Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I build a barn for my cow, then an invisible animal shed LOL

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited January 2023 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Link to invisible animal shed
https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/build-buy/invisible-animal-shed

Just a test lot, thought I would try building a barn type building to house my llama and cow together after I saw a tutorial on you tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RB40daWa8A&t=196s

But I don't use the tool mod thingy, so I just used the same principle and did it by hiding the little barn sheds under enlarged hay bales LOL
BmDr2z1.png

Edit to add the new version by the very talented @KyriaT_sim <3

Oh my gosh Simmers, you are going to love this post <3

I was contacted by the very talented KyriaT

1Hz1xBM.png

She is going to change our lives forever :) She has made some changes to our invisible shed that is going to make simming with it so much easier. You now can place it and then use the colour swatch to make it invisible, no more guessing on where you want to place it ;) Here it is when I tested it out in my game, How cool is this !!!!!!

hhC1RxL.png
dNGmmkq.png

She has very kindly shared her package with me to share with you all. I have uploaded it to my media fire (no changes all credit to KyriaT) and will share it on the first post and the other cow farm thread as well, Its amazing work <3

Here it is for us all, its truly very talented work she did here ;)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3fkxs4qmbnmwyqp/McRudds_completely_invisible_animal_shed_slightly_changedB.package/file
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Your barn looks great.

Do the cow and Llama walk around after shrinking the sheds or does their walking space shrink as well.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Your barn looks great.

Do the cow and Llama walk around after shrinking the sheds or does their walking space shrink as well.

Its just as if they have the big sheds. Only thing is when you sent them in then they disappear once they inside. I have a teensy piece of each shed sticking out of the haybales at the back so I can call them out again, they walk right through the haybales. This is just a test game, so I will test it more and more, but so far no issues, just had my cow disappear once when milking, but that happens in my normal shed games as well, so think its a bug already.
    I might just restart and look at my spacing of the animals, they are a bit to close for comfort LOL
    xEgeQ7M.png

Its a trial and error thing, hence a test game, but I am super happy it actually works :D
    Moving the building out 1 square each side easily solved the space issue, and they walk in and out by themselves, went to bed at night time, I just had to get rid of my doors, which is a pity. But I will look at different ways to build the barn to make it look ok without doors ;)

FlHPWSc.png

Atleast we know its possible if we wanted to make our own, I am even thinking of removing the barriers and adding the coop in there since the chickens do walk all over the yard. Mmm gonna try that now LOL
    Oh my gosh it works, and it looks so cool :)<3
    Sorry its night time, I will fast forward to day time to show you guys :D

Qd5kmOo.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited August 2021
    Wonderful! Thanks for all of the testing! I haven't played in HoB yet as I'm still setting up my other worlds for my story but that barn/shed thingy does not fit in with my aesthetics and wanted it too look more traditional, so this is great! I actually modeled a new mesh barn to replace the original but I haven't created the package yet to test it, but if I can do something similar in game to appease my style, then this is even better!
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    nice! I was thinking of doing something similar myself eventually
    but i had not thought of genius idea of hiding the shed in hay :open_mouth:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Great work, but I fear it's beyond my Pay Grade. Thanks for sharing!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Oh no all, I ran into a little snag with the minimized barn. You can't clean it. The sim says they can't get to it. You can use testingcheats true and then shiftclick clean, but if you are a simmer that prefer to not use testingcheats then I am sorry this is not going to work. I will go back ingame and see if I can find a way around this little problem ;)
    Wonderful! Thanks for all of the testing! I haven't played in HoB yet as I'm still setting up my other worlds for my story but that barn/shed thingy does not fit in with my aesthetics and wanted it too look more traditional, so this is great! I actually modeled a new mesh barn to replace the original but I haven't created the package yet to test it, but if I can do something similar in game to appease my style, then this is even better!

I just found an error where you can't clean it, but I am going back ingame to try and get a workaround. I am sure your new mesh barn would look amazing, I tried to recolour the entrance door but its the tiniest little black square and anything you place there comes out pixelated.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    nice! I was thinking of doing something similar myself eventually
    but i had not thought of genius idea of hiding the shed in hay :open_mouth:

The hay works perfectly because they pass right through it :)
    Great work, but I fear it's beyond my Pay Grade. Thanks for sharing!

Its just moveobjects on and then resizing with the [ and ] and for the little haybales lift them with the 9 and 0 keys. Its nothing like in the video where you have to do basements and all kinds of things that is way above my pay grade too LOL
    okie dokie, so Huston we have a problem !! Only the last two sizes are able to be cleaned and well they are too big for covering with haybales. Sooo its back to the drawing board again.

aWfiSUD.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    okie dokie, so Huston we have a problem !! Only the last two sizes are able to be cleaned and well they are too big for covering with haybales. Sooo its back to the drawing board again.

aWfiSUD.png

Is it not possible to make an invisible version of it and then place it in a normal building?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Is it not possible to make an invisible version of it and then place it in a normal building?

I think if someone is good with modding they could make it invisible, but I try to play with as little cc as possible, so just trying to find a way without cc for now :)

edited August 2021
    Plan B :)

ZgK7HnJ.png

So I got this barn from debug. It looks nice and old. I filtered via packs and had only cottage living
    oEOloCX.png

Then I upsized this pet door
    rxM9a8i.png

Because a little of the animal shed is sticking out by the barn its easy to click, I cheated the shed dirty and my sim walked right through the barn to go and clean it :D I will look at more debug items for other packs and see what I can find, but I like this very much :)
    Ok, I am very happy with plan B. So much easier and absolutely no issues. Its a pitty because the first option with the haybales looked great, especially with the chicken coop, but hey that's life for you. I might play around with the barn in sims4studio and see if I might be able to make the routing issues non void. Well Plan B for now LOL.
    edited August 2021
    Oh my gosh sorry if I am spamming you guys, but Plan A is back on track <3
    I had to remove the footprint in sims4studio, but it works. Now my sim just disappears into the teensy little animal shed and clean it.
    LRE6qGb.png

and she still finds the goodies too, I just have to be mindful of where she puts the rubbish afterwards ;)
    9g0I1cr.png

Yes !! I am so happy, now I can move her to the farmy world and build her a farm :)
    The completely invisible with no footprint final result on page 2 can be downloaded from my mediafire here https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o6ce6pfifxbpud/completely+invisible+animal+shed.package/file
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    noice

still wish they would've freed the llamas and cows - breeding them would've been fun as well as searching for them when they go on the lam
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

I think if someone is good with modding they could make it invisible, but I try to play with as little cc as possible, so just trying to find a way without cc for now :)

For invisible re-colour, you just delete the texture from the texture file and re-upload with the blank image. Open image, select all, delete, save. You already know how to re-colour so it's not difficult just different. :)
    edited August 2021

For invisible re-colour, you just delete the texture from the texture file and re-upload with the blank image. Open image, select all, delete, save. You already know how to re-colour so it's not difficult just different. :)

Ooooh I am so gonna try that now :D thank you :)

troshalom wrote: »
    noice

still wish they would've freed the llamas and cows - breeding them would've been fun as well as searching for them when they go on the lam

I would have loved little calves <3 and I also wished they could walk within a fence like chickens <3
    ok gonna try plan C
    This is everything as is right now, without adding the hay bales but I am going to try and delete the texture images now.

kXXeu7T.png
    edited August 2021
    OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. No hay bales needed <3 Just have to remember where they are, but that is easy since they each against a pole <3 Thank you thank you thank you so much @crocobaura you are my hero for teaching me how to make it invisible :D

MtgxrLJ.png
    The completely invisible with no footprint final result on page 2 can be downloaded from my mediafire here https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o6ce6pfifxbpud/completely+invisible+animal+shed.package/file
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Wonderful! Invisible works even better!
    Wonderful! Invisible works even better!

Hehehe now the possibilities are endless :D