Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack Update

In the recent Livestream SimGuru Ash revealed that they are refreshing/updating a Game Pack. Which one do we think it is....even though camping isn't really my bag I hope it's Outdoor Retreat. As times gone on there really isn't anything of note in this Pack....

Anyways what is everyone else's thoughts?

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think dine out has the most complaints so it would make sense for them to do that one
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    Yeah my money is on dine out which would explain that pig sculpture they've been posting on Twitter for the last year or so.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I know a lot of Simmers want to be able to live in Granite Falls from Outdoor Retreat, so perhaps that?
    Otherwise I really can't think!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It has to be Dine Out, that pack needs a nice refresh. And some tuning.
    I don't have strong feelings either way, and obviously we don't know what pack is being updated, but what about those players who like the pack as it is?
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I don't have strong feelings either way, and obviously we don't know what pack is being updated, but what about those players who like the pack as it is?
    Tell that to those who liked vampires breaking in. Nothing is sacred. All we can hope for is that it's playable and enjoyable.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I think dine out has the most complaints so it would make sense for them to do that one

I agree Dine Out really needs to have it's glitches and bugs sorted....not to mention it taking 12 hours to have a 3 course dinner. Whilst I really think Outdoor Retreat needs something adding to it, there are definately not disputes from me there!

At this stage I say why not both? 😁😁
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Outdoor Retreat is suffering most from the current gardening system, but I don't think they can change that.
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Tell that to those who liked vampires breaking in. Nothing is sacred. All we can hope for is that it's playable and enjoyable.

I understand! I have Vampires but don't play it often, so I don't have much to say about that.
    But, for example, DO is one of my favourite GPs. Although I would love to have the bugs fixed, I wouldn't want it to be completely updated/changed.

Please bear in mind that I didn't watch the live stream so am basing everything on forum discussions. :smile:
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    KyreRoen wrote: »

I understand! I have Vampires but don't play it often, so I don't have much to say about that.
    But, for example, DO is one of my favourite GPs. Although I would love to have the bugs fixed, I wouldn't want it to be completely updated/changed.

Please bear in mind that I didn't watch the live stream so am basing everything on forum discussions. :smile:
    I get what you're saying. Personally, I use DO a ton, myself. I don't own restaurants, but I do frequent them with my sims. I'd just like the bugs fixed for that, and maybe tie-ins to the culinary career in the basegame. I'm not even sure how else they could change it, as the system they have now is pretty good.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    My money would be on Outdoor Retreat, but I would prefer Dine Out to get the refresh. Beyond the bugs, it was well requested for the system to allow family members to work in restaurants and they figured out how to do that for Vet Clinics. Plus there was recently a cooking rework and they may finally be ready to expand more upon it.

Regardless, I am looking forward to both the refresh and the new lore. I am slightly worried about how my saved edit favs will compare, since combining my favorite parts of both could be very annoying depending on the scope, but especially for the ones I do not mess with this will be a nice upgrade.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2021
    I personaly think every packs need a refresh. However I think GP are pretty good, what needs real refresh are Expansions Packs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Outdoor Retreat is quite outdated, especially after Cottage Living. But I agree Dine Out needs some love if we're eventually getting some romantic pack.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I think they said "relaxing", so it made me think of Spa Day, though Dine Out is the one most in need of a refresh. Also what's a refresh ? New features ? Bug fixes ?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If you look at it from an economic perspective, the most likely canditate is Star Wars because sales are probably very low. The "relaxing" update could be a new district with buildable lots for houses and dormitories.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It has to be Dine Out, that pack needs a nice refresh. And some tuning.

And lots of bug fixes.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    If you look at it from an economic perspective, the most likely canditate is Star Wars because sales are probably very low. The "relaxing" update could be a new district with buildable lots for houses and dormitories.

How dare you?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

It actually could be the opposite since a guru said mfps actually sold well. It could be the same for jtb. The pack had a negative backlash from the community but a different story when it came to sales.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I posted in another thread that I hope that it is Outdoor Retreat, and I hope they make it so you can swim, hike, and live in the world.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2021
    Here is Iron Seagull's take on this.
    https://youtu.be/dsLF0BYu98I
  • WencorWencor Posts: 1 New Member
    As much as I really think dine out needs to be fixed, what if they are going to update parenthood and they free the babies?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Leave it for the Sims team to waste a great opportunity to improve packs on a pack not one person asked to be improved... Like seriously, Spa Day? :|
    and yeah, I know it's not "officially confirmed" but they labelled it as "relaxing" so there's not really any doubt that its spa day, the pack which is about relaxing and even says that in its description
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    They mentioned relaxing and my thoughts went straight to Spa Day, of course. But dining out with friends and family can also be a relaxing experience. So is taking the fam on a camping trip. My favorite pack of the three has always been Dine Out, so naturally that is the one I would like to see updated, refreshed and fixed. But who knows when we'll see this happen. Nearly all the packs that were released before 2019 need some kind of updating. My concern is for the players now playing the Legacy Edition of Sims4. And if this updating of past releases will be available for them to play. I believe I heard them say this update would be a base game update, but I wonder how that would work if Legacy Players that own Dine Out can't update their games.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I hope they can add more magic for spellcasters...
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I've used spa day the least (aside from jtb) so if they added something interesting there it'd be great.

I love dine out. I don't seem to hit any bugs. I love love love putting restaurants on every world for different styles of food. I have a German place in Windenburg, a pizza pier in Brindleton Bay, a tea house in Komorebi. I just made a country style diner in Bagley. As someone who doesn't go to bars, nightclubs, lounges, or any of those various nightlife places, I love doing restaurants!

I would love to see more in Outdoor Living. Update the hiking feature, add more wildlife, and make people live there. Perfection.