Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #150 - Before and After
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2021
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 151
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Contemporary Gem
    LOT COST: 2,500
    GALLERY COST: 62,402
    TOTAL COST: 64,902
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: This contemporary, modern home was made for a cute couple, Casey and Emily Smith. They always wanted a home gym and music studio plus they have a piano, modern kitchen, pool, hottub, spacious backyard for entertaining, and a wonderful area for gardening. Their cozy bedroom is just right for knitting, working on a computer or ...um...enjoying themselves!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:fUqBJQz.png

MJmRZQY.png

5AICNlV.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    CHALLENGE #151 - Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Clousinators
    ORIGIN ID: Clousinators
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise
    NEW LOT LINK: Larson Family Home
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 144,381
    TOTAL COST: 148,381 (I guess being short on time helped me keep it under the original budget)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Larson Family Home Tour
    ENTRY DETAILS: Pat and Jamie Larson are taking on a challenge of raising 4 nieces and nephews, so I decided to take on the challenge of building them a house. For the exterior of the house I wanted to keep a little of the original build shape so the front porch area and nearby walls are the same, the rest of the house I tried to make visually appealing with lots of different angles. I picked the lot in Brindleton because I felt it gave it a more traditional home feel and its a nice spacious lot with great views. 4 bedrooms, 4 bath, a game room, home office, covered and uncovered porch, pond, garden, firepit, and basketball court. It has a little of everything for everybody. I was on vacation for a while and ran short of time so I could have done more but I think the house is perfect for the Larson Family and all their new interests. Maybe they can use the leftover money to take a nice vacation together as well
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NoCC Art. Artists: holyshmowow, xXSarina_27xX, cosmond12, catatron16, major19822003, AlJay2000 ( @AlJay ), lostine815
    TWITTER TAG: mere5915
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    qnwrIbh.png
    S6uFOtZ.png
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    CHALLENGE BnS #151 – Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Summer Designer Showdown
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7EB9AB82F23211EB8631ADE44B91FD6A?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 132482
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/V4L3czB

I built a cozy three bedroom, 2 ½ bath home, with a living room, dinning room kitchen, laundry room and a boho office on the first floor, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths on the second floor, the master bedroom is setup for the new arrival. The yard is fully landscaped, has a kids play area, a pool with a sunken firepit, sitting area, BBQ area and since dad is a spy, he has a HE shed out back. There are gnomes scattered all around the gardens, can you find them?? 😊
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
  • AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited August 2021
    FORUM ID: Aquacatt
    ORIGIN ID: aquacatt3

LEVEL: I participated in BNS with Sims 3 (about 10 years ago), so I'd say established.
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hillside Highlands, Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Not available since the lot contains CC
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 62983
    TOTAL COST: 64983
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWoKULX

ENTRY DETAILS: Casey and Emily Smith love their new updated modern build. There's plenty of room for Emily to pursue her love of fitness, she even turned one of the spare bedrooms into a home gym. Casey loves the large kitchen so he can prepare gourmet vegan dishes that keep the family on the path to wellness.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Most CC is from The Sims Resource. Walls are from https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 51348752629_8b3067befb_h.jpgBNS151 01 exterior by Kelly, on Flickr
    Post edited by Aquacatt on
    edited August 2021
    @Aquacatt, welcome to Build'n'Share for the Sims4! To find your gallery link you have to go to https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery and search for your lot, or your Origin ID. Unfortunately, since your lot has cc, it won't show up in the browser gallery. It will in the in-game gallery, as long as you check the box to include custom content.
    Yes it is possible to share photos from flickr as long as you set your album to be public. You should be able to look up how to do that.
    Aquacatt wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Aquacatt
    ORIGIN ID: aquacatt3

LEVEL: I participated in BNS with Sims 3 (about 10 years ago), so I'd say established, except I can't figure out how to share photos here or how to find my "new lot link" in the gallery. Oh boy I feel old!

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hillside Highlands, Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: How do I find this link?
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 62983
    TOTAL COST: 64983
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWoKULX

ENTRY DETAILS: Casey and Emily Smith love their new updated modern build. There's plenty of room for Emily to pursue her love of fitness, she even turned one of the spare bedrooms into a home gym. Casey loves the large kitchen so he can prepare gourmet vegan dishes that keep the family on the path to wellness.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Most CC is from The Sims Resource. Walls are from https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES: Does sharing a photo from flickr not work? Help please. :blush:

GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS151 - Summer Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5M8KPTr.jpg

Your latest clients barely wait for Karl to open the door before striding past, looking sleekly sophisticated and confident in their matching suits. “We apologise for barging in, but we’re in a hurry, we need to be at court in an hour,” the one on the right says, impatiently smoothing down a lock of unruly hair.
    “I understand. Mr. Lau, isn’t it? What can I do for you?” You ask at his brisk nod.
    “We have a list of our needs,” the other attorney, who must be Adil Bailey, says, unfolding a sheet of paper.
    “Thank you, but I’d like to hear from you exactly what you’re looking for,” you say.
    “We’re getting married, and want to start our own law office together rather than continue to work at separate law offices. We also need to combine our households. We only have enough simoleons for one lot, Justin Lau explains.
    Mr. Bailey nods. “That’s why we want a law office with living quarters upstairs, to save on money.. The office portion needs to have at least two offices, a restroom, conference room, and waiting room. A kitchenette would be convenient but not necessary if it can’t be done.”
    “Upstairs, we’d like one or two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a great room,” Justin adds. “Keep the landscaping simple, please, we don’t have much time for yard work.”
    You nod, making notes of everything. “What’s the budget?”
    “Will 100,000 do?”
    “It should. Do you have any color or design preferences?”
    “Bold colors, with lots of wood and leather,” Mr. Lawson replies before Mr. Bailey can open his mouth.
    “The rest we leave in your very capable hands,” Mr. Bailey says.
    “Thank you for the vote of confidence. I think we can have your new office and home ready in one month,” you say, standing to shake hands.
    “Good It’ll be nice not to have to worry about a commute,” Mr. Lau says just as his phone rings. He pulls it out to answer even as he turns to leave.
    Mr. Bailey only has time for a quick wave and apologetic glance before he too is on his phone.

The Brief:
    The budget is 100,000
    Lot size: 30x20
    The office space on the main level must have two offices.
    Must have a restroom (or two)
    Must include a reception and waiting area.
    Optional kitchenette.
    The house:
    At least one bedroom and bathroom.
    Must have a great room - kitchen/living/dining combination.

Sim Challenge

Create Justin Lau and Adil Bailey and show them in their home/office. You can pick all their traits, likes and dislikes. Be sure to show all their outfits.

Room Challenge

Budget: 10k
    Build the office reception and waiting area.
    Remember to include the entirety of the hashtag #bns152 or your entry will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is 31 August 2021, no later than 23:59:59 New York Time/EDT.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #150 - Before and After

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2021
    Ll71I0W.png

Hawthorne Project Phase 13 is still open until Sept 30th.

We are asking your Sims to come forward and apply for the chance to be given a new home, custom built to their needs, with everything they might need to reboot their lives.

Fill out the application form and send us a picture and who knows “It could be you!"
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    @Aquacatt, welcome to Build'n'Share for the Sims4! To find your gallery link you have to go to https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery and search for your lot, or your Origin ID. Unfortunately, since your lot has cc, it won't show up in the browser gallery. It will in the in-game gallery, as long as you check the box to include custom content.
    Yes it is possible to share photos from flickr as long as you set your album to be public. You should be able to look up how to do that.
    Thanks for the welcome. I did google how to share an embedded photo here in the forums, and I've done it in the past! I was trying to get the little shortcut button to work, but I'll just have to look up the manual tags. :smile:

So, I can't share a link to my gallery with my entry because of the cc is how I'm reading that. I do see my lot in my gallery in game, but couldn't find it in the gallery in a web browser...now I understand it's because of the cc. Thanks again for the response. I hope my entry is valid with just the slideshow link. But if not, I sure had fun doing a challenge again after 10 years. LOL
    Aquacatt wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome. I did google how to share an embedded photo here in the forums, and I've done it in the past! I was trying to get the little shortcut button to work, but I'll just have to look up the manual tags. :smile:

So, I can't share a link to my gallery with my entry because of the cc is how I'm reading that. I do see my lot in my gallery in game, but couldn't find it in the gallery in a web browser...now I understand it's because of the cc. Thanks again for the response. I hope my entry is valid with just the slideshow link. But if not, I sure had fun doing a challenge again after 10 years. LOL

Yes, your entry is still valid. The judges will be able to locate it from the In-game gallery, which shows the same information.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #150 - Before and After

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #151 - Summer Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Did I miss the results for the Established Spring Designer Showdown Challenge? 🤔

It's BNS148.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    CHALLENGE #152 - Home Sweet Office
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Planet Honey Pop in San Myshuno
    NEW LOT LINK: An Appealing New Home
    LOT COST: $15,000.00
    GALLERY COST: $84,940
    TOTAL COST: $99,940.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #152 - Home Sweet Office
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to spend the big bucks on a lot, giving Justin & Adil prime downtown real-estate for their Law Firm. The Office is designed with dark wood paneling on the walls and a mostly carpeted space for comfort and sound control. There are two offices, a conference room and a staff room with a kitchenette as requested. The furniture is mostly red leather but I didn't want to go too bold for a office space. I wanted the clients to feel safe and comfortable there without the distraction of a bunch of colors. The upstairs residential unit is a different story. I have designed it as more of a loft style, giving it dark hardwood floors and plastered brick walls. I used bright colors throughout the home in the furniture as well as the artwork on the walls. There are two bedrooms in the unit as well as two bathrooms. I have also given the couple a deck off the Master suite to enjoy.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all nocc artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BNRwRxR.png
    e1RPpvF.png
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #152 – Home Sweet Office

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Beech Byway

NEW LOT LINK: Lau-Bailey House (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/860BC6EAF75311EB8FE8C0B26CC30691)

LOT COST: § 2,000

GALLERY COST: § 97,792

TOTAL COST: § 99,792

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/659452749287686144/lau-bailey-house

ENTRY DETAILS:

For the office part of the house, I went for a sleek modern cosmolux style to make it look more professional.

For the residential part of the house, I decided to decorate it in MCM-style. This is so that the décor is in line with the clients’ design preference of using bold colors, with lots of wood and leather.

To ensure a smooth visual transition between the office and residential parts of the house, I used a orange/green colour scheme throughout the house.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

TWITTER TAG: N/A

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0b5348081d59e43205242b50bfcf4ec5a0277ef5.jpg

92407f3d019509eaba3744e2445dc5a4875c1f02.jpg
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    CHALLENGE #152 - Home Sweet Office
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Movers & Shakers in Willow Creek
    GALLERY NAME: Home Sweet Office (BG)
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F0FC47DFFD1C11EB8142047BDC94C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $4,000
    GALLERY COST: $95,971
    TOTAL COST: $99,971
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/MdSqs7T
    ENTRY DETAILS: This beautiful business lot is easily accessible and there are two Spa on the adjacent lots. Therefore, it is quiet and peaceful at night, so it is also suitable for an apartment. It also has a nice view of the water. On the lower level I used more serious dark colors plus red, and upstairs in the comfortable home orange and green are the predominant colors. Whith the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms this home will suit them for a long time. I hope Justin and Adil will have a good time here. I used basegame only for this challenge.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Arts by Mnewi1103 Aljay2000 Catatron16 and Juwels64
    PICTURES:
    754Thhp.png
    BxbuIRH.png
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    Welp. I was gonna join... had one room left (out of a four story townhouse) to decorate annnnd my game crashed while saving. I lost the entire build. Took me the better part of the entire day, so there's that. With a kid who's vomiting and my hubby working a 12 hour shift tomorrow, I'm just gonna go ahead and bow out. Good luck, entrants!
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #151 - Summer Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #151 - Summer Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #151 - Summer Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited August 2021
    CHALLENGE – 152: Home Sweet Office

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Preeminent Domain in Magnolia Promenade
    NEW LOT LINK: Office/Loft Combo
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 85,437
    TOTAL COST: 88,437
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/152-home-sweet-office.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: This office/loft combo is perfect for the professional sim(s) who is busy taking care of business with the convenience of living on the same property. Considering their busy schedule, landscaping consists of easy to manage décor, leaving wildflowers, wild lavender, and low maintenance fountains. The office half has two personal offices, reception area, bathrooms, and conference room/kitchenette. The loft has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, reading area, and BBQ area outside.
    Because of the size and orientation of the lot, I really wanted to elongate the building to better fit it. So, I decided to create a loft with the bedroom and bathroom above the office side of the building with the rest of the loft built back behind it. I also basically created a two-sided building with each end of the lot having their own entryway and décor.
    I took into consideration the clients’ desire for bold colors, and including a lot of leather and wood. Both the office space and loft area abound with color, different hues helping differentiate between the various rooms. I focused in on the loft to present more leather furniture, though both sides have plenty of wood furniture as well.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    08-19-21-12-48-53-pm_orig.png
    08-19-21-12-49-16-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited August 2021
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 151: Engaged Lawyer Couple

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    HOUSEHOLD: Lawyerly Couple
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/152-home-sweet-office.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Justin & Adil have just gotten engaged! As long as they're merging households, they decided to merge their legal practices as well. Adil is a bit more outspoken & Self Absorbed than Justin, who tends to be more proper and gentler. In some ways they may seem like opposites, but in the end, they share the same life goals, primarily to become as rich as possible so that they can enjoy their hobbies outside of work.
    I envision Adil as being an arrogant individual while Justin is always politely apologizing for him behind his back as they leave.
    PICTURES:
    08-17-21-8-35-03-pm_orig.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 15: Reception and Waiting Room

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ROOM: Reception Area
    GALLERY COST: 9,976
    ENTRY DETAILS: A bright and simple reception area for an office.
    PICTURES:
    08-18-21-8-09-32-pm_orig.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top