Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant give direction to my employee

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Im running a restaurant, but wanted it as a home business. So i built the lot and changed it to residental and community back and forth. Now my sim lives at another home, travels to his restaurant where I serve food. Upstairs is where i have my sim eat and live.

My issue is I have an employee as a server. In the beginning I had normal owner actions - management, assign role, change wage etc.

Now all that shows when clicking on him is Be Seated no matter if I am cooking, am the host, or am idle. How to fix this?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    Maybe b/c he's not recognized as an employee? First, buy the open / close sign and put it on a wall of the restaurant. close the restaurant. Then click the sign and you should see an option to call over all the employees. You should be able to change roles then. If the person isn't coming, check the open for business UI menu on the top right for your employees list.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Maybe b/c he's not recognized as an employee? First, buy the open / close sign and put it on a wall of the restaurant. close the restaurant. Then click the sign and you should see an option to call over all the employees. You should be able to change roles then. If the person isn't coming, check the open for business UI menu on the top right for your employees list.

I open the restaurant in the morning and call in employees. He arrives and Initially I can command him but some hours later im only able to ask to be seated. I will try again later and play with the open sign and see if that changes anything lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.