Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I don’t use mods or custom content, but I have been trying to get a family ready to move to Henford, but the plant reverting is driving me crazy. Last time I picked the produce with them about 19 of my plants ( in the greenhouse ) reverted to dirt piles, including tree’s. It happens so often it has become game breaking, I guess I’m going to have to look up that cheat because it is so annoying. I haven’t even got to play with the animals yet. They have got to do something about these bugs….
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No special problems in my vanilla game. I have foxes all the time ...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Are we able to submit medium sized crops to the Fair? I had some lettuce & aubergines, but when I tried to select "submit entry" only my other produce (non-CL produce) was available in the list. I ended up having to sell the lettuce & aubergines to Agnes.

I figured it out! Not a bug. This Fair is for the nicest regular crop. The oversized competition is in two weeks.

Ah, there is a fair for normal crop too? I did not know. None of my sims are growing oversized yet and I'm not sure if they ever will because I play on rotation and it would take years to grow them...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Druki wrote: »
    Has anyone else received a golden 'cow flower' from bunnies as a gift? It shows 'debug' on it. If I put it on the ground for my Sim to plant, it disappears. The options when I click on it in her inventory are to 'place in word', 'eat' or 'plant', but the 'plant' option is greyed out (it says that it's too cold to plant).

It's not a huge bug, as it's not causing any problems, but I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm supposed to do with it. I'm a bit scared to have my Sim eat it, not knowing what will happen. (I don't have any mods and haven't enabled testingcheats at any time in this particular save.)

I had that, did the same thing you did - after a day or so a cowplant sprouted where I'd put the "flower" down!

Nothing sprouted for me, but thanks for confirming that it's related to the cowplant.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • MashamakMashamak Posts: 10 New Member
    Some of my competition entries aren’t even considered! For example I just entered a nice plant and an excellent pie and at the end of the fair I got my participation ribbon for the plant but no notification about my pie entry... nothing... pie is gone, nothing in my inventory... hasn’t happened before but super frustrating!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited August 2021
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, I enjoy this game so much that it makes me sad when others have so many problems that affect their gameplay enjoyment.

I don't use any mods and am not having any game breaking problems. And yes I know its not always mods that cause them.

My gardens have been fine even when I go back and forth between saves and/or lots however I wish the new super size ones also had a set season. Doesn't seem right to have watermelons in the winter (unless in Sulani) and now I hope I haven't jinxed myself.

I don't use mods or cc in my game and I'm getting the indoor plants reverting to dirt piles bug after the hot fix patch, (my sim got bit by Vlad and my plants reverted to dirt piles). With the simple living lot challenge, I rely on the super size garden all year to cook. If they nerf it to seasons like you're asking then I will be forced to turn off the simple living lot challenge because my game was nerfed.

Eta. I'm playing in Strangervill, it doesn't look off that watermelon is growing in winter. The devs don't program their nerfs to worlds, the nerf affects the entire game, including all worlds.
  • sherlockwatson34sherlockwatson34 Posts: 1 New Member
    my sims can't cook without having fresh ingredients but there isn't any option to turn it off when I look
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    my sims can't cook without having fresh ingredients but there isn't any option to turn it off when I look

Go into build mode and click on the house icon in the upper left corner, then click on the cup icon. You can remove the simple living lot challenge under the cup icon.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    No worries @DragonAge_300905 I would never be one of those to ask them to "nerf" anything, I didn't ask I just said didn't seem right. LOL.
    And we all know anything can happen in Strangerville. ;)

I still think hot weather produce should only grow in Summer or Hot Places (year round) however its quite simple for me to just not plant it in the colder season. Problem solved. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Are we able to submit medium sized crops to the Fair? I had some lettuce & aubergines, but when I tried to select "submit entry" only my other produce (non-CL produce) was available in the list. I ended up having to sell the lettuce & aubergines to Agnes.

I figured it out! Not a bug. This Fair is for the nicest regular crop. The oversized competition is in two weeks.

Ah, there is a fair for normal crop too? I did not know. None of my sims are growing oversized yet and I'm not sure if they ever will because I play on rotation and it would take years to grow them...

Yes there is. They both have the same icon, but the description is different. I didn't realize until I read the description for the fairs.

Today I'm sad because my poor sim was robbed twice at the fair. First time, her excellent rare rainbow milk only got a participation ribbon. The other two milk entries were one normal white milk and one pumpkin milk. The mayor gave a thumb's up when she reviewed the rainbow milk. So I don't understand why my sim's entry wasn't good enough for a better ribbon. The second time she was robbed was when she returned home. The milk is gone, it isn't in her inventory and it isn't in the household inventory. :( I know that's a bug, so I clicked the "me too" at AHQ and added my experience to the thread.

I'm feeling a bit salty about the Finchwick Fair currently. Not really seeing any motivation to attend it again. So far all my sim has received through attending the fair is 3 participation ribbons, one third place & some fertilizer.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    logion wrote: »

Great.... thank you. I'll wait a bit and see what they work out.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    I just hope if they ever fix the save-bloating empty-household-spawning bug, it will deflate affected saves to the point of playability. But I'm starting to think I should just restore some backups I may or may not have from several weeks ago and avoid HoB. That place is cursed.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited August 2021
    If by bugs you mean I can’t even play my farming save but I can play my other one then yes….🙃 I have mods and I thought one of them were the problem but my other save works so I don’t know what’s going on.

Update: Henford-on-Bagley is broken in the other save 🥲🥲
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Mom78Mom78 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Emmy142 said:
    > All my crops reset. Went to bed, they were healthy and hardy, woke up and they were all regrowing. Even my trees.

This happened to me, too! Not the over-sized ones, but all of the normal ones except the choco-berry bush. Weird. I was depending on selling the harvest to pay my bills. Also, even before they disappeared, my raspberry plant never produced any berries, which was very frustrating because I have an "errand" to "harvest a homegrown raspberry bush". Not possible to do if there are never any berries on the bush I grew and leveled up to excellent.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If by bugs you mean I can’t even play my farming save but I can play my other one then yes….🙃 I have mods and I thought one of them were the problem but my other save works so I don’t know what’s going on.

Update: Henford-on-Bagley is broken in the other save 🥲🥲
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    The bramblewood is very frustrating for me. I don't know if it's me or a glitch in the game but there's no harvestables really. I'll find like one bush each time I go to forage.
    I'm also having a hard time with ponds. Not sure if it's an issue with how I'm constructing them or not, but even though I stock them, the go fishing option is still gray and acts as if I haven't stocked the pond.
    I can't complete the "harvest a homegrown pumpkin" task for one of Agnes Crumplebottom's errands. No matter how many times I harvest a pumpkin, the task will not go away.
    The game is spawning duplicates of my played HOB families into the world as townies. And their outfits are weird, not the ones I gave them. It's strange.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sims not doing anything or teleporting because of stairs or because you are not looking at them at the camera makes playing a family living in a two story house very slow and frustrating...good that Maxis have responded on Answer HQ that they are working on a fix for that one.

I haven't had any issues with multiple crumplebottoms or loads of townies but that's because I am using mods to stop townie generation (no random by zero and also bienchen's townieoverhaul for barflys).
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Walls and doors no longer serve a purpose in my game. My Sims will frequently walk through both of them - when they're not teleporting around the house.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Walls and doors no longer serve a purpose in my game. My Sims will frequently walk through both of them - when they're not teleporting around the house.

I agree this last patch has fouled up routing something awful.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Some people are reporting getting multiple (to put it mildly because it's apparently hundreds) of blank unplayed households in their manage worlds sim bin. I haven't had that but I am generating tons of these.
    Fd6o1A3.png

When I select edit and open the household in CAS it's this abomination:
    17JPWOA.png

USaRSva.png

UF1FQEk.png

So it appears the game is generating the wild foxes as households, at least sometimes, and I wondered if anyone who has the blank families has tried to open one to edit in CAS and I also wonder if these two glitches are related and then if they have anything to do with the multiple Crumplebottom issue. I don't have hundreds of the fox households, I have like 6 but am going to delete them and turn off the wild foxes lot trait and see if that helps. I will also post this on the AHQ thread for the blank households in case that helps them get to the bottom of things.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

The save I’ve had for almost 7 yrs probably got corrupted. Is that the word? Anywho, I moved that sims4 folder to my desktop, launched the sims to get a fresh new game. Oh before that I saved my favorite households to my library. I did not bring any old saves, or lots to the new game. I added my sims from my library and the few I recently created to the game. It seems like the cc eyelashes, undershirt accessories and tattoos was part of lag and crashes. I don’t think any of it been updated in years. I’ve also removed most of the fox challenges. Everything seems to be running fabulously after many trial and errors. I do have the teleporting, staircase issue. It’s really annoying. For that I turned off autonomy. It’s helping a lot. It still glitches every now and then but it’s so much better. That’s pretty much it. I haven’t sent my sims to a restaurant since CL came out. I hope to test it soon. This farm life tending the animals, befriending them, making preserves, using the fizzing machine, tending the bees, crops, socializing with Patchy, running errands, selling/buying and using the yard sale table is keeping my sims busy. Oh yes in gameplay options I lowered a couple things to medium. I forgot what they were. I miss the cc eyelashes but I’m going to play vanilla for a good while.

But I hope what I did will help you all.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    The foxes glitch is caused by EA probably wanting to add them as hidden households so they won't have to worry about the tumbnails but set the foxes filter to unhidden households. That is also supposedly the reason that an insane number of foxes is created.

The Crumplebottom glitch has a similar reason. The game tries to spawn does as hidden households but in the filter it says they cannot be hidden. So the game tries to spawn a new Crumplebottom household every time one is needed because it can neither take the generated hidden Crumplebottom household nor can it take a Crumplebottom from a visible household (I suppose these are the blank households where the game desperately tried to create an unhidden Crumplebottom household for the Henford garden shop vendor role).

Vut there's no proof for what I suspect. For me at last, the issue disappeared after I made a new mod module for my townieoverhaul_lessfame for both the foxes and the two Crumplebottoms. At that point, I personally stopped to bother cause there was nothing more I could do to further explore the issue.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member

I have just noticed a fox in my game has now got the first stage of celebrity status. :o

I've had lots of problems in my game prior to installing CL with growing plants in other worlds but I have found no problems playing the couple of installed families in CL. Plants seem to flourish and in fact grow like wildfire. It must be good soil there. Not complaining! But finding plants growing wild, particularly mushrooms, was very difficult when I first started playing.

I have since found areas of unknown mushrooms are now growing after playing two household through all the 4 seasons. It has taken a while for wild plants to show up. The 2 households I played got the mushrooms through errands or gifts then I distributed them (via gifting) to other households in the area LOL. The only one I have failed to harvest so far is the Nightly Mushroom. There are 2 places where they are growing but one non of the plants are harvestable in the one area the other it is constantly showing as a dirt pile.
    Nightly Mushrooms I believe only grow in Winter
    Some of the errands you get through the NPC's like the Crumplebottom's and Mayor are glitchy. I have had several that have not acknowledged the deed was done. Hopefully they will get sorted but it's no big deal, just delete it and try again. And on some errands there are multiply tasks to complete and they become hidden below the first couple of tasks. Sometimes by talking to the person who gave the task lets is show up again.

Cottage Living seems to lag. I hate having to open up the fridge or going into buy mode. And trying to take things out of my sims personal inventory doesn't work very well, like trying to place a seed to plant. I now try and keep my Sims personal and household inventories with not too much in them. It seemed to help a little for me at least.

The standing around bug happened with the last patch and not CL.

I play a vanilla game.

• Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I'm having issues with harvesting wild crops. Anyone else? New game, old game, mods, no mods. I can't harvest anything that is not on my lot. All I can do is uproot and view. Uprooting turns it to garbage. Which makes no sense. When I first saw it I figured I could take it and plant it in my own yard. That would have made more sense. Now starting with nothing and living off what you can find and working your way up doesn't work. That was my favorite challenge. :(
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited August 2021
    I have just noticed a fox in my game has now got the first stage of celebrity status. :o

I'm guessing that this has something to do with how foxes are sort of in households.

I find it easier in general, not just with Cottage Living, to toggle off the fame system for all households. I don't want all of my normal sims becoming famous just from, like, having a friendly conversation with a neighbor, or going about their everyday lives. Then when I do want a specific sim to work toward becoming famous, I just click on the "step into the spotlight" button.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top