Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, August 19th

Comments

• MaruDyteMaruDyte Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I am still new in the community but I would like to share what are my thoughts on the gallery system. It didn't filter all simmer's creation and I might miss out on tons of creations on the gallery. It only shows me either 10-30 simmer's shared content, which I hope there is more. That is my only feedback, I have no more to share.
  • VallasdahlenVallasdahlen Posts: 1 New Member
    Relationship improvements 100%, I've watched every married sim in Henford on Bagley bang someone elses significant other more times than I can count. I go to the bar, scandal everywhere. I go to the fair, MORE. I just want a wholesome experience😭 Is this place a swingers club? I wish relationships were more autonomous, natural and overall made more sense.
    Another area would be Uni, I send my sim away and all of her family heirlooms (photos, etc) are stolen cause she moved into a dorm. Thats not realisitic nor is it fair, shes now homeless and without her families things. It makes it hard to want to do a long playthrough if I can't have an adventure with my sims and still have then return home.
    Theres also been strong roof glitches and crashes since the update, theres also been problems with being locked to your lot when you get an acting gig. Then theres the giant foreheads in a lot of the CAS hair items, overall theres tiny things. I still think Cottage living really livened up the expansion packs and points us in a much happier Sim future.
  • bluecowboyboots23bluecowboyboots23 Posts: 1 New Member
    The fact that I get bored of the game if I don't download mods says a lot. In the sims 2 and 3 there was SO much content, I never got bored. My favorite packs for the sims 3 were Island Paradise and Generations.

I think why people are so mad and bored with the game is because you guys really spoiled us with great content in the Sims 3 and 2. You made the Sims 4 beautiful, but really neglected the content.

with the sims 4, there are no fears or wants. It feels shallow and bland along with it being incredibly difficult to form stories.
    I use to love family play and now I just want to skip the Toddler and Child stage all together. In Sims 2 and 3 there were so many experiences. Like in the sims 2, having dinner with the Dean of Private School to get your children in, Bachelor Parties in the Sims 3, life experiences.

Things that really disappointed me :
    1) Apartments - The Sims 2 Apartments expansion pack was my favorite way you did apartments. You could build and decorate your own.
    2) Island Living - Incredible disappointment, You gave us Island Paradise in the past and then cut out all of the gameplay and content down. Sulani is beautiful, but the gameplay there is incredibly shallow and boring. You can't really go anywhere with the stupid boats because the world isn't open, you can't go underwater(If you can, then I didn't know that because I was so bored with this expansion)
    3) University - Another one that disappointed me. University in the Sims 2 and Sims 3 was so fun, you went from going with your sims to class in 3 to making it a rabbit hole.

Things I want in the game:

1) Experiences - Prom, Graduation, Baby showers, more Elder play (A senior citizen home would be cool af). I want them to be memories, I really miss the memory system. My game play style is very realistic. I want my sims to have life experiences and consequences,

2) Memories - I want them to remember them. Ex: My teen sim would be hesitant to have a boyfriend because of her past boyfriend cheating on her. Memories impact the present a lot.
  • KeytonRioKeytonRio Posts: 1 New Member
    I think a great challenge would be for the non-played sims to have better story progression. The townies never move houses, build relationships, or complete their aspirations without player interference. Relationships are one-sided! It would be cool to see two non played sims get married and move houses on their own. It would make the game more dramatic in general which could be fun.
  • Alex_13Alex_13 Posts: 3 New Member
    More depth in gameplay for me means :
    1. Better weights in emotions, as a simple example being happy for a clean floor while your whole family just died
    2. Improved interactions with family and friends. Example: I am invited by my mom at her house but I am not allowed to sleepover because it’s inappropriate
    3. Other sims need to take the initiative sometimes, like being asked to be bf/gf or get married/divorce
    4. Actions like cheating to have better consequences
    5. Improved family tree, for longer generations. Adding more relationships like great aunt or godmother . Plus being able to have relationships with your family and not being treated as a stranger because they live in another house
  • Georgia_peachGeorgia_peach Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you Sim Gurus for taking the time to listen to the requests and concerns of players, most whom have been playing for many years. It shows that you truly care about the players who continue to support the franchise.

Honestly, I just have one main concern, but it’s a big one. [b]GAME DEPTH[/b] is extremely lacking. Too many events and activities are rabbit holes, and it leaves players sitting and waiting for their sims to return. For example, I was really disappointed when Discover University was released and I saw just how little depth there was within the gameplay in contrast to The Sims 3 that had active classes, class activities, Greek life, parties, etc. All of those things made the experience fun and worth playing. I know it’s a hefty ask, but adding some of these features into a future update would be a dream!
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    How about taking the time to fix bugs (like simulation lag) instead of putting out content that do nothing but distract us from the problems of the game? There's bugs that have been in the games FOR YEARS and they're still not fixed. Why is it so hard to fix bugs? Because they don't make you any money?
  • AradictaAradicta Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul sul dear simteam :)

I have been playing Sims from the first hour on. And over the years the most important thing for me was to build up my family history from one generation to the next. As Sims 4 came out it felt like a step backwards. I am hoping for a challenge and reward system, that makes it worth to play a save longer. And what about doing more with the screenshots ingame? I want to tell a story, my own story. Imagine a kind of "family chronicle" listing all sims of the family tree (and whoever the player wants to add to it) and listing them with all their skills and achievements. What about achievement rewards like special skills (like you did in the Realm of Magic gameplay pack) or unlock possible new jobs? What about family businesses that grow with each generation depending on the chronicle? There are multiple possibilities for achievements (supernatural achievements, farming, making money, finishing careers, having many children, counting sims who are played from birth to old age, gained reputation of all family members, family members that were famous, family members that were abducted by aliens).

And please: Make the game more difficult. We have too much money, too less difficulties. More suprises, less control.

Thank you for giving that opportunity
    (and sorry for my bad english :#)
  • MichessiahMichessiah Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi sims team! It is nice to finally be able to voice all of this! I am glad you do these things... Not let me get into it. More depth would mean better gameplay in my opinion. The game is too easy, having things like natural disasters, ie; a quake that breaks something you just brought and turns it to a pile of parts instead of just breaking it would be ideal. It would also add a depth to gameplay by forcing the player to think up a strategy to either earn more money, or to re buy the item.

Relationships are one sided. It feels like your active sim had to do the work at all times, which is very boring. I would like to see the NPC's also pick someone they like and try to flirt with them, even if it's your active sim because it gives a new element to story telling.

Burglers are also very deep gameplay depth. They force the player to use features one wouldn't otherwise use, say, locking the door so it's harder for them to steal. It would also liven the game up, make the utopia that the game is now more interesting instead of sitting at the computer hoping your sims would do something to stave off the boredom you feel when playing with them.

On that same note, cars would also drive the player to want to earn and use money. (It could also be an object burglers steal.) Right now, the earning money feels useless. You earn the money, build a nice fancy house, earn more money and it just sits there. Nothing breaks to the point where it needs to be replaced because everything is fixable. So the player can accumulate over a million simoleons and still have thing to use it on. Depth for me, at least in this factor, would be to have a proper use for money that is earned!

Let's talk about babies for a second. They are objects, plain and simple. Having the ability to move them would mean more challenge for the player. It is also part of gameplay depth because the bay becomes the gameplay. For family players, like myself, the baby adds to the challenge. Now they are just screaming furniture, but they could be so much more!

There are a lot of things that I wish to talk about, but I will keep this post simple and maybe edit it later when I have the time. Some things to consider that weren't mentioned: 1) the packs themselves feel empty and there isn't enough gameplay in them to tide you over. 2) Toddlers have very little gameplay which makes playing with that life stage quite boring. I'd like to see some more activities for them to do, like finger painting and singing, that would enhance my gameplay with toddlers. 3) and on the same note, teens need to look more like teens to differentiate from adults. That would enhance gameplay for me, because I won't have to rely on hovering over a sim to find out it's age, though I do like that it's included, I think gender would have also been a good use, and a way to implement gender preference. 4) teen activities would be great, even if they are rabbit hole activities. I'm also going to include rabbit holes in this just because they tide together. Rabbits holes could give something for all ages to do that the player doesn't have to micromanage. It could be a short break from managing large households. Batuu, while a disaster of a pack, did give that feature, though it was not offered to other packs in the franchise, which is a shame, because it would have been something many would have enjoyed, or just liked to see. In that aspect of Batuu, I really do like the aspect of Rabbit holes, but I will not buy that pack because it is a useless feature and does nothing to enhance my gameplay.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts on this game and I hope that we can expect some challenge and gameplay, and depth in the future.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    Hey Sims team,
    Thanks for hosting this feedback session again! It's really appreciated!

I wrote this part before this thread was created, and did not know you were looking for base game related feedback. So my feedback is centered around a pack. But it can be read as an example of how I would like to see more challenge and story added to other parts of the game too.

To me Realm of Magic is the ultimate example about how the Sims 4 is lacking in storytelling and challenge. So I’ll explain why, and how I would envision a pack like this could be more meaningful.

Firstly I'll describe where I think it's going wrong. When you first play Realm of Magic, you’ll be playing with your ‘muggle’ sim, who does not know anything about the existence of magic. The trouble begins when you have to make your sim set way to the magic portal by themselves, as if they already know what they are about to explore. They consciously walk towards the portal and step through it like it’s the most every day thing. When they get to the magic realm, there is no sense of surprise or shock on them when they see the completely absurd world they have just teleported to. While that’s two things that should completely blow their minds. This makes the experience feel shallow. Then all the sim needs to do to go through a life-changing transformation is talk to a sage, ask them to become a spellcaster and collect some stuff that is scattered around the floor just when you need it. And that’s it, the sim became a spellcaster without any sense of story or challenge. It is simply to easy.

I think that if the introduction to the realm of magic would have been fleshed out, the whole pack would feel more complete. It’s a matter of adding some obstacles along the way.

Now the portal to the realm of magic is situated at the top of a waterfall, but imagine it would have been located at the bottom, behind the waterfall. You could set your sim to explore the waterfall. Waterfalls are general curious things, so it makes sense for your non magical sim to want to explore it, without expecting to find anything supernatural behind it. Exploring the waterfall could be handled like stepping through the tree in Willow Creek or the bushes in Granite Falls. The result depends on the options the players choose, so the sim might not find out about the realm on the first try (adds challenge). And little hints of magic could be dropped in the dialogue, that would make the sim curious and want to explore more. So the story makes sense.

When the sim successfully explores the waterfall and stumbles across the portal, I imagine they might pass out the first time they see the magical realm. It is after all a very weird and impossible place. And when they get there they might get a lot of ‘what’s this?’ interactions. They could peek at other spellcasters when they are practicing magic, and ask them what they are doing. The sims would get moodlets to increase their curiosity. The sim should observe magic for a certain amount of interactions before they can ask one of the sages about becoming a spellcaster.

When your sim asks one of the 3 sages about magic, a quest would pop up like in The Sims 3 World Adventures. The sage will allow the sim to become their student and walk the path towards becoming a spellcaster, but they must first improve to be worthy of it. There could be lots of different things they should do, like convincing all three sages, collecting certain items (not stuff that just spawns around you when you need it), researching magic through the bookcases. Or spending time on- or owning a certain amount of points of the logic, gardening or charisma skill. And of course all of this should be communicated with a bit of story (like in ts3 WA).

Additionally as the final step the sim might need to take a test to prove they’re ready. Again, this could function the same as the portal in the Willow Creek tree and the Granite Falls bushes to the Hermit’s house. But this time the dialogue is a long riddle from the sages. And the final destination isn’t a location, but the sim becoming a spellcaster. As long as the sim hasn’t become a spellcaster yet, they might get interactions to ask other sims about magic, or research magic at the library. These would trigger little bits of dialogue that give hints about the right solutions to the riddle.

When the sim has completed the quest chain the player would get a sense of gratification. The challenge and story that passed along the way will make the rest of the sims’ life as a spellcaster feel much more meaningful, because they had to work hard to get there.

I just wish that if not as a fix for existing packs, this way of handling story would be considered for future packs. The thing is, I feel like implementing this would not even be that costly. It’s just adding interactions that have a different name, but existing animations could be used for it. And for the dialogue and quests, mechanics from different parts of the game could be used. So it’s really a matter of fleshing it all out with some obstacles and written storyline. But the sense of meaning and challenge would be greatly improved.

That was my the first part of my feedback. Now I'll talk about base game specific points.

- I think a townie overhaul (I mean homeless townies, not premade sims) would be very beneficial for the game. The randomly generated townies we get now are very immersion breaking, they just don't seem like actual people, so they remind you that it all is just computer generated. The best would be if all the townies would be predesigned. They need a sense of personality that just won’t arise when they are randomly generated by the game. Alternatively implementing a feature in the game that lets users create and share predesigned outfits could help to at least make the townies look realistic. The player could add outfits to their catalog and townies would be dressed only in predesigned outfits. Additionally it would be good if townies and premade sims only popped up in specific sets of neighborhoods. For example Strangerville and Oasis springs, Windenburg, Britechester and Henford on Bagley. When you see the same sims in every neighborhood it just makes the place feel less special.

- The Sims 2 had cutscenes for special moments like first kisses, marriage proposals, etcetera. In the Sims 4 there isn't something like that, and big life moments can feel very volatile because of it. Adding a feature like this would really increase the sense of depth and meaning in your sims' lives. It would create more reason to play the game as a life simulator.

- The Sims 3 had an opportunity system that added challenge and story to the game in a perfect way. I really miss something like that. It creates goals for the player to work towards. And it made some things, like acquiring ambrosia, very challenging which made the subject a lot more meaningful when the opportunity was finally completed. The sims 4 has a lot of different types of deaths, but is also fairly easy to make a sim come back to life, which makes it all feel less meaningful.

- Another thing I really miss from The Sims 3 is the skill challenges, specifically the ones that came with rewards. For example for the charisma skill, the sim would get a relationship boost when they had met at least 20 different sims. And for the gardening skill, weeds would grow less fast once the sim had planted at least a certain amount of different plants. Those challenges created natural goals and a sense of achievement.

- For storytelling purposes it would be great if sims were capable of having non mutual relationships. It could create much more interesting dynamics between sims. An attraction system would give that even more depth. Imagine a vampire sim having a big crush on another sim who's turn off is vampirism. It just creates instant depth.

- Lastly I find it really sad that teens, young adults, adults and elders all have the same frame. It makes it feel like adults are the only ones that matter, because the other ages look like adults too. Why can't old people actually look old? It's a part of life. And it has happened at least 3 times where I thought that one sim of a married couple was the other's teenage child instead of their spouse, because teens look so much like adults. It's just very weird when there's a family of a parent and a teenage child, and you genuinely cannot tell which one is the parent and which one is the child. It makes the life stages less meaningful.

I'm very curious to see how you will further improve the depth and challenge of the game. I'm already liking the game a lot more since the last couple of months, I feel like it is going in a good direction. The addition of NPCs and character backstories in Cottage Living is very nice.

Thank you very much for reading this! I've written down quite much and I am not the only one. It must be very time consuming to go through it all, but it is greatly appreciated that you do so.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    In terms of challenge, the main thing that comes to mind for me is the relationship between Sims. I don't want every sim I interact with for a short while to become friends with my sim, and I don't think sims should be able to become best friends or marry in a single day. I wish relationships took a little longer to build. It shouldn't just be a bigger time sink, though. My decisions as a player (in who I pick and how I interact with the sim) should influence the outcome. and were not always as easy. So sims with stronger affinities might build relationship as fast as they currently do if they choose interactions related to those affinities, but other sims might have a harder time getting along. I also think once a sim has done something awful to another, it should affect the relationship itself, not just their mood, which can be overwritten with a few positive moodlets.

Challenges to me would also include some unexpected elements that affect my sims for better or worse, with a result depending on my own decisions (especially on my sims' skills, relationships and such, things I'd have built towards, not just an instantaneous choice in a menu). I think this was done in Jungle Adventures to a certain extent, but I'd like to see it more often, especially when it comes to careers.

Overall, I wish my decisions mattered more, that the current "time sinks" (levelling skills and such) could help overcome challenges, and that big events had long-term consequences. A challenge shouldn't be just about making the game more difficult (though we need some options for that), and especially not about just requiring more time (repeating the same action over and over again), it should be a way that players can interact with the game both to overcome difficulties and to gain some cool bonuses.

The team has been doing a few interesting things in that aspect over time, such as the Parenthood traits (responsibility and such), the way random events are handled in Jungle Adventures (with skills or available items affecting the outcome and players knowing what will affect it, but not the result itself, though some could still come with a choice that essentially ignores the event for players who don't like them), the Simple Living lot challenge that gives more value to gardening and cooking as well as making you think about what sims will actually prepare instead of selecting random recipes. Those are some of the additions I've particularly enjoyed, and I hope to see more, whether in packs or base game.
  • AcaciaCEJAcaciaCEJ Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think most things have been covered!

● I would love to see optional story progression.

● Lifestyles allocated specifically for kids, teens & elders - whilst on the subject I think kids, teens & elders could do with their own Aspirations that suit them rather that the standard one that are for all adults.

● Traits update: move food ones into likes/dislikes? Maybe a clumsy sims can get less clumsy? Maybe a loner can open up? Maybe slob can become neat?

● Mid-life crisis/Teen mood swing/Kid obsessions:

○ Kids wanting to be an astronaut one week a Doctor the next and then maybe a vet - let them dream!

○ Teens: They already have mood swings but more whims to go with them would be awesome. Likes/Fears would be good to add in from this life stage.

○ Mid-Life Crisis: Adult sims being able to do whims during this time that contradict there traits - depending on how often or how successful they can change traits permanently.

● Being able to choose more than one trait for a toddlers? Maybe having an inherited trait from family?

● Couples should be able to snuggle in bed whilst asleep!

● Pregnancy could go on a bit longer & cravings would be an interesting touch too.

● Crushes at school & work would be interesting. Sims you aren't actively playing getting married, cheating, changing jobs etc (again a lot of this would be story progression)

● More family options in CAS - Aunts, Cousins, etc

○ Fixing issues with sentiments such a "Neighbourhood Brawl" causing sentiment issues that last for ages even when the fight was A, wanted & B, between good friends! Maybe the option to talk things out or maybe another friend could mediate or something!

There's probably a zillion more ideas but these are a few for now!

• mesimsmesims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EA_Lanna said:
    > Sul sul Simmers!
    >
    > What’s on your mind for the next Sims 411?
    >
    > We heard you say that you want a higher level of challenge and depth in the Base Game. And we’d love to hear more about it!
    >
    > Let us know what a higher level of challenge and depth in the Base Game would look like for you.* What would you expect from it?
    > * How would this change your current experience of The Sims 4?
    > * What specific aspects of the game would you like to see more depth in?
    >
    >
    > Today, on August 19th starting at 6 AM Pacific Time, we’ll be welcoming your comments during 24 hours in The Sims Forums (check here for local timezones). We’ll close the conversation after 24 hours, on August 20th at 6 AM Pacific Time.
    >
    > You’ll be able to share any additional comments next time (our team is made of humans, and there are only so many comments one human can read at a time... :) ).
    >
    > We appreciate you understand that* this is not a wish list for content requests
    > but a place where we can listen to your thoughts without distraction
    > * this is not a guarantee we’ll provide an answer in the next Sims 411
    > but rest assured that your comment is being read and will be addressed whenever possible
    > * this is not a place to report bugs
    > but please continue to report bugs on AHQ
    >
    >
    > THE GOLDEN RULE
    > We’ll only read comments that adhere to our Positive Play guidelines and our forum rules.
    >
    > GUIDELINES AND RULES
    >
    > We’ll only read comments that adhere to our Positive Play guidelines and our forum rules - here are some of the most important points when it comes to giving feedback:* Be respectful. We want to hear what you have to say but please be kind and respectful when posting here. Being mean or aggressive as well as cursing and swearing doesn't help to bring your point across.
    > * Keep it game-related and on topic. As we said before, this is not the place to post a wish list and bugs, or talk about those Sims 4 mods that you found.
    > * Don't make things personal. It's not cool to target other players who may have different opinions or attack SimGurus and other officials. This also means: please no mass taggings.
    > * Don't bully, troll, bait, or derail the conversation. This is never okay - which should go without saying! If you do this, you will be moderated as per our forum rules.
    > * Don't spam or flood this thread. Posting the same thing over and over will not get your question into the Sims 411 but it may lead to moderation.
    >
    >
    > We’re looking forward to reading your comments! :)
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    • The emotions system as it currently stands breaks my immersion into the game. Sims constantly have happy, focused or energized moodlets that overpower anything else happening around them. An example is my sim is happy because of moodlets from a nicely decorated room and a good meal despite the fact that their spouse has just passed away. It immediately sours me on the gameplay because my sim is not reacting appropriately to a devastating death. There are many happy moodlets sims get from innocuous things, like a nicely decorate home, that I wish were instead Fine moodlets so my sim isn’t always in a state of perpetual happiness.
    • Sims feel shallow because they have no wants or fears that I can use to direct my gameplay or shape their life. In previous Sim games, wants/wishes for sims were influenced by traits, which not only helped my sims feel like they had individual desires and personalities, but also made traits meaningful. Does my romantic sim keep getting a want to talk to his ex-girlfriend or does he want to move on and go on a date with someone else? Does he keep getting a want to have a child or is that not on his mind at all? Wants are something I can shape my gameplay around or choose to ignore if I have something different in mind, but they help to add depth to a sim. Sims 4 is missing this. Whims were unfortunately random and generic so they felt meaningless. All my sims, no matter their traits, would constantly spam Whims like “buy a beebox”, which added nothing to my gameplay.
    • Dating and love in the sims 4 lacks any depth. I can spam flirty interactions with just about any sim and they can fall in love no matter how different they are because there’s no attraction system. Also, an Evil sim and Good sim can fall for each other or become best friends too easily without regard for their traits. Traits seem insignificant when they don’t affect sim relationships.
    • Life events don’t receive enough importance in the Sims 4 so they feel simplistic and less impactful. There are no funerals to mourn a dearly departed loved one's death or baby/wedding showers to celebrate joyous life changing events. These milestones should have meaningful gameplay attached, otherwise they feel shallow.
    • Aspirations are currently like simple tutorials to walk players through new pack features. The aspirations are easy to complete, which makes them unfulfilling. I hope Aspirations are remade to be actual hard-earned goals that are more complex than “go jogging for 2 total hours” (Fitness aspiration) or “Doze Off on a Lounge Chair or Floaties” (Beach Life Aspiration).
    • The game in general is not challenging. Money is too easy to earn in the Sims 4 so my families always have excessive cash. My sims also rarely have consequences for their actions. Something like an electrical shock when fixing an appliance doesn’t have any chance of killing my sim unless I purposely try for it again and chance cards from Get Famous tell me the outcome before I choose an option.

Thank you to the Sim Team for reading.
  • JessicabJessicab Posts: 1 New Member
    The things that need to be improved is dine out needs a complete overhaul. It’s a good base but needs improvement. As far as base game the traits need to be more and actually affect the sims. Also the fact that you can be mad at a sim for like 2 seconds that isn’t real life at all. Also personalities need to be added.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited August 2021
    Alright, let us begin, again...

Expansion Packs updates:
    • Get to Work can add reward items for each introduced career like in TS2: lies detector (detective), surgery station (doctor) and the genetic station (scientist).
    • City Living can add mimes (TS1).
    • Cats and Dogs can add dog houses for outside (TS1-2-3).
    • Seasons can add hail (TS2-3) and composting leaves instead burning them (TS2).
    • Get Famous can add swimming pool stuff, like round swimming pools (TS2-3), water filter (TSFreeplay), bar (TS3) or water slides (TS1-2-3).
    • Island Living can update the mermaids (TS3).
    • Eco Lifestyle can add a composting bin (TS2) either a new object or a update for the bug farm.
    • Snowy Escape can add Karate skill (TS3)

Game Packs update:
    • Outdoor Retreat can add log rolling (TS2), axe throwing (TS2) or archery (TS3).
    • Spa Day can add zen garden (TS2) and Tai Chi (TS2)
    • Dine Out can add a pizza oven or deep fryer (TS3).
    • Parenthood can have lemonade or bake stand (TS2-3)
    • Dream Home Decorator can add the drawing board (TS2-3)

Hobbies are a must for a future Expansion Pack. Sewing, pottery, jewelry, restoration and modeling.

If a Showtime like pack is not released, maybe the three careers singer, magician and acrobat can be featured in another packs.

Musical instruments also are a must. Drum and bass, plus a saxophone.

New gym/exercise items included in a future pack can fit well not matter if isn't related with it.

Lawn mowing kit can be the equal from Bust The Dust but for outside. Also the grass growing system and brush trimming.

Water heaters and propane/gas tanks needs to be featured either as a clutter/decorative or functional. There's funny interactions in TS2 when a Sim uses the toilet while another is taking a shower.

New life stages can add more interactions and expands the story gameplay. Pre-teens and Mid Adults can have both their own traits and interactions like crisis or meltdowns.

Hail and sandstorm for Seasons can be a good new addition for weather events.

If cars weren't added, at least give us the junk car for restoration from TS2 and TS3, only for restoring and later selling it, plus some garage clutter.

Casino items can be added in a future hotels pack, also a swimming pool bar.

Attic rooms can be a nice addition to use the roofs as rooms without all tricks for building.

Nectar and mead (beer) making can be featured in a future pack, including new harvestables like grains.

Goats should be the next farm animal.

Cows and llamas should poop like cats and dogs.

Wolves and deer should be the next wild fauna.

If a Werewolves pack is released, please consider to enhance the mermaids before. Also, adding zodiac signs and lunar phases with the Werewolves pack.

Wood chopping systemcan be a good way to use wood in the barbecue grill or the fireplace. An axe from Outdoor Retreat and a shed from Get Together should be enough plus animations.

Swimming pool water cleaning system from The Sims Freeplay as well.

Diving lots can be featured in a future pack based in the mediterranean sea, either Italy, Greece or Egypt.

Quinchos are a popular building in some South American countries, to reunite people and shares an barbecue/asado. Some bult-in grills can be featured as well as a SP or Kit, including the clay/brick Pizza Oven from TS3.

Water slides can be added either as a pack update or free update.

Cabinets should be updated with an option to place some appliances inside, much like microwaves.

An laundy and barstols sort for Build can be a good update in both By Function and By Room.

Can you feature some arcade cabinets please? Not an oversized one, just the classic one.

Telescopes and pool tables should be released as BG free update with two differents models for each, much like bunk beds. Also microscopes, there's two Maxis Match from the science table (BG and SE).

Please, add a deep fryer. A Dine Out update will fit perfectly.

Seasons should let us to decide which event for each season is selected. I'm from a country when rain is far often than snow.

Parenthood should have more projects, like a Go-Kart restoration or eco friendly projects like dew collector or solar panel building.

Built-in trash compactor for counters.

Under staircase storage furniture like bookshelves or dressers.

Outside unit for air conditioner for Seasons.

Update the radiator from Vampires to works as thermostat like in TS2.

Butter churner for Cottage Living for homemade butter please! Also homemade cheese.

Give us the chance to feed the bugs in Eco Lifestyle farm with organic scraps instead spending $5. Also a option to "Feed all" or "Nuture all".

Horses can be added in their own GP but adding blacksmith/forging to craft horseshoes and other accesories. Also archery for a more "medieval" experience.

Update aquariums please, there's no way to be normal aquariums without feeding or cleaning it.

If a greenhouse tools will not be feature, a full glass wall option like roofs can be added, instead placing windows in all the wall.

Verical hydroponic planter please for Eco Lifestyle.

Post edited by Mak27 on
  • EvieRose269EvieRose269 Posts: 10 New Member
    Depth and Challenge improvements:
    - Relationships e.g. one sided relationships, a filter for negative relationships, a panel to look at previous relationship sentiments
    - Memories e.g. look at life events, past sentiments, and achievements
    - Improved babies
    - Story progression for townies and unplaced sims
    - Compatability between sims for both romantic and friendships as it can be too easy to build relationships- could be based off traits or likes and dislikes e.g. a sim that likes fitness would find it harder to be friends with a sim who dislikes fitness
    - Short term wants and fears e.g. have/don't have a baby, get married/get divorced
    - Short term challenge aspirations with time limit to e.g. collect all of x collection
    - Easier to get demoted on random pop ups for work to make careers harder
  • haydigihaydigi Posts: 1 New Member
    i don’t have a lot to add with pretty language and in depth discussions like most of the amazing simmers here, but i do have some thoughts. if this is all just reiterating what others have said, then i guess that means more votes to those ideas :)

depth:

more/better lore for premade families: i have never spent much time playing as a premade family, because the lore just isn’t compelling. and even if it is (looking at snowy escape and cottage living premades), there’s no consequences to completely derailing this storyline. i tried playing as the watson family, and rahmi’s entire relationship with the mayor had disappeared within a few in-game days. i think wants and fears from ts2 could really help here, as well as the aspiration bar and ability to go into aspiration failure. if i want to ignore the preset story of everyone in the sims 4, i can do it without any problems or consequences. if they had wants and fears tied to their lore, it would be a lot harder to do so. also, the lore from ts1-3 is part of what makes those games so interesting, as someone who didn’t play those games in their prime but is constantly looking for ways to get my hands on them so i can experience the lore. i would like to see more of that, along with some classic townies/premades/npcs, in the sims 4.

challenge:

i really love the new lot challenge system, and i wish we had more options. burglars, more dangerous fires, easier deaths, just more consequences in general. my sims very rarely surprise me and when they do, it’s generally mods at work. i would LOVE to see more of this in the sims 4. i want my sims to feel more alive, like they have their own personalities and motivations rather than just being dolls i can manipulate however i wish.

thank you so much for this forum and for listening to us!
  • Dyl2K9Dyl2K9 Posts: 8 New Member
    - boarding school for kids and teens.. plus private school option to have headmaster over for dinner like sims 2
    - story progression - have the ability for other households to have babies, start dating etc. I play legacy usually, and it's like I have to micromanage every household to have children, new relationships etc.
    - make teens shorter then adults and young adults. Include more teen focused clothing.
    - allow the ability to purchase holiday homes or additional residential lots, which include additional lot taxes sims will have to pay.
    - the detailed sim profile of relationships is a good idea but you have removed the ability to see relationships by hovering over sims names in the friendship tab like nephew, aunt etc. So put that back would be easier.
    - Change the hours for after school activates, most of the time the kid is in a bad mood from school and then has to go to scouts or acting straight away.
  • lyrajonathanlyrajonathan Posts: 1 New Member
    [b]MOD SUPPORT FOR CONSOLE[/b]
    Console players want mods and Cc Support for console with a In-game search like Bethesda games , It's annoying we are forced to use the same objects While PC players getting a Lot of content :( , Collabs with modders for example Deaderpool and weerbesu , MCCC and UI Cheats for consoles , I want to custom My Game :(
    [b]NEXT GEN UPGRADE[/b]
    I play on Xbox Series S and i have the Xbox One versión that have 30 fps lock , We want a Next gen upgrade for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S , PC max graphics , 4K , 60 fps
  • AlmaAlma Posts: 24 Member

These are suggestions to make the sims to feel more real and different from each other, as much as I love this game I often think the interactions are too smooth over all.

- To be able to set my sims to bisexual, homosexual, hetrosexual or leave as is etc. in CAS

- That sims have more relationships to choose from, not only married or friends in CAS like girlfriend/boyfriend, fiancé/fiancée, poly etc.

- Astrological signs, would give sims more personality away from the other traits already available in game like:

- Aries: Passionate, Adventurous, Impulsive
    - Taurus: Patient, Reliable, Possessive
    - Gemini: Adaptable, Witty, Superficial
    - Cancer: Protective, Caring, Needy
    - Leo: Generous, Loyal, Self-centered
    - Virgo: Meticulous, Serious, Overcritical
    - Libra: Charming, Idealistic, Indecisive
    - Scorpio: Intense, Affectionate, Secretive
    - Sagittarius: Jovial, Philosophical, Tactless
    - Capricorn: Practical, Humorous, Reserved
    - Aquarius: Friendly, Independent, Unpredictable
    - Piesces: Imaginative, Emotional, Flaky

The signs should also be adjusted to fit the seasons:
    - Spring: Pisces, Aries & Taurus
    - Summer: Gemini, Cancer & Leo
    - Fall: Virgo, Libra & Scorpio
    - Winter: Sagittarius, Capricorn & Aquarius

- Also Fire signs should go easier with Air signs and Earth signs should go easier with Water signs etc. but not make it impossible to work beyond the signs, just a bit harder.

- If the sims had preferences for their love interests like: hair color, body type, personality traits, astrological signs etc.

- Be able to choose from: Introvert, Extrovert or Ambivert.

- More (BG) "normal" careers! They feel very limited.

Just a few things of the top of my mind for now.

• Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    Friendly reminder to everyone - try keep suggestions base game related. Think of what can be added to the very core / base of the game to improve and add depth to the everyday simmer's game play. :)
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • attaboi123attaboi123 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love the Sims 4. I have been playing from the very beginning of Sims. However, no matter which version I played (except for Sims 1), I found myself falling deeper into boredom as each Sim minute passed. The gameplay was dull and redundant. I built a house for my Sims - they had kids - they grew old - they died. I found myself building homes and starting new families over and over.. I never reached the second generation. I was too bored to even try. Today, the gameplay is awesome - thanks to all the great modders and creators. Cooking is great now - SCCO, icemunmun, Oni and many more - they make cooking great. My Sims go to the dentist, and they come home with prescriptions. Bad hygiene or not brushing their teeth have consequences now. My Sims go to the doctor, and they come home with prescriptions, too. My Sims mow their lawns and iron their clothes. My Sims can hold eulogies and funerals for their deceased loved ones. I no longer use motherlode - why should I when my Sims can go to the bank, make loans, and have their own accounts. Cottage Living was almost an 8 for me, but it lacks so much: hunting (littlbowbub has this and it is OMG awesome). Icemunmun's canning is so much better than the canning offered in Cottage Living. The jams are already there - but why can't my Sim grab some bread and spread some apple jam on it to make a jam sandwich? "Eat jam" with a spoon is the best that Sims can offer? Get help from the modders and creators.. their ideas make Sims 4 great.
  • RoanCrousRoanCrous Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2021
    improve the systems like example retail stores and restaurts from dineout,like & dislikes like fav drinks & food, lifestyles and club activities and wants & fears.
  • yunglizardqueenyunglizardqueen Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul Sims team! Thanks for this opportunity! Here are some of my thoughts for how to improve the game’s depth and challenge:

-More interactions specific to what a sim is doing, where they are in life, and their relationship to whoever they’re talking to: when a sim gets promoted, they should be able to tell their family/friends. same with new baby, new job, new partner, as well as negative things like family deaths, breakups. Even more minor things like asking how another sim slept when they’ve just woken up (sims 3), talking about a book they just read, asking another sim if they like the meal you’ve cooked. Even being able to introduce two sims that you know who don’t know each other. Whenever my sims get abducted by aliens with Get to Work they can’t tell anyone and I feel like I’m screaming into the void! These things would make the game really come alive.
    -To that end, sims with a strong emotion should have more unique interactions with sims and objects that aren’t just a renaming of something they can already do.

-I would really really like for more cross-pack integration that keeps up with old packs. While the Get Together clubs system is updated, the Seasons holidays are not. I would really like to see options for holidays such as: Winter Activities, Go Hiking (with Snowy Escape), Beach Cleanup, Go to the Beach (with Island Living— or the water interactions should work in the ocean), Cook Together (new update), Drink Juice Keg, Play Soccer (with Discover University), Do Yoga, Meditate (with Spa Day), Volunteer (with Parenthood), etc. This isn’t base game, but I think cross-pack interactions would add a lot of depth and open up the possibilities for players to tell unique stories.

-We really need teens to feel more distinct from adults with exclusive interactions, same with elders. Even young adult to adult, it would be cool to see them transitioning in life further. Maybe adult sims get tired more quickly than young adults, or want to try a new skill.

-Once you get a sim up and running, making money is too easy and there isn’t enough to spend it on. One solution would be to rework the whole economy of the game. Another is to implement a system similar to the one in Sims 3, where a sim can buy up properties, own multiple houses, and become partners of community lots. This is a good way to spend a lot of money quickly and make your sims wealth more tangible.

-It would be interesting to have to “keep up” with skills, allowing them to slowly decay over time if you don’t practice them. Maybe the decaying stops once you max them.

-Aspirations need to be more difficult and allow for unique stories beyond tutorial. Basically, we need a lot more of them. Aspiration rewards (and max skill rewards) should be relevant to the aspiration’s goals and significant. A sim who has completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration doesn’t need a discount on bills. The reward for the Cottage Living aspiration is a great start! I love the hidden feature of the Simple Living cookbook. This is great, I love hidden features that can be discovered for the first time even after years of playing!

-Whims were great and should be updated! They need to be fine-tuned so you don’t always get the same things when passing an object in your house, for example. If they aren’t already, they should be unique to a sim’s traits and likes/dislikes. They could be a great tool to add direction and personality to each sim.

-Would love to see more social events to be added to base game. Baby shower, extended family reunion, funeral, sleepover, these can all bring the game to life. Again, it would be nice to see rewards that change and are relevant to the event.

-More complicated relationships based on whether sims’ traits align or clash, as well as an added personal preference system.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top