Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims Medieval NO Longer Working?

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
I have a cd case of The Sims Medieval I purchased online and I installed and played quite a number of times before The Sims 3 came but after it, I played it on occasion. After I immigrated to another pc and several years since the coming of The Sims 4 when I attempted to install and play it... it is no longer works and encounters issues. I also hear from other players that they purchase the digital copy of the game but to no avail it is still not working. I wonder what is the problem and how can I fix this?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I can still play, and do from time to time. But some folks seem to have trouble. You might see if there is a section for it at EA Answers HQ, but I don't know if it is still supported to that extent. Certainly can't hurt to look - it is a gold mine for known issues, solutions or work-arounds.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Works just fine for me.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Works fine here as well. All my stuff transferred perfectly from an old laptop. I even transferred from physical copies to digital at the same time.

However, I have twice had this game crash while saving in my lifetime. That always corrupts specific, vital files. (Which is why I grabbed an Origin copy.) I do not remember the name, but if you look up the problem you will find it. It never hurts to look into stuff like that.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Last I checked it worked fine for me, however I do have to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). What kind of issue are you having, exactly? Will it not start at all, crash, glitched/torn screen, or something else? :frowning: Hopefully you can get it figured out!