Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple Agatha Crumplebottoms and Agnes Crumplebottoms

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    @julienrob2004 If you haven't already, would you mind pressing 'me too' on the bug report and leaving a comment to say that you have this issue with no mods? They need more input from people without mods.

The bug report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Multiple-versions-of-Agatha-Crumplebottom-and-Agnes/m-p/10539669#M191810
    I believe I've figured out what setting in MCCC has been causing this issue in my game!

If you go to:
    MC Command Center > MCCC settings > MC career

There are options to set the employment percentage for different life stages. I had the adult employment range set for 0,0% and the elder employment range set to 0,0% and with those settings, I've been getting multiple Agathas, Agneses and also multiple mayors. But I tried restoring those settings to default (adult employment rate 70,80% and elder employment rate 40,50%) and I'm no longer getting duplicates!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I believe I've figured out what setting in MCCC has been causing this issue in my game!

If you go to:

There are options to set the employment percentage for different life stages. I had the adult employment range set for 0,0% and the elder employment range set to 0,0% and with those settings, I've been getting multiple Agathas, Agneses and also multiple mayors. But I tried restoring those settings to default (adult employment rate 70,80% and elder employment rate 40,50%) and I'm no longer getting duplicates!

Thanks a lot for the tip, that explains why I haven't seen multiple Agathas in my game, I had those settings set as default.
    logion wrote: »

If you go to:

Thanks a lot for the tip, that explains why I haven't seen multiple Agathas in my game, I had those settings set as default.

No worries. It makes sense now that I think about it. Clearly, MCCC was taking them out of their careers because according to my settings all adults and elders are meant to be unemployed and then the game was having to generate new sims to work at the grocery shop or as mayor since those count as jobs or something.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2021
    I can confirm that Agnes and Agatha Crumplebottom are created as having a career (career_Adult_CottageWorld_NPC_GardenShopOwner). As soon as the game - for whatever reason assigns a new career to them by repurposing them, the game is forced to create a new NPC filling the garden shop owner career.

Most of the other special sims also do have a NPC career, so a similar issue can happen to them.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I can confirm that Agnes and Agatha Crumplebottom are created as having a career (career_Adult_CottageWorld_NPC_GardenShopOwner). As soon as the game - for whatever reason assigns a new career to them by repurposing them, the game is forced to create a new NPC filling the garden shop owner career.

Most of the other special sims also do have a NPC career, so a similar issue can happen to them.

The game has a nasty habit of creating new sims for NPC roles all the time, I use your townieoverhaul_nobarfly mod because the game doesn't want to use unplayed sims to visit the bar for some reason, it always wants to create new ugly townies.

But I guess this can happen to people who don't use mods too as people have posted on Answer HQ. Strange that with this one it seems to create a new Agnes and not a random sim. But it's bad nonetheless, the game thinks it can just keep creating new sims for NPC roles instead of reusing existing sims.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I noticed another Major in my game, because they had another name, but my career settings in MCC are all default. I haven't really checked if I have multiple majors though - but the game shouldn't just randomly change the major, no?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »
    I noticed another Major in my game, because they had another name, but my career settings in MCC are all default. I haven't really checked if I have multiple majors though - but the game shouldn't just randomly change the major, no?

It seems like this bug can happen in a vanilla game too so it's not only triggered by those MCCC settings but in my game those settings do seem to be a trigger.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2021
    Aine wrote: »

It seems like this bug can happen in a vanilla game too so it's not only triggered by those MCCC settings but in my game those settings do seem to be a trigger.
    Yeah it's good to know to keep those default settings for sure. I just wish I knew what is causing it as a bug, because once I want to start playing my regular save, I don't want these issues.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sorry for necroposting, but does anyone know if freezing the Crumplebottoms’ career progress does anything to prevent the glitch? I’m still waiting to buy the pack, so I can’t test it myself.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Well, now Mortimer is truly Mortifying when he finds out his aunt, Agnes, is Septaplets!, 7 of them!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Agnes is so unflirty that she figured out a way to reproduce by budding o:)
    (and told her sister how)

gen3-banner.png
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    Is it impossible to kill them? I tried setting Agnes on fire while she's hallucinating but she won't burn.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Yikes. I have only seen Agatha Crumplebottom when my Sims made a purchase from her stall. Finally, I saw Agnes but it was only once. I'm so glad I don't mess around with that many settings in MCCC.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I bought Cottage Living in the Winter Sale and was upset to see this bug. Pretty disappointing that it still has not been fixed. :/ I don't use any mods.

How do you cope with it? Is there a temporary fix? Can the Cumplebottom clones be safely deleted in the Manage Households tab?
  • sazzlysarahsazzlysarah Posts: 23 Member
    While obviously this can, and likely has proved a major annoyance. I have to say, the gameplay mileage in terms of story-writing here is an absolute goldmine! A mad-scientist / Town Called Eureka script is practically writing itself!

I've got no advice, and I hope you manage to resolve the issue! It has given me a good laugh. :smile:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    I bought Cottage Living in the Winter Sale and was upset to see this bug. Pretty disappointing that it still has not been fixed. :/ I don't use any mods.

How do you cope with it? Is there a temporary fix? Can the Cumplebottom clones be safely deleted in the Manage Households tab?

The only downside I've noticed when I go through and clean up Unplayed Households of extra Crumplebottoms is that sometimes the garden stall doesn't open the first time I visit Fitchwick after a clean up.

Also if you befriend one of them, there's no way to tell in Household management which one is your friend, so you could delete the one you have an established relationship with. Which is kinda relevant for the town quests.

I'm also playing vanilla with this bug. I mostly ignore them, so it hasn't been too big an issue for me.

I also wonder if you use MCCC to Freeze their careers if that would help. I was planning to re-install it after the next patch, but that Save is going to mostly be in Forgotten Hollow, so the game shouldn't be generating them that often.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I currently have two of each (Two Agathas, Two Agneses) and play completely vanilla. I have been nervous to delete the spares in my other households folder, so I'm glad to know they can be deleted without it breaking the game.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    This worries me because I too got the Cottage living on the sale.

But it's also hilarious when I think about it. Begs some "walks into a bar" jokes.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited January 2022
    I regularly clean out clones of Agnes Crumplebottom. She does tend the stall more so I don’t know if that has something to do with it.
    Agatha prefers sitting and chatting in the village square. She’s so friendly and it’s such a contrast to her grumpy sister!

I don’t have MCC just extra furniture sets for CC. They’re disabled at the moment due to the new patch and I’ve forgotten to turn them back on.

The clones I see and find look like Agnes but have different names. Also they don’t have Garden Shop Owner tag.
    As if the game uses Agnes as a template for new Sims? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Weirdly, only a single Agatha clone has spawned. I check my population regularly and just delete them.
    Game stability has improved since I’ve done this. Before I had three Agnes clones and there was lag. It lifted once I deleted them.

I really hope they fix this soon.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Do the Agnes clones share the OG's disgust with romance? The sight of a bunch of Agneses (Agnii?) roaming around, smacking lovebirds with purses would either be hilarious, frustrating...or both.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wonder if Agnes is spontaneously cloning herself in preparation to counter all the additional love created by the new pack? :)
  • RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    @Manileno88

She won't drown either. I tried trapping her in a pool with low energy (c/o vampire power), but she's still alive after more than 24 hours.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    edited February 2022
    Manileno88 wrote: »
    Is it impossible to kill them? I tried setting Agnes on fire while she's hallucinating but she won't burn.
    RitaMary wrote: »
    She won't drown either. I tried trapping her in a pool with low energy (c/o vampire power), but she's still alive after more than 24 hours.

Agnes & Agatha are immortal & they can't be killed. See the following from Sims Community:
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/09/15/how-to-make-agnes-and-agatha-crumplebottom-playable-without-spawning-clones/

Both Agnes and Agatha are coded into the game as “special” NPCs....For this reason, Agnes and Agatha aren’t available as playable Sims. They cannot be found in Manage Households even after meeting and befriending them both in-game, nor can they die of old age or be killed in any way.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on