Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I build a barn for my cow, then an invisible animal shed LOL

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    O wow this is awesome 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Thank you <3

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    You’re such a rockstar! ✨⚡️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    You’re such a rockstar! ✨⚡️

Aww thank you <3
    Just a friendly update. Tested my invisible cow shed after today's game update and everything is still working :)
    D3DdtYK.png
    Simeralla wrote: »

Check out my Video you don't need mods and it all works properly. You can clean and do all you want with your animals. I just thought I share.

Thanks for that <3 I am aware that this is possible, but I was more after the look of having a field full of cows with not a little house in sight. I am sure others who play cc and mod free would appreciate this very much though :) So thanks again for sharing

Good morning from New Zealand :) My invisible cow shed is still working after todays's super cool spa day update <3
    59bExBd.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I was thinking of doing something like this. Excellent job! I'll definitely be getting it. <3B)
    Appreciate all the work you put into making this work.

Cheers!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing something like this. Excellent job! I'll definitely be getting it. <3B)
    Appreciate all the work you put into making this work.

Cheers!

Aww thank you <3
    Hi all, invisible animal shed still working after today's update <3
    xQi1OD2.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    This is fascinating! @mcrudd Thank you for sharing all your trials and thought process, including the dead ends, as you worked on solving this. I found the process you went through as intriguing as the final results. And your final cow pasture looks great!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    This is fascinating! @mcrudd Thank you for sharing all your trials and thought process, including the dead ends, as you worked on solving this. I found the process you went through as intriguing as the final results. And your final cow pasture looks great!

LOL its all part of sharing the whole journey and end result, and perhaps teaching someone something too. I know I have learned a lot from tutorials and reading other people's posts. I just hope it never gets broken, cause that was tricky :D
    Just installed the new kits and happy to report that my invisible animal shed is still working
    e2iMD8W.png
    755D7DU.png
    Still working after 2 November update <3
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Love how you did your farm @mcrudd. Just a guess though, did you shrink the sheds & put them in the haystacks?
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Just installed the new kits and happy to report that my invisible animal shed is still working
    e2iMD8W.png

I was wondering if you shrank the sheds normally or with t.o.o.l. mod? I was wondering cause it seems my hay bales look too huge for my little lot.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Love how you did your farm @mcrudd. Just a guess though, did you shrink the sheds & put them in the haystacks?

It did start off that way, I have the whole long journey in the first few pages LOL. I had issues with routing and my sim unable to clean the sheds if I made them smaller, and when I left them the size I could clean them they were hard to hide and had shadows, so as you go on, I think on page 2 in the centre of the page I finally made a completely invisible shed, it was a lot of trial and error LOL. So you don't hide it, my haystacks are there to just look good, I even made them a little smaller because they looked too bulky ;)
    edited November 2021
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I was wondering if you shrank the sheds normally or with t.o.o.l. mod? I was wondering cause it seems my hay bales look too huge for my little lot.

Nope, they are completely invisible ;) I will show you how I placed them, I did put it in another thread, let me find it quickly ;) I don't use the t.o.o.l mod, I only have my own cc in my game, except for purplebex's beautiful baby skintones, that way I know I have control over my game with updates LOL, don't want it breaking from too much mods and cc :)

here you go, this is my direct quote from another thread :)

mcrudd wrote: »
    Hi all I am so happy. I have my cow farm <3

B1DDn9t.png

It was a long process with lots of ups and downs that you can see in this thread ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992682/i-build-a-barn-for-my-cow-then-an-invisible-animal-shed-lol/p1

But in the end I made a working invisible animal shed. You can download it here if you wish too <3
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o6ce6pfifxbpud/completely_invisible_animal_shed.package/file

So how did I make this working cow farm. Well here it goes.

Step 1
    First I placed some random maxis animal sheds without move objects on. I marked with the terrain tool where the end of the cow will be in the shed.
    jQQuKzE.png

Step 2
    I deleted the maxis animal sheds
    aq5xex7.png

Step 3
    I placed one of my invisible sheds, since it has no gridlines I focused on where I put it, go into live mode and click on purchase cow. The cow then appears, then I go back in build mode and use the alt key to shift it into place where I have marked it will stand. Repeated that 8 times. I also then placed gates at all the spots the shed is, you can't see it in this pic though ;)
    OzHLHGC.png

Step 4
    I deleted the lines I made and call all my cows out. Let the fun begin :D (oops lines still in this pic :D , but delete them hahahaha)
    reIVH7D.png

I hope that if any of you out there would like either a llama farm or cow farm, that this will help you :)
    Happy simming all <3

I am so happy to say that the invisible animal shed is still working after todays update :)

5p6fkT3.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My animals thank you
    VLczhSV.png
    duNFK67.png
    JOAkxrg.png
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Babykittyjade that is so AweSim, thanks for sharing <3
    edited January 2022
    Invisible animal shed still working after yesterday's update
    6jbsY6h.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    Invisible animal shed still working after update 16 February 2016
    Pf30Yhv.png
    Good morning simmers, after the latest update followed by the installation of the Wedding stories game pack, I am happy to report that the invisible animal shed is still working with no issues ;)
    f7Yx79p.png
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Thank you so much for this mod :) Invisible shed is somethhing I needed but I didn't know about it ;)
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg