Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Poor Famer's Legacy

angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
Introduction:

Hi, everyone, it has been a long time since I posted, but I have decided to pick it up again. I have a story plotting plot bunny just wanting to escape, and I figured why not. I will be using a few different challenges or pieces for the storyline and would like to say that those ideas rightfully belong to their original creators before we get things started. I am going for something along with the Rags to Riches Legacy type play with a few of my own rules. Without further ado, let's get started.

*DISCLAIMER* THIS STORY CHALLENGE IS BEING TESTED AND CHANGED AS I GO. FEEL FREE TO READ ALONG OR PLAY ALONG WITH ME

Story Line:

You were born in the small village of Henford-on-Bagley and spent your entire child and teen years there. However, at 16, you enter a traditional free-roaming time and a chance to leave the village behind you. You moved in with an uncle who lived in San Myshuno and finished High School. City life wasn't for you, however, so at the age of twenty-two, you move back home to discover everything has changed. In six years, your family has struggled and eventually sold your old childhood home and family farm to pay for rising medical bills for your mother's illness; they were talking about moving into a town closer to a hospital for her treatments. A letter left with the pub owner encourages you to come to join them. Penniless, landless, and without family, you wonder what you should do. You do not want to go back into the hustle and bustle of the busy towns and cities, being too much of a village child, but you can't live in the village without land.....or can you?

Goal:
Your goal is to go from a poor struggling landless farmer and work your way up to owning the large 64X64 lot to build a huge sprawling farming estate through the generations.

Starting Up:
Step 1: Create a new young adult Sim in CAS with no Skills; you may create the Uncle and Parents as well if you want; however, you must separate your Sim into their own household once the relationship is set.

Step 2: Move into a 30x20 Lot in Henford-on-Bagley. You will have to bulldoze one of the existing homes to do so.

Step 3: Set your family funds to Zero. Set a Lot Challenge for Simple Living and Off the Grid. All other challenges/traits are at your discretion. From this point on, you will earn money under certain criteria.

Step 4: Begin climbing your way up.

Note: No mods, cheats, or otherwise cheaty type exploration of in-game glitches, bugs, etc....may be used that would give anyone an advantage over someone who does not use these things or options have. You may not use any lifespan-extending options may be used on your Sim. You can, however, set the duration of your life span as you see fit. (I like to use a life span that models real life a little more. That way, seasons make more sense.)

How to Earn Money:

As Henford-on-Bagley is a small farming village, you can only sell your items at the village market stalls; you may also only buy things available that day in the stalls as well. Doing so will limit you to selling things like animal products, crops, seeds, fish only—no selling through your inventory.

You may also run errands for cash as well.

However.

During the Finchwich Fair, you may sell anything that can be placed on the yard sale table from the time the fair starts to its conclusion (3:30 to 9:30). If you do not own the yard sell table, you may do a one-time sell from your inventory of items at this time. These items can be things like collectibles, honey, etc...

You may list things on Plopsy after you remove the Off-the-Grid trait.

Phase 1: Getting Established

During this phase, your goal is to buy your first small plot of land and establish your farm under the guidance of a few special rules.

The Other Rules:
1. You may not vote in Neighborhood Action Plans until you have "bought" your lot. To buy your lot, you must earn and then remove 2000 simoleons from your Sims account. Now that they have an address, you may participate in N.A.Ps as you see fit.

2. You must not travel outside of Henford-on-Bagley unless it is Sunday. Sunday is your day going into town, using venues and services not found in your small village, maybe even visit family.

3. You may not plant crops or own animals until you have purchased your land.

4. You may not get married or remove the off-the-grid trait until you have met the building house requirements.

Building a House

You must build a house with at least three separate rooms, minimum Living Area/Kitchen, Bedroom, and Bathroom. Each room must be furnished according to the list below to count as completed. Once you have to build a house to the specifications listed, you may pay a 500 simoleon reconnection fee and remove the off the grid trait if you so choose.

Living Area:
Wall and Floor Coverings
1 light
1 stove
1 refrigerator
1 empty counter
1 sink
table with at least 1 chair

Bedroom
Wall and Floor Coverings
1 Light
1 double bed
1 dresser
1 mirror

Bathroom
Wall and Floor Coverings
1 light
1 toilet
1 sink
1 shower or bath

House Exterior
Wall Coverings
2 Windows.

Completion:
The phase is completed when you have "bought" your land, built a house, and have a garden with at least 4 plants, and either an animal shed with a cow or lama, or a chicken coop with at least two hens and a rooster

Note on Golden Chickens -

You may use their golden powers to make plants perfect quality, however, once the plant can not be grafted, nor can the product of said plant be planted. Once the plant goes out of season, you must uproot it, as the powers of the golden chicken severely damage the root system through forced growth.

Comments

• Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Sounds Good, Thank you for sharing!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »

Thanks im working of phase two a medium land and phase three the estate obviously each phase would be harder.

I just cleared being able to purchase and afford a 40x50 lot and build a house juggling animals and two toddlers well now it is a child a toddler and a baby on the way. I use a risky woo-hoo from MCC and never know when she will get preggers. They manage a garden, bees, a full coop, and a Llama because their cow just passed, bust the dust, and laundry day they are hopping from 5 when they get up to about 9 or 10 at night with a few hours to presue hobbies in the early evening. I am hopping to fit and have a cow an Llama on the new lot. Probably a bigger garden so I'll get patchy to help out. I also have the better schools mod so I can "homeschool" the children.
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »

Thanks im working of phase two a medium land and phase three the estate obviously each phase would be harder.

I just cleared being able to purchase and afford a 40x50 lot and build a house juggling animals and two toddlers well now it is a child a toddler and a baby on the way. I use a risky woo-hoo from MCC and never know when she will get preggers. They manage a garden, bees, a full coop, and a Llama because their cow just passed, bust the dust, and laundry day they are hopping from 5 when they get up to about 9 or 10 at night with a few hours to presue hobbies in the early evening. I am hopping to fit and have a cow an Llama on the new lot. Probably a bigger garden so I'll get patchy to help out. I also have the better schools mod so I can "homeschool" the children.
  • legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    I can't wait to try this out