Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the truck in Cottage Living a sign we will get vehicles?

In Cottage Living, one of the lots has a truck on it. It's really nice and I would love to have it. Wonder if this means we are getting vehicles this year? I really hope so. I wish it would be like the business lot on GTW and just have a car lot, gas station, and mechanic shop with all three having working jobs.

1. A car sells man selling vehicles of all kinds on a 64x64 lot or you can just go there and buy vehicles.
2. A gas station/mechanic job where you pump gas and do mechanic work when no one is buying gas.
3. Classic cars, cars, trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes sims can live in, bikes for kids, and tricycles for toddlers.
4. Woohoo, makeout, and radio listening in car. Wax/clean car.

After tied animals and a pack that really wasn't about farming, I'm trying not to expect too much. They mostly focused on work on GTW, so why can't they do the same with cars and just make it about vehicles and not clothes/build except for garages.

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I doubt it. There are lots of deco cars in the worlds. In Brindleton Bay, Del Sol Valley and in Britechester.
    While I'd love cars, this doesn't look like a hint to me.

I assume they are working on them, and hopefully they'll be as fun as they were in Sims 2.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm not sure, I really want cars but the cars in Cottage Living are only in debug mode and they also look like they have quite low resolution textures, like they were meant to just be in the background and not on the actual lot.

If they do make actual cars then I hope that they use higher resolution textures and that we also can see the interior.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Awhile back after the name of the town was released, someone came out with a tweet that Henford stood for Henry Ford and Bagley Avenue was where he first produced cars. And one of the Guru’s responded to a tweet, that cars are not here yet, or something like that. So I do believe they have hinted at cars.
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    I hope so it would be nice to finally have vehicles in Sims 4
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    It is quite difficult to have cars in Sims 4...not all lots can be connected to road
  • VeeVee294VeeVee294 Posts: 3 New Member
    There is a bus stop near the Watson family home that when you click on it allows for the travel option. I'm wondering if this is a hint to some kind of transportation coming in the future? Or maybe they've added this sort of thing in before?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I thougth that all the cars in the Eco Living reavel trailer were a hint already. However, here we are over one year later and still no cars on the horizon. At this point I'd already be happy about smaller additions to the base game like sleeping bags or picnic baskets that let you sit on the ground.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hope not, unless there’s a toggle. I prefer more nature and less urban stuff in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    Tbh the world was kind of disheartening to me in terms of cars because it looked like vehicle traffic was blocked off for most of it. Kind of looks like areas near me that are going car free actually.

If they arent gonna give us cars i kind of wish they'd just embrace the whole car free thing fully and say the sims live in a world where they actually managed to get by without cars, instead of having the deco parked cars and car fx everywhere.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Frank_The_Simmer_32Frank_The_Simmer_32 Posts: 42 Member
    TBH, I was messing around with the live edit objects cheat (bb.showliveeditobjects) and found what appears to be one of those London Routemaster buses as a decoration. Seeing one of those in the game kinda reminds me of those old Beatles films.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2021
    Did anyone else notice that foxes have cars in their thought bubbles pretty often? I saw it at least three times. Maybe it's a coincidence (the car icon has been in the game since launch), but who knows...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    In Cottage Living, one of the lots has a truck on it. It's really nice and I would love to have it. Wonder if this means we are getting vehicles this year? I really hope so. I wish it would be like the business lot on GTW and just have a car lot, gas station, and mechanic shop with all three having working jobs.

1. A car sells man selling vehicles of all kinds on a 64x64 lot or you can just go there and buy vehicles.
    2. A gas station/mechanic job where you pump gas and do mechanic work when no one is buying gas.
    3. Classic cars, cars, trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes sims can live in, bikes for kids, and tricycles for toddlers.
    4. Woohoo, makeout, and radio listening in car. Wax/clean car.

After tied animals and a pack that really wasn't about farming, I'm trying not to expect too much. They mostly focused on work on GTW, so why can't they do the same with cars and just make it about vehicles and not clothes/build except for garages.

To answer the question I think those trucks are a hint thier working on cars.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They've had vehicles as decor in worlds since the base game, so I doubt it's a hint
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Please give us cars! This is not the only thread about the matter.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I mean yeah the cars are everywhere at this point we can even ride in a boat and jet skis might as well make cars for Sims to drive/ride in because for seven years that have been walking it's now time past time for cars to be introduced.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    MANY areas have parked vehicles in Henford on Bagley. There are also roads with traffic in the background. No, I don't think it's a hint. We have been able to access and place static vehicles as scenery for a while now, via the deeper menu of debug/edit objects. That doesn't mean we'll be driving anything anytime soon.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I hope so there will be functioning sim-owned vehicles
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Awhile back after the name of the town was released, someone came out with a tweet that Henford stood for Henry Ford and Bagley Avenue was where he first produced cars. And one of the Guru’s responded to a tweet, that cars are not here yet, or something like that. So I do believe they have hinted at cars.
    VeeVee294 wrote: »
    There is a bus stop near the Watson family home that when you click on it allows for the travel option. I'm wondering if this is a hint to some kind of transportation coming in the future? Or maybe they've added this sort of thing in before?
    Did anyone else notice that foxes have cars in their thought bubbles pretty often? I saw it at least three times. Maybe it's a coincidence (the car icon has been in the game since launch), but who knows...

I know they've been hinting for a while, but since it's been a long time, maybe they're closer. When the one guru said that they aren't here yet, well the wording was interesting to me. If they won't do it like CASt, then they're quick to say so, but the word yet indicates in the future they plan to.
    Erja888 wrote: »
    At this point I'd already be happy about smaller additions to the base game like sleeping bags or picnic baskets that let you sit on the ground.

Yeah, I want sleeping bags. Great for poor Sims or jungle adventure fun.

As far as worlds not being set up, in the Sims3, they redid past worlds for park season stuff, swimmable oceans, ect. They've also changed worlds in Sims4 for Eco pack for instance.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    I don't think they alone are a hint. I feel like they have been hinting at cars for quite awhile now. I can't even begin to guess when, but I do think they will be coming eventually.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg