The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani at Heart

Finally, my 'Sulani save' story has begun! I'm not great at coming up with titles. Sulani at Heart was designed to cover the fact that the Matsumoto triplets likely won't all live in Sulani as they get older (I haven't yet planned where they'll all live), but they'll definitely be wanting to retain links to their heritage wherever they live.

Like with 'Magical Mastersons' story, this isn't a meticulously-plotted story or anything like that... it's just recording the day-to-day lives of the Matsumoto triplets and their younger cousins, as well as their parents.

This post is also featured on my blog. It shows as being originally posted on July 25th, but I updated it to include info on the guys, as well as changing Arisa's photo.

Arisa, Keiko and Sakura were born in Sulani. They start dating boys from very different backgrounds. They know they'll likely end up living in different towns when they're older, so will their bond be able to remain strong? And how will they maintain ties with Sulani? After all, to adapt the popular phrase, you can take the girl(s) out of Sulani, but you can't take Sulani out of the girl(s).
Lars has always had a natural affinity with Sulani culture, and decides to become a mermaid. How will he deal with his newfound abilities?
Marianne is the youngest in her family by quite a gap. As she gets older, she realises that she's more interested in playing chess and computer games, rather than the active, outdoor activities her parents and older brother enjoy. Can she accept that being 'different' is a good thing?

(Author's note: Lars will become a mermaid once he's a teenager; he's currently two days away from that birthday. Marianne is still only a toddler right now, so she won't 'narrate' any chapters as such until she's older.)

Now to meet the key characters in the story! Note: at the start of the story, Samuel and Amanda are deceased.

Samuel and Amanda Foster lived in Lagoon Look in Sulani. Amanda was a painter and Samuel was a chef.

qo1ADcs.jpg
zGOraGt.jpg

They had twins Anne and Lucy. Anne is a talented musician, with her main instrument being the violin. She got a degree in Fine Arts from the University of Britechester.

er3ZzUi.jpg

Lucy is a fitness fanatic, who has a degree in Biology from Foxbury Institute. She works as a doctor.

sxdq8mE.jpg

Anne married Hiroshi Matsumoto, and they have triplet daughters Arisa, Keiko and Sakura. Anne was born a human Sim, but underwent the Rite of Ascension to become a Spellcaster as a young adult. Hiroshi is also a Spellcaster, as are their children. Arisa is in green, Keiko is in blue and Sakura is in pink.

9SLraR5.jpg

opRijqG.jpg
cKzu9tF.jpg
j4ZMcUA.jpg

Lucy married Max van Beers and they have son Lars and daughter Marianne. All four are currently human Sims, but that will soon changed as mentioned in the intro.

Emi1ArR.jpg

DpkqlZo.jpg
nNXKctB.jpg

I don't have individual photos of them right now, but here are the basic details of the other important characters:

Declan O'Reilly is originally from Oasis Springs. He has a twin sister Ciara, and a younger sister Orla. His parents are Bridget and Sean. Bridget is a freelance crafter, and Sean is a civil designer.

Kai Nakayama is originally from Mt Komorebi. He has a younger sister, Hanae. His parents are Fumiko and Daisuke. They also have a cat, Mei-Mei, who's a Siamese. Fumiko is a doctor, and Daisuke is a businessman.

Felix Bachmann is originally from Henford-on-Bagley. He has an older sister, Klara. His parents are Gretchen and Karl. Gretchen is an athlete, and Karl is a gardener. They used to have a dog, Lily, but she passed away from old age shortly before the family moved to Sulani.

Blog post here: Sulani at Heart: Meet the Characters

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,956 Member
    First chapter is here! Clubs are definitely a great way of meeting potential boyfriends. It's fairly short, so I'll post the whole thing here.

Narrated by Arisa Matsumoto

Now that my sisters and I were too old for our children's club, I decided to set up a teen one. The list of available members was huge, and there was only limited space. So, on an impulse, I decided to see if there were any other teenage Spellcasters in the area.
    "Five," I muttered to myself, looking the faces. Two other girls and three boys. Grinning, I added the boys' names to the members' list.

fi8ch2U.jpg

On Saturday afternoon, I headed over to Ohan'ali Beach; as the guys all lived in Sulani, I thought it'd be a good, central meeting-point, easier to get to than the Magic Realm.
    "Hello, would you happen to be Arisa Matsumoto by any chance?" asked a voice behind me.
    I turned round and noticed a light-skinned guy with pale blond hair watching me, and I had to a suppress a gasp. Oh, he was cute.
    "Um, yes, that's me," I replied. "How did you know my name?"
    "Well, I knew that Arisa was the club leader," he said, "and you looked like you were waiting for people to arrive. My name's Declan O'Reilly." His voice had a slight Irish lilt to it.
    "Oh right. I haven't noticed you round here before," I said.
    "Yeah, my family only recently moved here from Oasis Springs."
    "Oh, cool," I replied. "Yeah, my family's always lived in Sulani. Have you got any siblings?"
    "Yes. I've got a twin sister, Ciara, and a younger sister called Orla."
    "Oh, you're a twin! I'm a triplet, myself."
    "Triplet?" he asked interestedly. "Judging by your name, I'm guessing that Keiko and Sakura are your sisters."
    "Yeah," I replied.

PR0UEDw.jpg

A while later, Keiko and Sakura had come over from using the sea loungers, and the guy I presumed to be Kai Nakayama had also arrived.
    "So, you're Japanese, are you?" Declan asked.
    "Yeah, half," I replied. "I know I don't look it. My sisters and I all look like our mother."
    "Does your dad come from Mt Komorebi at all?" Kai asked.
    "Umm... I don't know," I confessed. "I never really asked. Do you?"
    "Yeah," Kai replied. "But Mum fancied moving somewhere with a warmer climate. I know I must look ridiculous in this sweater and jeans. I guess I need to stock up on summery clothing."
    "Isn't there supposed to be a third guy?" Sakura put in.
    "Yeah, he's called Felix," I said, remembering the name. "Maybe he's new to Sulani, too, and doesn't know where Ohan'ali Beach is."
    "Hello, sorry I'm late," panted someone. "I got lost."
    Sakura looked at the new guy and blushed.
    Someone's got a crush! I thought.
    Then, before I could say anything, Sakura headed over to the sea. I'd never known her come over all shy before. Perhaps it was different when you fancied someone?

BHjCGKl.jpg

Eventually, though, she warmed up and began talking, whilst I went to the toilet.
    "So, you're Felix," Sakura said.
    "Yeah, that's me," he replied. "I'm originally from Henford-on-Bagley."
    "Oh nice," Sakura smiled. "Rather different to Sulani, then."
    "Very," Felix replied. "Dad fancied the move. He loves gardening, and Sulani's culture of conservation appealed to him."
    "Yeah, it does to my Uncle Max," Sakura explained. "He's really passionate about Sulani and its lifestyle."
    "I hope to learn more about Sulani," Felix smiled.
    "You could meet my uncle, if you like," she replied. "He's really friendly. I'm sure he'll love you if you ask him about Sulani traditions."

KCNmthh.jpg
    Not much of a narrative/plot here, just a simple merman transformation!

Sulani at Heart, Chapter Two: Transformation

• hailexityhailexity Posts: 26 Member
    I haven't really played in Sulani yet, the world is gorgeous. I also use clubs to find partners for my teens lol
    @hailexity It's definitely useful! Sulani is pretty beautiful, I love the lush vegetation and the sea.

I've just published Chapter Five on the blog!

Sulani at Heart, Chapter Five: First Term

0dNEOYr.jpg
    @Sims4MagicalTales well, Lucy is now an Elder and doesn't do as many workouts anymore, but they could still be friends. Age doesn't have to be a barrier!

I realised that I haven't posted the past few blog chapters on this thread.

Chapter Six: Sulani at Heart, Chapter Six: Second Term

Chapter Seven: Sulani at Heart, Chapter Seven: Third Term and Graduation

Chapter Eight: Sulani at Heart, Chapter Eight: Proposals and Weddings and Babies, Oh My!

And here's a shortish, new chapter! I haven't played them for a while as I'm not entirely sure where I want to go with it, but I will definitely get back to it at some point.

Chapter Nine: Sulani at Heart, Chapter Nine: A Playdate

hYcJxXD.jpg
    Unfortunately I decided to end the story. I have two other stories and realised it was difficult focusing on three, so I had to make the difficult decision to stop with one of them. I enjoyed playing with the Fosters and their family through the generations. I deleted the blog, too.
    I still have the Parker Saga, and I also ended up rebooting the Magical Mastersons story, as the HSY patch messed up characters' ages, and I realised that restarting from scratch would be easiest. Yeah, patches can be a pain in the backside, but I'm keeping positive and it's been fun playing them through again.