Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Hopefully the kit is something Summer related... perhaps related to pools? B)
    Can't wait to see what the GP update is too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Hopefully it's pool items.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    @simgirl1010 thanks for letting us know. I wonder what the kit will be.

When does this season endsaccording to someone in the state where the devs live? Here it is generally said summer end on September 21st, so that would still be quite a while.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited August 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »

When does this season ends according to someone in the state where the devs live? Here it is generally said summer end on September 21st, so that would still be quite a while.

California is no different (seasonally speaking) than the rest of the world. Fall begins on the date you listed. But, it all depends, really, on what the devs consider, and what deadline they set for themselves, no?

As for what's coming, I'm both at once, excited and leery. It's taken way too long for me to fully resume gameplay due to the three months in a row of patches. As soon as the mods I use get updated or are deemed compatible, BOOM we're hit with yet another patch. Oi! While I do appreciate the Devs being on top of the fixes with patches, still, it is wearisome. I play my game to relax and right now the World is on fire. Just hearing on my radio (local news) there's been a shooting in my city. Yikes. Time to power up my game and lose myself to the Sims, for a bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Judging by the GIF I'd hazard a guess that it's a pool related kit.
    @catloverplayer should be glad. :smile:

(Of course I could be wrong, it could be a space related kit and those Sims are simply playing with the anti-gravity feature :wink:).
    Well...alright then. :lol:

Thank you for posting these @simgirl1010, I don't have so likely wouldn't have seen these, so it's very appreciated.
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    Then what was the GIF for?!?
    Archie128 wrote: »

It may have just been a generic Summer GIF?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    oh come on I was spooked i missed the announcement and got all excited

but they still keeping hush hush over what it actually about

dang it just tell already

well at least they confirmed kit is coming soon
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Archie128 wrote: »

To mess with us. :D
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

When does this season endsaccording to someone in the state where the devs live? Here it is generally said summer end on September 21st, so that would still be quite a while.

They could be going by the official end of summer. But for some reason, my intuition is telling me they might do it before Labor Day weekend, which is sort of the unofficial end of summer in the US, and I believe it falls on the first weekend in September this year. So maybe the Tuesday before that?

I have no really solid basis for thinking that, except from a project management point of view, they would be able to push out the last of the summer content, enjoy their holiday weekend, and then come back rested and refreshed to work on the last few phases of the new content for the fall.

I don't work in games development, but I do manage employees, and it's what I would do.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

(Of course I could be wrong, it could be a space related kit and those Sims are simply playing with the anti-gravity feature :wink:).

But…that would make me so happy… 🥺

Next kit please Gurus! Let's make @CAPTAIN_NXR7 happy!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Next kit please Gurus! Let's make @CAPTAIN_NXR7 happy!

Haha! That’s the spirit! 👍🏼😂
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    The Sims 4 turns 7 years old on September 2 so maybe the pack refresh then. 🤔
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    SimGuruNinja talked about the 'last days' of Summer so that sounds like they might be counting the end of August as the end of Summer?

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Maybe they're refreshing Outdoor Retreat since it was the first Sims 4 pack released.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Maybe they're refreshing Outdoor Retreat since it was the first Sims 4 pack released.

I hope so. It would make so much more sense for a refresh than Spa Day.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja talked about the 'last days' of Summer so that sounds like they might be counting the end of August as the end of Summer?

They're probably associating the "end of summer" with kids going back to school (end of summer holidays for the kiddies)...?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »

They're probably associating the "end of summer" with kids going back to school (end of summer holidays for the kiddies)...?

I think that SimGurus use meteorological seasons when talking about development/releases. Meaning that autumn is September the 1st — November the 30th in Northern hemisphere.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Homeschool Kit would be great where parents have the in-game option to not send kids to school. They receive a tablet or computer to attend class remotely & submit homework online (Logic skill building). And it should be individual, so one child can go to school while the other child stays home (or vice versa).

Then again, just refresh Parenthood to include homeschool, change homework to Logic skill building & create the OPTION (toggle on/off) for all those kid advice popups. Not every sim wants to be the Super Parent.

A Logic Kit, while I'm on the subject, would make this skill more fun to master: games like Catan or Scrabble, small Lego set for adults & kids, jigsaw floor puzzles. Sims put them in their inventory to save house space or use at other lots. Maybe add a new TV channel or phone games like Sudoku or Monument Valley that play on all devices. When Sims 4 started, I could not believe that sims were unable to develop logic on the computer or phone.

Game Pack that needs the most help: Dine Out. Instead of enabling sims to bond with others over a meal, it's a stressful, lousy experience. Your sim goes to brunch & by the time the order has been cooked/eaten/paid for, it's 8pm? This time she goes out with friends, no one stays at the assigned table, no one eats their food, no one shows up? Better yet, she get asked out by her boyfriend, but she has to pay? And lastly, the perfect dinner served in a timely manner with excellent food & good conversation. She goes home happy & wakes up fat.

So, please Sims team, overhaul the meal/appetizer calories, total dining time and weird townie intrusion (the uninvited stalk your table, all meal long). While you're at it, a smaller gourmet chef station would be nice. So hard trying to fit the existing in home kitchens to serve experimental dishes. And let's refresh the Drink menu to include a champagne flute of bubbles. It'd be great for our brunches, promotions, receptions, graduations.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In the U.S. Summer is usually considered to begin Memorial Day weekend which is the weekend leading into the last Monday in May and it’s considered to end on Labor Day weekend which is the weekend leading into the first Monday in September, so my guess is that the pack refresh and the kit will be announced either tomorrow or Tuesday next week. Since Labor Day weekend this year is September 4-6. So, while you have lots of good ideas @JunkyPoem my guess is the pack refresh patch and the kit are likely already pretty much finished at the point.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yeah, well hope they've chosen another game pack instead of Outdoor Retreat. It does what's it supposed to do. There's not much to refresh: lake swimming, making more items work off the grid, CAS updates. There's hardly anything wrong with it when you compare it to the EA bug reports & glitches for game packs like Dine Out.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm hoping it's cas items or gameplay objects