Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hobbies to add to TS4

RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I love hobbies in the game, especially creative ones! I always want more skills and hobbies added to the game. Some that I loved that I think came with TS2 freetime were Pottery and Ballet. The pottery was amazing and sims could make really pretty creations. I liked the Ballet hobby a lot but it was stuck to a Ballet Barre, and I would like to see that skill come back but come back better. Although it would be cool to have like a Barre fitness class in the gyms!
I also think glass blowing could be a really fun new skill that would be great for marketable sims. And I just like creative hobbies that allow sims to make personal decorative items for their homes.
What are some other hobbies that could bring a lot of gameplay and fun to the game?
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I would love sewing. With an addition of a challenge similar to Simple Living, where you won't be able to create new outfits unless you've made or bought your clothes.
    Pottery would be good too! And sculpting.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Where's my fortune-telling?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Car restoration and collecting.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I would love sewing and pottery as creative hobbies.
    Sports like soccer (sims actually playing together) , ballet or karate would also be great. Perhaps these could also be a hobby for children like scouts.

somewhsome wrote: »
    I would love sewing. With an addition of a challenge similar to Simple Living, where you won't be able to create new outfits unless you've made or bought your clothes.
    Pottery would be good too! And sculpting.

I would love if my sims actually had to buy or create new outfits. I remember having to buy them in sims 2. A limitless free wardrobe is just so unrealistic.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I just want the pool table back
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Agreed! New hobbies are always welcome. I would especially love horse riding, origami, drawing, and more dance styles e.g. ballet, ballroom, slow dancing etc. I would also love more musical instruments e.g. lute, harp etc. I think archery, fencing, and pottery would be fun too.
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Ooh! I like archery!! That would be so awesome.
    I agree that harp would be a lovely instrument to add, and dancing needs to be updated. I really want my sims to be able to slow dance. Ballroom dancing would be great, and also swing dancing!! They could make some really cool animations for that.
    I agree, I need the pool table!!
    I remember having my handy sims do car restoration. That was pretty cool. It was also fun for parents and teens to do that together. And yes, we need a net for our soccer ball so sims can practice goal shots.
    All great ideas!!
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Handiness needs a lot more, and I feel game development should be a skill rather than something added to programming. A lot goes on in games. It's programming, storytelling, and an art form.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    Basically use Sims 2 Free Time as your bible for this. It's the best.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't have the time to fully answer this right now but I essentially want all the hobbies. I'd love a hobby pack. Free Time was one of the TS2 packs that I played the most. I'd really want a full pack with a lot to do. Is it a hobby? I probably want it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    deep sea diving
    car and ship designer
    kite surfing
    base jumping
    ice sculpting