Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Congratulations Beta Testers you have done your job well. Now please fill out a bug report and someone will be back to you in 6 months.

Good one :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm finding produce in my household inventory now. I think it is after a fair visit. so annoying to remove but was wondering if anyone else is finding this. I know there was a post a few days back about it but I haven't been able to track it down so far. Plus its late here and my eyes and my mind is getting fuzzy. LOL I did test after leaving lot and exiting game etc etc but produce was staying in Sims inventory as normal and then I visit a fair, come home and my household inventory is full again.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I have a large greenhouse with about a hundred plants. I like to harvest them, keep some for cooking and canning and sell the rest at the stall in the village. I can't do this because my harvestables harvest themselves into my household inventory. To get them out, you either have to sell them in there or place them one by one on the ground and pick them up (I have hundreds of vegetables, fruits, and flowers). Kind of ruins the whole live off the land, support your Sim with farming storyline. I'm also having problems with my llama. His shed would be full of food and he would have just been cleaned but he shows up as dirty, starving and unhappy. So even though I didn't want to, I installed the auto-feeder on his shed. Still starving and unhappy. And his shed never gets dirty. The cow's shed is "slightly dirty" every day and I clean it every day but it's been weeks in the Sims and the llama shed is still clean. I think I got a bad llama/shed.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2021
    Dia who is living in Evergreen Harbor with my other sim just told him (through a notification) that the people in Henford on Bagley needs help with errands.

That seems like a bit of an oversight, I don't think we should hear that when playing sims who are living in other worlds. I think it's because she visited the bar in HoB and the game seems to still think that she is still there.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I hope it's not a bug. I quite like the idea of receiving notifications about HoB.
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    Tovahly23 wrote: »
    I planted two trees, they grew, I harvested one, and then my sim woke up and the trees looked like they had been just planted.
    Me too. plants and crops go back to just planted. Including trees.

04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Chickens that doesn't belong to me shows up at my chicken coop, then they walk around with what I assume is a routing issue error thought bubble. I'm playing the Watson family and chickens that belong to Cecilia Kang are showing up and doesn't leave.

When I'm playing as Cecilia her chicken coop are missing those chickens and I have to bring her over to the Watson family and put them in her inventory, and then put them back. It has happened twice now...I guess this is a bug, I don't think this is because of my mods.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but since having Cottage Living I've barely had any "welcome to the neighbourhood" wagons come by. Since having the game I've only ever had two.
    Not sure if anyone else is getting this.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but since having Cottage Living I've barely had any "welcome to the neighbourhood" wagons come by. Since having the game I've only ever had two.
    Not sure if anyone else is getting this.

In the bug forums, lots of people are reporting problems with the welcome wagon. It also shows up frequently in some of the bug threads on the game lagging. I don't know if there's any association, or if it's just random.
  • Options
    simsgamer2021simsgamer2021 Posts: 1 New Member
    I always lose my cursor now ever since I installed Cottage Living on console, ps4 pro. I've made sure everything's updated to latest version, especially checked software updates and there weren't any. My cursor gets lost and then the game starts acting up.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I ran into a rather unexpected bug country living as well. As soon as a village fair has happened (not sure if it is a specific one or any one) I lost the ability to build a rocket. Not a single sim in the entire save could build a rocket. I realise rockets don't particularly match the country living theme but I needed a rocket to complete the grilled cheese aspiration and it is definitely cottage living that broke the option. Luckily simvasion has already created a mod to fix the issue.

In case anyone else experiences this, there is already a bug report
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-build-a-rocket/td-p/10541363
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    For once I'm not being hit with a ton of bugs; I have the gardening bug under control, but now I'm having routing issues. Especially the weird teleportation one. I have two main Sims living in the world. One is in a house I built, the other Sim is living in a Maxis house on the main street in the downtown neighborhood. The Maxis built house has a multi-level yard but no stairs inside the house itself. The Sim living in this house is teleporting from his front porch to the chicken coop every time I send him out to take care of his chickens. Then the game kind of lags for a few seconds. Very irritating. The Sim living in the house I built has not been afflicted. I am also seeing more lag happening while in build mode, and again when I exit build mode. This can be taken care of if I do a fresh save, but these are glitches I have never had before. They didn't start until I installed Cottage Living. Neither house has the wild foxes challenge either. And the little place by the waterfalls is also glitchy. I guess I'll just move my Sim out of the Maxis house, bulldoze that lot and build him a new house just to see if the multi-level yard is causing him to teleport from place to place. I suspect this is happening because of the new pond tool.
  • Options
    moonkitten3000moonkitten3000 Posts: 6 New Member
    Sims 'teleporting' instead of walking to their destination is super irritating!
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Has anyone been able to plant anything in the community garden in the Old New Henford neighborhood? There is an empty plant pot there, a space in one of the larger planters and two oversized crop plots which are also empty. They look as though your sim should be able to plant crops in them, but I find there is no way to drag a fruit or vegetable from my sim's inventory to the pot or the planter. Additionally, even if I have oversized crop seeds in my sim's inventory, the option to plant oversized crops is greyed out on the plot in the community garden. This inability to plant anything in empty pots in the open part of the world seems like it is probably a bug, but has anyone else managed it?
  • Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    its happened with me if I leave the lot before harvesting the plants the produce ends up in my inventory. I have to make sure to harvest before I go.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    angelbear wrote: »
    its happened with me if I leave the lot before harvesting the plants the produce ends up in my inventory. I have to make sure to harvest before I go.

Ah I will have to try that. It's so annoying having them go to the household inventory. A pain to sell from there or to move out.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Dia who is living in Evergreen Harbor with my other sim just told him (through a notification) that the people in Henford on Bagley needs help with errands.

That seems like a bit of an oversight, I don't think we should hear that when playing sims who are living in other worlds. I think it's because she visited the bar in HoB and the game seems to still think that she is still there.

One of my sims got the notification that there are "no items for sale" except my sim doesn't own a shop!
  • Options
    americanamelieamericanamelie Posts: 36 Member
    Since I bought Cottage living a week ago, my game has been unplayable. I built one house in Henford and when I moved my sims to the lot, the game lag made everything impossible. I'm talking 15 minute loading screens and choppy sim movements like it took 5 minutes for my sim family to walk inside.

I read people having issues playing at Henford lots, so I evicted my family and played one in a different world, but the endless lag was still there. The game generated hundreds of empty households and it takes a minute to delete them one by one so, Idk, I give up :( I don't own many packs bc it's an investment for me, but I felt this one would be special so I went for it. Talk about buyer's remorse!!! I haven't gotten the chance to try any of the game's features.

This makes me so sad, I just wish I could get my money back.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Since I bought Cottage living a week ago, my game has been unplayable. I built one house in Henford and when I moved my sims to the lot, the game lag made everything impossible. I'm talking 15 minute loading screens and choppy sim movements like it took 5 minutes for my sim family to walk inside.

I read people having issues playing at Henford lots, so I evicted my family and played one in a different world, but the endless lag was still there. The game generated hundreds of empty households and it takes a minute to delete them one by one so, Idk, I give up :( I don't own many packs bc it's an investment for me, but I felt this one would be special so I went for it. Talk about buyer's remorse!!! I haven't gotten the chance to try any of the game's features.

I hope that Maxis solves this one, a lot of people seems to have this issue. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-creating-tons-empty-households-Save-game/td-p/10543014 An EA representative (SimQARobo) have said that they are working on it.

Here is how you can disable Cottage Living so you can probably still play the game while Maxis solves it: https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks

I have not encountered this bug myself, but I'm using mods to stop townie generating, mainly No Random by Zero and also MC Command Center (0 on all Population_Percent age settings).
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited August 2021
    Chickens, llamas and cows aging when the option is disabled.

I also have experienced the multiple Crumplebottoms but that seems to have stopped now.

Wild foxes being in household management

Plants resetting when you harvest an oversized whatever.

I’ll edit if i notice anymore.

Edit; not sure if this is CL related, but Patchy gets stuck, idk, harvesting a plant over and over. Resetting him doesn’t work, I have to keep moving his tree stump into family inventory and back out again.

—T
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    Not sure if this is Cottage Living or newest patch related, but it's never happened to me before--I have a save with a married couple who own a farm and several businesses, I've been playing them every day and today the game decided the wife is "a neighbor" and won't let her enter the lot unless invited in. Her picture is still at the bottom, I can access her inventory, but I can't click on her or make her do anything. I reset her several times and restarted the game, but she's still a neighbor.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2021

Mods are an option that you shouldn't have to use, if you don't want to. As a temporary solution though, you might try installing MC Command Center, and let it auto delete those empty households. I've read comments from a few people saying that it worked for them, but that they have to keep running it periodically to delete new ones that keep being generated. I think that you also have to "favorite" households that you don't want deleted. I know that solution stinks so badly that it hardly counts as a solution, but it might be worth trying.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    kidlit59 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is Cottage Living or newest patch related, but it's never happened to me before--I have a save with a married couple who own a farm and several businesses, I've been playing them every day and today the game decided the wife is "a neighbor" and won't let her enter the lot unless invited in. Her picture is still at the bottom, I can access her inventory, but I can't click on her or make her do anything. I reset her several times and restarted the game, but she's still a neighbor.

I've had this happen a few times since Eco Lifestyle, at least once with Tina Tinker. Try moving the household out and then back in.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Not sure if this is a bug, but I really wish my sim could clean the animal shed without also cleaning all trash cans on the lot. They spend forever cleaning trashcans when I just wanted them to clean the shed. Hope this action can be separated eventually.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    My Sims keep cooking all the time even when not hungry. They going to be big as pumpkins. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top