Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi all,

have been very busy in lockdown so haven't been posting much (when you are on he computer all day - you dont want use it to relax)

Sorry I am so behind with comments and replies. I do lurk in the background though and enjoy watching all your stories progress and handing out the awesomes.

@Metior_Ice I love your sims all merging - sims definitelty believe in togetherness. :)

@AlwaysAsking lovely to see you back on the forum. Believe me you didn't miss more than about 2 or 3 posts of Quin and Rohan - I had a break from their story and was posting other things. Quin doesn't really whine too much LOL. Tiger is not Grim's son - he belongs to another sim named Larry Kibo (he has distant links to Akira but you can't tell by his looks). As I am in gen 6 with orange it is hard to tell the heritage of some sims but I think that the Munch sim you asked about is either Gunthers or Mila's descendant. I know Wolfgang didn't marry and Lucas married my gen 2 sim so its neither of them.

Quin and Rohan update
    previous update

Beowoof continues to ignore all privacy and remain obsessed with Quin and , in this case, Rohan showering.
    22pv45E.png

Quin remains obsessed with Aoife
    oRcXFp3.png

One last baby cuddle and its age up time.
    2CxLtF8.png

And toddler Aoife is now here...
    MYn3ec5.png

Aoife
    Quin loves parenting
    hf8zJ41.png

I enjoyed dressing Aoife up - some of her looks
    SxJ5Fou.jpg

Aoife seems to strongly favour Rohan in looks and unfortunately inherited his Beavis style jaw. (I love Rohan but from some angles the Beavis is terribly strong!)
    EmmbstR.png

Finally Aoife's birth provide an excuse for me to decorate some of the empty second storey of their house.
    Toddler friendly bathroom...
    pzgtyzN.png
    XewfRqY.png

And a room for AOife (Now Quin knows about transcending gender norms - his pink and pastel wardrobe says this for him) but they couldn't resist doing a traditional pink girly room. If Aoife or the next child do not like this they won't be forced to have it.
    pdAMFCB.png
    jmPJpPQ.png
    mkL1duY.png
    It pays to have super rich and famous daddies. Little Aoife will have everything she wants.
    dAZKdyD.png

A visit from Great-Grandfather
    Rohan adores Aoife too.
    jPrqZkU.png

Ekram has never liked the idea of Quin and Rohan together and uses this visit to complain AGAIN
    4bJFRfH.png
    Right over his sleeping granddaughter, Rohan tries to hold in his anger
    29RITjF.png
    Reasonable arguements just don't work on Ekram
    DabbJ3F.png
    Quin never leaves Rohan to cope alone with his grandfather for long.
    wK4ZtqN.png
    What a genuinely unpleasant sim!
    bsZIxRP.png

Happy Family
    They are just a happy little family.
    6wl6B8U.png
    CzH1Tp1.png
    jUHzTha.png
    t3rp868.png
    Z7lwbA5.png
    Pregnant backfloating cracks me up
    X19z11A.png
    Hd5Ta7Q.png
    Pregnancy allows Quin to actually eat more than 2 bites of anything
    zuzJkdO.png
    Being in the third trimester means food is permanently glued in his hand, even when playing soccer
    q5igfqf.png

• KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    I haven't played The Sims 4 in a while and I'm not necessarily active on this side of the forums, but my partner came over last night and we decided to make ourselves in the game and decorate a home. It was really fun!
    08-10-21_10-04-24_AM.png
    08-10-21_10-04-35_AM.png
    Here's the house we claimed as our own.
    08-10-21_10-04-44_AM.png
    08-10-21_10-04-57_AM.png
    I was in control of decorating our kitchen/dining area, and I'm happy how it turned out!
    08-10-21_10-05-05_AM.png
    08-10-21_10-05-08_AM.png
    08-10-21_10-05-33_AM.png
    08-10-21_10-05-37_AM.png
    She was in charge of the living room and the bathroom, which I think turned out really nice for her first time!
    08-10-21_10-05-22_AM.png
    For our bedroom, we decided to split it down the middle. This is my half...
    08-10-21_10-05-29_AM.png
    And this is hers!
    08-10-21_11-17-43_AM.png
    08-10-21_11-18-46_AM.png
    Finally, here are our simselves! I found the opposite aesthetics really fun to see incorporated into our home and our fashion! It was really fun playing around and watching our sims slip left and right in the mud, so I hope we'll be able to play again soon!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    Since Tex died some months ago, we need SOMEONE to use this wood carving station. Might as well be Anakin.
    2IkWHrM.png
    He's going to build a mirror because boy do we need one.
    2WnMIAA.png
    Somehow he cracked himself upside the head with a hammer, don't think he was right for this job.
    N7vGqb5.png
    Voila, the mirror is done....we placed it too high to enjoy it though......Oh well, A for effort.
    TYrI6UL.png
    Bleezborg: "So I just gotta ask about those ghosts over there."
    bBOqQZy.png
    Manslaughter: "Those are just the ghosts of our dead friends. They're the only ones who get any fun from that horseshoe pit so just leave them be."
    BsxIrQo.png

Let's cut to a few months later.
    Was just another beautiful day at Camp Murder.
    950qNVn.png
    25Ef5jm.png
    Manslaughter: "Ah, this seems like it's going to be a great day!"
    vLVBM0d.png
    Manslaughter: "Oh god, you guys look like you've been through some real 🐸🐸🐸🐸."
    dLdSzSI.png
    Anakin: "Did you SERIOUSLY sleep through that entire battle?! The yelling, screaming, explosions and gunfire didn't wake you?!"
    Manslaughter: "I am a heavy sleeper."
    SYnvGzc.png
    Manslaughter: "Why didn't you guys keep watch from the Watchtower?!"
    Anakin: "We did! But the Watchtower means nothing when we don't have a wall to keep them out!"
    Czk1nAn.png
    Anakin: "Look at the damage they caused!"
    3NOpXqa.png
    Anakin: "Look, even your throne room wasn't safe!"
    ZEt1x7Z.png
    Anakin: "And Sonya's going to be REALLY angry when she finds out her Angry Room has been trashed!"
    1YjLoAk.png
    Anakin: "AND they stole our Horseshoe pit! Well I mean, we didn't even like the horseshoe pit anyways so we just let them take it."
    gWQe5xh.png
    Anakin: "And worst of all, they took your wife!"
    1QClrQB.png
    Manslaughter: "THEY TOOK MY WIFE?!?!? WHO DID THIS, FIND THEM AND I'LL TEAR THEM APART WITH MY OWN BARE HANDS!"
    AGam9e1.png
    Darrell: "It was the Bloodgod's men, they raided the camp and took your wife."
    WJdPCug.png
    Manslaughter: "The Bloodgod?"
    2jXfnul.png
    Manslaughter: "Nevermind, everyone gather around and give my wife a proper funeral because she's VERY dead."
    tbkJ0CW.png
    Darrell: "........................................You're not even going to TRY and save her? Loyal husband of the year."
    K0vNf3T.png

Well after today we could use some backstory and see the return of a good friend!
    Anakin: "So we're seriously just going to leave your wife to die? How dangerous is this Bloodgod guy you guys are scared of?"
    DJ0Eake.png
    Manslaughter: "You know, I'm glad you asked that! It all started back when we emerged from our own fallout shelter to rebuild civilization."
    z4AlfxZ.png
    FLASHBACK!
    Manslaughter: "We might seem like horrid savages these days, but back when the bombs fell we thought we could live civilly like we had lived for generations before the nukes. But you see, the Bloodgod and his people however had been living as savages before everyone else did."
    QGGlvoF.png
    Young Manslaughter: "Alright everyone, now that we have a chance to rebuild I hearby name this plot of land "Camp Friendship"! We shall now spread the good word of sharing and good will to all!"
    dLTTMnK.png
    Young Manslaughter: "Hey there friend, would you like to join us in finding survivors and distributing food to them?"
    rwDmpOl.png
    Soldier: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD!"
    mjOsUtM.png
    Soldier: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD!"
    AoVsT5I.png
    Soldier: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!"
    vX2blBA.png
    Young Manslaughter: "That's it, I'm shaving my head."
    WSlfeWI.png
    Flashback over.
    Oh snap, Sonya's back!
    zc8fA8j.png
    Sonya: "'Sup nerds, I'm back. Now leave me alone for a few minutes so I can sit in my angry room."
    kt2ZdtF.png
    Sonya: "Huh, could've sworn there was a wall there."
    nCXFD5z.png
    Sonya: "Could've sworn there was a door here."
    G0UxDu3.png
    Sonya: "WHO WRECKED MY ANGRY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!"
    Run.
    dqqHm5E.png
    Luckily Mario is here to stop Sonya going on a murderous rampage.
    Mario: "Hey Babe you're back! Guess what, DoodlyDoofus finally downloaded a mod for us to have a romantic slowdance to!"
    L25A9cz.png
    Mario: "Isn't this romantic?"
    tATMYsc.png
    Sonya: "My urge to kill is still astronomically high."
    KTZYqnf.png
    Here, to cheer you up from all the destruction going on, here's Juniper who just aged up to an adorable toddler.
    zZkql9A.png
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Forgot to mention about being gone for a week to see my family I haven't seen for a year. :smile:

Chapter Three: Roses
    z7Iqzt5.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I just had two townies watch Jack Sing. Jack decided to flirt with the lady and not the guy. The guy does a B-line back to Jack and ruins his chance at a date. Lol. Townies with Jealousy complexes keep things interesting. The biggest problem is that both of them looked good for townies.
    edited August 2021
    I just checked. Cecilia Kang is one of the new premades, and she's the non-committal type. But, she's super compatible with Jack. She even likes the color pink.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    @sunblond your Billie is very lovely! Funny how mine favors Baako while yours favors Anaya, both very strongly.
    @Becka28 Aoife is adorable and I think her Rohan looks are terrific, including the jaw :) And pregnant backfloating would be less silly if the abs actually went to the side like they are supposed to

Life with the Fengs... I think I just need to admit that Lily is better at promoting Victor's career than her own. It's either very patriarchal or very not, depending on how you look at it. The largest drama of their week was butler related. Lousy new butler Minato just wanted to sit around and read books all day. He sort of cleaned, and he did whatever we directly asked him to do, but mostly he read books. And then he left a pot of shrimp cooking on the stove and walked away. That's dangerous.
    minato-left-shrimp.png

Minato, you're fired. Oh, how we miss butler Ben.
    minato-fired.png

Let me handle this, dear.
    minato-let-me-handle-it.png

Ben was back by dessert! Ben, Victor legit adores you.
    ben-i-adore-you.png

Victor happily hobnobbed with his party of distinguished individuals
    hobnob.png

Lily did get something she wanted this week, something she's wanted for a long time: a home of her own, not a rental, where she can live out her mansion baron dreams. I added a second story to the Fountainview Penthouse and renovated it using photos of a 1920s Seattle mansion for inspiration. I feel like that style fits the Fengs very nicely.

Arriving (with Ben of course)
    penthouse-arrive-with-ben.png

A glamorous living room for parties
    penthouse-glamorous-living-room-for-parties.png

A large beautiful kitchen to mix drinks in
    penthouse-kitchen-to-mix-drinks.png

A gracious upstairs parlor, for playing cards and contemplating the big picture (and maybe more drinks)
    penthouse-upstairs-cards-and-drinks.png

The upstairs parlor opens onto the master bedroom and a study each for Victor and Lily. It was too hard to get good camera angles for the studies since the walls are so tall.

Lily loved making two beautiful miniature gardens on the balconies. Thanks to whoever on this forum gave me the tip to make big planter boxes with fences or half walls and then raising the platform level inside the box.
    penthouse-landscaping-1.png
    penthouse-landscaping-2.png

And of course, Ben gets a very very nice bedroom just off the kitchen. Please Ben, never go away again.
    penthouse-butler-room.png

Darling, are you happy?
    Darling, I am SO happy.
    (Yes, they put the portraits of themselves on the dining room wall.)
    penthouse-dining-darling-are-you-happy.png

Extra photos of the renovation
    penthouse-extra-main.png
    penthouse-extra-main2.png
    penthouse-extra-kitchen.png
    penthouse-extra-lr.png
    penthouse-extra-master-br.png
    penthouse-extra-master-br-2.png

Victor has maxed his charisma, and word has it his party might nominate him as candidate for National Leader. Wish him luck, or don't, depending on how you feel about him.

edited August 2021
    So, Cecilia Kang's Story is that she had a bad break up in the City, moved to the country for a fresh start, and then, she had another bad date with the Creature Keeper. I think the non-committal trait feels off for someone with bad luck dating but actively pursues relationships and commitments. She also has the ambitious trait that grants powerful moodlets from career success. To me, the non-committal trait doesn't fit the story of someone who is actively looking for a long term partner and success at work. Now, she does want to be with the animals and enjoy the quiet of the country.

I've debated between the Loner trait and the Outgoing Trait, and I decided that the Outgoing Trait would be better. I do think of her as a sim that enjoys being social, so a social trait was a must. I don't think traits involving the Flirty Moodlet was the way to go. She is actively looking for a partner, but I don't think she's overly zealous about it. I also don't think she's particularly ashamed of engaging in romance in public or would have that much trouble with romance as an Unflirty sim would have.

My idea is that she wants to have a relationship with others because her bio mentions two relationships that she tried to have and failed. Maybe she does have commitment issues, but I think a tendency to be more social works better. She loves animals and is ambitious. One of her traits does work with career success, and I can see her being outgoing, at least more social than the average sim.

So, She's Ambitious, an Animal Enthusiast, and Outgoing. Yes, she had a couple bad dates in the past, but she is active on the social scene and finds new people easily enough. Her failure with dates is a case of bad luck dating, not because she doesn't want to have a relationship with someone.

Edit: I can see how a couple particularly bad dates could change someone from outgoing to non-committal. If I had a few bad relationships, I might have a fear of commitment too or get tense with a new relationship. However, Her pursuit of relationships does seem to be with long term goals in mind.

I mean, why would you get involved in another relationship right after another one went south if that wasn't the case. She does not make me think of Don Lothario, who is still a merman evading commitment in my game. Life in the sea does free a former human from the commitments of a human life.
    I'm really enjoying everyone's stories, and I've made sure to check in often to leave an awesome. There are a few stories I'd love to awesome twice. I think I'll make a response post soon. It's overdue.
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2021
    Reality Kings Season 5: Episode 18

Jordan and Aidan returned to Henford-on-Bagley to see the Finchwick Cow Fair where Jordan's dad participated and won.
    Ep18a.jpg

Show spoiler to see where they went after the fair.
    Jordan and Aidan went to visit Cecilia and her (and Jordan's) daughter Celine. Aidan met one of his half-sisters for the first time. Cecilia has two yellow dogs that keep foxes away from her chickens. Jordan and Aidan didn't go inside because they had to go home immediately.
    Ep18b.jpg

Jordan and Cherie were invited to Johnny and Bridgette's wedding party which took place in Desert Bloom Park. Among the other invited guests were famous actors and actresses, members of production crew, June Kay (Bridgette's sister), Johnny and Judith Ward's daughter, Bridgette's daughter from her previous marriage, Marcus Flex (Johnny's best friend), and Paolo Roca. Lisa and her director boyfriend were apparently still together despite Erik's forged breakup letter during the last Love Day.
    Ep18c.jpg
    Ep18d.jpg

Show spoiler to see who had a TV shoot with Johnny a couple of days after the wedding.
    It was Bruce who's enemies with Johnny. The leading lady was Nikki, who starred with Jordan in a previous episode. They rehearsed together before the shoot. The director was another enemy of Bruce--Lisa's boyfriend.
    Ep18e.jpg

Bruce had some heated fight scenes with Johnny.
    Ep18f.jpg

Bruce played the villain.
    Ep18g.jpg

And Johnny had some romantic scenes with Nikki. Johnny got promoted to "Seasoned Thespian" after the shoot.
    Ep18h.jpg

Bridgette, now pregnant, visited the studio after the shoot. Bruce stayed to mingle with the cast and the crew. As expected, Bruce had a heated argument with Johnny which led to a fight which Bruce lost.
    Ep18i.jpg

Still wearing his costume, Bruce went to the Ward Park where he saw Nina and his son Ness (who's now a toddler). Nina's husband was not around. Bruce had a chance to spend time with his first child for the rest of the day.
    Ep18j.jpg

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Season 3 Episodes
    Season 4 Episodes
    Current Season's Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 8
    Episode 9
    Episode 10
    Episode 11
    Episode 12
    Episode 13
    Episode 14
    Episode 15
    Episode 16
    Episode 17
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited November 2021
    Episode 4

Conversation Overheard at Crick Cabana

JEANNIE: What are you still doing up at this hour, Sweetheart?
    AKIRA: Oh good, your up. Listen, I can’t wait. I wanted to, but it’s driving me crazy, like the stress of it and all, OK?
    JEANNIE: Um…OK, the stress of what? I though work was going well, you just got that promotion, I have to admit I did enjoy it a bit, the look on Travis’ face, I mean, he is so jealous. I know that’s unkind of me, but…..
    AKIRA: (interrupting) Shut up a minute….
    JEANNIE: AKIRA! What in the world has gotten into you, I do not appreciate…….
    AKIRA: (interrupting again) No.. I’m sorry…..look, I’m totally messing this up, plum. Please, the thing is, I want to get married….. I mean I want us to get married, yeah.
    JEANNIE: Get down on one knee, and ask me again Akira Kibo, and please, do it properly this time.
    AKIRA: Right. (kneeling on one knee) Jeannie Pruitt would you do me the honor of agreeing to be my wife?
    JEANNNIE: Yes.
    Hdigiql.jpg
    Jeannie said yes.

Conversations Overheard at Myshuno Meadows
    23bPzv7.jpg
    The guests begin to arrive for the Wedding.

AKIRA: (under his breath) I will keep smiling, I will not go over and punch that plummy J. Huntington III in the mouth at my own wedding. I ….
    TRAVIS: Remember that time when you told me that you had “issues”.(Akira nods) Well, I think you’re having one now. Listen, you do not want to look back on your Wedding Day and remember that all you could think about was some plum guy you don’t even like. So….go over to your future wife and kiss her and tell her how beautiful she looks, cause she does, by the way, and forget all about J. Huntington. ‘Cause you should not give him the power to ruin your big day, OK? (Akira nods)
    5tzUVDB.jpg
    Akira kisses his bride, while J. looks on and grins sheepishly.

LIBERTY: Oh, (sniffles) Jeannie looks so beautiful and Akira looks so handsome all dressed up.
    SUMMER: I love weddings! I’ve had mine planned since I was a teenager. I want a big church wedding. (sighs)
    LIBERTY: Listen, if neither of us gets married by the time we turn 40, let’s make a pact to marry each other. That way we won’t have to be alone when we’re old, and you’ll get your wedding.
    SUMMER: Thanks, but no. I am getting married, he may not be Prince Charming and may more closely resemble a frog. But make no mistake, before my looks go, I will be a bride.
    LIBERTY: Ha, you’ll never loose your looks. You work way to hard at it for that.
    SUMMER: Thanks, I think. But no, women come with a built in expiration date. Still, I think if you find the right guy, well, he’ll still think your beautiful even when you get old.
    LIBERTY: Summer Holiday, you are a romantic at heart!
    SUMMER: Don’t let that get out, it might put some men off.

SALIM: She makes a most beautiful bride, like from a fairy tale.
    GUNTHER: I love weddings, juice and food, everyone all dressed up and on their best behavior. I love big celebrations in general, I guess.
    SALIM: Yes, that only someday I may find my princess.
    GUNTHER: I’ll take a prince any day myself. Watchers Eye, I’d settle for a footman at this point. (sighs)
    SALIM: You joke, but I think all women should feel like a princess on their wedding day. That all should see them as so.
    GUNTHER: How in the world is a sappy guy like you still single?
    SALIM: It is a mystery.

DARLING: At least Jeannie said I didn’t have to wear a dress. She really is a nice lady. Oh, sorry, how are you holding up?
    MIKO: Oh, I’m fine. Akira Kibo is not the first man I’ve pined for in vain. I do hope he’s the last though.
    DARLING: Honestly, Miko, there are plenty of guys who would love to have you pine after them, or whatever. First of all, you’re beautiful and your passionate about your cause and all, plenty of guys would totally be into that.
    MIKO: Darling Walsh, I do think that is the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.
    DARLING: It is not, I complement your cooking all the time.
    MIKO: (laughing) I stand corrected.

LIBERTY: How’s life in the big city treating you?
    MARCUS: Well, miss, it’s takin’ some getting’ used to, that’s for sure. Thangs is a whole lot different than what I was used to in the country.
    LIBERTY: If it’s any consolation, it took me awhile to get used to the suburbs when I move here from the city. So it was the reverse of what you’re going through, I guess.
    MARCUS: Yes ‘um, there’s a lot of thangs I like and all. The food is amazin’. And there’s always something goin’ on. Makes it hard to get enough sleep, I been stayin’ up way past my bedtime.
    LIBERTY: And just what has been keeping you up so late Mr. Rowan, huh?
    MARCUS: Well now, how’s about I just show you sometime, miss, instead of just tellin’ you?
    LIBERTY: Oh, um…well, I guess that would be all right.
    4Ia67wj.jpg
    The ceremony begins.

4tPCH2y.jpg
    “With this ring…”

9pN0cLt.jpg
    “I now pronounce you husband and wife.”

dvy0ihU.jpg
    Sharing the first slice of Wedding Cake.

JXuhvV7.jpg
    And now to the Honeymoon.

@Daravi Ah, yes, the 60’s, hippies, free love and drugs. Now there’s an era I can see playing in my game.

@Dust_Bunny2010 Welcome back, join the club!

@ironknight35 Oh, you must have edited your sim a lot. He looks very realistic and genetically gifted.

@KatNip The cottage decorating looks great, how fun to play sims with someone else. I want to do that myself, I have a RL friend who plays, but she mostly does builds, so we are planning to get together and share with each other. Maybe I can learn some build tricks.

@mightysprite Good help is indeed hard to find. ;)

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2021
    When a Saiyan irritates an evil Rooster. (Shallot mods are mine they are still WIP.)
    Eyes by TS4anime SkinOverlay by Uriel
    "Oh no you don..."
    236992244_10165524220975123_4341399438086651122_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=56A8NMJdQkwAX-5zyKY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f975763d24e1952a9ae86695dc48873a&oe=611917A6

"Woah!"
    (Who knew evil roosters were so strong?)
    236925285_10165524221280123_3310688905566329756_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Wq4Q9gKxk1wAX_wb9QZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=48f9e7b0fd997468d1e5ae07c3a95c13&oe=6119E2C2

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

BMSO wrote: »
    When a Saiyan irritates an evil Rooster. (Shallot mods are mine they are still WIP.)
    Eyes by TS4anime Skin by Uriel
    "Oh no you don..."
    236992244_10165524220975123_4341399438086651122_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=56A8NMJdQkwAX-5zyKY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f975763d24e1952a9ae86695dc48873a&oe=611917A6

"Woah!" (Who knew evil roosters were so strong?)
    236925285_10165524221280123_3310688905566329756_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Wq4Q9gKxk1wAX_wb9QZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=48f9e7b0fd997468d1e5ae07c3a95c13&oe=6119E2C2

@BMSO I thought you fed the rooster that thing you aren't supposed to feed them for a second.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    "Oh no you don..."

@BMSO I thought you fed the rooster that thing you aren't supposed to feed them for a second.

@Metior_Ice Seriously? xDD Nah, JK
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Before I share my response post, I wanted to share my new build mode Jam. I've been building a lot lately, and I shared some new builds to the gallery. Anyways, here's one of the new cottage living songs. If I can't find a radio song to associate with Jack, then this song would be his theme.

https://youtu.be/cEC1bXjlkaE
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    "Oh no you don..."

@Metior_Ice Seriously? xDD Nah, JK

@BMSO There is a food you can feed chickens that the game tells you not to feed them. Jack got it as a gift from wild birds.
    Yeah, this is definitely the theme I would play for Jack Galleon. It's just the right amount of upbeat for him. He's been a very positive and fun sim to play.

https://youtu.be/cEC1bXjlkaE
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    Hello, hope everyone is doing well. Oh man, 824 new comments since I last checked in here. Wishing I could play earlier but work has me occupied. I got tired of playing my previous save with Archie, Anna and Arthur. I'm putting them on hold for now. For now I just got Cottage living, and created a new save. This is the Trowel family.
    7u8FWWR.png
    The head of the family is Nando Trowel, his wife passed away and now he is left with his two YA daughters and YA son. He is in the middle and to his left is daughter Neyla, and to his right is his other daughter Barbara.
    The family owns and maintains a farm, Nando knows he doesn't have much time left, and wants to leave the farm to his son. He's from an older time, and doesn't want to leave the farm in care of his daughters. He believes a man should lead. He also is very careful with men being his daughters, he gets to know their potential suitors. Barbara recently gotten engaged and now he is keeping an eye on Neyla. DirzReY.png Neyla knows how her father can be so she doesn't want him getting involved with her romantic life, though she hasn't really found any one charming enough. XIqjxx5.png Neyla loves knitting and she does enjoy spending time around the animals, she takes care of them7DGtNXL.png and feeds them 5JfjRG0.png On the other hand is her brother Ben, he usually prides himself with being the next heir of the family farm and goes around town bragging. Unfortunately he doesn't spend time taking care of the farm or know how to maintain it, his sister Neyla is sure he doesn't realize their last name also happens to be the name of a gardening tool. He usually goes to the stands in town and comments how his produce and flowers are much better WTWDrcE.png She's just tired of hearing him every time. MfqGr6u.png He also likes to flirt with women, despite them disliking it kHBiYJF.png Agnes had just enough of him too 4NwtDA4.png She hit him with her purse cIIC7Qd.png Her face :DoeLBxB0.pngraReePf.png He'd be embarrassed and head back home, usually unleashing his anger on whichever sister was nearby. RrzMtUR.png Bens quick to anger, his attitude and actions have Neyla convinced if he gets control of the farm, everything will go downhill.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2021
    I created Illidan Stormrage from the Warcraft series in The Sims 4, along with a blood elf character based on my Demon Hunter character from World of Warcraft named "Amaryllis" or just Amy for short. Anywho, they're on their first child, Arelorn, and Amy is mostly working while Illidan raises his little soon-to-be-demon hunter.
    edited August 2021
    I'm genuinely curious. What does everyone think of the Turei's, and why is Damion more popular? I noticed that more people liked Damion causing a Heatwave in the Forgotten Hollow than a family acting on whims and pursuing their likes and dislikes.

@Becka28 Ekram always upsets me. I haven't played the Elderberry Household, but whenever I see him in your posts, he just seems genuinely mean.

@Dust_Bunny2010 I look forward to reading more of your story.

@sarabeth2984 I really love Dante. He's an interesting mervampire. He seems genuinely nice. Did you pursue the good vampire aspiration with him?

@angelbear If you can get your singing level up, it can be extremely helpful when befriending the animals. Birds and Rabits give rare items as gifts that are great to sell. Singing is the quickest way to befriend animals.
    @BlueSeaWaves I like your legacy story so far. I hope everything works out with the farm.
    edited October 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Pink Tail Prince: A New World

Background Info:
    The Mua Pel'Am Pod had seven Elders that safeguarded the Mua Pel'Am Pod and protected the Island of Mua Pel'Am. While the Island Volcano created new worlds, the Sea connected the Worlds. The Elders protected the connection between worlds by protecting an Aspect of Seven Major Worlds.

When the Darkfins destroyed the seven Elders, the Blue Tail bloodline seemed extinct until the Twins, Dylan and Zephyr Zalrian, were born. Dylan and Zephyr were born to protect the Sulani Islands and restored Mua Pel'Am. Dylan and Zephyr are now Marine Biologists, and they continue to watch over Sulani and the Pod's Island of Mua Pel'Am. The Blue Tail Elder protected the Sea and Sky, the core domains that connect the worlds. Dylan protects the Sea. Zephyr protects the Sky.

Jack Galleon was born with a knack for cultivating life and growing plants. The Young Pink Tail Heir was lost to the pod until recently. Jack woke up in a small pond in the hills of New Old Henford in the World of Henford-on-Bagley. He doesn't have any memory of how he ended up there, and he's unaware of his role within the pod. For Jack, it's like being reborn in a new world. The small village has a lot of people that need help. Jack couldn't help but notice all the different animals and empty land waiting to be cultivated. The Pink Tail Elder protected life by cultivating it and befriending nature. Jack instinctively decided to make this world his home and began growing a garden, hoping to cultivate a farm.

On the First Day of Spring, Jack was sleeping in a small pond. With his eyes closed, there was nothing but darkness until the sun began to rise over the hills.

51373907405_404914834d_h.jpg

It wasn't the morning sun that woke him. Instead, he felt the freezing chill of the end of winter creep over his scales and skin.

Jack's thoughts: "It feels like I was frozen inside that pond."

Jack left the pond and shapeshifted into his human form. It was warmer outside the water.

51372903766_4f9210e4e9_h.jpg

Jack heard the chirps of some morning birds he named the Blue Jays. He went over to say hi.

"Why did the Hermit Crab cross the beach?"

Jack paused.

"Because his new house was on the other shore!"

Jack couldn't help himself with the fishy joke.

51372903396_b9766fb48a_h.jpg

Using his mermadic voice, Jack sang to the birds as the sun rose higher. His voice quickly captivated the birds.

51372903741_982384a59f_h.jpg
    In thanks for the song, the Blue Jays gave him a gift. Jack needed some money, so he hesitantly sold it.

51373633279_7550098e40_h.jpg

Naturally Jack was drawn to the river, he swam low to the water's surface as he explored. At first, he wanted to be careful, but there didn't seem to be a lot of humans around.

51372143012_4a09474c01_h.jpg

As Jack swam, he remembered a world, his homeworld. He remembered his friend from that world, Rosado, and he called him.

51372142617_690ffea7fa_h.jpg

Jack: "How have you been Rosado?"

Rosado: "Good. It seems like it's been ages since we talked."

Jack: "I think that might've had something to do with me being frozen inside a pond."

Rosado: "That's a weird place to be."

Jack: "Tell me about it."

51372142997_636e9e1c31_h.jpg

Jack: "The River is a long ways away from the Sea. How's Mua Pel'Am?"

Rosado: "A couple Blue Tails have been busy keeping the Island healthy. Mua Pel'Am and the surrounding reefs are thriving. The skies are clear and free of smog."

Jack: "That's great. I may stay in this world if everything is going so swimmingly in Sulani. I want to see what this place has to offer!"

51372903691_0f1cec010f_h.jpg

51373131933_e6cf424d87_h.jpg

Jack: "Rosado, do you think you could fetch me something from the sea. I'm going to need some extra Simoleans to get my farm going."

Rosado: "Sure thing buddy."

51373131928_0e9c9777b9_h.jpg

Jack: "Thanks buddy."

51373907305_79f43de0f7_h.jpg

Jack: "I have to know. Are humans still swimming around those orange-floating-things?"

Rosado: "They never stopped. I'm still wondering what they are looking for?"

Jack: "I guess we'll never know."

Jack: "While they keep looking under the sea, I wonder about the Islands. Did I miss the Sea Turtles hatching?"

Rosado: "Yeah, now they're back to laying eggs again. Next time, don't get frozen in a pond."

Jack: "I'll try. I guess I'll never live that one down."

51372142937_4ce9a6ebdb_h.jpg

51372142932_93f69f3e06_h.jpg

The cold started to set in, so Jack used his mermadic powers to clear the sky. As temperatures rose, he took a quick nap in the river.

51373907235_7ab162a005_h.jpg

51373907225_27c9d5ae22_h.jpg

When he woke up, Jack saw a human tending to a community garden. He decided to help out after they left. He quickly developed a love for gardening.

51372142912_6c00524303_h.jpg

Thanks to the birds and his dolphin friend, Jack had enough money to start his garden. While his back was turned, a timid fox watched him.

51373633229_6375de8adf_h.jpg

Jack noticed the Fox and gave him a gift. He learned that the Fox was named Shadow. Shadow was grateful for the gift.

51373907205_e1ae414c7f_h.jpg

That night, Jack went back to his pond and got some sleep.

51372903616_580c572e05_h.jpg

And the next morning, Jack went to work collecting whatever he could to expand his farm.

51372903606_30052d8f37_h.jpg

Jack to Shadow: "What did the sea snail say to the fish?"

Shadow tilted his head.

Jack: "Oh kelp me, I forgot my conch shell on the other sea shore!"

Shadow tilted his head again. "What is he talking about?"

51373907155_18255b9120_h.jpg

51373907145_d64da2f381_h.jpg
    (At this point, I gave up trying to change Jack out of his Swimwear. :D I guess it works. He's not human and is a merman. I just let him wear what he wanted to wear. I did adjust his outfit to make it his occult attire. Like, I really couldn't stop him from constantly trying to swim around. :D He's a true merman that loves the water. Even though his outfit is from the feminine category, I like the cleaner look of the outfit. I don't imagine it as feminine, rather, I see it as something that might be more formal for an Elder Heir. My options are limited in that regards)

After going for a swim, Jack sang to the birds and collected more gifts.

51373131738_a7bfc00289_h.jpg

51373131738_a7bfc00289_h.jpg

A few locals started telling stories about the pink fish. The few that saw the blue fish at Foxbury wondered if there was a connection. Both Dylan and Jack seemed to have started Urban legends.

51373633174_5ec754a23b_h.jpg

Jack received a strange call about a family inheritance, but he decided that he didn't want to have anything to do with it. Also, he didn't know who his extended family was or if he had a family somewhere. He only remembered that he was from Sulani.

51373633384_3f7d12cfbb_h.jpg

Of course, he was still acclimating to the cold water in this world.

51373633379_0475c18017_h.jpg

But, one of the perks of being a merman or mermaid is the ability to change the weather and warm things up.

51373131668_6dd5234916_h.jpg

Since Jack was swimming in the River, he decided to call Rosado.

51373907075_5da7f57a6c_h.jpg

Jack: "I'm feeling a bit homesick, but I still have too much to do here to swim back to Sulani. Can you do a trick for me?"

Rosado: "I'll jump out of the water like an erupting volcano!"

51373633364_844338d144_h.jpg

Jack perked up: "That would be awesome!"

51373633159_bb2ca58f41_h.jpg

Jack: "Woah, that's some air!"

51373131648_4c993bb7c5_h.jpg

When Rosado landed in the water, a wave splashed into Jack.

51373907050_3788a4e818_k.jpg

Jack didn't have a lot to give his friend, but he gave him a fish to eat.

51373907035_23b7639085_h.jpg

Jack ducked low to the water as Rosado splashed at him: "You know, two can play at this game!"

51373131613_5540d85f08_h.jpg

Jack leaped out of the water and splashed Rosado. Rosado was impressed by how far into the air he got.

51373907010_a838dd3114_h.jpg

Even though Jack missed the smell of salty-air and the sea, he loved all the animals in this New World. He knew that staying was a good choice. Before Jack returned to his pond, Rosado gave him a farewell splash.

51372142667_c5b8215919_h.jpg

Jack: "What did the tuna say to the marlin?"

Rosado tilted his head.

Jack: "I need to tuna my piano!"

Rosado: "That was just bad."

Jack: "But, it made you laugh!"

Rosado: "No, no it didn't."

51373633144_a0f2f19e14_h.jpg
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    Well, now Jack has a farm that takes half a sim day to tend to. :D I'm wondering when I'll find time to sell his harvest.
    So, the farms that can be be made with cottage living can really spiral.

Jack has such a huge crop that it takes most of the sim day to harvest and tend to the garden. My initial plan was to have Jack sell his harvest at a booth from Eco Lifestyle or City Living. Then, eventually progress to owning a shop. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough sim hours in a sim day for this.

So, here's my compromise, I had Jack ask Cecilia to move in with him. She was helping him tend to his farm anyways, so she'll be a huge help.

I'm not pursuing a family between the two of them in this save. As much as I would love to pursue relationships and families with all my households, I don't think my game will support that many sims and function like it's supposed to.

I may add patchy to the game. I wanted to save him for my spellcaster legacy, but even the help from Cecilia, the Rabbits, the Birds, and Thomas Wattson isn't enough to keep up with the crop harvests. I'm just not sure how Patchy might factor into the non-spellcaster household.

Also, Jack is living in a Microhome. He only has 32 squares used for the home, but you wouldn't know it. The fact that pools don't count toward the area is a life-saver. Merfolk and Microhomes is a broken combination.

My new goal is to try and make the farm as autonomously self managed as possible. Wish me luck!
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Not today but last night my poor culinary arts university student got kicked out because I accidentally hit submit plagiarized instead of write term paper. 😳

Whoops..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top