Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Island Living and Snowy Escape Refresh

Β«1
Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
If these two EPs of Island Living and Snowy Escape needed a refresh, Here's what we should expect:

- Resorts and Hotels Neighborhood in Mt. Komorebi and Sulani

Any suggestions are welcome.
Post edited by Carl_Veluz1992 on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Hammocks, a working tea set, and stone garden.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    mermaid update
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    more stuff to do with merfolk
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Underwater lot/ scuba diving/ more mermaid stuff
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I can't see any way they would add in hotels in a refresh. I mean I could be wrong of course, but it's a fairly highly requested feature that would have a lot of lot building and coding to do. I can't see they won't release it as a GP or the big selling point of an EP.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I doubt we'd get any new lots, but Mt. Komorebi sorely needs it. Even if you convert some of the rental lots, there's very little room to do anything, develop the world or create a bunch of families. And most of the lots are either way too small, or way too big.

Island Living needs everything Island Paradise had, except for the routing issues.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    If these two EPs of Island Living and Snowy Escape needed a refresh, Here's what we should expect:

- Resorts and Hotels Neighborhood in Mt. Komorebi and Sulani

Any suggestions are welcome.

While it would be nice if they added them in a free patch, if they bring hotels and resorts, it will likely be in a game pack.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited August 2021
    Island Living:

2 sims being able to use same boat and do cuddly cuddly things on them

couples floatie = for same purposes

couples towels for sunbathing
    so they can also turn into cuddly fun too!

group floatie... ?
    it could also have some drinks

mermaids singing for longer time

more items mermaids can show their tail on and mermaidy furniture

the building behind village center being useable cause it really bugs me it isn't but :/

+
    hula dance
    hammocks
    surfing?

Snowy Escape:

no blanket version of low table

ability to have seats only on one side of low table (1-2 seats) so we could use them as desks too and fit them to smaller spaces

better sleeping animation for kotatsu (sims don't sit up awkwardly straight but rather lean on table or fall down to sleep on floor) (idk it just looks so off sitting straight like that)

japanese indoors fire pit (irori)

round japanese windows and matching rounded pocket door

actual stone garden as activity

traditional dance and instrument would have been nice

+all tea sets in game to function as actual means to get tea like drink tray way but that would definitely need to be base game at this point

+open water everywhere for IL but also it should be base game for obvious reasons
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Island Living:

2 sims being able to use same boat and do cuddly cuddly things on them

couples floatie = for same purposes

couples towels for sunbathing
    so they can also turn into cuddly fun too!

group floatie... ?
    it could also have some drinks

mermaids singing for longer time

more items mermaids can show their tail on and mermaidy furniture

the building behind village center being useable cause it really bugs me it isn't but :/

+
    hula dance
    hammocks
    surfing?

Snowy Escape:

no blanket version of low table

ability to have seats only on one side of low table (1-2 seats) so we could use them as desks too and fit them to smaller spaces

better sleeping animation for kotatsu (sims don't sit up awkwardly straight but rather lean on table or fall down to sleep on floor) (idk it just looks so off sitting straight like that)

japanese indoors fire pit (irori)

round japanese windows and matching rounded pocket door

actual stone garden as activity

traditional dance and instrument would have been nice

+all tea sets in game to function as actual means to get tea like drink tray way but that would definitely need to be base game at this point

+open water everywhere for IL but also it should be base game for obvious reasons

Yes to all.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Island Living

- Surfing a beach without surfing is not a beach I care to visit.

- I hate to say this since I couldn't care less about Mermaids but seriously where's the diving lot why did they even bother adding such a useless life state to make it even more useless.

- Volleyball net

- Resort/Hotel system which works with other packs like Dine Out and Spa Day for you can have restaurants and a spa in them if you decide to

Snowy Escape

- Add animation to ski lift enough of the poofing

- More lots

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Island Living

- Surfing a beach without surfing is not a beach I care to visit.

- I hate to say this since I couldn't care less about Mermaids but seriously where's the diving lot why did they even bother adding such a useless life state to make it even more useless.

- Volleyball net

- Resort/Hotel system which works with other packs like Dine Out and Spa Day for you can have restaurants and a spa in them if you decide to

Snowy Escape

- Add animation to ski lift enough of the poofing

- More lots

What if they added wind surfing like TS3 Island Paradise had?
    Something else I'd love to see added in Island Living would be jet ski boats that two sims could use. One driving and the other skiing on the back like in Island Paradise and of course interactions in the boat together like fishing,a picnic basket,kissing,cuddling and woohooing.
    edited August 2021
    Something else I'd love to see added in Island Living would be jet ski boats that two sims could use.

Oh how could I miss that one

i tried so hard and got so far...
    But in the end i didn't even remember...

also love the idea of boat picnics

or if we had our sims make rafts.... and then had picnics and stargazing and tanning and cuddling on those... oh its perfect
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Surfing is actually a really good idea. We need more sports, it'd give us a reason to explore ths islands (to look for good waves), we could film videos for cash, and we could have competitions and use them as an alternative way to earn money. Sims could train every day or week, which would be a nice and unique change to the daily grind.

It's not a big change in lifestyle like farming, but it would liven up Sulani amd make it more fun.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2021
    A dive lot for underwater exploration with mermaids or diving with human sims.
    I don't care if it's a SINGLE "secret" lot like Sixam and via a loading screen, mermaids that cannot go underwater are awful.
    Pool mermaids from TS4 really need to go.

The ocean needs to extend further from the shore as well. At the moment we can only go around circles in a very shallow beach tier area.

Other worlds pre IL also need to have bodies of water/oceans swimmable. The Sims 3 already did it in a free update, why can't TS4? It's absurd having a newer game that appears to be less technologically advanced than an older one.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Don't forget Ava Max as a mermaid with her songs "Everytime I Cry" and "So Am I" re-recorded in Simlish ;)
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 2021
    An Island Living Update would be a good opportunity (most of my suggestions has already been said):

- Surfing (Mermaids would have a special variant where they surf on their tail). The fact that my Sims can't paddle out and surf back to shore is a loss, but maybe it's too inconvenient when you have a house on the lot, possibly out on the water too.

- Two Sims on a boat (be it friendly or romantic).

- Improved Mermaids = the interaction "Dive for the depths" for fun (and if used with another mermaid, increase social meter as well). Give the Mermaid the ability to summon sharks (and have them chase Sims), and to drag a Sim down into the ocean to turn them into a mermaid (the Sim in question can ask the mermaid to turn them if the friendship is high enough). Underwater makeout and ocean woohooing - will work with non-mermaids if they're a vampire or the mermaid has bestowed a temporary ability to breathe underwater on the Sim.

- Sharks. Have them show up in a fouler mood more often during storms. And if they're not gonna eat your Sims during said foul mood, have them chase anyone that isn't a mermaid out of the water, including jetskis. (I hear Sims can be consumed by flies in Eco Lifestyle, and by the Cowplants so why not a shark?)
    -
    - Allow my Sim to leave his jetski in the water when he's done, instead of repeatedly getting off and on until he realizes he must place it in his pockets.
    -
    - Placeable hammock, either on its own or between two palmtrees.

- Team play interaction for children and up - tossing a coconut back and forth. Watch your head! (or risk a dizzy afternoon with the new Knocked out by Coconut moodlet).
    Post edited by NightwalkerArkanis on

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    For Snowy Escape, I would want the Japanese tea ceremony, kimonos, anime channel and creative Asian cocktails like a Singapore Sling, sake, Japanese whisky, etc.

For Island Living, I would also want surfing and other sports. More pool and beach games would make sense.

I want functioning hotels but I honestly want multiple themes from different regions - maybe a resort with pirates and a Caribbean theme. I feel like that could be a neighborhood other than Sulani. Sulani is pretty much fine but I think the island theme could go farther. We could have reggae music and better islandwear for male sims. I'd also go for more gameplay and maybe lot challenges. I could see there being a buried treasure challenge or an underwater theme. Similarly to archaeology, I might be interested in finding artifacts from shipwrecks through dives.

As mentioned, I actually think that it's the case that they could cover more within the beach theme because there are many types of beaches around the world.

In terms of the Hawaiian/Pacific Islander theme, they could give us shaved ice, hula dancing and maybe some additional gameplay / hikes. Also, I could always use more beach lots.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Onverser wrote: Β»
    Don't forget Ava Max as a mermaid with her songs "Everytime I Cry" and "So Am I" re-recorded in Simlish ;)

I agree, but you forgot ''my head and my heart'' .. :(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    Surfing is actually a really good idea. We need more sports, it'd give us a reason to explore ths islands (to look for good waves), we could film videos for cash, and we could have competitions and use them as an alternative way to earn money. Sims could train every day or week, which would be a nice and unique change to the daily grind.

It's not a big change in lifestyle like farming, but it would liven up Sulani amd make it more fun.
    I completely agree this would be so much fun to do.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I’d like to see useable hammocks and houseboats attached to a marina for Sulani. I don’t really see enough waves for surfing, but I would certainly like a pack with waves and surfing….. maybe an update to Del Sol Valley with some beach front lots.

I think if they update snowy escape, they should make it where sims could go sledding on any hill in other worlds that have snow on them.
  • SquishedBug1SquishedBug1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love for mermaids to have a skill tree like all the other occults as well as having their own special urn and bassinet
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    While there are certainly things you could add to either pack (surfing, sailing together, real diving for Sulani, tea ceremony, ability to sled on normal slopes and functioning tea houses in Snowy Escape just to name a few) I personally feel that these two are rather good packs already and really don't need it as much as others. I would love hotels but doubt they'd come in a refresh, more likely a GP or (hopefully) a full blown vacation EP with several new aspirations, careers and ability to own, work in and run hotels as well as visit them. A full new world, preferably placed in a fun, well thought out, and fully immersive location we haven't seen in game before, such as the African Savannah.

If I were to wish the packs that I would most want to refresh would be Dine out, Discover University and Get to work - as there are plenty of things to add to those packs to make them function better. Especially with High School Years coming, I think that a Discover University refresh would feel most natural, as there ought to be some cross pack functions that could or should be added. Cheerleading and American Football teams, scholarships or university school trips, a rework on subjects, lessons and homework, new clubs to work with the ones in High School, the new items we get going into use in University too. So that the two work well together and don't feel repetitive as you naturally do one after the other.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    edited July 2022
    Well, I got the tea set
    I still wish there was more styles to those tho
    but I guess thats not gonna happen since they locked it in mws :<
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    For Snowy Escape I'd love them to add a snowboarding half-pipe or something similar, so that all the activities aren't locked exclusively to the world. Perhaps a new variation of the rock-climbing wall would be nice too.