that sims now ask our played sims out to hang out or dates, but what I think needs to be added as a 4th option, is to reschedule the time. Non-played sims call at the worse possible time; right before work, no energy, about to starve to death, when we're trying to kill a neighbor sim. An easy way to fix this is to just add a button to reschedule the time. It could pull up a time slot in which you still must hang with them that day, but you can pick a later time, that way you have time to prepare. You could also add in a possibility that by trying to reschedule the hangout, the non-played sim turns down the offer and you get negative relationship points from it. It would be a fun 50/50 chance to add to the gameplay.

3 - More Create-A-Sim Starter Relationships:
    I know that it bothers me when I am creating a family and wish for the two sims to be dating but not married yet. I understand that it adds more gameplay, but it would be nice to have the option of opt-out of the option of having to build their relationship up to that point. It would also be nice if you could add in cousins or other family member options without having to make both parents, make them siblings, connect the kids to them, just so they can be cousins. One more thing to add to this is that it bothers me greatly that when newly made sims are married in CAS, in gameplay they only have half of both bars, but in gameplay, I have never successfully had any sim get married when the bars were that low. Raise the bars to at least 3/4 full that way it matches up with gameplay a bit better.

4 - Private Conversations:
    One last thing for you guys to work on would be the option for when sims are on a date, that no other sim can talk to them. It would be nice if while you're out on a date with a non-played sim, that other non-played sims would jump in your conversation. There should be an option for you to push people out of your conversation just like there is an option to "Send Home" when sims come to your house and you want them to leave. Another thing to add to this is that I have had many times when my sim "knows" someone and will have almost half a friendship bar, but they have never had an introduction at all. It's because they jump into conversations that my sim is having with another sim, and their bar goes up as well.

We thank you for your time and hope that this game will continue to improve.
  • MzRoadRunnaMzRoadRunna Posts: 324 Member
    Sul Sul!
    My suggestions:
    1. Stop Sims from another worlds showing in another random worlds.
    2. Pre-made sims should only walk around and work as NPC in the world they live.
    3. No longer have to select likes and dislikes for another Sims who I am not playing with.
    4. More choices for males in CAS
    5. Sims that have unreciprocated crushes or hates.
    6. Sims have different levels of friendship.
    7. To be invited to more events and parties
    8. More challenges in Strangerville
    9. More teen challenges and activities
    10. More AUTONOMY
    11. Stormy weather clothes

Thanks!!!
    ***** "I'm aware that I'm rare!" *****hdfmb47ln2ao.gif
  • TaviSimsTaviSims Posts: 1 New Member
    What can help create more challenges in the base game:

1. Relationships- if your sim just had a fight with another sim they shouldn’t be able to have friendly interactions right after. Actually not at all. They shouldn’t want to talk and if they do it will only be negative unless they’re apologizing and even that shouldn’t make them happy right after. The same goes for cheating partners! Your sim should be upset with both sims and not have a friendly conversation right after. It’s weird and makes it hard to have drama.

2. Drama- the sims are too nice! Let random NPCs cause trouble when their angry like pick a fight with your sim or another sim in the neighbourhood. Don’t let them just stomp around and be happy after we asked them how their day was. I guess this would fall under story progression since it requires other sims to be starting situations.
    3. Traits- the negative traits aren’t negative enough. Sims who have the hates children trait should want to only have negative interactions with children. Children should be able to realize that they don’t like them because they’re children and want to interact with them less because of that. Family oriented sim can do the same when they see a sim who hates children act like that and it negatively impacts their relationship or impressions on that sim if they haven’t met yet. I could say the same for other negative traits like hot headed and the kleptomaniac trait in the sense that others should react to their negative behaviours and can hinder them.
    4. Family interactions- this is for those who like family gameplay. Not everyone wants their family sims to like each other! Maybe your teen sim doesn’t like their stepsister and stepfather. Currently they can only be mean to be mean because we don’t have those relationship types in the game. If that gets added interactions like say you wish they never married parent or will never consider a part of the family. These kinds of interactions can hurt a sim by making them feel uncomfortable around the family, angry or sad at the sim who said it. The same should happen to cousins! We would need to add that relationship type too.

I really hope that these get taken into consideration and we get some great updates for more complex and challenging situations for our sims!
    Small example of lack of depth: Enemies. If two sims hate each other, they can be declared enemies, yet they can still carry on with friendly interactions. The means players will see their enemies laughing and joking and even HUGGING!

Simple solution: W6th0yS.jpg
    Make all friendly interactions unavailable EXCEPT two: apologise and find common ground > this still leaves the chance of reconcilliation.

Why this will add depth and congruity:
    1.Everyone knows only friends are friendly toward each other! Enemies react with enmity. A distinction between the two is needed.
    2.Will open deeper gameplay opportunities. Not only will the enemies behave in a more appropriate way (with enmity), there is now something
    for the player to work on if they want them to be friends again. Start with apologising and see where things go.

Thread in more detail here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981784/i-love-you-my-despised-enemy/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top