The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THINGS we want to see in 2023!!

Comments

• EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I also would like to see 80’s clothes and hairstyles for men and women. Along with an world like Egypt with camel rides, and pyramids as well as a Sphinx and colorful homes, and an ancient marketplace (think The Sims 4: City Living marketplace but ancient) with museums with mummies. How about a Greece like world too like I mentioned before? Where you can ride the gondola boats, eat pasta and pizza at a restaurant, and get your sims' portrait done by Sim artists, visit colusseums like the ones from Rome? I have seen a Greece like world mentioned in the Sims 4 thread by someone in the "The Sims" forum.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Vibrating bed and pizza oven on your list would be great.

Infant stuff- mat, car seat, stroller, swing, passy ect
    Toddler- walker, play pen, ride ons, rag doll,
    Kids- baby doll, china doll
    Arcade machines
    Gambling machines
    Sculptor machine
    More goth stuff/clothes
    Belly diamond/chain, men body hair

Exercise equipment-. Large ball, chin up bar, stationary bike, skier/ fitness flyer, step up

Playground equipment- riders for toddlers, merry-go-round, ect
  • DanielGalaxy92DanielGalaxy92 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2021
    -the menu of traits does not jump up when making a selection
    -the menu of like and dislikes does not jump up when making a selection
    -likes are shown in green in the Sim menu. dislikes are shown in red in the Sim menu.

-creatures like and dislikes. This determines the positive or negative treatment of these Sims.
    -food like and dislikes, e.g. Pizza and grilled cheese
    -career likes and dislikes. These also determine wishes for accepting this career.
    -Animals likes and dislikes. And more Animals.

-love likes and dislikes like sims 2. So the turners on and off.
    Post edited by DanielGalaxy92 on
    Carpets do not become see-through when lifted

Swim in ponds
    Ice skating on ponds
    Ice skating ability

terrain tool
    - a no routing / routing tool. you can mark in the terrain,
    where the Sims can't go you can mark in the terrain,
    which paths the Sims will especially go. the routing tool works
    also in rooms.
    - A tool like in Sims 2 and 3 to match the wall height with the terrain

likes / dislikes have an impact on televisions, books and mirrors
    likes / dislikes influence wishes

career likes / dislikes
    - influence the relationship to each other. at dislike crime and
    the other is a criminal, the sim is quickly an enemy
    career likes / dislikes influence the desires

creatures likes / dislikes
    the same as with career likes / dislikes, for example with robots and plantsim.

if you already have several Sims for an NPC role in the game, become these alternate as with the salesman role.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Idk what pack would fit this but maybe they could make a whole expansion pack that adds stuff for babies, toddlers, and kids.

Tricycle, bikes, roller blading, trampolines, new after school activities (choir, sports team, debate club, mathletes, swim team), Daycare lot type, Daycare worker career, strollers, play pens, kitchen set, tree house, rocking horse, Sleepover event, kids can play tag and hopscotch, more playground equipment, train set, imaginary friends.

I think I would love a pack like this. I'm not sure if it's enough for an expansion pack but because game packs are more focused on one thing I think an expansion would make more sense and would be more likely to add everything everyone wants for kids in sims 4.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Clarity88Clarity88 Posts: 11 New Member
    Things I would love to see added to Sims 4: :smiley:

-Outdoor build mode items including things like a trampoline, porch swing, tree houses, tree with a tire swing, and outdoor games for kids interacting together such as tag, playing catch, frisbee, etc.

-More instruments! I would especially love the introduction of a harp, cello, flute, clarinet, trumpet, and saxophone.

-Window blinds in various colors/styles as an option for window coverings

-More Game options such as arcade games, a pool table, board games, etc.

-Spiral staircases

-Some basic wedding customization options and the ability to invite a Sim's fiance's friends/family even if the Sim doing the wedding planning doesn't have a relationship with them

-The ability for sick Sims to go to the doctor in Get to Work, similar to how sick pets can go to the vet in Cats and Dogs

-After-school clubs, organizations, and sports for kids and teenagers. I really like @kaiwrysim's above idea!

-More baby nursery items in Build mode

-Roaring 20s, Victorian, or Medieval-inspired stuff packs

-My Sims seem to be obsessed with grilling, and they also seem to be unable to detect when grilled food items have spoiled. Some sort of patch or change to this would be nice.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Pottery wheel
    670px-Hobby_Arts_and_Crafts.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    A proper world progression. No one marries, no one has babies, no one cheats/divorces(drama aspect), no one grows, sims don't discus the mishaps or growth of other sims. We need wedding lot type, other sims can invite your sims to weddings, bridesmaids, best man, even baby showers. Things that connect your sim with other sims and vice versa. If a sims partner is suspected of cheating they should be able to discus their life with other sims. If you put your adult sons or daughters into home of their own they won't progress and they can just vanish from the world. The world is so bland right now, it all feels like a facade in terms of gameplay. The CAS and build mode is good, but core gameplay has distanced me over past year. I CAS place them in a home, or even build a starter home, then hit exit. The story progression mod is cool and all, thanks to modder for doing it but its not professionally done up to par that EA studios could give their title.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Also townies need to match their outfits atleast somewhat! Also no more celebs showing up in middle of nowhere on every lot you're on. Practical update concepts that fit and tie in with base game. I just want quality of life updates that flesh out the basegame... I have enough EP's etc.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited August 2021
    Well, with Cottage Living there's some things:

Hobbies and enthusiasm system, including sewing, pottery and jewelry

Lawn mowers and swimming pool customization: round edges, filters and cleaning gameplay, bar

A new life stage, either pre-teens or mid adults

Spiral stairs and more options for roof/attic building

Nectar making
    Post edited by Mak27 on
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I would like to see some fantasy stuff like clothing, armor, bb objects, walls, occults, etc.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2021
    More hobbies and a shopping centre/nail salon that Sims can actually visit. This was someone else's idea but would really love to see it in the game. I use CC to get my Sims some nice nails so it'd be nice to give them the option to get their nails done.
    Also some more occults would be nice too.

Another thing; the babies could do with a re-vamp. Before their birthday it'd be pretty cool to be able to see them learn to sit up, crawl and then take their first steps before turning into a toddler. Or if that can't be done, then just generally making them a bit more interactive.
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    A MALL LIKE PBG MALL...

frJZNie.png
    -HARRY POTTER EXPANSION PACK!!!! PLEASEE HARRY POTTER PACK!!
    - You could have quests to complete like in the strangerville pack
    - You could interact with main characters from the books such as Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore, McGonagle, and even
    Voldemort
    -Disney World Expansion pack or amusement parks
    -Hotel pack
    -Cliff diving
    -Cars that the sims can drive!
    -A school expansion pack
    - Go to pre-k, Elementary, and High school with the sim
    - Have a choice between home school, public school, or private school
    - Have your sim complete tasks throughout the school day similar to working in get to work
    - Go to different lessons or subjects throughout the school day
    - Go to the cafeteria for lunch and order food or bring in lunch
    - Participate in after school activities such as sports and clubs
    - Join marching band, Cheerleading team, dance team ect.
    - For homeschooling you can choose to have the parent be the teacher or hire a home school teacher
    - More ages to play as!!!!!
    - Babies, toddlers, young child (5-7), child (8-11), pre-teen(12-15), teen(16-18), young adult, adult, elderly.
    - Different heights for sims. We need more heights to play with!! Not every child, adult, or teen is the same height in real life!
    - More body types for children and babies
    - MORE HAIR COLOR OPTIONS!!!! We need highlights, we need fun colors, we need more shades of every color!!!!
    - More pinterest style furniture! We need more color options for thing and more things that match, it is so hard trying to find different pieces of
    furniture that i like together that match!
    - To be able to swim in all of the bodies of water and not just the beaches. I wish my sims could go into the lakes or ponds!
    - To look wet when they come out of the water!
    - Makeup for children!
    - Beauty pageants!!
    - Have toddlers, kids, teens, and young adults compete in pageants or modeling
    - Have this pack come with pageant dresses, makeup, and hairstyles!
    - Sims can compete in a beauty category, talent, and interview
    - Sims can win trophies, crowns and money!

I think the whole Harry Potter pack is not going to happen because JK Rowling is transphobic and refuses to apologize for her being transphobic.

edited August 2021
    What build/buy objects do you want to see in 2021 and forward? What is your personal list? I want to see these things:
    • Pool table
    • MTS_riotmaker-303129-Pooltable.JPG
    • Picnic
    • sims-3-cok-oynanan-oyun-durmaplay.jpg
    • Pizza oven (to make your own pizza)
    • Thumbnail_300x300.png
    • Vibrating heart bed (100% chance for baby)
    • Sims_web.jpg&quality=70&width=808
    • Tree houses
    • ca6213e9bc5c81f377e5fd02584aa6a916e4b5f0_large.jpg
    • Rodeo riding
    • maxresdefault.jpg

All of these plus Photo Booths,Porch Swings,Cars,Pool Slides and Pool Waterfalls.

I would love to have photo booths in the game as well as porch swings and the vibrating bed, though.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would love to see new options in art products that Sims already make, like new genres in books, add genres to video games you make, etc, or a way to make an immortal witch.
  • MCLight23MCLight23 Posts: 2 New Member
    I’d love to have more build modes. Like platforms in pools, steps/stairs for pools (more modern and contemporary), leveling the pool depth, diving boards, waterfalls, inground jacuzzi/tubs (could merge into the pool or a draw jacuzzi like for pools), curves (in general… pool, walls,) etc .. Maybe an Intelligent Home stuff pack, like sliding doors, electric shades, home appliances in wall such as oven, microwave, coffee machine. Bringing back the elevators… and the last one … the cars and garages doors… still waiting for cars
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    A small, simple thing, but I wish the phone got a makeover, it's so clunky and ugly.

I also wish we could get more voice presets, three for one gender is very little and limiting, and it gets kinda boring to hear the same voices all the time.

I would also like many, many more aspirations. The athlete branch still only has one aspiration - bodybuilder - and there isn't really anything for lazy sims who don't want to really do anything.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I also want to see hammocks that are functional.
    We got hammocks in Sims Mobile...
    E8rHjllXMAM6HwN?format=jpg&name=large
    a256aFi.gif
  • GacktSamaGacktSama Posts: 4 New Member
    I kinda miss the zombies D:
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Brooms for bust the dust. I can't say this enough. It kills immersion if you're in a Victorian or other non-modern world.

AI robots, possibly playable, maybe bring back SimBots.

Bring back Sims 3 Bonehilda

Chemistry skill. Strangerville could have used this when making the vaccine.

Mad science skill with bizarre inventions/creatures.

Home remedy/ Medicine skill. Useful for taking care of those colds. Honestly I think Sims should stay sick for a few days instead of a few hours.

Pet rabbits you can adopt, feed, take to the vet, etc

Occasional Resistance/New Order wars taking place in random parts of worlds that are not Batuu

Cops and robbers to enter the game again. Like the thief in the night from Sims 3, or cops coming to pick up your criminal Sim

A larger and more developed vampire hierarchy. Becoming Grand Master Vampire simply by reading a series of books? And remove the plasma fruit- makes things too easy. Maybe just remake the vampire world... And please don't tell me that a vampire shouldn't bite without permission. Let vampire hunters or some other justice system deal with it.

Ability to have vampires become witches and witches become vampires

Vampire hunters running around. How come only we get to do that?

Political stuff- like we have politicians. Have the rest of us vote on who we want, sort of like we do in eco lifestyle. Politicians will most likely not represent real political parties.

Get Famous to no longer be nerfed

And, yeah, definitely add zombies. This could be an expansion on its own. Maybe a world with run down buildings and weapons for zombie hunting. Don't kill zombies, perhaps, I doubt EA will do it, but they could use tasers, nets, or some other makeshift trap to capture them.

It's a lot for 2021, but even if they could just do one of these...
  • BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    Everyone on this discussion has such great ideas, I think it's awesome and I really hope that a lot of the ideas become reality.

I'd like to express some more ideas on actual gameplay rather than items. My favorite part is building and decorating as there is so many options already. But when it comes down to actual gameplay I always fall into the same ruts, trying to build skills really quickly to get that promotion. Once fully promoted I have way to much money I don't even know what to do anymore. I love that the creators added the story mode when creating sims to give them different head starts but I think this can be improved:

- Example 1. On the personality quiz there is a question "What's the best way to celebrate my big family reunion" answers can be 1. Enjoying Grandma's cooking, 2. Taking a family photo, 3. Avoiding my Crazy uncle. Now I know these answers help with traiting the Sim but it would be really cool if there actually was family reunions in the sims and depending on your answer you had specific goals during the occasion such as trying to get a family photo, or taste all the food samples, or run away from the uncle.

- Example 2. " My child has a recital tomorrow, how do I prepare?" Answers are 1. Make sure I have film, 2. Help them practice chords or 3. Tune my violin for a duet. I would LOVE if recitals were added for children and teens for school. Wouldn't it be great to help your child practice or try to capture a picture of the moment. Depending on their skill level it could be a confident photo or embarrassing photo that the child/teen can try to destroy..

There is so many ways to improve gameplay beyond just creating a Sim from stories. I feel traits need to do more and there needs to be more focus on children and teens.

-For children and teens every weekday is the same and there is ALWAYS homework. Depending on the traits: add in recitals, drama play, bake sales, sporting tournaments, detention, spelling bees. Get the parents more involved with helping practice, study, bake, or attend games, recitals and plays.. etc.
    -Add prom for teens, they could ask or be asked to prom. Parents could chaperone.
    - Add summer holidays with camps or summer school depending on marks. Or they can work in the summer doing odd jobs for neighbors.
    If 2 Sims are supposed to get food out of the fridge at the same time, they don't interfere with each other. The interactions are no longer canceled. Sims take something one at a time.
  • DaveinWDaveinW Posts: 2 New Member
    I want everything you listed but I would also love if they could refresh the packs we already own like. Nail polish since we already own it can we make it usable to go with spa days feet and hand chair by being able to do manicure and pedicures and get famous has a bueaty salon chair but I would love to see the makeover transformation like a real salon elders should be able to retire teens should be able to learn how to drive like the sims 3 we should have cars even if we rabbit hole some destinations we should be able to attend our child or teen graduation being that they made an outfit for that and school including getting accepted into private schools and more fight and couple fight interactions and toddler's should cry when parents fight and todflers can snatch baby bottles from other toddlers hand toddlers should have strollers again and toy kitchen for toddlers and children bring it back we already cook together more baby hair layouts for more than just the box braid hairstyles for ponytails too and female sim waist adjustments if I wanna give nicki Minaj sim a wide hips and fake eyelashes nails in CAS I should be able to on the ps5 just like computers ive been playing sims for every console down to ps2 sims 2 bustin out ps3 sims 3 sims mobile sims freeplay and now I own sims 4 for ps5 and ps4 I own almost every expansion pack there is we need these improvements PLEASE EA maxis sims guru we beg you more CC for the home lots for free we pay alot for these pack as loyal simmers we should get what computer players gameplay on the console ps5 please make some to all these changed to make our gameplay REALER PLEASE🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞✌🤗🤗🤗
  • DaveinWDaveinW Posts: 2 New Member
    And more plan a social events like baby shower party with a pack for new expecting mother's pool party graduation ceremony wedding renewal retirement party and sweet 16