Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BlackSand's Builds ... and Remodels for Hidden Springs

12346...Next

Comments

• MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    I was thinking about something like this. Was thinking that if I got to breeding horses I would soon run out of room & would need to create a stable, then a place to practice. Nothing modern, but have to admit I like the skylights, and the over all look of the place. Nicely done! :D
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Morakai‌ ... Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I thought I would try it out.
    It looks nice at night and doubles as an exclusive private club.

BlackSand%206_zpsapfftvhj.jpg

And, Uh ... I did mention it is "high-tech" ... smilie_girl_096.gif
    You can do it the old fashioned way because there are stalls available in the barn area.
    Or you can do it the modern way and ensure a winner provided there is someone with skills to get it right.

BlackSand%207_zpsw8vtpw1o.jpg

The Bars and the Kitchen are open from 9 am to 4 am ... And I figured out how to hire and set uniforms for the bartenders.
    You can play pool, there is a dance floor ... Or just drink a mint julep while watching the races.
    I do have a mixologist Sim who makes mint juleps.

BlackSand%209_zpsxfj8kirw.jpg

BlackSand%208_zpshgfy2h4z.jpg

BlackSand%2012_zpstyxdmn2r.jpg

The Stables are top notch, easily accessible, clean and modern.

BlackSand%2010_zps02ra639r.jpg

BlackSand%2011_zpsvugyswgh.jpg

Have A Wonderful Day ... DANSEN4.gif

Post edited by BlackSand on
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Now the inside looks even better! Love the flooring & the over all palette of the place. Simply gorgeous work! :D
    Morakai wrote: »
    Now the inside looks even better! Love the flooring & the over all palette of the place. Simply gorgeous work! :D

Now all I have to do is test the lot a little better and go get those little candle lamps like at the Bistro.
    For some crazy reason they show up in residential build mode but not commercial build mode.

Thanks Again.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    The interior of the Equestrian Centre is very nice! :) It is great that you have designed it as a private club too. The black and yellow colour scheme of the interior of the centre looks very nice. Very nice office area. It looks great how you have created the computers study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer or reading a book. The corner bookcase nooks look great there. Very nice layout of the bar area! It looks nice how you have placed the tables and chairs there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables or on the bar stools having a drink or a meal from the bar. It looks nice how you have placed the floor rugs under the dining tables. Sims will enjoy dancing to the music or have fun playing pool. It looks nice the type of ceiling lights that you have used in the build. Very nice outdoors sitting area patio for sims to enjoy relaxing on the loungers watching the horses training. The stables are very nice! The flooring looks nice and the green plants add a nice look to the stables areas.
    It is a great build :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    The interior of the Equestrian Centre is very nice! :) It is great that you have designed it as a private club too. The black and yellow colour scheme of the interior of the centre looks very nice. Very nice office area. It looks great how you have created the computers study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer or reading a book. The corner bookcase nooks look great there. Very nice layout of the bar area! It looks nice how you have placed the tables and chairs there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables or on the bar stools having a drink or a meal from the bar. It looks nice how you have placed the floor rugs under the dining tables. Sims will enjoy dancing to the music or have fun playing pool. It looks nice the type of ceiling lights that you have used in the build. Very nice outdoors sitting area patio for sims to enjoy relaxing on the loungers watching the horses training. The stables are very nice! The flooring looks nice and the green plants add a nice look to the stables areas.
    It is a great build :)

Thanks Again Rose ... girl_blush.gif

I have to admit (and some may have noticed) that the color scheme in my builds is consistent with one item central in the build. The black and gold scheme comes from the fence and gate and is carried throughout the build. The bar areas are kind of easy as long as you leave enough room for Sims to move around each other and don't end up with "log jams".

As I mentioned, I am just building sets for the storyline.
    The Equestrian Center is across the park from a Horse Breeder and family I am moving Into the town.
    I spruce up existing builds as well as change other areas to better suit my needs.

For instance ... I have already given Varge's Tavern a facelift.
    Turned it into a Dance Club and renamed it The Tombs.

BlackSand%2013_zpse8cq2ysu.jpg

BlackSand%2014_zpskz5x6vjr.jpg

While testing the remodel Lonny and his girlfriend got into a fight at the bar, while Amanda Danced in the counter.
    Yep ... Looks like everything is working ... LOL!

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    This looks really neat, I like how different your Equestrian Center is compared to all the country style ones I've seen since Pets came out and love the colors especially on those saddles! Great work!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    The makeover of Varg's Tavern looks great! :) The patterned floor rugs there look nice. The green of the plants on the side wall look nice with the colour scheme of the interior and the brick texture of the walls. It looks nice how you have placed the pictures on the walls and have the wall lights above each of them. The type of and placement of the tables and chairs in the build looks nice. Sims will enjoy playing pool, dancing and having a drink there.
    Sims will enjoy visiting the venue.
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    This looks really neat, I like how different your Equestrian Center is compared to all the country style ones I've seen since Pets came out and love the colors especially on those saddles! Great work!

I have build many old fashioned barns, but thought it might make for a decent change.
    I liked the state of the art concept as times change as well as the interests in horses.
    Plus a few folks can bring the horses, ride for a while then relax as the horses hang out.

Thanks for the nice comments and good luck on your builds as well.
    Have A Wonderful Day!

rosemow wrote: »
    The makeover of Varg's Tavern looks great! :) The patterned floor rugs there look nice. The green of the plants on the side wall look nice with the colour scheme of the interior and the brick texture of the walls. It looks nice how you have placed the pictures on the walls and have the wall lights above each of them. The type of and placement of the tables and chairs in the build looks nice. Sims will enjoy playing pool, dancing and having a drink there.
    Sims will enjoy visiting the venue.

Thanks @rosemow‌

I have to admit that the only reason I remodeled Varge's was because I was too lazy to start from scratch just to come up with an afterhours venue in the town. I cannot stand the way it looked before and it was nothing a little paint and polish couldn't fix. It did go from an one star venue to a three star venue and the asking price jumped to around a quarter of a million. But hey ... If your Sim has the capital to invest in the business, the new Tombs will get you more than 15k a week in income.

Have A Lovely Day and Thanks Again!

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    What a cool looking modern styled equestrian center. I like the gold and black color scheme throughout, you did a really nice job. :-)
    @Sandraelle‌ ... Thanks for the Comments, Appreciated!
    The black and gold color scheme is a classic combination, pretty hard to go wrong with.
    My problem is not mixing things up enough sometimes.

Have A Lovely Afternoon!

Working on remodeling Hidden Springs
    Starting with Family Houses that need upgrades to accommodate growing families ...
    Especially when missing key items like cribs and enough beds.

No One Likes Finding the Baby in the Yard ... :/

Although I have already done the Craftsman's Dream (Abbot's House) and Sustainable Oasis (Riverhawk's House),
    Today I remodeled The Treasure Trove and gave the Song's a makeover.

Here are some Screenshots Before and After.

51376946823_05a10e8d7f_k.jpg

51377724405_d074ef743f_k.jpg

51375952627_04e0aa2dbf_k.jpg

51377724420_cbe6215767_k.jpg

I remodel the inside as well, adding upgrades, and more skill opportunities for all.
    I hate wasting space on huge stairwells as well.

51377724535_695d29e02c_k.jpg

51376716431_ccfdeea5fb_k.jpg

51375952312_3a997d09bf_k.jpg

51375952452_6cf01edcc6_k.jpg

Some Inside Screenshots ...

51375952347_b2ff31abec_k.jpg

51376946628_f99bd75e5d_k.jpg

51375952557_43467f343a_k.jpg

I have quite a few more to go, and I am doing the Community Lots.
    I have shared some pictures elsewhere, but only share my own work at the Exchange.
    So ... I won't upload any of the remodels.

Happy Simming!
    Have A Lovely Evening.