Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what lives inside the pre-order tree?

If you pre-order/early order Cottage Living you get a pretty tree with fairy lights, a little blue door and a window that goes on at night. The description also mentions that something lives in there and that we 'might never know' who/what it is. Now I'm assuming bunnies but I haven't seen one emerge from there yet, do they or is this perhaps a hint at some other potential tree dwelling occult that we may or may not be getting that rhymes with dairy.
&PHgr;

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    But dragon doesn't rhyme with dairy??
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    From what I understand it is pure deco, but who knows what is around the bend. I'd need a "hint" to smack me in the face for me to acknowledge it.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I love your consistency to get dragons in the game. I would love The Sims 4: Medieval expansion pack or something like that with dragons in it!
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    From reading some of the CoL item descriptions I’m convinced we’re going to get some sort of pirate/medieval pack. Lots of Princess Cordelia references of late.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    potential tree dwelling occult that we may or may not be getting that rhymes with dairy hopefully coming soon <3o:)
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    From reading some of the CoL item descriptions I’m convinced we’re going to get some sort of pirate/medieval pack. Lots of Princess Cordelia references of late.

You have just inspired me to make a fan lore thread about Cordelia being the Princess of Henford-On-Bagley, thus explaining the castle ruins.
  • Options
    MyriadSims wrote: »

You have just inspired me to make a fan lore thread about Cordelia being the Princess of Henford-On-Bagley, thus explaining the castle ruins.

Love it! :smiley: she’s mentioned so much in the new pack - it’s got to be a hint, right? :wink:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think it's just meant to be part of a "fairy garden" which is very Cottagecore and also popular right now (we have a whole range of fairy furniture and accessories in work).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Maybe a secret Fairy? Who knows? ;)
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I agree with others. It's definitely a fairy's house. I do think faeries will come eventually. I also think werewolves will come eventually.
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    I'm pretty sure one guru confirmed that it's a gnome house
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I agree with others. It's definitely a fairy's house. I do think faeries will come eventually. I also think werewolves will come eventually.

I feel like I'm seeing some 'wolf' references in CoL. In the trailer with the llama doing voiceover, it mentioned fishing and about 'finally catching the wolf eel I've been hearing so much about', and I thought it was strange to particularly mention the wolf eel. It's not the rarest fish, and I think it's a sea fish, so not super appropriate to a little English village. So I wondered if maybe it was the wolf part that was meant to be significant. And then, I don't know if what's on sale at the Grocery stand changes, but I couldn't help but notice they were selling both Wolf Eel and wolfsbane. It could be nothing, but it seemed a little conspicuous to me.

And you can also ask cows about a 'secret cow world', which sounds a lot like the world only fairies can get to in that previous survey. Again, it's not much, but I do feel like they're still mentioning a lot of the stuff people will associate with fairies and werewolves, for no apparent reason. I'm half expecting a werewolf or werewolves-and-fairies pack in October now.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited July 2021
    I really loved the werewolves in Sims 3. After the genies they were one of the occults that I really started to play with! I think Werewolves in Sims 4 could be done wonderfully. Would werewolves and fairies make sense in a pack together? What if we also get living breathing gnomes finally in Sims 4 too?? Llamas are finally in the game for real so the next common thing that pops up everywhere are the gnomes! They could run around like the rabbits and have their own mischief to be up to. That would be really cool! As a wildly obsessed Sims fan I always love to speculate about future packs. I am SO OBSESSED AND HAPPY with Cottage Living but it's always a great time to speculate about the future of my favorite game. :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    By the size of the door, I would say some very small people live inside that tree. I think it would be funny if we got living gnomes. :smile:
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    No it doesn’t rhyme 😂.

It would be cool if a baby dragon lived in the tree. The problem would be what happens when it grows. That’s when the problems begin. 🐉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I have said it before, next game pack I'm 100% sure will be fairies.

I can't wait!
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I really loved the werewolves in Sims 3. After the genies they were one of the occults that I really started to play with! I think Werewolves in Sims 4 could be done wonderfully. Would werewolves and fairies make sense in a pack together? What if we also get living breathing gnomes finally in Sims 4 too?? Llamas are finally in the game for real so the next common thing that pops up everywhere are the gnomes! They could run around like the rabbits and have their own mischief to be up to. That would be really cool! As a wildly obsessed Sims fan I always love to speculate about future packs. I am SO OBSESSED AND HAPPY with Cottage Living but it's always a great time to speculate about the future of my favorite game. :)

Based on everything I've seen I'd say fairies are next in line. Everything with this pack seems so whimsical and this tree is like so obviously fairy. And even if it's not I'm sure they new it would give us ideas.
    The gnomes would be cute but not creepy enough for me😆😆 I'm not too into fairies but then again I wasn't into farming and now I'm loving cottage living😅😅😅
    I never got to experience wearwolves in sims 3 but I watched videos about them so I'm super excited to see what they bring to ts4!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope we are getting fairies soon! Feels like there has been a few hints here and there about them. Keeping my fingers crossed for new occult content!
  • Options
    First cottagecore and now fairycore! I hope they revisit citycore again at some point though…
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited July 2021
    41724699rw.jpg

Someone posted this in the CoL bugs thread, and someone else said it's in their game too. Is it a mistake, or is it a WEREWOLF? Lol

Edit: I have been laughing at this picture for ten minutes now, off and on, and I cannot stop.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    41724699rw.jpg

Someone posted this in the CoL bugs thread, and someone else said it's in their game too. Is it a mistake, or is it a WEREWOLF? Lol

Edit: I have been laughing at this picture for ten minutes now, off and on, and I cannot stop.

That's a bugged wintery fox. :smile: I get a funny mental image of it being menacing and hissing and lunging itself like a snake. :lol:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Looks like a part fox, part lizard. :D
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    It could be a fairy hint. But we all know EA never hints, NEVER... ;)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »

Interesting! Sounds like Harrenhal from GOT. A song can be written like Rains of Castamer (simmish style of course) Great idea!!!