Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day refresh

SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
https://simscommunity.info/2021/08/03/the-sims-4-is-getting-its-first-pack-refresh-soon/

Ok. I'm surprised that they started form the best made game pack in my opinion.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm confused where did they say it was spa day?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think it was the use of "relaxing refresh", probably relates to Spa Day the most.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I thought it would've been Outdoor Retreat or Dine Out. Spa day has nothing wrong with it that I've ever noticed. It does what it needs to, and has been a mainstay in my game. Vampires, Spa Day, Parenthood, and Jungle Adventure (save for making Selvadorada livable) are fine. Strangerville could use more cross-pack integration into the quest, Dine out needs fixing, and Outdoor Retreat definitely needs some gameplay and world updates.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    Holiday wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think it was the use of "relaxing refresh", probably relates to Spa Day the most.
    Unless...and hear me out on this...they meant Outdoor Retreat, since it's a "relaxing" vacation getaway. If it really is Spa Day, I just can't even. The only things I'd welcome would be playable Yoga Instructor and Reflexologist careers, and maybe new traits, aspirations, and food/drinks.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    It wood be great if they combined Spas with the Onsen functionality from Snowy Escape!!

But the GP that needs a refresh most is Dine Out which is really in scandal in permanence.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited August 2021
    Can we please keep speculation and guesswork in appropriate forums?

No one knows what pack is being updated, until it is announced.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    They could also add body hair and epilation to the Spa Centers (which was possible in the TS3 rabbit hole Spas).
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sounds like a very interesting idea. If it is indeed an update for spa day, it would be nice to have a new aspiration for the pack.

What I really hope is that it will not be limited to a few packs. I hope all packs get some attention, even if that would take quite a while.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/08/03/the-sims-4-is-getting-its-first-pack-refresh-soon/

Ok. I'm surprised that they started form the best made game pack in my opinion.

Finally someone who agrees! I genuinley think Spa Day has always been one of the best pack. It's apparently one of the least popular packs but to me it's one of the closest to actually being a "game pack" over a "super stuff pack" or a "mini EP".

Aside from an aspiration/trait I'm not sure what else *needs* to be added...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    I'm not so sure it actually is Spa Day that gets the refresh. They might have taken the sim on the massage table to envision the word "refresh".
    Also I don't think Spa Day needs a refresh, it is already a really good Gamepack and I'm getting so much use out of it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    The gurus seemed to be hinting it has smth to do with cleaning or being clean. Idk maybe spa day makes more sense with the hints or maybe it's not spa day. Sometimes you can't tell with hints.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    But Spa Day aged quite nicelly. OR needs it way way more.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hope they hired new people for this so it doesn’t slow down progress of getting new Packs and Kits.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dine Out needs burning down to the ground and rebuilding.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Dine Out needs burning down to the ground and rebuilding.

Actually Dine Out works quite fine for me for the most part (but I do use mods).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don't understand the need to fix Spa Day, a pack I quite like (if that is indeed the pack they are talking about). I never have had any real problems with it. The Wellness skill is awesome, and I give it to a number of my sims (depending on the personalities) because it comes with very powerful buffs. The massage tables and saunas work great, and even the yoga class, whether it is at a Spa lot or in a gym, has never glitched out on me (unless one of the mats was blocked).

Dine Out is the Gamepack that needs the most improvements and fixes. I still have never gotten over the fact that your sim can't be a Chef in their own restaurant, and that they can't share their high level cooking skills with or train other chefs. What a missed opportunity. I also agree that Outdoor Retreat could be improved in several key ways: I would love if the water in Granite Falls was swimmable, if there was a group hiking interaction that could happen there, and if the insects spawned not just in that vacation world but throughout all worlds.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited August 2021
    Honestly, aside from life aspiration/trait; not sure what else it needs. I agree Dine Out or Outdoor Retreat need tune ups more.

Edit: I appreciate the effort to tweak/tune up packs, though and hope that is continued and beyond even just GPs cause A LOT of packs need help.
    I would love if the water in Granite Falls was swimmable, if there was a group hiking interaction that could happen there, and if the insects spawned not just in that vacation world but throughout all worlds.

I'm pretty sure none of these will happen because all of it would require to fiddle with an already existing world. They made rather clear that they will not do that. The refresh will probably extend on non-world-related gameplay but on gameplay that can be changed without redoing the world that came with the respective pack.

As it seems, this will only be the first refresh, so they obviously plan to do more in the future (unless those refreshes are badly received, that is).

I think the refresh will be a free basegame update, so I wonder if this will be the end of other free base game additions except for those that come with the release of a new pack for all players.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I’m not opposed to the idea of Spa Day getting an update, although I agree other packs need it more.
    They could add some interesting stuff, maybe a Calorie counting or Diet challenge? Maybe a more robust Health/Wellness system for sims?
    I’m interested to see what they do. I hope it’s not all cosmetic items.
    Maybe they will add skin care, a new career and aspiration. Maybe new traits. Idk what to expect and how much they will change or add.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Don't quite see that it would be more interesting with one more treatment/massage version etc, so I hope it will be some kind of content that adds and not just doubles. A better health system, perhaps in combination with Eco and Doctor career? I don't see how a health system, individual need for glasses, or beauty surgery connects to a Spa and not the Hospital. Well, it's too early to judge on anything - let's be surprised and amazed! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    SimGuruGeorge posted the pig again. Maybe it‘s Dine Out that will get a refresh.

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My guess is they are going to make the spa lot ownable business but I could be wrong.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    SimGuruGeorge posted the pig again. Maybe it‘s Dine Out that will get a refresh.

I'm starting to hate that pig. I never know what it means. And after something comes out, it always remains a head scratcher as to why it was posted in the first place.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited August 2021
    Whatever they refresh I just hope they do it right and get it well recieved, If the refresh is negatively recieved then i doubt we will ever get another refresh.

Anyways if they are doing an EP I just hope they do one minor thing in Retail for GTw. Have customers just SHOP instead of using my store as a socializing place we already have a bar for that