Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Get Famous Refresh

Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If The Sims Team wants a refresh of Get Famous, What we want is:

- Music Active Career as a member of a Pop/Rock band
- Producer Career
- Five of Ava Max's songs re-recorded in Simlish (Sweet But Psycho, So Am I, Kings & Queens, My Head & My Heart and Everytime I Cry)
- Additional Neighborhood in Del Sol Valley
- Permanent Sims Sessions from Different Artists (Ava Max, etc. Included)

Any suggestions for Get Famous refresh are welcome.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Pet dragon
    • Celebrities often have exotic pets.
    • It can provide special effects for movies, which will make you look good and boost your fame.
    • Be good to your dragon, or risk getting cancelled when it leaks your mistreatment to the media.
    • Star in movies with your pet dragon, or let your dragon go solo and earn you some passive income.
    • If you have money to burn, let your dragon burn it!
    • Want to start some celebrity drama? Send your dragon to attack your rivals.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Adding the obligatory "add more lots to Del Sol Valley"comment. 😁😁😁

An extra lot space on the two neighbourhoods and an L.A beach style neighbourhood would be perfect!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited August 2021
    Tbh I really don't think Get Famous needs a refresh, it's honestly one of the most solid expansion packs, my only complaint with it is the tiny world.

I think the two expansion packs that need a refresh the most are Island Living and Get to work. Island living needs a diving skill and underwater area, and get to work needs retail fleshed out with actual registers, home businesses and improved aliens as well as opening up the hospital for everyone.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AuntyCaitlinAuntyCaitlin Posts: 18 Member
    I like Get Famous, but I do agree, I think Del Sol Valley needs another neighbourhood / less community lots! And a 'Pop/Rock star' career option would be amazing!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I like Get Famous, but I do agree, I think Del Sol Valley needs another neighbourhood / less community lots! And a 'Pop/Rock star' career option would be amazing!

It needs more community lots and another beachside neighbourhood. Also, I think they should put the movies museum in the movie studio area and let sims visit it there.
  • AuntyCaitlinAuntyCaitlin Posts: 18 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > It needs more community lots and another beachside neighbourhood. Also, I think they should put the movies museum in the movie studio area and let sims visit it there.

I meant, if they don't give it another neighbourhood, I think they should take away community lots. I personally don't love all the community lots or visit the majority of them, but if they were replaced with better things, then sure. It would be good if they improved existing community lots to better areas, and a new neighbourhood
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like Get Famous but I do think it needs a refresh:

- Additional beachy middle class neighborhood that might blend Venice Beach, Santa Monica and Malibu. I actually like the downtown area. I just think we need at least 5-6 more lots. If they add more lots to those small residential neighborhoods that would be great but I would take an added on new neighborhood.
    - I would add more shows and plays to perform if they are refreshing this. Maybe include modern streaming services? Reality shows as well? They could update or add to the gameplay.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member

Great Idea! Pop & Rock Bands Too.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I like Get Famous but I do think it needs a refresh:

- Additional beachy middle class neighborhood that might blend Venice Beach, Santa Monica and Malibu. I actually like the downtown area. I just think we need at least 5-6 more lots. If they add more lots to those small residential neighborhoods that would be great but I would take an added on new neighborhood.
    - I would add more shows and plays to perform if they are refreshing this. Maybe include modern streaming services? Reality shows as well? They could update or add to the gameplay.

If Downtown was added in Del Sol Valley, It should be Apartments. From Low to High End.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    If The Sims Team wants a refresh of Get Famous, What we want is:

- Music Active Career as a member of a Pop/Rock band
    - Producer Career
    - Five of Ava Max's songs re-recorded in Simlish (Sweet But Psycho, So Am I, Kings & Queens, My Head & My Heart and Everytime I Cry)
    - Additional Neighborhood in Del Sol Valley
    - Permanent Sims Sessions from Different Artists (Ava Max, etc. Included)

Any suggestions for Get Famous refresh are welcome.

This should be a separate EXPANSION PACK! I hope they will do a music pack someday!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    If they updated Get Famous id like:
    Them to expland the world. Its WAY too small, especially for a hollywood area
    Give actors the choice to choose male or female for their romantic actor counterpart
    Add more instruments, allow bands to be created and be famous from them
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

I'd say anything music related beyond the Audio mixing station would be shipped in a separate DLC as bands and such are gameplay features too substantial for a mere GF pack "refresh".

Although Get Famous is one my least favorite EPs - because I simply care very little for celebrities in and outside of this game - I'd say yes to an additional coastal neighborhood including swimming area.

Another thing that someone mentioned here is the option to choose a male or female counterpart in the acting career.
    Maybe it's just me, but whenever I play this career my (dude) sim always ends up doing romantic scenes with another dude, dressed in drag. No offense, it's fun for two gigs (indeed it's The Sims) but it gets annoying after a while when my sim is clearly more interested in acting with a female counterpart... :p

And this Ava Max person... I keep forgetting who she is but somehow she turned into a legend on these forums....Therefore she definitely deserves a celebrity spot in the game just for the sake of it. I might delete her right away, but that's beside the point. :D

Now, if we got a Base Game cars update I think the limousine should make a return too. One of the reasons I don't really play with celebrities in Sims 4 is because they can't even have that darn Hummer parked in their garage, or bring the kids to school in their Bwan Speedster YL.

Having said all that, since GF is pretty solid overall, I personally believe there are other packs that need priority when it comes to a refresh or overhaul, such as Outdoor Retreat & Realm of Magic to name but a few.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Add more lots to this small tiny world.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If they refresh Get Famous it seriously all needs to be the world Del Sol Valley is just a joke now. We need more lots there just is not enough to build what you need where's the apartments and a world designed after California does not have a single beach lot its just a mess.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'd like it to be easier to get famous stars. maybe because I play rotationally, but it seems to take forever for them to build fame.
    A new area with lots would be great. They can add a hot single ambitious guy in there, for the two single actresses to fight over.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited August 2021
    If it’s refreshed, I want mostly new lots, 4 or 5 new beach lots ( for swimming….. and dare say surfing…. ), a couple more downtown lots, and either a couple new lower lots, or a middle income neighborhood…… I would LOVE that!

We need a high rise ……. Well at least 3 story apartment, considered 3 apartments 1 per story with a basement, we could add our own activities to for them to share, and pool they can all use. And another down town lot I can add a high rise office building to.

Whoever mentioned limo….. that’s a great idea too!

And a few more new items to help build fame would be great.,,., it is difficult to build.

As for careers….. a singing career, with maybe even bands .

But the world is the main thing for me!!