Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should've added a broom to the Bust the Dust Kit

Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I think the title says it all. I see they were going for a less expensive to very expensive versions of getting rid of the dust, so I think adding a broom and a feather duster would've been a great idea for the very cheap alternative from the vacuums imo. I personally won't be buying this kit, but I thought this would've been a good idea for those who like it.

And possibly adding an old style mop also.
Post edited by Amj1995 on

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    Absolutely. This way you could use a broom for a less wealthy household or maybe you are playing a household off the grid and don't want to use electronic devices.

These are the things EA never thinks of. Makes you wonder how long they spent brainstorming before making this, if they did brainstorm at all.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    This is the first thing I thought too. I've been wanting vacuums ever since sims 2 came out. They had bed making so why not vacuuming?? Now they finally do!! I was SO excited! But then saw they didn't have any brooms etc.. but meh, I guess you can't always be perfect. Some brooms added in a patch might be a great thing though. ;)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Absolutely. This way you could use a broom for a less wealthy household or maybe you are playing a household off the grid and don't want to use electronic devices.

These are the things EA never thinks of. Makes you wonder how long they spent brainstorming before making this, if they did brainstorm at all.

You can upgrade the vacuums with an Eco Charge (I think that’s the name) to work off the grid, and the retro style vac, with the bag isn’t very expensive at all.
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I think the title says it all. I see they were going for a less expensive to very expensive versions of getting rid of the dust, so I think adding a broom and a feather duster would've been a great idea for the very cheap alternative from the vacuums imo. I personally won't be buying this kit, but I thought this would've been a good idea for those who like it.

And possibly adding a mop also.

We already have mops, and if you don’t buy a vacuum but turn the dust effects on you can clean the floors and surfaces the old way with the mop they magically pull out of their pocket and wiping with the sponge that also magically appears.
    Kittie885 wrote: »
    This is the first thing I thought too. I've been wanting vacuums ever since sims 2 came out. They had bed making so why not vacuuming?? Now they finally do!! I was SO excited! But then saw they didn't have any brooms etc.. but meh, I guess you can't always be perfect. Some brooms added in a patch might be a great thing though. ;)

I don’t think they will patch things in for a kit that only costs $4.99.

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    When I saw the title of this thread I immediately agreed, and then I remembered real life sweeping. While fine on wood or stone or tile (or anything not carpet) a broom would be useless on carpet. On the other hand, a vacuum can do all floors even if it isn't necessary on hard flooring.

So I can sort of understand leaving brooms out now. I doubt they would take the time to program them to work with certain surfaces and maybe assign brooms to outdoors. Watching a Sim sweep carpet would be as weird as the photos of them vacuuming grass coming out right now.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

You can upgrade the vacuums with an Eco Charge (I think that’s the name) to work off the grid, and the retro style vac, with the bag isn’t very expensive at all.

@Pamtastic72 Which to me is not the same as adding an actual broom or feather duster that works without "Eco charge". It kind of sounds like they were trying to get out of making off the grid items.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options

@Pamtastic72 Which to me is not the same as adding an actual broom or feather duster that works without "Eco charge". It kind of sounds like they were trying to get out of making off the grid items.

As I said in my other post, we still have magic pocket mops. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @Pamtastic72 - Haha didn't even think of that sponge mop. I was thinking more of an old style mop, but I get your point.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Has anyone noticed that the kit doesn't even have Swifters?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Actually they already have a mop, not sure if you can use it to mop up dust but it's always been there for puddles

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_0Dwz-CCHQlytRAV2aCLpzRs2qT8Xt2SWlg&usqp=CAU

A broom could've been nice though, there's already a mesh for it and it could just use the mopping animation
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    We need brooms for the medieval Dust Bunnies for sure. It will be a completely different animation, OBVIOUSLY, so I’m not surprised that they’re not part of this kit. It would have been nice if they were. I agree on that part.

Perhaps a broom will be added in a future ( farming? / medieval? ) pack. It’ll act similar to the way those Rumba Zumba disks work from cats & dogs. They can now bust the dust if that bust the dust kit is installed. Without it they just kinda...clean something. Cat Hair? Dog Puke? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the kit doesn't even have Swifters?
    What are Swifters?! It must be obvious that I don’t clean my house enough. 😂

• Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Actually they already have a mop, not sure if you can use it to mop up dust but it's always been there for puddles

A broom could've been nice though, there's already a mesh for it and it could just use the mopping animation

@Onverser - Yeah I forgot about that. I was thinking more of an old style mop haha.
  • Options
    MeiMeiMeilingMeiMeiMeiling Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes , I recently just got this and was upset by not seeing a broom or simple feather duster , seeing as I am doing a historical challenge it was fun. ... Especially to give the kids something to do instead of painting my floors 🙈💖😅 But now I had to turn off the dust in their world until a broom and duster is added to the patch ... Or until they hit the 20s the Dust bowl 😹😹😹😹😹😹😹 please update it into a patch
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Swifters are duster that can be used to wash the floor, dusting the hard-to-reach places & dusting furniture. We Canadians have them.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Swifters are duster that can be used to wash the floor, dusting the hard-to-reach places & dusting furniture. We Canadians have them.

Ah yes I checked them out. I have one of those. Over here we call that a mop. I think we call anything that can clean the floor with water a mop. 😅
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    The entire kit could have been in Laundry Day, tbh.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If someone is interested, Zero has a new mod. He added a broom to clean the dust. I have downloaded it but haven't tried yet.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes I completly agree, I would personally prefered if the team had put more effort in creating a (cleaning) kit with less bugs and added a broom instead of making dust bunnies with emotions. A broom is also something that I've seen be highly requested by Historical/off the grid players (I'm not one of them but I think it's an adequate request, and it’s something that I personally would have used). We also already have a broom as a wall decoration from Laudry day SP, this could have been updated to be usable (I always welcome decoration/clutter items to be usable).

This is objects that I would have seen in Dust the Bust kit:
    1. Broom (use on floor/rug = will clean the surface and generate dust piles that you can to throw in the trash / use as fertilizer. Pick up with hands / shovel).
    2. Smaller broom with shovell (you need to empty this regularly)

@Calico45 I often clean my rugs by using a broom +shovel, haha but I don't know if that’s weird though. :D
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    it will come in a kit specifically for brooms, you know if they added them on the dust kit ea would be losing money
    too much content on a single pack ya know B)
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »

It doesn’t work on the dust. I spent 2 hours testing off the grid options the other day. Vacs don’t work w/o solar panels or windmills and the option to mop doesn’t appear without puddles and even at that they don’t clean the dust. You can toss dust piles in the trash and stomp bunnies and fiends but the dusty film is permanent if you’re otg. I made an AHQ thread hoping to get it fixed. The link is in my signature.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes to broom.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    When I saw the title of this thread I immediately agreed, and then I remembered real life sweeping. While fine on wood or stone or tile (or anything not carpet) a broom would be useless on carpet. On the other hand, a vacuum can do all floors even if it isn't necessary on hard flooring.

Yet, you can somehow magically mop a carpet. Or the lawn. Hmmm... :/