Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairy hints?

Has anyone noticed that the plants/trees in HOB will occasionally glitter like they are filled with fairy lights?
I am also thinking all the fairy light decor and the tree with the little door from cottage living could be pointing towards a fairy pack.
What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    There are several of us hoping for an occult pack at least :) I would be happy to see fairies in the game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    There are several of us hoping for an occult pack at least :) I would be happy to see fairies in the game.

I wonder if the new occult will be genies? We had the Morrocan kit and they have teased a new kaftan type robe as a future free update, so I am wondering if they are maybe working on an Arabian nights type pack, with genies and thieves?
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I wonder if the new occult will be genies? We had the Morrocan kit and they have teased a new kaftan type robe as a future free update, so I am wondering if they are maybe working on an Arabian nights type pack, with genies and thieves?

That sounds cool.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

Although Faeries, Werewolves, and Super Heroes are my top desires for the game, I'd be totally behind Genies. I'm so starved for a new occult lifestate, I'd probably take literally any occult at this point...
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't have CoL but they all sound like possible hints, especially the little door in the tree!
    I'm not much of an occult player myself, but I know lots of players want faeries (and other occults), so I'd be absolutely thrilled for you. :smile:
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    As I already said in another thread, I also think that these are hints at a fairy GP coming sooner than later. I am not an occult fan, but I got my biggest wish (farming) fullfilled, so it's time for them to get some attention, too.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Although Faeries, Werewolves, and Super Heroes are my top desires for the game, I'd be totally behind Genies. I'm so starved for a new occult lifestate, I'd probably take literally any occult at this point...

The funny thing is, I don't think I've ever played a werewolf in a sims game, and I probably wouldn't in TS4, either. But they seem sort of fundamental to me, maybe because I know so many other people really want them? So I expect to see them first.

For me personally, fairies would be at the top of the wishlist, followed by genies (can't remember now whether it was TS2 or TS3, but I definitely had a favorite genie household at one point), then werewolves. But I hope we will get all 3 eventually, and at least one this year.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Most people want werewolves, since it has more to do with Werewolves and Vampires being a package deal, you really can't have one without the other, Vampires and Werewolves are mortal enemies, however I wouldn't mind playable Fairies.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I still want Fairies, Genies & Werewolves, oh my... :p
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the plants/trees in HOB will occasionally glitter like they are filled with fairy lights?
    I am also thinking all the fairy light decor and the tree with the little door from cottage living could be pointing towards a fairy pack.
    What do you all think?

The little door in the tree we got as a bonus object specifically hints fairy to me because where I am is heavily influenced by British culture and there was a forest where i used to live where people place little doorways like that against trees for fairies. They are fairy doors. And the Cotswolds area of Britain, which this pack is heavily inspired by, is similarly rich in fairy lore. The world itself is a bit of a fairy hint that way.

Also all of the decor basically screams "fairy garden" to me. And the giant snail in the world is a very whimsical fairy like thing. The snail and his trail could only be that big to a fairy from its tiny perspective.

Theres also the fact that the pack focused around things that help you in the garden. Kids, even rabbits and chickens and birds are helping you garden, it would be fitting to next add something else that helps in the garden. Or lives in the garden.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    CathplaysthesimsCathplaysthesims Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope it's a hint, I miss playing with fairies. I have a fairy mod, and i kinda of explore it a bit, but a pack would have so much more stuff:D
    I'd love for werewolves and genies to come to The Sims 4 aswell like temporalgod said, but if i had to choose one, i'd go for fairies <3
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Fairy lights are a pretty massive trend now, so I doubt it's in reference to anything. The door in the tree could be a hint though. I would love to see fairies added but we're unlikely to get another GP this year so it'll probably be a while :s
  • Options
    I want my sims to fly like an Eagal.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I don't have CoL but they all sound like possible hints, especially the little door in the tree!
    I'm not much of an occult player myself, but I know lots of players want faeries (and other occults), so I'd be absolutely thrilled for you. :smile:
    You don't know what your missing. The vampire pack is my favorite by miles.
  • Options
    Vili_K3Vili_K3 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've definately seen hints everywhere. I love fairy lore irl so having them in the game would make my year. However, I don't know if I would prefer more gameplay to improve the lives of the current occults. Like items and activities for child occults, more occult careers and making the haunted lots more accessible. I want to make the Magic Realm haunted and have Guidry show up as some kind of Medium Sage.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I've definitely seen hints everywhere I love fairy's so having them in the game would make my year I think there will be a fairy's game pack in October but I've been wrong before I am just wishing so heard
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's such huge gaps between occults. I like creepy things.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    I hope. occults haven't been explored that much!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Most people want werewolves, since it has more to do with Werewolves and Vampires being a package deal, you really can't have one without the other, Vampires and Werewolves are mortal enemies, however I wouldn't mind playable Fairies.

Well, Werewolves are among my favorite occult Life States, but what I especially like about the game pack treatment is specifically that I can have them without Vampires. Even when I played World of Darkness tabletop games, vamps were last on my dance card.

There are certainly fairy-like touches to Henford on Bagley... but the same could be said of the mysterious tree in Willow Creek, a Spellcaster familiar, certain base game paintings, and so on.

I'd be cautious of interpreting anything as a hint of Fairies game pack being "soon" by any scale. We just got Guru confirmation that the dev team is aware of demand for occults - but also that they don't expect to have more to say about it now.
  • Options
    I'd say that the biggest problem with Werewolves is that if you have werewolves, you need lunar cycles, right?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'd say that the biggest problem with Werewolves is that if you have werewolves, you need lunar cycles, right?

Not really some werewolves (the ones that were once humans and got turned) need lunar cycles, while others (purebloods) can transform at will.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited August 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

Depends on the folklore they use, but for the most familiar strains of European folklore, yes. I'm pretty sure that southwestern Native American folklore doesn't require a moon, and I want to say the same is true for much of Asian folklore on the subject as well. And I'm pretty sure there are European stories that aren't tied to the moon either, but I can't place them in my head (Other than the Greek origin of the term.)

The idea of "turned" werewolves being tied to the moon but "born" werewolves not is a relatively recent development. Of course, the idea of Werewolf bloodlines outside of a cursed family is also a relatively recent development, along with werewolves not being evil/preying on humans and the bulk of Werewolf v. Vampire conflict (at least from what I can recall.)

But they could probably add moon phases, especially now that we have the calendar, though I doubt it would be 27-29 day cycles. Probably 6-8 day cycles (7 would make the most sense, but be kinda boring because then the same phase of the moon would fall on the same day each week.)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm hoping for the return of fairies. They would fit very nicely in Henford on Begley.
  • Options
    I always though Fairies would fit in Henford also. ;)
  • Options
    Why can't PlantSims come first? I'm not saying this to the Devs. I'm saying this to EA. How about, next time you consider your budget, considering us as PLAYERS, not PAYERS.