Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amusing book title parodies

Has anyone come up with some creative and amusing book titles and descriptions for writer careers? I noticed many of the ones already in the game are tweaks of existing books such as The Lord of the Swings (Lord of the Rings), The Frequently Ending Story (Neverending Story) and The Glutton Spiel (Hunger Games), so I thought I'd make a few of my own when I joined the Freelancer writing career. Here's a few of my own:

Dorie in Adventureland (Children's)
Dorie follows a unicorn through a portal into an alternate world full of adventure.

Just Malcolm (Children's)
The pranks and misgivings of a teenager called Malcolm and his renegade friends.

Five-Second Bedtime Stories (Children's)
Young readers will be whisked away to over 50 new and exciting five-second adventures designed to quickly entertain.

The World Without Autonomy (Non-Fiction)
What would the world be like if we had no free will of our own, would an invisible hand guide us to do every day things and interactions?

Nothing to do About Something (Romance)
Four people fall in love, then they don't, then they fall in love again. Nothing happens and everyone is left hanging in a limbo.

Comments

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Those are clever, I like the descriptions too.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My sister got tongetied over "Tigers Don't Take Naps" and what came out of her mouth was "Tigers Don't Wear Pants." This then became a children's book when my sim started writing. Then it became an in-joke, and spawned titles like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Pants" (screenplay) and so on.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    I can’t remember if this was in-game or if I made it up, but the writer in my freeplay save had a hit romance novel either called Love in the Time of Llamas, or Love in the Time of Rodent Fever, can’t remember which one it was. There was also a children’s book which I lovingly called Growing Up Sucks.
    they/them or she/her
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    bwahah I like Nothing to Do about Something
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hairy Potplant - A young boy receives a plant from his uncle, and instead of leaves, it grows hair...long, luxurious hair. Now the race is on to stop the deadly split ends.

The Big Boat That Might - Tugs is a lazy boat. If you give him something to do, he just might do it...or he might not, it just depends.

Jessie Wrote - A young girl learns of secrets going on within her neighborhood, but instead of doing anything about them, she simply writes fantastical tales of a more interesting girl.

Shovels - A detention camp ships young boys out into the desert and hands them what are clearly weapons...then...get this...they only have one unarmed person watch over and lob insults at them.

The Thieving Bush - A bush gets fed up with people taking its berries, so it decides it's time to take some things in exchange.

The Receiver - Some guy is giving out free cures for colour-blindness. This is the story of one guy who avoided getting it until the reviews came in.

Cowardly Little Blender - Did you hear about the blender who screamed every time it heard a loud noise? What? What was that? I can't hear you over this milkshake I'm whipping up...and that godawful screaming.

Rat Pimples - I bet you didn't think I could write a 200-page book about rats dealing with acne.

The Jake Documents - Jake works in an office as a file clerk. This is a recounting of how he organised a stack of documents one time.

Vampires Wear Whatever They Want - Some kids think their school faculty are monsters, and it's up to the faculty to prove them wrong. They aren't "monsters"...that's a derogatory term. "Mortal-adjacent" is a much nicer way to refer to them.

Art! Ya Missed!! Foul!!! - A kid who's bad at sports goes on to be bad at stealing things, too.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    One of my sims wrote a three-part series of mystery novels inspired by the pandemic:

Spike Protein: Private Eye
    Spike Protein: The Mask of Corona
    Spike Protein: The Delta Variant

Word really got around about the books, which had an infectious enthusiasm in the main character.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Comedy books, You Can't Tune A Fish; Fly, There's A Waiter In My Soup; A Funny Thing Happened On The Way.
    Children's books, Criss In Boots, Criss In Boots Goes To School, Criss In Boots Makes Friends, you get the picture.
    Mystery, Murder On The Llama Express, Freezer Bunny Crime Cases.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    Love all these. :D Figured I'd share the rest I made:

Cinderbella (Children's)
    A young girl forced to work as a maid by her evil step-mother desires to meet with and attend a dinner party at a rich mans' mansion.

A Bear Called Blarrfy (Children's)
    Blarffy had traveled all the way from Egypt and since then things have never been the same as ordinary things had become extraordinary.

The Llama, the Witch, and the Closet (Fantasy)
    Three children play hide and seek inside a closet that opens into a new world of a talking llama and gnomes under threat by an evil witch.

Journey to Nimbus Gardens (Fantasy)
    When Voidcritter Collector Ashley visits a magical garden his journey turns into the adventure of a lifetime.

The One Second Manager (Motivational)
    One Second Goals, One Second Praisings, and One Second Reprimands.

Doctor What? (Sci-fi)
    A mystical gentleman travels through time and space with his companions in an old refridgerator which is inexplicably smaller on the inside.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    @geekgirl101 adding on to your doctor what :lol:

Nurse Where? (Sci-Fi)
    The story of the lovely partner of a mystical gentleman who may or may not travel through time and space. Who knows anymore?
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I mean honestly I would love to read some of these books for real. :D
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Nurse Where? (Sci-Fi)
    The story of the lovely partner of a mystical gentleman who may or may not travel through time and space. Who knows anymore?
    Doctor What? (Sci-fi)
    A mystical gentleman travels through time and space with his companions in an old refridgerator which is inexplicably smaller on the inside.
    @Mizzila1297
    Doctor "Whom" - A neurotic, self-proclaimed "doctor" from the planet Lexicon travels through time and space, correcting everyone's speech.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Nurse Where? (Sci-Fi)
    Doctor What? (Sci-fi)
    @Mizzila1297
    Doctor "Whom" - A neurotic, self-proclaimed "doctor" from the planet Lexicon travels through time and space, correcting everyone's speech.

Kapaldi? 😆😆
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Diego Lobo wrote these art criticism books this week
    book-titles.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I try to put myself into the writer’s shoes and come up with a topic they might write about. For example, a rich and snobby sim was writing a sad book, so I called it, The Caviar Went Bad Before We Got To It. Or it could be referencing something that happened recently in their life that I will remember when I see the book title. Sometimes biographies are written describing sims in the family like Madelyn Lawson: Focused on Yoga and then I always remember that sim was really into yoga.

I did one parody, Silence of the Llamas. And if I am not feeling creative, I name it one of the fake movie titles in Seinfeld. There’s Prognosis Negative; Death Blow; Cry, Cry Again and a bunch more I like to use.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think I had A Tree Grows in Windenburg and Windenburg, Have I Loved. I had a writer in Windenburg. I don't remember the others but I know that Salim Benali is a fantasy writer with multiple titles revolving around dragons and GOT references. I'm not remembering the others right now and would need to look. I nearly always have clever names though. Several writers have written chronicles of their town histories.

Among the already published books, there are definitely references to GOT with names like A Game of Groans and one based on A Song of Ice and Fire. There are also a few that appear to be based on Twi.lig.ht. I think my favorite book titles though are Gentleman Corgi: A Memoir and Ode to Stimulating Vibrato.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I’ve occasionally come up with punny names for books, but I can’t remember any of them right now. Some of these are brilliant!!
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    You are all so creative. I usually just rearrange the titles that are offered up. I'm going to have to rethink my strategy since I have an up and coming author in this generation. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    A title I remember from the 60s, "Lost Treasures" by U. Tryenfindem.