Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time Travel pack hints?

Maybe this is a huge stretch but could these be hinting at a time travel pack?
G0kwTnY.jpg
raQyhVL.jpg?1
(on the fez: Matt Smith's Doctor Who used to like wearing a fez)

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hope not. The time travel pack from TS3 was definitely my least favorite.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I didn't enjoy it too much either but maybe they'd do a better job this time around? If it let us travel to the past this time - a medieval world or something - that would be amazing.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

It was just super laggy.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Preferably with a Time Machine in the shape of a car…
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    Looks like it Back to the future ☺️
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I'd guess that it's just a Dr. Who reference due to the new pack being inspired by England. :smile:
    I've given up with hints though, I always disappoint myself! :lol:
    I'd guess that it's just a Dr. Who reference due to the new pack being inspired by England. :smile:
    I've given up with hints though, I always disappoint myself! :lol:

Yeah I got the Dr Who reference - I'm from England and used to watch it as a kid. But since Dr Who is about time travel and we have had a time travel pack before for TS3 I thought maybe it could be a pack hint... I get that it's kind of a leap though!
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited July 2021
    Oh please don't think I'm disregarding your theory of it being a time travel pack hint, I'm not at all. I can completely see how they could be hints for that. :smile: I just meant that I see it as only a reference to Dr. Who and nothing more, but you could be right!

I never played Sims 3 so didn't play the time travel pack. I'd be interested in one though, especially to go back in time.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so wish, however I think it was just a fun based on Doctor Who fan.
    If the devs are ever so cool as to give us a Sims 4 Future Pack, I hope.
    It should have a few Time Machines like H.G Wells, TARDIS, DeLorean and Bill & Ted's Phonebooth.
    Party on Dude! :DB):p
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited August 2021
    @MaggieMarley the "dr's fez" is a shoutout/tribute to Game Changer Dr Gluon. His reaction to first seeing it in the animal clothes selection was hysterical lol.
    Starfree wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley the "dr's fez" is a shoutout/tribute to Game Changer Dr Gluon. His reaction to first seeing it in the animal clothes selection was hysterical lol.
    Ohhhh did not know that!
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I just want that rabbithole time machine from TS3 back. I don't need to be able to actually run around the past or future, but I'd like the chaos of going on a rabbithole adventure and maybe coming back with a new outfit or a new member of the family or whatever.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think the sims team are just big dr who fans, we got a "tardis" in 3 as well with Supernatural

llama.png

Then again, this was released when they were working on Into the Future, so who knows it could be another hint
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 3 Ambitions & Supernatural was always my favorite, especially for my Doctor Who household. I had so much fun with it. :p
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    A time travel pack could be cool, visit a dystopian future with warring tribes like mad max and similar post apocalypse settings and a giant statue of yourself, visit the 50s, the Victorian Era, the Medieval Era (Sims Medieval Crossover), the Stone age (think Flintstones) and several different versions of the future/present depending on how badly you altered sims history like preventing Vlad's vampirism by immediately curing him or preventing Bella Goth's disappearance by having Nancy Landgraab be taken instead.
    or if the Sims Team want to do something other than time travel there's always a multiverse pack, plus we know that the Sims 4 exists in an "alternate universe," separate from the timeline established in The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    What if... the reason for them doing the premades back stories etc is partly due to a time pack that is coming out? Need to get those timelines straight in order to play with them when time travelling.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I saw what I thought was medieval hints and mystery hints round table and arthur as well as doyle was mentioned
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I saw what I thought was medieval hints and mystery hints round table and arthur as well as doyle was mentioned

Would love a medieval pack so so much
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    There are a lot of item descriptions referencing Medieval stuff and King Arthur's court and there are also a lot of pirate type images in cottage living neither of which has to do with cottage core.

What if we are getting an expansion where you go to a vacation world and within it you go on a time travel adventure to the 1700s and have the option to embark on a pirate ship and go diving for treasure. There could be another option to go back to Medieval times with like kings and queens and jousting tournaments.

Things that happen in the past could have an impact on the vacation world. The vacation world could also offer diving and have an old castle to visit etc.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    The mention of zombies actually made me think a time travel pack might be in development. Zombies were - unlike werewolves and fairies - not emphasized by the Community, yet they deliberately mentioned that zombies may be coming.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not interested in time travel. I only want perminate livable places personally. Buuuuuut the medieval hints are exciting. I could totally totally go for a pack like that. I felt like there have been hints of it even farther back so I wouldn't be surprised if we got one...
    I could be wrong but I feel like a time travel pack would be weird and buggy. But I know a lot of people liked it in ts3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hope they do something where we can have different time periods in the worlds. Like, if the worlds had a version where its like normal present day Newcrest, or you can toggle Midieval Newcrest where the roads are dirt roads and the city skyline backdrop is replaced by fields and the bad car FX go away or are replaced by carriages.

Otherwise im scared im going to have people in midieval clothing walking around Sulani.

And im only saying midievel because there are also a truckload of royalty hints referencing kings and queens we have gotten over the packs. So it is either attached to a midieval time period theme where monarchies were most common or the generations hints, or both.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I think the sims team are just big dr who fans, we got a "tardis" in 3 as well with Supernatural

llama.png

Then again, this was released when they were working on Into the Future, so who knows it could be another hint

Yeah i think that one was a hint lol

Speaking of sci fi references not long ago few people thought the Baby Yoda statue was a hint. Then we got Journey to Batuu. We were warned it was coming 😂
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    Paralee wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »

llama.png

Yeah i think that one was a hint lol

Speaking of sci fi references not long ago few people thought the Baby Yoda statue was a hint. Then we got Journey to Batuu. We were warned it was coming 😂

I thought we got that statue after Batuu.