March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Sims Forum Mobile App?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
edited June 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Okay, so I really need this. I actually leave my house quite frequently and it would be so much more convenient for me to use an app for the forums rather than my browser, for the following reasons:

1) Using the Internet for the forums eats up my data! I love to look on here a lot, and if we could have an app that optimizes how much data is used, rather than using my mobile browser, that would be amazing!

2) Using the forums in a mobile browser is messy. I constantly have to change the setting to the desktop view, and even then it's not optimized for the phone, and I always have to pinch and zoom. An app that has specific optimizations for the mobile device you're on could be great. This way, you can have a great experience on your mobile device when using the forums as well as on your computer.

But that's just my two cents. :)
Let me know if you agree.

@SimGuruDrake Can you check this out? Since you seem to be the only active Guru right now? xD

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    ZSims601 wrote: »
    Okay, so I really need this. I actually leave my house quite frequently and it would be so much more convenient for me to use an app for the forums rather than my browser, for the following reasons:

1) Using the Internet for the forums eats up my data! I love to look on here a lot, and if we could have an app that optimizes how much data is used, rather than using my mobile browser, that would be amazing!

2) Using the forums in a mobile browser is messy. I constantly have to change the setting to the desktop view, and even then it's not optimized for the phone, and I always have to pinch and zoom. An app that has specific optimizations for the mobile device you're on could be great. This way, you can have a great experience on your mobile device when using the forums as well as on your computer.

@SimGuruDrake Can you check this out? Since you seem to be the only active Guru right now? xD

I've actually been working with our forum team to see if this is possible, happy to hear that this is something users do want :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    I'm always using the forums on my tablet and I agree that it's very messy, I hate having to switch it to desktop mode every single time I log in, or open a thread in a new tab. So I'd love a mobile app! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    ZSims601 wrote: »

I've actually been working with our forum team to see if this is possible, happy to hear that this is something users do want :)

@SimGuruDrake YESSS thank you!!!!
    I'm always using the forums on my tablet and I agree that it's very messy, I hate having to switch it to desktop mode every single time I log in, or open a thread in a new tab. So I'd love a mobile app! :)

Glad to know you want it too Llama!!
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    I hope we can get a forums app! 50% of the time I'm on the forums is on my phone and sometimes it gets rather frustrating.
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I hope we can get a forums app! 50% of the time I'm on the forums is on my phone and sometimes it gets rather frustrating.

@PeaceSign101 Same here! :)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    It would be cool to have but only if it's visually impaired friendly.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Me want.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Crimson_Angel_41Crimson_Angel_41 Posts: 24 Member
    > @"[Deleted User]" said:
    > Okay, so I really need this. I actually leave my house quite frequently and it would be so much more convenient for me to use an app for the forums rather than my browser, for the following reasons:
    >
    > 1) Using the Internet for the forums eats up my data! I love to look on here a lot, and if we could have an app that optimizes how much data is used, rather than using my mobile browser, that would be amazing!
    >
    > 2) Using the forums in a mobile browser is messy. I constantly have to change the setting to the desktop view, and even then it's not optimized for the phone, and I always have to pinch and zoom. An app that has specific optimizations for the mobile device you're on could be great. This way, you can have a great experience on your mobile device when using the forums as well as on your computer.
    >
    > But that's just my two cents. :)
    > Let me know if you agree.
    >
    > @SimGuruDrake Can you check this out? Since you seem to be the only active Guru right now? xD

Yesss, it is 2021 hopefully it is still in the process of being made @SimGuruDrake
  • Crimson_Angel_41Crimson_Angel_41 Posts: 24 Member
    @SimGuruDrake
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member

SimGuruDrake is no longer on this forum as she has been "retired" from here since 2018.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Yesss, it is 2021 hopefully it is still in the process of being made @SimGuruDrake

Hi @Crimson_Angel_41, welcome to the forums. Please take a moment before engaging in threads to learn a bit about necroposting. This faq will be an excellent guide and will help you navigate the forums without necroposting; "Let's talk about necroposting! 🧟".
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top