Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• Fraudulent_ClockFraudulent_Clock Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone know what’s going on with the tool ? It says it’s unavailable because it’s been suspended
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    That's because I haven't renew the server subscription
  • Fraudulent_ClockFraudulent_Clock Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Neia;c-17846093"]That's because I haven't renew the server subscription[/quote]

No problem :smile: I saw a post mentioned in a group so I wasn’t sure. Thanks for replying
  • fastride2fastride2 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Neia said:
    > That's because I haven't renew the server subscription

Any idea when it might be back up ma'am?
    fastride2 wrote: »
    >Any idea when it might be back up ma'am?
    When I'll pay for it :D
    > @Neia said:
    > When I'll pay for it :D

Right that makes sense I suppose lol. I love using your tool (even though I haven't successfully made a career because I get stuck on the python part....) and I do hope you make more tools like this ma'am ^^
  • ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    Neia, could you let us, your followers, know how much it costs to renew the server? so if we'd like to donate to you, we can? id love to continue updating my careers, so id love to contribute :)
  • simmieleinsimmielein Posts: 1 New Member
    Seconded! I'm sure if there was a patreon/ko.fi/paypal donations page, a lot of people would contribute to keeping this great tool online! :smile:
    I'd definitely love to set one up! It's an awesome tool and I would love to donate to keep it up.
    Neia, could you let us, your followers, know how much it costs to renew the server? so if we'd like to donate to you, we can? id love to continue updating my careers, so id love to contribute :)

Sure, it's costing me 51.44€ per year.

I'm expecting a baby for this summer, so update will most likely be a little slow during fall.
  • NikaNinNikaNin Posts: 2 New Member
    When I want to import the python file I get the error 'no module named services'. Does that mean that I didn´t install a necessary module? I´m kind of stuck here. Anyone who could help me?
  • Polarfuchs17Polarfuchs17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi @Neia, I created some careers with your tool. They work fine, so I thought it would be great to share them with the community. Are you allow publishing careers created in your tool (including your code)? Or can I only use it for my own?
  • FantasyGamingFantasyGaming Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't get any options to add icons for the career or for any of the tracks. Am I missing something?
  • EvieRose269EvieRose269 Posts: 10 New Member
    Is it possible to know when the create-a-career tool will be updated for snowy escape with skiing and snowboarding skills? Thank you!
  • Rogue238Rogue238 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I am really confused and wondering if anyone can help me out. I am creating a career for my own personal use and following Similler's tutorial on Mod The Sims. However, every time I put it in the game, the career menu no longer pops up for my adult sims. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?
  • Jan_AQJan_AQ Posts: 2 New Member
    I used the tool yesterday and made a complicated career based on Hogwarts Staff.

I'm an experienced Beta Tester. My initial thoughts:

Really cool interface. Very good resource for the community. I love the icon and image upload part too.

I followed the tutorial about it from MTS.

The user interface would do better with more intuitive inputs. For example, when editing the individual job levels, the save button is below the objective input that changes the page, losing all the data inputted if you didn't save first.

The Objective input is a little too separate and the reloads seem like too much.

A save with a return button included would also save some clicks and bandwidth.

The ability to click and rearrange jobs would be very helpful. There's no way to reorder the job levels if you forgot one or want to move them to a different track.

There is one area on the edit job level that says "How much the performance bar will progress through a work day, starts around 60 and ends around 10 in game, depending on the level". Did you mean 60 to 100? Or 10 to 60?

Exporting the career is a little confusing. I wasn't sure what to do after clicking on export since it didn't seem like anything was happening. I ended up going to the first Create page and downloading it from there, which gave me an old version, I think.

There need to be warnings on the text box to not use / slashes or other weird markups or it messes up the name and text of the job level. I tried to list a website source for my Hogwarts careers since I copy and pasted text from various wikis but I think it messed the job levels up, showing a black nothing where the name and text is supposed to be.

All in all just a few minor things. :)

But for a free, fan based program, it is fantastic! Well done.
  • Jan_AQJan_AQ Posts: 2 New Member
    **a blank nothing, not a black nothing
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Neia wrote: »

I'm expecting a baby for this summer, so update will most likely be a little slow during fall.

Wow, good luck on that! And take a well deserved maternity break from modding, you don’t owe anyone anything except what you owe your child and partner if you have that. Have a good year ❤️
  • FilipinoDudeFilipinoDude Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a question? How do I add a career description?
  • FilipinoDudeFilipinoDude Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a question.**
  • PrimSimPrimSim Posts: 1 New Member
    I was trying to make a historical career (cottage living post-release) and when I add pictures or icons to the career branches it duplicates all the branches with no option to fix. I don't know if it's a glitch on the site or what. Thank you for making such a wonderful tool and congrats on the new baby!
  • KnockoutRoseKnockoutRose Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having the same issue as PrimSim today, despite using the tool on the 3rd with no issue. Any update on what might be going on?
  • KnockoutRoseKnockoutRose Posts: 4 New Member
    Update: I switched accounts (because I have two due for username reasons) and the other account works just fine... I didn't particularly want to have the username on that account associated with things I plan to post publicly, but I'll sort it out on my own end. @PrimSim You may want to try using a different account to resolve your issue. I'm not sure if it has something to do with when the account was made, but switching accounts fixed this issue entirely for me, so it's worth a try.
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Neia wrote: »

No matter. :smiley: I hope you are still fine ... ? And I think here are enough people who also would pay for the page; well, I'd do. Maybe we can collect voices of people who would like to donate (even in fall)?
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    Being that this mod has not been updated it almost a year, is it safe to say this mod is dead? move on to something else? No use holding out for an update at this point?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top