March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think next kit will be?

2...Next

Comments

• MiraRoseBlackMiraRoseBlack Posts: 17 Member
    Personally, I'm hoping it will be a good gameplay kit as I know there were many issues with Bust the Dust for a bit
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    alternatively, i wouldn't be surprised if they sold blank worlds (like newcrest) in kits - maybe 3 in a kit ?

Blank worlds are never gonna happen again.

They want to keep the total number of lots (across all worlds) low, as too many lots in a single save file negatively affect performance. They couldn’t even put many lots in their $40 EP worlds. It makes zero sense to waste a bunch lots on a blank world.

Unless it’s a very small world like Forgotten Hollow with 5 lots? Or Magnolia Promenade with 4?
    (The world would have to be good to want to pay £5 for it so I’m not sure how detailed it the place would be.) A cul-de-sac type vibe is an option I’d go for. You could pretend you’re playing an exclusive neighbourhood or it’s like your own soap opera! 😎.

I don’t think they’d put a larger world or even 3 blank worlds in a kit for the reasons you say.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm hoping for a CAS kit next. I'm open to any style really, but I'd love to see:
    • Throwback 2.0 - I loved the style and prints that came with the Throwback Fit kit, and I wouldn't mind seeing the retro vibe return, but for regular everyday clothing instead of athletic wear.
    • Tattoos and skin details kit - I feel like this category is lacking. I'd love a bunch of new tattoos, but I'd really like additional skin details more. Maybe new freckle styles with a few swatches, birth marks, more ageing details, more scars etc.
    • Hair and make up kit - As the name suggests, additional hairstyles and make up. I'd love to have more longer hairstyles that aren't braided or tied in any way, kind of like that wavy hair from Discover University.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Soon, I hope! :)

And maybe something music-themed.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I've always said that we desperately need more pajamas, both sexy and normal. We barely have any pj's, so a cas pack about pajamas would be great.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    I've always said that we desperately need more pajamas, both sexy and normal. We barely have any pj's, so a cas pack about pajamas would be great.

Honestly, we need some more underwear along with PJs. There are like 2 options for underwear. It'd make sense to expand those categories together.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

I would love a nightwear kit!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

I like the idea of more underwear and pj’s too, but if they threw it in a stuff pack we’d get more, even a sleeping bag, more pi’s for kids too, and how about overnight parties and some new hairstyles.
  • Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    Kits tend to be whatever content Devs wanted to put into an Expansion Pack but EA didn't allow them. Way to squeeze more cash out of us.

Interesting theory!

Which Kits do you feel they wanted to put with which Packs? I’m curious. I’ve heard someone say this about the content of the Country Kitchen Kit belonging in Cottage Living, but not about the other ones.

Great question! I would love to see suggestions from others as well. :smiley:

Country Kitchen Kit + Country Living
    Throwback Kit + Fitness Stuff Pack
    Laundry Day + Bust the Dust (I could totally see it being marketed as a chore/cleaning pack; household gets together to spring clean etc)
    Courtyard Oasis... hmm I thought of perfect patio and romantic garden as possible pairings but they can clearly stand alone in their own themes/packs.

Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Since we are coming up to fall and the occult gamepack season, probably CAS that would suspiciously look good on a fairy lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I hope that the next kit will come either this month or next month.. The last one was in May/June, correct?
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited August 2021
    alternatively, i wouldn't be surprised if they sold blank worlds (like newcrest) in kits - maybe 3 in a kit ?

They want to keep the total number of lots (across all worlds) low, as too many lots in a single save file negatively affect performance. They couldn’t even put many lots in their $40 EP worlds. It makes zero sense to waste a bunch lots on a blank world.

See, I look at this in the exact opposite way: I think blank worlds would be perfect for a kit precisely because of the potential performance issues. That way, individual customers could make their own judgment call about whether their computer could handle the the extra lots, performance-wise, without having the lots tied to a larger pack with other features that they want. All they have to do is slap a disclaimer on the kit: "warning: additional lots may impact performance, here are the minimum specs we recommend."

Same goes for a CAW tool. Your computer can't handle it? Don't use it. Your computer can handle it? Great, here you go, enjoy!

ETA: don't know why I didn't think of this before, but maybe instead of a set number of premade empty worlds, maybe the kit could just be a CAW tool. That would work for me. I would happily pay $5 for that.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Maybe a farm animal like a goat, which I think would have some very fun interactions with the Sims. The goat ate my homework for example
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    I'd really, really like a 'Playground Fun' kit b/c I miss all the playground stuff from previous games. Like

-merry-go-round
    -SLIDES (which could also be used w/ pools)
    -springy rides
    -seesaws
    -trampolines

and maybe some additional playground decor like the panda stumps that came with the Toddler Stuff pack
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'd really, really like a 'Playground Fun' kit b/c I miss all the playground stuff from previous games. Like

-merry-go-round
    -springy rides
    -seesaws
    -trampolines

and maybe some additional playground decor like the panda stumps that came with the Toddler Stuff pack

Now that's a fun idea, and a perfect example of something that doesn't require a full stuff pack (I don't really see a need for new playground CAS, for example) but would really round out the game a bit! If they could stick a treehouse in there as well, so much the better!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I know they said that they will be releasing one at a time. I like having a batch of them to choose from such as when they first rolled them out. Honestly, they could let us vote on more kits too.

As for what or when it will be, I think we'll get at least one by October. I don't know if all of the kits will center on the Build, CAS, Gameplay divide going forward. If I had to guess, I think we'll get a gameplay and a CAS kit before the end of the year. It's possible that we could get more in the lead-up to Christmas.

As for what I want - one of the arts & crafts kits such as the glass-blowing or pottery wheel or similar. I'd also do the nectar-making or functional tea set. Garden party, maybe? I could do with more interactive events.

For fashion, I am pretty wide open but I think we need some updates to hairstyles actually. These would include some newer trends and more types of "bridal hair" because we get a bit limited with that. I go for a lot of different styles. If they want to come up with more "men's" fashion, that's fine with me.

Yes I could see a Kit dropping in October a month before the November Expansion.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Yes I've suggested a sleepwear kit to the gurus on Twitter.
    Amapola76 wrote: »

See, I look at this in the exact opposite way: I think blank worlds would be perfect for a kit precisely because of the potential performance issues. That way, individual customers could make their own judgment call about whether their computer could handle the the extra lots, performance-wise, without having the lots tied to a larger pack with other features that they want. All they have to do is slap a disclaimer on the kit: "warning: additional lots may impact performance, here are the minimum specs we recommend."

Same goes for a CAW tool. Your computer can't handle it? Don't use it. Your computer can handle it? Great, here you go, enjoy!

ETA: don't know why I didn't think of this before, but maybe instead of a set number of premade empty worlds, maybe the kit could just be a CAW tool. That would work for me. I would happily pay $5 for that.

I can’t imagine them doing this because it would severely limit their revenue, but, hey, they did drop many customers when they went to the legacy version too.

I mean I’d love a kit world, but I don’t see them doing it…
    edited August 2021

-merry-go-round
    -springy rides
    -seesaws
    -trampolines

Well, they might do one playground thing in a kit, but I can’t imagine more than one because each new one will have specific new animations.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
    edited August 2021
    I like sleep wear, but I would also like to see classic Halloween costumes, like a witches hat, and daracula’s cape.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Not a fan of kits, I only have the Dust kit and it's not that good. My guess is September or October. I hope they're not too frequent, and I hope the next one will have a new gameplay.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I like sleep wear, but I would also like to see classic Halloween costumes, live a witches hat, and daracula’s cape.

yes pls but also like make it so textures and colors don't look costumey cause thats problem with spooky stuff outside the halloween use

just want some proper occult wear
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We have plenty of leisure things, but very little Swimwear. Like, half a dozen or less items.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I mean I’d love a kit world, but I don’t see them doing it…

They might do something along the lines of Newcrest. An empty world that you could fill.
    The number of lots might be small, game packs can be as small as 5, StrangerVille had 11.

But a kit is possible as there’s still several landscapes we’re missing.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Strangerville_HeroStrangerville_Hero Posts: 18 Member
    I don't know but I think it would be either a gameplay or a CAS one. The build mode ones are great but so far the kits have been just featuring build mode. Some simmers don't like to build.