Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite building style?

Comments

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Victorian
    My favorite style, is the american and european architecture, from the 19th century, and the start of the 20th century 1900-1910's :)
    [img][/img]2KPqAEm.png
    [img][/img]dZzbfH8.png

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2021
    Other (Please specify)
    I voted other because what I like to do is make neighborhoods fit a theme - and that being a sub-theme for that neighborhood within the larger theme of that world.

So what style I like will depend on not just what map I'm looking at, but where in that map.

PS: I recently bought the Snowy Escape expansion and I've been frustrated to find that only 1 of the build mode items in it has a 'style flag' set for it's architecture style. I found this out when a sim I made got a bad moodlet from not liking modern in the house I put her in. So I went in to find out which items were modern only to find none of them were, nor where they any other style. And then when I searched build mode by each style only one single item from the expansion popped up for any style...

So it almost looks like the proper answer for me is not 'Other' but 'None' - at least for that world, as to fit it's theme I need to select 'no theme'...

(I never did figure out why my sim had that moodlet...)
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    My favorite styles are Boho and traditional Spanish architecture/design. Terracotta floor tiles, textured white walls, shabby chic furniture, lots of plants, Moroccan rugs, etc etc. I grew up in Spain so that kind of traditional architecture feels really pretty and like home to me
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    Scobre wrote: »
    Mission style
    Mission-Revival-Architecture-4.jpg

Same here! A house like that is my dream
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Cabin/Rustic
    @Hauk150 If this is one of your builds, this is fooking beautiful. 🙏 Stay blessed.
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Victorian
    I chose Victorian, but really, but I ought to have chosen "time period/historical". I downloaded an empty save and I'm making Glimmerbrooke be Tudor revival. I'll do parts of Windenburg in Tudor/Fachwerkhaus style. Brindleton Bay I'm redoing inspired by Vieux Québec and Lévis. Willow Creek I'm redoing to be even more like New Orleans, with a part inspired by the Garden District and more kinds of shotgun houses in the poorer neighbourhood. I'll redo HoB inspired by rural Scotland. I'm building a Moroccan Souq in San Myshuno, and will build parts of Oasis Springs in a Mix of Moroccan and mission style, and maybe one or two Batuu inspired builds. Strangerville will be Victorian and Mission. The rest I haven't really thought about.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited August 2021
    Gothic
    seeing this jump up

I've also recently realized I like tall looking houses

and don't have any idea how to make wide big houses

brought to you by 50x40 old new henford lots that have proved to be very hard to build anything on and are currently making me very frustrated indeed cause i just don't have any idea how to use all that freaking land :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MineBloxKyMineBloxKy Posts: 20 Member
    Victorian
    I love Victorian and other historic American styles! Parkshore is such a beautiful home!
  • MineBloxKyMineBloxKy Posts: 20 Member
    Victorian
    > @DoloresGrey said:
    > Nothing specific, just based on my country's architecture. Both modern and a little bit old-ish.

Where are you from?
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    For me it depends on a lot of things. My mood. My sims. The town they live in and their own personal likes and dislikes as I like to randomly roll mine.
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I picked Other because I rarely do a specific style. My houses grow organically as more space is needed, and the family has more money to build. I haven't figured out how to do it in The Sims 4, but my favourite way to build houses in The Sims 2 was to have a walk out basement.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Victorian
    I utilize many styles but Victorians are my favorites. I guess I think of them as being classic houses. My style is more traditional but I play with some modern houses and other architectural styles. I like being able to go between different styles.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Victorian
    I chose Victorian, because it's definitely my favorite of the listed choices. A Victorian home with a lighter, airier feel than the "traditional" cluttered Victorian interior decor is even better.

Lately, I've been having fun with some houses I found on the Gallery that were based on the houses featured in the Sears Modern Homes catalog (1908-1942). If I were better at building, I'd create a few more of the Sears Modern Homes. I almost chose "Other" for that reason.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    @MineBloxKy Heya, I am from Czechia.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I'm eclectic, I love a variety of styles.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    My style is "uglier than ugly but super-duper practical and green." Walls, both inside and outside, are all Eco Footprint Green 2, so are the floors, and roofs are covered with windmills and solar panels so you can hardly see the Mediterranean tile roof underneath that's completely out of place with the stacked-stone walls holding the roof up. It's basically like an English medieval stone cottage and a Roman villa got real drunk one night and forgot the contraceptives then the kid moved to Berkeley, California.

There's probably a reason the neighborhood with the most played households in my save is San Myshuno...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I don't have a favourite building style, I just build whatever strikes my fancy and have a great fun doing it and researching buildings on the internet.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Modern
    Dark themed modern for town regions, off-the-grid and more native styled for sulani and rural regions.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I don't think it has a name. I developed it while playing The Sims. Haphazard or Random perhaps. I use prebuilt rooms a lot.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Ranch-Style
    I picked ranch style because I love large modern brick ranch style houses with garages and shorter roofs. I also love modern mid century with the shorter roof ( not flat ). Rustic cabins are also a favorite, and I really like some town houses in the gallery too. Other than brick/rock exterior I also love the exterior walls that Windenburg ( old city ) is made of, I’m not sure what style that is called.

I hope they add a middle class neighborhood to Del Sol Valley…., with backdrop homes of modern brick ranch and short roof mid century homes. I have a couple I built I would love to make a neighborhood of.

As for the interior I like simple wood, oak usually, and leather interior with other modern variations. I have to say, I love the Scandinavian furniture in DHD, and all the wooden matching wall units in the pack and the sofa’s, it makes a very nice modern apartment. I also liked the boho furniture in movie stuff.

I don’t much care for Victorian/gothic style, though some of my older sims prefer that older fashioned furniture. I do love the realm of Magic furniture even though it’s a bit ornate for many of my modern sims.

I like the Mission and Moroccan furniture too, and the builds, but haven’t included much of that in builds since almost all of OS has become venues and is pretty established…. OS makes a good Palm Springs vibe. And I like that is is not forever raining and snowing there, makes a good vacation spot in the winter for my sims.

I wish they would give us more neighborhoods with moderate weather.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Victorian
    @Hauk150 If this is one of your builds, this is fooking beautiful. 🙏 Stay blessed.

Yes, I build it, thank you so much :)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited August 2021
    Modern
    Modern and slightly odd. Sometimes I prefer palatial, baroque, or even Victorian exteriors but I seem to really love modern interiors. I want to experiment more with building, but I only have a few builds because I only build lots my sims will use. The next sim kid that grows up and moves out will probably get a mini-palace because I'm in the mood for that kind of build.

I've shared all of these before.
    9LZy2T3.jpg
    Vp8jSAQ.jpg
    qw2JAA2.jpg
    NWMZNOG.jpg
    Y56Pypk.jpg
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Townhouse
    We can actually have a bit of everything in each of them. People in town usually buy what they like and make it work, I find it wonderful. The justaposition between old and new.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Cabin/Rustic
    Cabin/rustic for most areas in the game with some tweaks here and there so that they fit in with the surrounding area. In Oasis Springs I prefer southwestern. In StrangerVille I have homes that I guess could be called Victorian. Otherwise, anything that isn't modern.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I'll try anything but prefer UK suburban, Tudor or cottage style since the latest pack came out. I don't like pillars everywhere and anything else that interrupts my views of my houses.