Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    Aww man, I knew the cake wouldn't agree with her. :( At least she tried. So cute Ruby and Rowan are sleeping in the same bed. Ah yes, I have those vamps in my game too, not this save game though. Except Inna. Doesn't surprise me Vlad dislikes the idea of working with the Vatores. They've not gotten a long for quite awhile even according to game lore. Attracted to Vlad? o.O Uh, okay must be her transformation is messing with her common sense. HAHA! And of course Jules gets abducted! Darn Scientist career! :D Does make for some fun gameplay though. Especially if Jules had been male. ;) Oh boy, the look of love on Lydia's face is plain as day. I'm glad she's been there for Jules, to keep her safe, but this could get very sad for her somewhere down the road. :#

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh, that's right, D'uh! Sorry, forgot about that fact. :) Okay, that's what I meant when I said they don't look like elders, they look younger to me and I know it's because of the overlays. Therefore, since I forgot you were extending for a month, I thought perhaps Melody had been aged up to Adult, but didn't change because of the overlay. :) Anyway...

hehe Essa will meet up with Veera again at some point and they'll most likely spar together. I'm looking forward to it! I guess Essa was just so shocked about meeting Greg and who/what he is, she wasn't connecting anymore dots that would lead to Melody at the time. I'm sure it will hit her at some point. Or maybe she'll see Melody visiting dear 'ol Dad and put two and two together that way. ;) Gah! So would I! Can't even imagine owing Grim a favor. I don't think she thought about it very much or she might've said, NO! Here, take my money instead! :D Quite a birthday eh? Not her best one, that's for sure. :D

Very cool Melody will start the Actor career at Level 7! I bet she'll just fly through it. Aw, Mike looks adorable in his little sunglasses. Pets are cute too giving each other confused looks about the floor. hehe I am loving the Simple Living lot trait too! Not in this challenge yet, but will do it at some point. Sulani is a good place to try it. Mona is so dang cute standing there with her head tilted to the side looking at that plant, then hugging Melanie. Man, this update is just chock full of cuteness. Never had toddlers/pets at the same time, kind of think I need to now after seeing how adorable it is when toddlers hug the pets. Hey! That is great the game chose a Sulani native to be the grocery delivery person. Cool! Of course she wanted an autograph. hehe

@SoulGal7
    Congrats to Sakura for her promotion to Policy Planner! Go Sakura! Congrats to Ken also for completing the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and Ren for completing Rambunctious Scamp! hehe So funny how Wolfgang autonomously watched that channel and you make fun of him for it. Silly Sims! :D
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited August 2021
    Update 212 - Vampire Lore

Fq3OXQL.jpg
    "Ugh, why are there so many children and pets in my house?!"
    afG10JQ.jpg

"Father, don't be cross," Lydia told him gently. "We have plenty of space for guests. Besides, it's been ages since we've gotten to train a new vampire, so this should be exciting for you. Why don't you start off by giving her one of the tomes to read?"
    dc67JwZ.jpg

"Here, read this," Vlad grumbled after digging through his extensive library and finding one of the vampiric tomes that contained all of their lore and history.
    0fnqcMg.jpg

"Don't mind Father," Lydia apologized as Vlad stalked off in a huff. "He's just not used to a full house yet, but he'll come around."
    vbDgyCT.jpg

"Anyway, it's about time I got some rest," Lydia told her, as the sun began to peek over the horizon. And with that, she transformed into a bat and vanished out of sight.
    NKPv35u.jpg

Meanwhile, it was time for Ruby and Rowan to head to school, because even your mom changing into a vampire doesn't excuse you from attending classes.

"This place is so weird," Ruby groaned.

"I kind of like it," Rowan responded.
    z1KzyNi.jpg

Jules read for a while (and got to level 5 of the vampire lore skill).
    DLGV9yt.jpg

But soon, she was feeling antsy and a little bored. So Jules did what she does best - she decided to play with her SimRay :D
    0SlvDTh.jpg
    GLbdpJU.jpg

"I think it looks better this way actually."
    SbzCt58.jpg

"Whoops..."
    SmXCQvV.jpg

This was not how Vlad planned on spending his day :joy:
    CXOv25V.jpg

(So for whatever reason, this fire would not extinguish and the fire department would not show up. I was worried I was gonna have to quit without saving.)

"Literally I cannot leave you alone for one minute..."
    icaYJkW.jpg

But then it finally died out on it's own, and then, in that exact moment...
    qqKf8QN.jpg

"Your transformation is almost complete," Lydia explained as Jules gazed down at her with a panicked and bewildered expression.
    tG2PLvO.jpg

Okay, yeah, we're gonna need to work on that look :D (That will be for tomorrow's update though. I didn't have time to give her a proper makeover yet)
    WmhpxbD.jpg

Also, here are the rebellious vampires, hopefully I will have some time to actually include them in the plot soon. We have Kat Cave, Markus Crow, and of course Miss He.ll.
    7jeRcnH.jpg

--

I am so sorry I keep getting so behind on comments. I just like to try to sit down and have enough time to properly do them, but I have been keeping up with all your lovely stories and am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you when I have a little bit more time, fingers crossed it will be this evening :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2021
    Comment time...have a great day/night everyone!

@Karababy52 -
    First off, the house you chose is amazing for Forgotten Hollow; however, it is in disrepair. And I think every house there must come with its own graveyard. Essa has her work cut out for her when she arrives to meet Greg, the Grim Reaper. She's a bit taken aback, but is thankful that she has some place to stay. But when she goes inside, she is dismayed at the condition of the house. Love this line "(Unbelievable...sufficient shelter he said. For who? Squatters?)" But she manages to clean it up as best she can, and thankfully brings her own air mattress to sleep on. I wouldn't sleep in that bed either!

And the next day is the day she agrees to be "turned" by Damon. What a sad day for Essa to have to do this. But she would do anything to save the love of her life, and she knows that Josh would do the same for her. Damon has some feelings surface about Essa, but he quickly squelches them...thank you Damon...and Essa feels like she wants to kiss him. Damon explains that it is just the process...and it will pass quickly. Essa now feels pain in her stomach, and thinks this is it. But it's not, although she doesn't know this. Good thinking that Essa is getting in shape with some of the items that were in storage, and especially good that she drew a picture of Kat on the punching bag and is throwing all her energy into that bag...and defeating Kat. Yes!

@permanentrose -
    Oh gosh! Jules is not having a great day/week. First, she gets turned into a vampire, then she gets abducted by aliens! lol I love the line Lydia says that taking care of Jules will be a full-time job! Oh yes! It certainly is. lol And at least Ruby and Rowan are brought to the house where Jules is. I am not sure if it would really be safe to be in a vampire house! lol But the kids seem to take it all in stride, and then plan a birthday party for Jules. And making a cake with very old ingredients....um...maybe someone had better get some groceries delivered. And poor Jules going through all this pain. And then eating the cake and poor Ruby thinks it's her cooking, but, hun, it's not...it's your Mom starting to have a taste for a different type of food. Happy Birthday, Jules, under sad circumstances. Love how Jules looks clothing and hairstyle wise, and Lydia looking at her, still in love with her. Ahhh... And the kids head off to school, and then Jules changes into a vampire. Umm...yeah...CAS help needed lol. Oh my gosh, and forgot to mention about Jules setting the statue on fire! Okay, Vlad is not going to be too happy with Jules as a house guest for sure! Funny how he runs out wearing his bunny slippers! lol And those other vampires...now they look scary! Where is Emmett...why didn't Ruby call Emmett or Mario?

@Ellupelluellu -
    Gorgeous shot of Melody in the moonlight. She looks so good there. And the house looks really nice. Beautiful red, of course, and all the drapes around it. So very breezy. I like the firepit area. Not sure if it was like that, or if you added the torches, but it looks nice. Cool glass floor in the living room, and a sauna! lol All the screenshots are beautiful with the sunset and moon coming out and then heading inside the house. Just so nice.

Great idea to get back into the Acting career and try to finish that aspiration. Level 7 - not much more to go :) Cute planters, and you are doing the new lot challenge...Simple Living...very cool. Gardening...always a must for every world. Love that toddler pool, and Mike seems to be having a fun time with Malcolm. The pets, however, are not quite sure of this new house, especially the glass floors. lol And groceries are delivered, and Melody gives an autograph. Nice update :)

@miss_eulenauge -
    Thank you for your kind words. Some days are more frustrating than others, so for now, I am just going to concentrate on getting Sakura done with some aspirations, and just follow the worlds. Once I feel better about everything again, I may start another story. I do have several in mind, but they do distract from what I am supposed to be doing. Anyway, hope to see Amelia age up soon. :)

@sassytxbrat -
    You really have a lot on your plate! I do hope you find the time to continue. I did enjoy following Mia's adventures. Take care of yourself.
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @SoulGal7 thank you! I have the update fully screenshotted and was ready to start writing, (in fact I have the first few paragraphs somewhere), and then RL stuff came up... but hopefull I'll finish soo :blush: I look forward to your next updates too, and I hope it'll get better for you again. :)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member

@SoulGal7 ,
    Thank you :) Yes I added the torches and the actual pit too , there will be coconut palms growing around it, but she has to find a coconut from the nature first :) yes I left the acting career in purpose in here. As Sulani's own aspirations are very easy to do , and do not take for long. Or I just have done those so many times that it feels like it :p
    But that was another reason I chose Sulani, I can try to complete those other aspirations what I still haven't finished yet. As still she has not done her very first aspiration, that SE one, as she has not been on the top of the mountain :)

--What a joyful update :) Great job for getting promotion :smiley: Yummy food and friends over :) Naah , just ignore the crumpy face of the maid :p Nice , boys completed aspirations too :smiley:

@Karababy52 ,
    Haha, no , I am sorry, I maybe over explained the overlay situation :) You will see when Melody ages up at next month, that it does sho, just a little at least :)
    Haha , of course I enjoy seeing Veera, i just hope she could behave this time :D Well at least they are far away from those ECO lots :D
    Yes, i very much hope she can finish the actor stuff fast, why I left it on purpose to do after the popularity one. I did , as I said, had her in that career once, but as I quitted it so soon, i did not even post those pics, but important was to get the audition done, for aspiration, as now she does not have to do that again :) And naturally she got the first step from that acting aspiration when she was a teen, and in Drama Club :)
    Oh I love toddlers with pets, why I gave Anna that cat (Snowflake) when she was one. Okay she was just turned to a kid, but anyway she had so much to do with the cat that her mommy had plenty of time doing other stuff needed :p

-- Oh, Damon , I am so proud of you.. all those temptations rising.. after all, that time was not so long ago, depends on what are we comparing it. Long time ago maybe for Essa, as mortal,, but not for you. Yet you are wiser now, and at least survived from your own test to you, what you may not even know was there..
    Very well written, most of all I love the part he tolds her what will happen in next days. And about he being her master.
    If you think I'm going to call you Daddy now, you're sorely mistaken
    :joy::joy::joy:

@permanentrose ,
    --Haha, funny update :p I mean by that "Literally I cannot leave you alone for one minute..." Part, and Vlad running out to sun with his umbrella, and Jules face when she looked at the burning statue :D
    Oh.. well.. not the worse dark form I have seen, actually you were quite lucky there :D Not even the eyeball ring :D Oh, you made Markus with black hair, nice :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited August 2021
    Mx8

August, day 3

HM1rh0n.png
    The one with full autonomy.

Okay this is pretty meaningless update too, haha, I let the free will be on to all, it is still late Saturday evening, so I just sat back and looked :)
    HM1rh0n.png
    f0juuJB.png
    Melody decided to have an interesting meal, in the middle of the night.. haha. And she was not even hungry, so she did not even grab a plate.

E0i3gIi.png
    p4nwNf2.png
    Looks like all got over the glass floor fear :p

y15Vxbk.png
    Milly here, is looking a bit peculiar :joy:

ZXx0Efk.png
    Ah!! She must be sure that Micky is after her yarn ball.

ZLaAd89.png
    "All mine!!!!!!! MEOWW!!!"

rhdSnQB.png
    Okay I did made Melody to plant the outside plants too. (orchid and bird of paradise)
    IS1qpmu.png
    But she watered those on her own.

303aUWL.png
    mLUbivw.png
    As did Malcolm after hugging Molly :smiley:

0lvobf7.png
    Then I saw this trio, Mona in lead... hey you kids, too young for that bar!! :p
    VMB7b0e.png
    Aww... <3

Jkt6EtB.png
    Malcolm.. nooo , do not clean pet toys!! Dammmmiiiittt I have to remember to nuke that autonomy with MCCC!
    jk0e9LD.png
    Drinks? I was waiting for something else..

JFfgDH4.png
    12eqLef.png
    Finally.. :p<3

f37zIps.png
    Hey, Milly, what are you doing?
    EaHW6T8.png
    Aww.. <3 Group sleep :p

zAAe36N.png
    uBa2uAL.png
    Finally all at sleep :)
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

edited August 2021
    @Ellupelluellu
    That hair from the new pack looks great on Melody! I love their new house, and I love that you made it mostly red, which is Melody's signature color :) Lovely sunset photos too.

Yay, I'm glad you don't have to use a mod now using ingredients for cooking. I need to explore that feature. Mostly I just cheat needs these days though so I forget about cooking haha - and Jules has so many reward traits that she never needs to eat. But I love the idea of the challenge of having to buy or grow everything for food. The kids and the pets are so cute too!

Full autonomy is always fun. Oh my goodness, your puppies and kittens are just too cute. Haha, love that Mona is leading them toward the bar, can't wait to see the mischief she gets into as a kid and teen. Yeah, cleaning up pet toys is so annoying. That's something you can change with MCCC? I need to look more at those settings for sure. It must be nice that Melody and Malcolm can woohoo now without the risk of pregnancy haha.

Yeah, Markus' bleach blonde hair was just too ew, I had to change it haha.

@SoulGal7
    Aw, cute that Ren and Ken are best friends now. Nothing like having a sibling best friend. Cute pics of them playing together too! Good idea to get them to Sulani too - that's gonna be a fun month to do with kids. Your renovations looks great too - looking forward to seeing the house you build/renovate in Sulani too!

Nice updates as you conclude their days in Evergreen Harbor too! Rooting for you to finish those aspirations with Sakura. The twins seem to be thriving too, good work with their aspirations! And I'm excited to see your triplets aged up too <3

And in response to your comments - Emmett is away in the military right now, so he's unavailable, and I guess Ruby could have called Mario, but I had Tiberius fetch them before she panicked too much. I'm sure Mario would have been her next person to contact, or Emmett's parents. I might have Ruby end up moving in with Mario and Rowan in with Emmett's parents at some point this month if I don't end up having much to do with them. I'll have it be safer or something for them...but we'll see. I'm really winging things this month :)

@Karababy52
    Always lovely to see Greg. He's a great character :) And now Essa finally knows his true identity. You have a lot of great vampires this month, I'm looking forward to seeing them in your story! Cool idea to have Greg be her "landlord" too. Aw, Essa's reaction to walking into that dilapidated house though :'( And it brought up hard memories of living rough with her mom :( Everyone deserves a good cry every now and then, and I don't blame Essa one bit. And wow, what an adjustment for Essa to have to do stuff without magic after being a spellcaster for so long. It looks like she's making good progress though! Good call to have her sleep on a blow up mattress for now too. I'm enjoying seeing how you're using the BB items to tell a story with the old and broken items in this house.

Yay, I'm glad Damon got to change Essa into a vampire. I remember ages ago you mentioned you wanted it to be him, so I'm glad that their relationship got to the place where it made sense for him to do it, and it was completely her choices too. I like the vampire lore you're adding in too. A part of me wanted Lydia to be the one to change Jules, just because of that special bond between the creator and the new vampire, but I couldn't come up with a good idea to have it happen, hence the plot I went with instead. I'm looking forward to seeing Essa's training and what her dark form looks like! So are you only controlling Essa this month?

I have considered moving Rowan and Ruby out too (Ruby with Mario and Rowan with Emmett's parents or Dell and Sofia), and I still might do it if I really don't end up doing much with them this month, we shall see. For now though, I'm enjoying having the kids and pets around :)

I have a plan for Lydia as far as her love for Jules goes...but that will take some time play out :)
    August 2 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 25 - Tuesday

sakrua-interviewing-some-locals.png
    Life with the Munch family continues. It's Tuesday, and it's a work and go to school day. Never any rest for the Munch clan, because the "Watcher" has a purpose in mind for them. What it is, is anyone's guess, but the kids have been told that they get to go to Oma's at the end of the month, and we all know that Mila will spoil them rotten. And Sakura has been told that it will be all rest and relaxation in Sulani. Oh gosh! She might be able to wear that bikini that she was modelling for Wolfgang the other day. And Wolfgang...he gets to save the dolphins...and look sexy in a sarong. Ahhh...yes...life with the Munch family is just a breeze.

In fact, even as we speak, Wolfgang is preparing for all the sun and sand by knitting...a sweater...

wolf-dies-some-knitting-sat.png

Um, Wolfgang. You won't be needing a sweater in hot and humid Sulani!

Wolfgang: "Well, actually, I might get a bit chilled heading out sailing, and so a turtleneck sweater makes perfect sense." Right. Well, it is a nice color.

wolf-knitted-himself-a-sweater.png

Moving on....ah, yes...Tuesday, the Eco Inspector comes for a visit.

wolfgang-topless-workout.png

And watching Wolfgang work out at the punching bag gets her all hot and flustered. Whoa! Since when did Wolfgang start working out shirtless? And Wolfgang achieves his maximum body potential, and he completes the Bodybuilder Aspiration! Those muscles are rippling today and the Eco-Inspector has noticed. Poor thing! I think she tripped over a solar panel back there. So, yeah, no problem, they pass that Eco-inspection with flying colors.

eco-inspector-tues-great-work.png

Oh gosh, another call from the school about Ren. It's always Ren, Ren, Ren. Why do they insist on picking on that poor child? I bet it's the hair. He has non-conformist hair, and he just stands out in a crowd. Oh, but it's not the school this time, it's some kid in his class.

IGNORE-IT.png

Well, for once Ren does something right and ignores it, looking all sweet and innocent.

REN-IS-INNOCENT-LOOKING-ANSWER.png

And look who showed up in Evergreen Harbor? Agatha Crumplebottom. And she is chatting with Mary Greenburg. Doesn't she just blend in so nicely with this world? I would say so.

AGATHA-CRUMPLEBOTTOM-FITS-RIGHT-INTO-EVERGREEN-HARBOR.png

She is probably talking about annuals and perennials, and which fertilizer is better, and how Mary should visit her in Henford-on-Bagley. Oh those two have become fast friends.

ren-and-ken-home-from-school-on-tues.png

And Ren and Ken are back from school. And all those projects that they have been working on have finally paid off. Yes, they are both "B" students now. Personally, with all the extra work they have been doing, they should just be A+ students.

grades-are-up-tues-b-students-ren-and-ken.png

Does the school even realize that some of these projects were unfinished projects in their mother's inventory from when she was a teen? Yes, Sakura and Wolfgang are secret hoarders. They knew those antique projects would still be all the rage in schools today. Volcano project? Yep, still done. So, yes, Ren and Ken are recycling to the max. That should be worth a bonus grade for sure.

ken-rebellious-stage-tues.png

Oh gee! Ken is going through a rebellious stage...towards his parents? What? Bite the hand that feeds you? Ah, Ken! But then Ken did have that rebellious streak when he was a toddler, too. And you want to procrastinate on doing your homework, too? Oh not a chance there because your brother, Ren, created the Family Club....and....tada...homework is one of the activities. So, nice try there, Ken.

writing-in-their-jouirnals-tues-rev.png

Thankfully, Sakura knows the power of writing, and has made it mandatory for them to write in their journals when they get home. Yep, get that anger out on paper.

REN-IS-NOW-A-BEAR-TUES.png

After their creative writing outlet, writing in their journals, Ren decides that since Ken is rebellious, Ren wants to be a bear. But not just any bear. A wonderful, green avocado bear. Yep, Ren will dress in nothing but his amazing fruit-themed costume. It is because of all the talk of Sulani...I am sure of it...and Olivia's visit the other night and becoming a strawberry bear. Strawberry bears are just so last year...avocado bears are in! Yes!

Now, avocados are not found in Sulani, but in Selvadorada. Hmmmm....Is there some foreshadowing going on here? Or maybe Ren is just studying geography, or perhaps declaring that he always wanted to taste an avocado. But yes, for now Ren is a bear, and we will all just have to "grin and bear it."

REN-THE-BEAR-TUES.png

Ken, of course, loves that his brother is an avocado bear. I mean, how cool is this? Green is Ken's favorite color, so how can he not just love this new look his brother has going on? Maybe Ken doesn't want to go through this rebellious phase anymore, but wants to go through a bear phase.

youre-a-cool-bear-ren-because-your-a-green-bear.png

Ken: "Ren! You are the coolest brother! And you're green, too! Can I borrow this costume for Halloween?"

off-to-work-tues.png

Sakura comes home with a promotion! Yes! She is now a Civic Archivist, and besides getting a great bonus, she got a ground solar panel. Perfect! Another solar panel for the Eco-Inspector to trip over when she is...um...observing Wolfgang. Sweet!

WOLF-MAXED-COOKING-SKILL-TUES.png

And true to his word, "Mr. Mom" Wolfgang has made dinner tonight. And has now maxed the Cooking skill. How is that possible when Sakura does most of the cooking? Well, actually, there was a phase that Wolfgang went through, too, making all those grilled cheese sandwiches. But, tonight, he has outdone himself and made Veggie Yakisoba, which is a Japanese stir fry dish with noodles. And it's excellent quality! Wow! And look at how he garnished it. Just superb!

TUESDAY-NIGHT-LAST-NIGHT-IN-THEIR-HOUSE-WOLF-MAKES-DINNER.png

Well, his dish is a hit at dinner! And Wolfgang even has seconds. And look at that smile on Sakura's face. Oh Wolfgang, I think that Sakura likes what she sees, and we're not talking about the dinner. Uh huh...

Sakura: "Were you working out today, Wolfgang? Your muscles...look rather...um...well-defined..."

LOVELY-DINNER-WOLF.png

After dinner, we are treated to a lovely violin concerto by Ren the Bear. It almost moves their Nanny to tears.

ren-the-bear-playing-violin.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once Ren and Ken are safely tucked in bed, and the babies are asleep, and the Nanny has gone home for the night, Sakura tries on another outfit she hasn't worn in awhile. That "heart attack outfit" that she wore on their honeymoon. And it still fits!

YOU-HAVENT-WORN-THAT-OUTFIT-SINCE-THE-HONEYMOON.png

I would say that Wolfgang has a rather surprised look on his face when he sees her in it. But I really can't see too well, because he has started kissing Sakura, and...oh my! Oh gee! Oh...!!! Hey! It's still daylight out....close the blinds! There are paparazzi out there! Sheesh! I think that Wolfgang is putting on that tiger beanie now. Oh! We are out of here.

OH-YOU-STILL-FIT-INTO-IT-QUITE-WELL.png

And, so, we leave you all with happy thoughts of just another day in the Munch household.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 3: "A Child of the Night is born..."

Aih4jCn.png

Notes
    nqnYM56.png
    After working out for a little while, Essa took some time to read the first volume of the Vampire Encyclopedias Damon had given her.

JYeEETe.png
    The sun was getting low on the horizon, so remembering what Damon also said about going outside to enjoy it while she could, she put away the book and changed into warmer clothes for a walk around the neighborhood.

She discovered a lighted pathway and ran down it wondering what she would find at its end. It wasn't much really, just a bench and a fallen over light pole. Perhaps it was only a quiet scenic place to sit and enjoy the silence. However, she did find a Plasma fruit tree and a Wolfsbane plant, both ready to be harvested. She knew the plasma fruit would at least come in handy, since she would NOT be drinking anyone's plasma, if she could help it.

v0CGjve.png
    At the end of another even longer lighted pathway, Essa discovered a rather malevolent looking mansion. She stood pondering who lived there. It must be someone very wealthy, and a vampire judging by the gargoyles and tombstones around the estate.

Essa walked the perimeter and stopped to investigate an interesting looking plant. It had a seed pod that might've been used to grow one herself. But the plant opened it's 'mouth' and snapped at her fingers when she tried to harvest it.
    (Whoa! Probably best to leave that one alone.)

2gfjrbY.png
    Wandering along the edge of a foggy mist covered pond, she found another large gargoyle with several lighted candles around it's feet where it sat perched on a pedestal. Why was it being honored? Was someone buried beneath?

The screech of bats made Essa snap her head toward the sound. She saw a cave above a waterfall with several bats flying out of it into the night. An eerie blue glow caught her eye next from a small island in the middle of the pond. The one lone tree and gravestone upon it made it seem like a very sad and lonely place.

Essa jumped a little thinking there was a woman staring at her from the weeds surrounding the little island, but she soon realized it was only a statue. She shivered from the cold and decided she'd had enough exploring for one night. She went home to warm up and try to sleep.

9inxrIS.png
    After waking up several times from the pain of her impending transition, she gave up on the idea of getting any sleep and went downstairs. She was famished too, maybe a midnight snack was in order.

D34fGoW.png
    Essa had still been able to eat food yesterday without being repulsed, but tonight, it was not to be.
    (Ugh, that tastes disgusting!)
    Just the smell was making her nauseous. She threw away what was left and went upstairs to change into some warmer clothes.

yKQwoBN.png
    Back in the living room, Essa settled for trying to knit. Knitting had always been relaxing for her and for Josh. As she did every day, every minute, every second, Essa thought about Josh and what he might be doing.

She'd like to think he was thinking about her too. But, he was probably doing something else she tried hard not to think about...she did anyway.
    (Stop torturing yourself. You know it's not his choice.)

And then with a *poof* and a few screeches, a bat materialized in the room.

aAPfq1a.png
    "Nik! Oh, it's so good to see you right now."
    "And you as well my dear. My apologies for the intrusion, I hope I did not scare you."
    "Of course not, I'm used to bats appearing around me by now." Essa said with a small smile for Nik as she stepped back from giving him a hug.

oZcaHiH.png
    "But, why are you here? Is there something else I need to know Damon neglected to tell me?"
    "No, I believe my Son was very thorough with his instructions. I have come to keep you company and offer my help, if needed, with your transformation. We did not want you to be alone when it happens."
    "Oh Nik, that is so sweet. But why isn't Damon here himself? Isn't he my Master now? The one responsible for me?"
    "Yes, he is. He would be here, except I insisted he stay with Molly and their Son. Both are not feeling well tonight. His place is with them. Molly told him to come to you, insisting she and the baby would be fine, but I could sense she really wanted him there. As your Grand Master, I felt it my responsibility to take his place. He sends his apologies, his love and something else."

K1hLkTH.png
    "Photos of my Grandson, Samuel. Such a handsome little guy, don't you agree?"
    "Oh, oh yes, I do, he's adorable! Thank you and thank Damon for me. I still haven't had a chance to see the baby. Hopefully after everything settles down later."
    "I am quite certain he and Molly understand."

OSOTGJn.png
    Another wave of intense pain hit Essa so strong, she doubled over and moaned in agony.
    "How much longer will this last? I'm so tired, but I can't sleep. I'm starving, but eating makes me sick. I'm sorry, I'm normally not a whiny complainer."
    "Oh my dear Essa, do not apologize, I know the pain you are suffering is very hard to endure. You must eat though. Have you eaten anything at all?"
    "I ate yesterday. Tried to today, but...I couldn't."
    "Alright, it won't be long now, what you have eaten should see you through this. But, forgive me, you look about ready to pass out from lack of sleep. Why don't you try taking a nap?"
    "Okay, I guess I'll try again. If you think I should?"
    "Yes, indeed you should. I insist."

CJFie4r.png
    While Essa napped, Nik painted something he thought she might enjoy having, a transformation gift he hoped would help lift her spirits a little.

sYwc2gJ.png
    Later when Essa woke from her nap, she noticed the painting immediately and walked over to check it out. It was of a beautiful phoenix, rising from a cloud of ashes. She understood the message Nik might be trying to convey. Just like the Phoenix of mythical legend, she would die, but be reborn, rising from the ashes, immortal, fierce and powerful. Perhaps it was only a pretty red bird flying among the clouds. But she chose to believe otherwise. Essa went downstairs to find Nik and thank him for the thoughtful gift.

Mk7isDx.png
    It should be only a matter of a few hours, or sooner, according to Nik. He chose to read as she sat down to knit again. The floors in this house were cold and drafty, another rug or two seemed just the thing to help fix that.

X0lG0g7.png
    When she was finished, Essa asked Nik if he would like to play a video game with her. He politely declined, but would love to watch her if she wanted to play. Nik didn't understand the appeal of video games to the younger generation. However, it did look a bit interesting.

5UyE8MD.png
    "OH MY GOD! It feels like something just tore apart inside me!"
    "It has begun. Your time to rise as a vampire is upon us."

ip42KgL.png
    Essa began to rise in the air as thick undulating clouds of pink, purple and black smoke surrounded her.
    "NIK! NO! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

jqv8Gji.png
    "DON'T LEAVE ME NOW! PLEASE, PLEASE, I'M SCARED NIK! I NEED YOU!" Essa screamed in terror.
    "I am not going anywhere child, merely giving you room to transform."

xNM198E.png
    "I am right here, beside you. You will not be able to speak now, but it won't last very long. I promise. Let it flow and trust that you will live again."

5W0zt86.png
    Essa's body began to completely shut down from lack of life-giving oxygen pulled from her body, to be consumed by the vampiric forces swirling rapidly around her.

odsX4bn.png
    Soon, she would breath no more, feel no pain, feel no cold and be immune to all mortal illnesses...

afgTNtn.png
    Essa would become immortal, a supernatural daughter of the night, with the capabilities of being one of the most feared and powerful creatures in the world...

cYutPSS.png
    Within moments, the transformation was complete and both floated back down to the floor...

x99jO5L.png
    "How do you feel my dear child?"

2JV2JRe.png
    "Wonderful! But, I could really use a drink...
    "Indeed."

*Extra Note - Essa did not receive a random dark mode like Josh did. She still looks exactly the same! I will give her a makeover for both modes which will be shown in my next update. Also, all of Nik's actions were completely autonomous, I had no control over him. I found what he chose to paint amazing and very appropriate for the situation. Sometimes the game does give us gifts, however coincidental they may be. :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my August 3rd post above! I'll get started on comments in a bit. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Poor grumpy, loner Vlad with a houseful of 'guests.' :D Sorry for laughing, but I don't like that vamp, never have. Jules says 'whoops' about the gargoyle, but the look on her face looks sinister. :D Whoa! A fire and Jules transforming, exciting day. o.O Interesting how Jules got a random dark mode look, but Essa didn't. Speaking of sinister, the Rebellious vampires sure look that way, and mean!

Yes! I'm enjoying having so many wonderful vampires this month, thanks to Ellu! :) I think it's more of an adjustment for me than Essa that she's not a Spellcaster. I keep trying to have her transportalate and pout when it's not an option. hehe Oh well. She still has a bunch of Potions of Plentiful Needs though and the Book of Life to read Josh wrote for her. So there's that. IF I let her use either one of those things. I might not. The house will get updated, but hopefully slowly, trying to hold myself back from just going hog wild on it. :D

I am extremely happy Damon was able to be the one to turn Essa after all. Yes, it was the plan all along, so pleased it worked out. :) I actually stole that lore from True Blood, that's how it is with the vampires in that show with the Master thing. The child thing is actually a part of the pack by default. When vampires turn others, those Sims become their 'children/family/offspring.' There is a vampire family aspiration and many confuse that with thinking Sims need to have a real family to fulfil it. Nope! But anyway, I loved the idea of the Master thing from True Blood and decided to use it for my vampires. This way too, I'll get to include Damon more in the story and they'll have a loving bond, but not a romantic one. :)

No, I'll probably look in on Josh and Kat at least once, and maybe control others if needed for the story. :)

I just personally thought it would be a lot easier to do the vampire aspirations controlling and focusing on just Essa. But I can see how you'd like having the kids/pets around. I thought about bringing the twins to FH, but I couldn't really see Essa wanting them there possibly putting them in danger.

@SoulGal7
    Thanks, I had fun building that house. :) Yeah, it was quite the revelation for Essa finding out who was behind the voice that helped her find and torture Damon. Thanks about the line, it was fun trying to figure out what she might say upon discovering the rental's condition. :D Nope, no way Jose would I ever sleep in that bed either. Considering I know it's history too. o.O I think it was just residual feelings on behalf of Damon. He loves Molly, Seth and Samuel too much to ever do anything to jeopardize that. Essa was just caught up in a kind of 'Hero' worship/Family member kind of thing because of course she loves Josh above all others. I feel sorry for that punching bag. :D

Oh geez Wolfgang! You won't need that sweater in Sulani! Silly Sim. :D Whoa! Look at Wolfgang! He's a beast! No wonder that inspector ran into the wind turbine. hehe Congrats to him for completing the Body Builder aspiration! So cute how Ren is going through the bear phase! Love that phase for kids! :) Congrats to Sakura for her promotion to Civil Archivist! HAHA! Ren playing the violin as a bear is adorable! Oo la la Sakura! Wondered if we'd ever see her wearing that again. I do believe Wolfgang approves of it's appearance. ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Okay, no worries. :) I've seen Veera there now, walking around the town square, but Essa was busy at the time. They'll meet soon and Essa will be surprised again with more revelations in store for her. ;) Oh yeah, getting to the level with no auditions saves SO much time with that aspiration. Good idea with the Drama Club, I might've done that with Essa, except I think they need to be a child/teen and because of my own personal rule (at the time) she can't go to any worlds not already 'unlocked.' So by the time DSV rolled around she was too old for Drama club. I'm relaxing that rule a bit for myself soon, for reasons. ;)

Pets and toddlers/kids just seem to go together so well! Perhaps I'll get a chance to find out one day if I play with Josee/Jessah in the future and they have kids. Oh man, that is a great point about Damon and his temptations. It really hasn't been long for him considering he will live forever in relation to Essa as a mortal. He still loves Essa, always will. But it's developed into a different kind of love now. He loves Molly, has kids, is a family man, and KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt she loves Josh and he loves her more than any other, ever. Plus, he and Josh are friends now. So there will be no shenanigans between them. Nope!

I had a completely different segment written there, but changed it because it seemed way too serious. The story needed a bit of levity. hehe

Oh cool! You did a full autonomy day! Those can be so much fun or very eye-rolling depending on what they choose to do. hehe Is that Bangers and Mash? :D What were you thinking Melody? Milly is dang cute! She looks like she's thinking, "This is MY ball Buster, better not try to take it or you'll be VERY sorry Mister!" hehe Adorable! Awwww! So cute seeing Malcom cuddling Molly! Mona is quite the gang leader eh? :D I can see her coercing the others to be 'partners in crime' when they grow up! ;) Gah! You're so lucky! Autonomous woo hoo! I was hoping Josh and Essa would do that when they had full autonomy, but nope, Josh was too obsessed with the bar! Good thing you have a full house now though! ;) What a fun update!
    Update 213 - Vampire Training

BD01Ry8.jpg
    Here is Jules' edited dark form. I tend to keep vampires in their dark form pretty often, so this will probably be her primary look for the month. I might change her outfits here and there though.
    JBzUaYN.png?1
    nOF3Xz7.png?1

Anyway, the kids returned home from school. Rowan had a school project to complete. Vlad looked on curiously as he worked.

"What are you working on, small human?"

"Oh, just a model of the solar system," Rowan happily explained.
    5eytHYF.jpg

"Do you mind if I have a look at your book? I have always been fascinated by astronomy."
    EBOm90E.jpg

"You know, this planet isn't quite to scale. Here, I can help you out..."
    p2cXZ4V.jpg

"Thank you Mister Vampire Man! It looks amazing!"
    akUfxv8.jpg

I think Vlad might be developing a soft spot for this kid :)
    AWbFHGW.jpg

Meanwhile, Jules and Lydia were out in the cemetery, where Lydia was beginning her vampire training.
    vckSRiV.jpg

Wow, she's so amazing. Seriously, she looks so hot when she shows off her powers like this...
    gSQ3ZlP.jpg
    rpEwkkl.jpg

The fluttery feeling in Jules' stomach vanished quickly, however, as a pain shot through her stomach. "I thought you said it wouldn't hurt this bad once I changed," Jules groaned.
    GUfO3AG.jpg

"Thirst can be painful," Lydia explained. "But since you are fully turned, you can now satiate your thirst with plasma." She produced a small pack that looked similar to juice pouch and handed it to Jules.
    MceOnAs.jpg

Jules was a bit skeptical at first.
    nb6nsc8.jpg

But as she began drinking, it only had her craving more. "Okay, I'm gonna need about 100 more of these STAT."
    8D8AzGI.jpg
    edited August 2021
    @permanentrose
    So uncanny how either you post right after I do, or right before! Almost without fail. hehe Anyway, Jules' Dark Mode looks great! I'll probably go a bit light with Essa's look too. We'll see once I go back in game to do her makeover. So cute how Rowan has somewhat caused Vlad to open up a bit when he helped Rowan with his project. ;) I guess astronomy is the way to Vlad's heart? :D I can certainly see how Jules would think Lydia is hot doing her vampire stuff. Same thing happened to Essa with Damon. I'm guessing though, same as with Essa and Damon, nothing will happen as a result. Unless you kill of Emmett or something. o.O Don't you dare! :D I can see how Jules would be hesitant over drinking plasma too. But, those packs are at least a little better than the fruit. I think they fill up Vamps better, and yeah, we can pretend they're juice packs. hehe

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you :) Yes I decided to use that hair , as I had no energy to go CC hunting :) Yes I love that lot challenge :) Naturally I am not so much doing cooking in here either, as same thing, Melody and Malcolm both are so rarely hungry. And toddlers get veggies from inventory :)
    -- Nice looking dark form :) I see you have taken gothic way, I may use some brighter colors , most likely ,, haha, I have still time to decide :) I do not let them be at their dark forms much, because of the reputation hit.. or was it relationship hit, haha don't remember :)
    So funny with Vlad and Rowan :p Aww, that face she gave to Lydia , If Jules would of not been married, I would of started asking questions :smiley:

This is actually reply to @permanentrose , but I leave it out of spoiler, if anyone else has use for this info :)
    About tweaking autonomy commands, it is part of MC Tuner. You click a sim, Mcccc-> MC Tuner->Enable autonomy Scan.
    Then click on the object you want, in my case the pet toy box. New option shows up "Autonomy Scan" Click that, and you get a list of it's commands, I simply took off the "put toys back" option from autonomy options.

You can do same for any object, like sinks, if you do not want your sims drink water from sinks.

BUT, when talking about autonomous actions what aren't based on objects..
    .. lets say push ups , or playing with phone ,makes you nuts, after enabling the autonomy scan, click on ground, you will have the option "Autonomy Commands" , after clicking that, you will get 3 options, 1) Currently running scan 2) Search all running interactions and 3) Search all Autonomous Interactions.

1) clear, shows you what autonomous actions is currently running in that area. (sims have to be doing that at somewhere at the moment to it to show up) , you can select any autonomous action as non autonomous.
    2) Same as above, but it will show all currently running actions in area, autonomous or not, so list is a little longer.
    3) Long list , it shows all autonomous actions, not needed anyone to be doing it at the moment. As I said, a very long list :)

Last 2 options offer first a textbox, where you can type the action needed, but if you do not know how it is called what you are looking for, just don't type anything, just hit "Ok" and it gives you the full list.

Note: these will be saved on your MCCC settings file, the one you do not have to remove if main mod brokes in patch day, what includes all your other settings too. Meaning that if you start new save , or play another old save, these same settings are there too.

@SoulGal7 ,
    -- Oh, great that kids will be going with grandmom for some time! :smiley: I know Sakura will have great time at relaxing in Sulani :) She will miss her kids, but she knows they are in good care :) Wolfie sure is getting in shape <3 Congrats for promotion, Sakura :smiley: Haha, what a hot ending, indeed :p

@Karababy52 ,
    Thank you :) Oh, yes Drama club has to be when teen, but your sim will never visit at DSV , so, no rules broken :)
    Haha, yeah, Melody's choices of cooking, have been pretty weird.. like that dish in the middle of the night :D Haha yes, Mona is the eldest and the boss :p
    -- Ah yes, reading those books.. I know it may be boring, but Essa, you need all the levels :) That picture of her walking in snowy sunny day, very beautiful! <3 And yes, better get those plants, tho lost of fish will be helpful too :)
    Oh, who lives there? (I have no idea do you still have Vlad in your game :) I do not have him in Melody's save)
    Ah yes, it is beautiful place, but a little scary too, if not lived there long.
    OMG!! How sweet of Nik to visit like that, on his own, supporting her in that time :) Yes maybe it should of been Damon, but, he had a good reason to stay at home, not complaining about that :) And yes!! That painting was super cool in this situation! <3

edited August 2021
    @permanentrose -
    Jules is a very nice looking vampire. And so begins her vampire training. Meanwhile, Rowan is working on a school project and Vlad helps him out...small human...lol Okay, Vlad is taken with Rowan...I mean who wouldn't be? The kid is cute and polite. Back to Jules and she still gets pain, and Lydia provides her with plasma...gosh...don't let Vlad see you drinking from that plasma pack. Funny line about Jules needing about 100 more of the plasma packs - stat! lol

@Karababy52 -
    I wonder whose house Essa stumbled upon and whose gravestone is in the middle of the pond on an island. Very interesting. Nice pic that Nik drew for her. And then, her transformation...she must have been terrified, and so scared when Nik went into his dark form and she didn't know where he was. Funny last line about needing a drink! lol Looking forward to her dark form make-over.

Sakura autonomously changed into that honeymoon outfit and had that look on her face. And, of course, Wolfgang really likes that outfit that she had on. lol

@Ellupelluellu -
    Cool that you let them have a full autonomy day. To be honest, all the sims have full autonomy on all the time, but I control them lol Just sometimes, they do odd things...like that one autonomous woohoo that had me wondering what was going on, but now I know. That Mons...oh my gosh...what a little instigator she is...and leader of the pack for sure! lol Malcolm hugging that kitty...that is a sweet pic. He might have the evil trait, but he loves cats. lol And Milly and the yarn ball...that is funny. Love that tent the toddlers have in their room. And the night ends...um...having Malcolm and Melody "fluff" their pillows. lol
    @SoulGal7 ,
    thank you. Yes it is funny to have autonomy on with all :D Tho I admit I have nuked most of annoying stuff with MCCC, so they weren't totally on to weird stuff , like constantly drinking water and that :smiley:
    Malcolm gets along with kids surprisingly well too, not as well as Wolfie tho :)

edited August 2021
    This one will also be a miniupdate, but I simply had no time to play today, so I post what I have :)

Mx8

August, day 4

SoU16ae.png
    The one with lovely morning.

n6mEuq9.png
    It was a beautiful morning.
    Fe6md58.png
    XIU18Fm.png
    A bit better breakfast option :smiley: But all others are still at sleep, she let the food to counter, it will last 9 hours before it spoils, so kids can grab a plate when they want :)

ya90POq.png
    1PaZElh.png
    yzKlKhJ.png
    Time for morning swim.. looks like Malcolm is also now up.

w3JAXBJ.png
    Haha, okay, glad you like it :smiley:

LEKAuD5.png
    And here comes the trio again.. to breakfast :p Mona is not impressed by Judith, at all :joy:

SWQC0rQ.png
    She was first to eat..
    utUuyb8.png
    And was done when others joined :)

XjcWIw1.png
    Micky and Molly had a "chat"..
    zrihGPy.png
    ..while Milly was playing with that toy :)

paS18W9.png
    What a fun morning, kids channel :p

l6xuQwb.png
    bH0nzbe.png
    N49Dqnw.png
    First step of the aspiration, done :)

edited August 2021
    August 3 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 26 - Wednesday - Triplets Age-Up

meet-kyra-riki-and-hana.png
    Work and school day, and when everyone comes home, the triplets will be aging up to toddlers.

ewcycling-wold-weds.png

Wolfgang has some work to do and recycles some items from inventory.

He gets a call from the school. Of course he does. Ren had a test today and missed a bubble on his answer sheet. But luckily he told his teacher about his mistake.
    confess.png

And he gets a small performance gain.
    missed-bubble-answer-ren.png

When Ren and Ken get home from school, they write in their journals and then play on the monkey bars.

ram-scamp-ken-weds.png

Ken completes the Rambunctious Scamp Aspiration, and Ren completes the Social Butterfly Aspiration.
    ren-social-butterfly-asp-complete-weds.png
    mon-ken-phys-child-asp-done.png

Sakura arrives home from work and she gets another promotion! She is now a Neighborhood Improvement Officer. Woot!

TSLKING-TO-TINA-TINKER.png
    details-improvement-officer-thurs.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura and Wolfgang get everything ready for the birthday party and carry the triplets' basinets outside on the deck. They then get changed and call Ren and Ken to get changed, too. Well, Ren is still in his bear costume, so, he's dressed for every occasion. Sakura made a coconut cake for Kyra, Riki, and Hana's birthday. [Note: This cake gives them the sugar high moodlet. I thought it wouldn't. Oh well!]

age-up-day.png

Here they are ready to age-up. Of course, Sakura takes a photo of them as babies for their wall.

kyra-first-rikki-second.png

hana-bday-time.png

Ren and Ken are pretty excited about the party and throw some confetti.

first-to-age-up-is-kyra.png

And the first to age up is Kyra.

kyra-age-up-fussy.png

Kyra, the baby who has a great set of lungs and always wants attention, has rolled the Fussy Trait. Oh gee! I don't think this is a very good trait. I have a feeling that Kyra will be a wee bit of trouble as a toddler.

first-steps-kyra.png

And Kyra takes her first steps to Sakura. The game actually didn't do too bad with Kyra, but, of course, she will get a make-over in CAS. Look at her shoes...bear claws! But, from now on, she will be dressed in pink. She is a cutie! I love the pony tails.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next up is Riki, and Wolfgang lifts him out of his basinet.

age-up-riki-bday.png

oh-wolf-and-little-riki.png

Look at how high Wolfgang lifts Riki!

riki-age-up-with-wolf.png

And Riki takes his first wobbly steps towards Wolfgang. Such concentration on that little face.

roko-forst-walk-to-wolfgang.png

Riki rolls the Inquisitive Trait. A curious explorer. Two explorers now in the family. I wonder how he and Ren will get along. Riki's favorite color is red. He has the blondest hair, just like Wolfgang's.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

last-baby-to-age-ip-hana.png

And the last one to age up is sweet Hana. If there was a best baby of all the babies, it was Hana. She rolls the Silly Trait. Her color preference will be yellow.

hana-silly-toddler.png

Oh my gosh! And here she is, with a yellow hat on. [Note: I had actually picked her color before she became a toddler, so this was a surprise!]

hana-yes-age-up.png

Hana is just smiling and giggling. What a little ray of sunshine she is.

And Hana takes her first steps towards Sakura. Kyra gets a moodlet that she is anxious to meet her new siblings. Ah! that is sweet.

first-walk-to-sakura-hana.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was then time for Kyra, Riki and Hana to open their birthday gifts. They were excited!

opening-gifts-kyra.png

Look at that gift! It's almost as big as Kyra! Wow! Kyra gets a dollhouse!

kyra-gift-bday.png

excited-about-presents.png

And little Hana is so excited about opening presents.

hana-gift-bday.png

last-to-oppen-his-gift.png

And Riki is actually the last to open his present. And Gunther has also sent him a gift in the mail.

riki-gift-bday.png

bd-Y-EIKI-GUNTHER-SENT-A-GIFT-WEDS.png

Sakura also gave them each a bear that she knitted for them and Wolfgang gave them each a different toddler book.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura was hoping to get a group shot of all the kids, and Wolfgang tells her how lovely she looks.

you-look-lovely-today-sakura-age-up.png

Oh gee! Ren had to temporarily change from his bear costume and he got sad. Oh no! Okay, don't worry, be a bear again, just don't be sad.
    oh-my-gosh-sad-from-notbeing-a-bear-fri-ren.png

Cake is then served, and Riki really thinks it's smooshy.

riki-smooshing-his-bday-cake.png

And then off they go wandering...oh my gosh! Who left the gate open? Kyra and Hana are escaping! But not for long as they are corralled back inside the fenced area, and Wolfgang has to reset the security gate at the back and front of the house. Locked for Kyra, Riki and Hana. Safe again.

who-left-the-gate-open-kyra-and-hana-are-escaping.png

They all head to their room (which has been renovated slightly, and that is Kyra's new dollhouse).

playing-in-their-room-age-up-day-dollhouse-is-kyra-bday-gift.png

One more bed had to be purchased, but everyone has their own bed and they are happily playing together. And so ends our night.

small-room-reno-beds-cooincide-with-the-colors-they-will-be-wearing.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kyra, Riki and Hana in CAS:
    kyra-in-cas.png

Kyra in CAS, same hair. Her eyes are the same color as Wolfgang's. Her first outfit is so cute with a little cow on it from Cottage Living.
    riki-in-cas.png

Riki in CAS, I kept the hair. Same eye color as Wolfgang's.
    hana-in-cas.png

Hana in CAS. This was actually the hairstyle that was hiding under her hat. It is from the Cottage Living Pack, and I thought it was cute, so kept it. Hana and Ken share the same eye color, hazel.

the-wild-toddlers.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I was actually going to age the triplets up when they got to Sulani, but the house I chose has 2 levels, with the bedrooms upstairs. And toddlers need to be at movement level 2 to climb up and down stairs. So, I decided that I would do the same thing as I did with Ren and Ken and age them up after a week. This way. the triplets can gain some movement skill before Sulani. Oh gosh! These three toddlers look wild and ready to cause trouble. I mean two of them already tried to escape...
    edited August 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Hahaha, funny that Wolfgang is knitting a sweater, but I like your reasoning behind it. Nice work with Wolfgang's aspirations too! And aw, Ren is a bear now. Did you know that under the parenting menu, Wolfgang or Sakura can choose to dress up as a bear with him? It's too funny how they can do everything in their bear costume, like eating and playing the violin haha. Sakura's really looking great after birthing five kids! Nice sexy moment with her and Wolfgang ;)

Aw, your triplets are just too cute! They all have such a good mix of Sakura and Wolfgang's genetics too! I like the hair and the outfits they each have! And good luck wrangling all three of those kiddos! You (and Wolfgang and Sakura) are gonna have your hands full ;)

@Karababy52
    Nice idea to have Essa explore the neighborhood. It may be a small world, but there's still a lot of cool stuff to see. That's nice that Nik dropped in and that Essa didn't have to be alone during her final transformation. Fun that everything he did was autonomous too! That painting he did was neat! I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Very interesting that Essa got no dark form at all! I know that you can link them and make the the same once you go into CAS, but I've never seen the game make both forms identical from the start. I'm looking forward to seeing her makeover!

Thanks for explaining about the vampire family aspiration. That's the only vampire aspiration I haven't done - I ended up exploring the other two in the brief time I attempted a 100 baby challenge. Are you going to aim to do all three aspirations this month?

So if I have an update written up already, I will usually post when I wake up in the morning, which is usually between 6:30am and 8:30am, which I think it when you usually get offline, so it just so happens that we get on a similar posting schedule then haha. But tonight, I was too busy to get anything ready to go for tomorrow, so I'll post later in the day when I actually have time to play.

Emmett is not gonna die. At least, that's not my plan haha. I did briefly consider it, but it was just too sad and in the end I really didn't want to kill him off just to get Jules with someone else. Emmett is her soulmate, even though Jules and Lydia will always have chemistry. And that's all I'll say for now, I do have a few plans brewing in that department :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks for your reply about MCCC tuner. I'm gonna play with that when I go in game next. And yes, I definitely do tend to go for a gothic look for my vampires, I just can't help making them somewhat traditional in their style.

And what a beautiful morning indeed! Sulani is truly gorgeous. I love that Melody can jump into the ocean straight from her house. Cute morning with Malcolm and the kiddos <3 Nice start to the aspiration too!
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 4: "Use it, or lose it!"

9S5J6CU.png

Notes
    jhqQx96.png
    Essa gave herself a total new look! She tried very hard to look nothing like herself in an attempt at a disguise, of sorts. Not much could be done about her eyes, at least when she wasn't in dark mode. She also wanted to 'blend' in with the vampire community a little bit. She couldn't quite bring herself to dress in Victorian attire, but it is dark and gothlike. The leather and boots make her feel like a badbutt and the red hair is in homage to the gift from Nik. It helps her feel like a fiery Phoenix rising reborn with the power to win back the love of her life.

5rBoDMv.png
    Regular mode and Dark Mode clothing and accessories are exactly the same, so I'm only showing her Dark Mode. The only difference is the glowing eyes, cracks around her eyes and on one cheek.

VaKgB6m.png
    "Oh my, Essa, you look very fetching tonight. Quite a difference. The red hair suits you."

CMDCPeG.png
    "Thanks! You don't think it's too much, with the leather and big boots? I wondered if I went too far in trying to look different? I can't do anything about my hair, but I could wear different clothes?"
    "Do not change a thing Essa...yes, very fetching indeed."

mKVJSWW.png
    "Hey, do you think we could start my training tonight? I want to get going as quickly as possible."
    "Yes, we may begin your training. It will take some time to reach the level you'll need. Every waking moment should be spent progressing your powers."
    "Well alright then, let's do it!"

5Dlhpki.png
    "Hmm, where should we begin? Ah, yes, something basic. Watch closely, I will attempt to teach you how to mesmerize your prey so they can not move."

YxlZiiZ.png
    "Uh, shouldn't you be facing me? The mesmerize mist is going at you, not me."
    "Shhh, I need to concentrate!"

mR7Ac6R.png
    8OYwQIv.png
    "Oh dear, I fear I have mesmerized myself. My apologies, I am a bit rusty."
    "It's okay, take your time."
    "Alright, the dizziness has passed. I shall try again."

wRD1XbO.png
    "Closer, but no cigar yet Nik."

GmQRxeU.png
    "I do not understand it. Is there something wrong with my hand?" *shake shake*

cc0vzzT.png
    Nik gets a very determined look in his eye and tries again.
    (Oh man, poor Nik. Is he too old or something?)
    "I am not too old my dear, just out of practice."
    (Hey! You read my mind.)
    (You have read mine as well.)
    "Wow, I guess I still have some of my Spellcaster powers."
    "Interesting."

uy8v6f7.png
    M5pKqoQ.png
    "It went behind you."
    *sigh*

TKln9Z9.png
    "This is quite embarrassing. I apologize profusely. I have failed you."

TaPIq1r.png
    "It's alright Nik. Has it been a long time since you trained anyone?"
    "Only 75 years, not very long at all."
    "75 years!? Whoa, that IS a long time."
    "Not in vampire terms, just the blink of an eye in time. Perhaps I am distracted and need to focus better."
    "Distracted? By what?"

v9HW3h6.png
    "By your lovely appearance my dear child. I will return later, I have some duties I should attend to anyway."
    "Aww Nik, you're so sweet! I apologize. Maybe I should change out of this get-up after all."
    "Oh no, please, do not change on my account. I must say though, I can certainly understand why my Son fell in love with you. Goodbye for now dear Essa."
    (And I can see now where Damon gets his charm.)
    Nik smiled hearing Essa's words about him in his mind.
    "Goodbye Nik, don't be a stranger!"

XJuoC7h.png
    After Nik left, Essa went outside and planted three of the plasma fruit tree seeds she'd found, and one of the Wolfsbane. She didn't know yet if she would need the Wolfsbane for anything, but she definitely needed the plasma fruit.

J7qx5xd.png
    Back inside she was quite thirsty so tried one of the plasma packs sent to her in the mail by the leader of the vampires, someone named Vlad. It was delicious! Unfortunately, she only had one left. Essa had learned how to make plasma packs from fish and frogs though. She'd learned as a Teen living in Mt. Komorebi. If only she had all those packs she'd sold now, she'd be set for months.

sp7C7N1.png
    Essa traveled to one of the fishing spots in the pond, but unfortunately, it was bitter cold and nothing was biting. Her energy was a bit low, so she did some dark meditation and just enjoyed the cold, dark, still night. One lovely perk of being a vampire was the cold did not bother her in the least.

Fully energized, with a few hours before daylight, since the fish weren't biting and her trees wouldn't grow for a day or two, Essa went back down the lighted path toward the mansion on the hill to harvest the two trees she'd found around it's perimeter.

u9jEf1V.png
    Walking back to the pathway after her task was finished, Essa thought she heard Josh say something in her mind.
    (Hey Beautiful, I love you!)
    (Josh? Is it really you? Where are you? I'll find you, I promise! I love you too!)

She listened for a response, concentrated so hard it made her head hurt, but...nothing.

2F9dW4K.png
    (I'm being silly. It wasn't him, couldn't be. We've never spoke with our minds to each before. He doesn't know how. I'm dreaming.)
    (But...just in case...Josh? Hang on, I'm coming for you Baby.)

un7dkNF.png
    Essa arrived back at the house, just as the Sun began peeking over the horizon. She rushed inside and upstairs to begin another workout session. Nik had not returned, maybe he'd decided to stay home with his family. She imagined Inna missed him, he'd been staying at her house for three days now.

3VgO2xC.png
    10 minutes later, Nik was back. He offered to go online and order some plasma packs for her, but was struggling a bit with the technology.

"This infernal contraption does not want to function correctly. Perhaps if I give it a shake."
    The screen went dark and sparks began to fly out from the monitor.
    "Well now, I do not believe that was the correct solution."
    (Indeed!)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my August 4th post above! Unfortunately, it's way past my bed time. I need to get some rest. I'll write comments on all your wonderful posts when I get back online late this afternoon, and hopefully have today's update ready sooner than this one. Have a great day/night! <3

@SoulGal7 ,
    -- Yay, so much aspirations done :) And again a promotion! :) Kids look great! :smiley:

@permanentrose,
    Thank you :)
    Oh , no problem with the MCCC :) It has so many stuff included in it, that I know a half of it, just happened to know that part :D

@Karababy52 ,
    -- Wow she looks cool as redhead :smiley: Very different, yes, but cool :smiley: Haha maybe after getting used to the red color it will not look so "weird" (NOTE: good way "weird", :smiley: )
    Oh, poor Nik :joy: Well he may be a little rusty :p
    Haha, hilarious that mind reading stuff :p "I am not too old!" :p Also the smile after charm-comment :D
    I love that pic where she is doing black meditation near the fishing spot <3

@Ellupelluellu -
    Lovely cover shot of Melody and the moon. There are so many scenic shots to take in Sulani. One of my favorite worlds. Which lot is Melody on? So nice Melody can just dive off the deck into the water. Mona's expressions are just priceless. Too funny! Ok, Malcolm likes the kids channel lol And yes, Melody starts that Beach Life Aspiration.

@Karababy52 -
    Wow! Essa looks great as a redhead, and her vampire mode looks really good, too. Oh yeah! Essa has to wear the boots! Vampire training with Nik....oh poor guy...a bit rusty...lol Such a fun exchange between the two of them, especially the mind reading part...lol..."I'm not too old!" And walking through the neighborhood, she thinks she hears Josh's voice in her mind. Oh my gosh! That is probably the house where Kat is holding Josh! And Josh...deep within his soul...felt Essa's presence...and reached out to her...that's it. Nik kills me...he is like the comic relief in your story now. Poor guy...having a problem with the computer now. lol

@permanentrose -
    Ahh...I didn't know that about the adults being able to dress up as a bear, too as sort of a solidarity move. And it's too late because I am past Ren's bear stage now. But if anyone becomes a bear again, I will have to remember that. Thanks :)
    edited August 2021
    Update 214 - Words of Reassurance

yJ6HtQh.jpg
    After completing her training for the evening, Jules' new acute sense of hearing picked up a sound coming from the top parapet of the house.
    wRzQlri.jpg

"I wonder what that is..." Jules spoke, gazing up at the tower.
    ndehvQC.jpg

"We can find out," Lydia told her with a wry smile. "Here, I'll show you how to transform into a bat..."
    8Rg2VtK.jpg
    9Qet04p.jpg

So they flew up toward the tower. It was an exhilarating feeling to suddenly have the ability of flight.
    3GcFK2Z.jpg

Until they saw the source of the noise...
    20o3y9S.jpg

Lydia quickly steered Jules away and directed her toward a balcony a level below.

"What does she think she's doing?" Jules fumed. "I'm about to fly back up there and give that girl a piece of my mind..."
    5JkOjJh.jpg

"Perhaps you shouldn't be so hard on her," Lydia interjected gently. "After all, she has gone through a lot of changes recently. She probably just misses him."
    wwvWucY.jpg

Jules' anger waned a bit. Lydia really was always so rational and level-headed. "She's just growing up so fast," Jules sighed. "Everything right now is just so overwhelming, and dealing with Ruby sneaking around on top of it...I guess I need to talk to her and set some ground rules. I want her to be able to come to me and not always feel like she has to do things behind my back. Being a mother is just so hard sometimes...I feel like I'm failing these days, especially with Emmett gone...I miss talking to him. I can only correspond with him through letters while he's on active duty, and I just don't even know how to explain all that has happened to him without speaking to him face to face..."
    wpwoumd.jpg

"Don't be do hard on yourself either," Lydia responded. "I think you're doing great. I know it's hard to feel like you're handling this all on your own, but I'm here to support you and give you guidance whenever you need it. I know it's not quite the same as having your husband, but I am here if you need me."
    KkFSMr5.jpg

Lydia tugged her into a reassuring embrace. "Thank you," Jules spoke softly, leaning against Lydia and letting all her worries melt away for the moment.
    v2UPBZf.jpg

--
    Jules also ranked up to minor vampire, thus completing the second stage of the Master Vampire aspiration. I might try to hop around with all three aspirations this month and see which ones I get done.
    WFQAwOn.png
    @Ellupelluellu
    Oh cool, that's good to know about Drama club. I thought they had to go to the Talent Showcase or something. Shows how little I know about that pack. :D

FH is so beautiful in Winter! I don't think I've ever seen a blanket of snow there, only a few flakes falling one time. Yes, I still have Vlad, my version anyway. ;) I love how Nik showed up autonomously to support Essa's transformation! <3 Yes, Damon needed to be with Molly and the baby. It's a good thing Nik can read minds, or he might've left her to come to Essa. I love how the game sometimes gives us random surprises like that painting. It inspires me for things to write. Happened with Inna, and now the painting with it's meaning which led to Essa's red hair. :)

Ooo, love your daily post pic of Melody gazing at the moon over the water! Gorgeous! The next one too with the sun peeking over the horizon behind her. I love Sulani, makes me envious of our Sims. It would be so wonderful to just dive off your pier for a morning swim in paradise. Mona cracks me up with the faces she makes. That's one very confident opinionated little girl! :D I know that screenshot is supposed to be about Mona finished eating first, but all I can see is Malcom. B) I miss seeing Josh walk around like that. *sigh* Think I need to visit him soon. ;) Love seeing the pets having fun and the kids hanging out with Daddy watching TV. Go Melody with the aspiration! Good job! I always forget to have my Sims use the sunblock. Opps! :#

Thanks about Essa's red hair! Oh don't worry, I know what you mean by it looks weird. It did to me at first when I was trying out several colors/hairstyles. But, I kept going back to it, it just seemed to 'fit.' I love red hair anyway, and it suits the narrative about the painting. It's a bit brighter than the other two reds we have. I normally use the middle one of the red choices. But this one looks more like blazing fire than the others. :) I knew Nik could read minds, so I thought it would be funny if he heard her say that. Naturally, Essa's had that skill for awhile as a Spellcaster, and she still does! I figured it would be realistic since she had it before she was actually initiated as one.

Speaking of that, Simeon gave her the Rites of Dissolution, but she still has a 'Magic' tab in socials which allows her to transportalate to the Magic Realm. There's an option to 'drink potions' too since she has a couple in her inventory. I found that interesting. The screenshot of Essa meditating is my favorite from this update, thanks! Glad you like it too. :)

@SoulGal7
    We know who lives there but she doesn't, yet. ;) I've always wondered about the lore behind the little island. I'm sure it's an ancient memorial to someone very well loved. But who? Perhaps someone Vlad loved? Hmm... Poor girl did look terrified when she thought Nik had abandoned her, thankfully that wasn't the case. The painting helped inspire her new look, I love he did that!

Sakura must've been feeling very frisky seeing Mr. Muscles, my explanation for her autonomously choosing that particular sleepwear. ;)

Congrats to Sakura for her promotion to Neighborhood Improvement Officer! The game did a great job with the triplets aging up eh? Love those cute bearclaw slippers! That curly updo from Cottage Living suits toddlers I think more than adults in my opinion. Adorable! Their room renovation looks great, lots of fun activities for them to do. Ah, good idea aging them up sooner than you'd planned. Having more than one floor is good for increasing their movement skill quickly, but it's a pain how slow they go up and down stairs. Oh boy, three toddlers and two kids, let the mass chaos begin! :D

Thank you! I personally love how her new look turned out. She definitely had to have the big boots! :) Oh man, I sat here laughing so hard when Nik was trying to train her! :D I've never seen training fail like that before, it was hilarious. I still laugh every time I look at those and see his facial expressions! Priceless! The mind reading was fun to write too! hehe

You could be right about why Essa heard Josh, they have a deep in their souls connection, an unbreakable bond, just as Damon told Essa they have now because he is her Master. But, I believe the bond between Essa and Josh is stronger, formed by their love for each other. "But if there's love, these are the ties that bind." To quote Mrs. Doubtfire. ;)

I didn't plan for Nik to be the comic relief, but I guess he's turning out to be. Nik is just a very old, traditional, proper and respectable kind of vampire who lives by a code of honor/standards from the past. I picture him as very distinguished, charming and debonair. He struggles a bit with modern technology as a result, at least in my mind anyway. :)

@permanentrose
    Yes, there is a lot of cool stuff around FH to check out. I love the ambient sounds of this world too. I've never had that happen with the transformation either, it was a great surprise! All my other vamps the game gave them such horrendous dark mode looks. o.O The Vampire Family aspiration is the only one I haven't previously completed as well. I will try to do all three, yes. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably run out of time, but I'll try my hardest for all of them. :)

Very cool we seem to be on the same posting schedule most of the time. :) I didn't really think you'd kill off Emmett. :D Surprised you actually thought about it though. o.O Very curious to see what happens between Jules and Lydia!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top