Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Daravi Do you have a half-vampire, half-merman in one of your households?
    It could have been @Daephene or @haneul or someone else. Someone shared a post a long time ago, but I can't seem to find it.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    No, I don't have hybrids in my game, I'm too late at this party. :D I think than it was someone else. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    edited August 2021
    @sunblond Ha yes the three-toddler experience is intense.
    I liked the dialogue you wrote for Akira, Miko, the BFF household and (your sim?) Jeannie.

Birthday presents are so money.
    birthday-presents-are-so-money.png

Adeline Bheeda aged up into an adorable bespectacled smarty-pants. Perhaps science is the ideal combination of mom's mixology and dad's computer programming?
    science-set.png

She became a straight A student in like 3 days.
    grades.png

She got Mom's hot-headed trait, so watch out. People say sims don't have enough unique personality. This kid has a certain snide expression that I don't recall seeing on other sim kids. I haven't been playing for that long though.
    snide1.png
    snide2.png

Adeline is buddies with Breana and Jenifer Rasoya
    with-rasoya-girls.png

And maybe with little Paola too.
    paola.png

"Mom, Dad, stop trying to explain things to me at the same time."
    dont-both-explain-things-to-me-at-the-same-time.png

Not too old to listen to Dad read though.
    not-too-old-to-have-dad-read-to-me.png

What was I doing? There was a book.
    what-was-i-doing.png

Adeline still has to share a corner of her parents' bedroom. Also, she wants a piano, and has ever since she saw Joy Olakodun live as a toddler :smile: They don't have room.
    bedroom-corner.png

And so Arun takes programming gigs at a feverish pace to earn money. This one isn't sketchy at all either.
    a-gig.png

Jesminder's job comes with its daily challenges. This fellow came in at least 3 days this week.
    j-work-daily-challenges.png

I don't know why she has a flirty mood from work? She isn't telling me. Maybe flirty is at least better than coming home angry every day?
    still-flirty-from-work.png

Arun has seen Atharv a couple of times since their awkward encounter, but kept it friendly. He and Jesminder make such a great team, even in tough circumstances
    teamwork.png

and are still crazy about each other.
    still-crazy-about-each-other.png

Lots of sky up there, lots of love down here.
    love-down-here-sky-up-there.png

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    It could have been Daephene or @haneul or someone else. Someone shared a post a long time ago, but I can't seem to find it.

@Metior_Ice It's not me. It may also be @sarabeth2984. She has hybrids in her game. :)
    haneul wrote: »
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    It could have been Daephene or @haneul or someone else. Someone shared a post a long time ago, but I can't seem to find it.

@Metior_Ice It's not me. It may also be @sarabeth2984. She has hybrids in her game. :)

Thanks @haneul. Either way, we'll definitely figure out who gave me the idea! lol. Feels like we might end up tagging everyone in the process, but we'll figure it out.

I know that this hybrid is in a merfolk household.

On a side note, Damion gave Rangi his just deserves, so I should be ready to make my next update. I honestly wasn't planning on bringing Damion into the story so soon, but Rangi definitely deserved a visit from him.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    @Metior_Ice Honor to whom honor is due. o:)

Also, congratulation for being highlighted with your merfolk story in a maxis stream.
    Daravi wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Honor to whom honor is due. o:)

Also, congratulation for being highlighted with your merfolk story in a maxis stream.

@Daravi Thank you!
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2021
    Congratulations @Metior_Ice !!!! I was watching the latest Maxis livestream and saw your merfolk legacy was featured!!

Also, I do have a merman/vampire hybrid! Dante Mahi'ai. Weirdly enough I was literally playing his household yesterday. He lives in Sulani with his parents and girlfriend and recently graduated from Britechester. I usually turn my mermaid/vampire hybrids into either full blood vamps or mermaids since they are really glitchy. Sometimes they get stuck as a disembodied torso.
    Dante is the exception because he is not glitchy. He has both mermaid and vampire powers but no tail. Don't ask me why lol. He swims around with 2 legs. So far he behaves the same way across multiple saves so I'll put him up on the gallery if you want him! He's a doll-cheerful, child of islands, and good. He's also sun proof. His mom is Nalani the mermaid.
    You can also cheat a hybrid. Definitely start out with them as a vampire so you can establish their powers/weaknesses. Than add the mermaid trait afterwards.
    Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
    edited August 2021
    @sarabeth2984

Thank you!

And I want to both awesome and insightful your comment!

I'm going to work on making my story update.

For those who need it, I'll put a trigger warning for the parts where Rangi is mean.I didn't go out of my way to make Rangi so mean. He just had a bad reputation, some whims, and I went with what I observed in game. I'd say that I only accelerated his declining reputation and negative behaviors.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by jpsulsuldagdag on
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Islanders of Sulani: Island Magic and the Merfolk Lifestyle

The Sea is the Origin of Life, but it's the Sky that watches over Life. The Volcano created the land, and from the land, the worlds were born. Every world is connected by the Great Sea and the Starry Sky. The Spirits of the Sea and Sky govern the Domains of the Great Sea and the Starry Sky. They shepherd in new life and watch over the worlds. The Spirits of the Sea and Sky protect, and those who are spared death or reborn in the image of the Sea are protected by the spirit's wills. Only the Watcher stands above the spirits and can override their wills.

New to his Island Magic, Cale tried to touch a lava bomb he summoned. Cale was young, but he was born to be a Child of the Islands, a Child of Light.

51344007906_7ec59f9278_b.jpg

Unfortunately, he was not a true Child of the Islands yet, and he started to catch on fire. Fortunately, His brother, Afu, was resurrected by the sea, and he was able to quickly extinguish the fire.

51344007511_cf16234c0c_h.jpg

51344007896_c57cbe2123_b.jpg

Shayna was not far behind, and she made extra sure that her son was clear of danger. However, Cale saw Afu as his savior.

51344756774_b286285ca8_h.jpg

Afu threw a Kava party after extinguishing his brother and escaping the grip of death. At the Kava Party, Calden and his Brothers gathered for a swim. Afu chatted with Zephyr, unaware of Zephyr and his twin's role in bringing him back to life. Dylan didn't even fully understand his power to resurrect humans from death.

Zephyr: "How are you doing? There's something different about you?"

Afu: "I'm a bit different now, but I'm happy to be here to support my family. I had no idea that merfolk existed, so it's something to get used to."

Zephyr: "There are a lot of merfolk, but I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends!"

Shayna kept it to herself, but she's the one that went to Dylan. And, she was grateful that death wasn't the end for her son, Afu.

51357933414_e7adeb0052_h.jpg
    Dylan arrived to the party from the sea, and he swam as quickly as he could to meet up with his brothers.

51357933399_366dbe6868_b.jpg

Again, Afu was a little unaware of the social dynamics in the Mua Pel'am Pod, and how everyone was related to each other. He told Dylan and Zephyr's father about how he was called back to the realm of the living. Calum listened to Afu's story, but he wasn't upset. He wanted his sons to use their power responsibly and help those who need it. For Calum, Afu seemed like a nice young man, and it was nice to see him alive and well.

51357424933_da480244a4_h.jpg

Afu could sense Dylan's approach. It was strange, but he decided to meet Dylan in the sea. Afu, now a young merman, met with Dylan. Dylan and Afu's tails had striking similarities, but Afu's tail didn't glimmer in the light like Dylan's. Instinctively, he had a feeling the appearance of his tail and new hair color had some connection to Dylan. In a way, Afu felt like Dylan was his brother even if they barely knew each other.

Afu: "Hi, it's nice to see you again. I knew that I saw a tail when we first met."

Dylan: "I'm sorry for not being entirely honest. We merfolk don't usually reveal our true form to humans."

51357933374_c14c08c6cf_b.jpg

Afu: "It's fine. I'm happy I had the chance to meet you!"

Dylan: "Thank you for understanding."

51357199226_521321a9ef_b.jpg

Afu swam up to Helios.

Afu: "I feel so energized swimming with a tail. It's amazing. I never thought it would feel this good to be a merman! By the way, you look different from the others?"

Helios: "I am a little blue, aren't I? I'm actually an Alien from Sixam."

51357933314_0edc600dd0_b.jpg

Calden swam up: "It's true. Merfolk don't die of old age, so I invited him to be a part of my family. He's got a brother and sister, but they aren't immortal like us."

Helios: "I'm actually often worried about outliving my older siblings, but I'm glad to have my brothers to lean on."

Afu: "I guess I'm going to have to go through the same thing. I didn't know merfolk stay young forever."

Calden: "You're welcome to join my pod. We're all brothers and help each other. When the time comes, we'll be there for you."

51357424883_9f785fb835_h.jpg

Afu: "You know, I think I'll take you up on that offer."

Calden: "Then welcome to the Merbros Pod."

51357933309_d84a859a5c_b.jpg

The merbros huddled together to discuss where they would swim off to.

(Juniper is a little too excited about pulling an all-nighter with his bros.)

51356454592_22268fc876_h.jpg

The bros scattered to swim around first, but Dylan and Afu stayed to chat about grilled cheese, a brilliant human invention!

51357933269_d3fbf14eec_b.jpg

Juniper: "Dylan makes awesome grilled cheese! You should try it sometime!"

51357424828_9162ea221e_c.jpg

Dylan: "I could teach you how to make one as good as mine."

Dylan turned to Afu: "Juniper is my little brother, and he's great with plants. He has a tendency to eat strange plants. He wasn't born a merman, but he decided to eat mermadic kelp after he stopped being a plant. He's a slow learner."

Juniper: "Hey, if I want to be half-fish for a while, I can choose to be half-fish!"

Afu: "All this talk about food is making me hungry for some grilled cheese. Also, is it possible to become human again?"

Dylan looked at his brother, and then, he looked at Afu: "Only half-merfolk that aren't born merfolk can become human. Us naturally born merfolk, we can't ever become human. However, Juniper isn't exactly human."

Juniper: "Hey, don't tell him that! You are more than a merman yourself."

Afu looked at the two brothers with a little confusion, but he decided to change the topic and focus on grilled cheese.

51357933249_5b75d145ff_b.jpg

Afu: "How much does a grilled cheese normally cost? My family has to buy all of our ingredients before cooking."

Dylan: "I usually don't have to think about that."

Juniper: "We aren't exactly short on money."

(Juniper, you and your family are literally the wealthiest family in my game. You are multi-millionaires, almost billionaires...)

Afu to Lyric: "Why are mermen shirtless almost all the time?"

Lyric: "I don't think about it, but if I wore human clothing in the water, it would be too heavy while I swam. It's more comfortable to simply not wear a shirt. I guess, while we are on land, we don't think about putting on a shirt. I mean, human clothes are only for hiding among humans. Clever disguises, right?"

Afu: "Except you don't always hide your merform."

Lyric: "Sometimes, we prefer to be in our natural form. Shapeshifting takes effort, but changing form is the nature of water, the element we call home."

51358211800_c1849501a1_h.jpg

After staying up all night, the young mermen started searching for seashells on the beach. Afu got angry because a Seagull snatched his sea shell. Dylan reacted with a merman derpy dolphin squeak. Afu didn't know if he was being mocked or not, but he let it go.

51357199066_01545c9cfb_h.jpg

To end the next day, the young mermen went to the club and partied. Most merfolk, Calden especially, would admit that one advantage of legs is the ability to dance. Merfolk can pull off their own aquatic dance moves, but they definitely couldn't do the Jimmy Leg.

51356454467_7d472f53e5_h.jpg

51356454447_ca82a69d44_c.jpg

Unfortunately for Helios, his sister didn't recognize him while he was embracing his mermadic nature, so she erased his memory.

(I hope I don't have to reacquaint Helios with his sister during the next cycle. lol)

51357933144_24c30a6f42_b.jpg

Extras
    Before Afu became a merman, he met Anas Mahi'ai at the Undine Emporium, owned and run by merfolk. He caught Anas in his swimwear checking out a customer.

(Afu had something colorful to say about that. While I just want them to do their job instead of go for swims on the clock, I can't really argue with Afu's choice in words.)

51344768189_7c8169cef2_h.jpg

Afu: "You're a horrible employee."

Anas: "I know, man. I know."

51344019041_605283b730_h.jpg

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    @Metior_Ice well snap, congrats on being featured in the livestream. Nice to see them acknowledging the writers on the forum for once.
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Persona 3: For fun, I made Shuji Ikutsuki and cute child, Ken Amada, father and son.
    08-02-21-6-06-24-PM.png

Due to my obsession with Sim genetics and what the kids would look like, I set Shuji up with Summer Holiday.
    08-01-21-4-01-43-PM.png

So far, her and Ken are hitting it off fairly well.
    08-01-21-9-15-47-PM.png

Here is Shuji and Summer's son, Junpei (named after one of the main characters from the game).
    08-02-21-6-34-51-PM.png

Now for some random funny stuff...
    Here's Steve Jobs rocking out.
    08-01-21-4-33-57-PM.png

edited August 2021

The Islanders of Sulani: The Mua Pel'Am Merfolk

(This part of the story may have less dialogue and more narration because I was testing club outfits and club behaviors after the update. Since I play on the Console, I get automatic updates, and I can't use mods. So, in a way, I never have to worry about mods braking right after an update.)
    (Anyways, I noticed that, by adding singing to a club activity and maxing the singing, my merfolk couples would not stop serenading each other. lol. :D )

In almost matching outfits, Calden serenading Maria.

51356454437_2bfb366de4_c.jpg

Aaron Kailani and Kylen Kailani spent the entire gathering for more than 24 sim hours straight serenading each other. I half expected them to swim over to the waterfall and woohoo.

51357424623_ea8f73d901_b.jpg

51357424578_29e1e4f3c9_b.jpg

51356454322_e217988396_h.jpg

(I made an interesting discovery. By making the club hangout location the same location for all Mua Pel'Am Clubs, I had members from 4 different clubs gather at the same time. I'm talking about more than 16 merfolk showing up at the same time. It was epic!)

51357424653_846f79ee3e_h.jpg

51356454387_2e9db6a35c_h.jpg

51357424628_8cb1a2444d_b.jpg

51357424593_db3cb0e6de_b.jpg

51358211555_a15188f187_b.jpg

51357932999_6c14d1e0d7_b.jpg

(I love the way merfolk in a Club or Group swim together!)

51357932964_cd84ce8bfb_h.jpg

(A lot of my merfolk are storm chasers, so they aren't bothered by thunderstorms. Still, with so many merfolk in one place, they went to the shore to, maybe, sing only to swim back out to sea. It would be nice if merfolk could actually sing and eat harvestables while in the water.)

51356454302_9334484a7b_b.jpg

Calum caught up with his brother, Kemps, and they also caught up with their sister-in-law.

51356454292_b683fc5a1d_c.jpg

The patch did not fix Sulani lots in the rain.

51357198886_fc689cc657_k.jpg

More of Calden being cute with his girlfriend.

51358211495_f7aa32e243_b.jpg

Calum being totally fine with getting struck by lightning.

51357424528_bffd6034cd_h.jpg

(I have no idea what Cale was doing on the computer, but he had the Embarrassed Moodlet.)

51357198851_f6b23d1dd3_h.jpg

(With Cottage Living, Volcanic Activity is a Lot Challenge instead of a Lot Trait. This has helped me set up my lots a little differently with new traits!)

51344757694_d845cdae93_k.jpg

(I did notice an oddity with non-merwoke households and merfolk. For the most part, merfolk look the way they do in their swimwear with no tail.)

51343296722_42d819973a_b.jpg

51345032220_db39c073a1_b.jpg

51345032215_f879686e8b_b.jpg

(Except for a small oddity that I think is the result of Sulani Festivals resulting in random outfits and the fact that merfolk appear in two diffferent ways depending on the household. My merfolk were swimming with full outfits that were completely random.)

51345032165_fa636fc697_b.jpg

51344008751_ded9ea68f8_h.jpg

(My merfolk weren't bothered by this, but I admit, it's a strange way to enter a lot. If done intentionally, I can see merfolk entering lots via the ocean and this working, but this was weird because it was random.)

51343295787_d8505d0622_b.jpg

The longer I played the game, the more odd my merfolk became. Some of them weren't using merfolk disguises. They were swimming in their natural forms. This is Rylan or Kylen Kailani and their mother, Sara Kailani behind him. Sara Kailani has a hidden merform.)

51344757264_78754f084d_b.jpg

I've noticed that Reef Kailani and Calden Azure both get roles in the Island Festivals. Reef Kailani is often a Fire Dancer while Calden, a famous Fire Dancer, is a celebrity musician.

51344008356_0e1ff2c8dd_b.jpg

51343295762_d750125474_b.jpg

(Apparently, Cale can run on water. I used the Go Home Interaction while on the Mua Pel'Am lot surrounded by water. I used the same interaction for his mom, and she swam in the ocean.)

51343296112_307f22b7ea_h.jpg

51344757004_8dba86e960_h.jpg

(And if you remember from past posts, Arihi tried to carry Zephyr through the ocean leaving this lot when Zeph was a toddler.)

50889584222_617f3d6237_c.jpg

50201459766_e51ccd48c5_z.jpg

(@Becka28 Your Quin and Rohan try to merge, but My Merbros almost tried to merge the entire club together while listening to music! Lyric is probably like, Guys, I don't think you can occupy the same space.)

51357424783_37512ea6c4_h.jpg

(This concludes my post patch gameplay testing. I had to make sure my save wasn't broken. I've invested too much into this to restart the save, again. lol.)
  • TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    Hi, something really strange is happening at Cottage Living. What is the lights showing at night in the sky above my house?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2021
    Playing games with Momma.
    c61fec860e97d98c523bc78f4374608912e79fba.png

Only ending up getting victory cuddles from Grandma after a hard video game battle. She may have not won against momma but it was a victory in Grandma's eyes for trying.
    1bb6edc4bd250c98fec52b5b86242a796092fe04.png
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    ( So btw, if anyone is interested in a Discord server specifically for Simlit writers, message me. Happy support-y place where we share gameplay and discuss the woes of being a Simlit writer specifically, and help each other out by offering advice and feedback. Even if you just read Simlit, that's cool too you're also welcome, hopefully it'll be a good place to find stuff to read and also your advice and feedback is appreciated too! )

Anyway, I got annoyed at OFAF again, as I do, and one of my friends suggested remaking and playing the save, rather than just doing makeovers and pretending I'm going to play it lol. So I did another round of makeover, since I needed some other Sims in there to make it actually the Of Frost and Fire save.

Honestly I'm low-key mad about how good she looks.
    unknown.png
    This is Miss He double-hockey-sticks.
    unknown.png
    I accidentally made Namaari out of Kat Cave, oops.

unknown.png
    I didn't change my Markus Crow much. Think I switched his hair to one of the new blonds.

unknown.png
    Their dark forms are the weird ones, not their normal forms. Cause, you know, wandering around with ashy skin tones and glowy red eyes is how you get staked.

unknown.png
    Tweaked Sarnai a good deal. I miss her ♥ maybe I'll actually play her in this save.

image.png
    Lilith.

image.png
    Also tweaked Drake a little. He looks like a goth priest or something I love it.

image.png
    And this is Keisha. She didn't change too much but I did make her hair white blond instead of white and she looks a bit better.

Had a hard time figuring out where to put them, but I ended up moving them into Culpepper, and we'll go from there. c: Sigh, probably need to do more uni...

I also managed to update Corazon, so that's nice. ( Pure love story fluff, Ezio x Caleb, you can find the link to it in the stories section here on the forums or in the link in my signature. )

I was trying to figure out how to do the rewrite for Of Frost and Fire. Something messed up really bad along the way to where I got, but I'm not 100% sure what it was or even where it was. I think it might've been a culmination of things rather than one specific thing, idk. Anyway, so I was like should I kind of use the old version as a draft and pretty much just rewrite it or should I start over from 0 and try following the original outlines? Because really very little of how version 2 went followed the outlines lol it was like the characters realised they don't have to follow the outlines and made a contest to see who could break them worse.

I think I may try to just redo it following the original outlines, and hopefully this time we won't end up with a disaster. I might also spend more time developing certain characters that got less "screen time" so to say in version 2, and I get the feeling Morgyn will be different this time around, because believe it or not the dork did a lot of evolving and growing in version 2. Maybe for the best. lol I want to get Corazon done first before I dive back into Of Frost and Fire, because the darn thing is extremely soul-consuming and I know it'll just straight inhale all my time, so.

The possibility that it was actually that I was trying too hard to control too tightly where the story went, and obviously restricting Embers is a very bad idea, lol so instead of reigning in they just kind of went nuts. So, the idea that it'd be better the third time around If I don't make the mistake of restricting them too much crossed my mind too. And it might be kind of interesting to just give them a set of specific events that Must happen but what goes on around it is whatever, and seeing what happens.

One day, I'll have a working draft and I'll rework Of Frost and Fire into an original tale and publish it, but in the meantime, me and the All are having a War.

I also Might restart the Eisenstern legacy. I've reached a point where it's become grating to play for many reasons, but we'll see on that one too. My primary issue is Juno doesn't seem to like anyone, but ykw she doesn't have to. Nobody said marriage was required to have children, sooo... if she never really likes anyone maybe that's not a real a problem...
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2021
    @Metior_Ice Dante is up on the Gallery!! I added him to a few other saves and so far he keeps his legs. I also found out that I could change his appearance/gender setup/traits without any ill effects. He could be used as a template for a non glitchy mermaid/vamp hybrid! https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B8ED85CCF59311EB855A6EA8212881BB
    Dante with his azure dolphin buddy
    7C4UCMP.png
    Menu showing both his mermaid and vampire menu options VRCZPih.png
    @sarabeth2984 Dante is awesome! I might add him to my game, if you don't mind. Vamp/ mer hybrids are definitely stable without mods.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    Just another day in Camp, Chief Manslaughter called a family meeting to discuss safety concerns!
    YQnfX1I.png
    Darrell: "I'm out."
    Blanca: "Yeah, Imma dip."
    uW03Dvk.png
    Mario: "Funny how we have the meeting about safety concerns AFTER my arm got ripped off."
    HsQ2f9p.png
    Manslaughter: "But seriously, we need to discuss concerns about the Mutants. They're getting gutsier and are even sneaking into the camp. So I'm making a new Defense Commission to find ways to make this camp safer from Mutant attacks and I think our newest member should lead it."
    cZPqnTL.png
    Manslaughter: "Everyone, meet Ima Normalman."
    Ima Normalman: "Hi, I'm not a Mutant."
    GO1sr29.png
    I think the Chief realized something is wrong with this picture. Don't worry, he'll take care of it.
    EFxxBLg.png

Now onto less serious things.
    Look, it's baby Juniper! So cute.
    62Z4skg.png
    Since the Chief isn't in his throne room, Anakin can finally spend time with his daughter. He's determined not to be a lousy father like his was.
    L3nTOB3.png
    Manslaughter: "IS THERE A COMMONER IN MY THRONE ROOM?!"
    Anakin: "No Chief, I wasn't in your throne room!"
    mwMAyRU.png
    Manslaughter: "So, were you impressed with the way I killed that Mutant?"
    Jack: "Not at all. I'm not interested in that."
    uLparbc.png
    Well since Blanca's no longer pregnant she can enjoy what's good in life. Like horseshoes.
    gppnfMF.png
    Which she's still a failure at.
    y2hnb0f.png
    Blanca: "Yeah well at least I'm not pregnant anymore."
    fngKaqD.png
    Also since she's not pregnant anymore she can enjoy a nice stiff drink again......But then again, pregnancy didn't stop her there.
    xvks0Ck.png
    Manslaughter: "Alright Sonya, don't pay attention to your niece jogging in the background."
    muWJ9b9.png
    Manslaughter: "OR your sister. These Mutants are giving me a real headache, so you need to exterminate them all. Just find every one in a 100 mile radius and just do what you do best."
    Bkcbngo.png
    Sonya: "Wait, so you WANT me to kill countless amounts of people?"
    Manslaughter: "Preferably Mutants, but yeah."
    YJp0zaB.png
    This news makes Sonya so happy she could just....
    zDcPK6q.png
    E1oHJ5R.png
    Manslaughter: "Wait, she can fly now?"
    Anakin: "It's best not to question her power."
    I2elRdr.png
    Mario: "Ah I love that woman."
    P5gAgAi.png
    Alright, since Sonya's going to be gone for a while, here's her temporary replacement. His name is Bleezborg, The Warrior of the Future.
    XQqj7yk.png

With Sonya on an important mission, one can only imagine what kind of ways our friends can prosper without her causing so much death and destruction!
    First off, let's have Bleezborg fight Darrell since I want to see how Bleezborg handles combat and Darrell could use the training.
    R0dOXva.png
    Oh, nice block.
    hDHOA6X.png
    Jack: "Oh boy, a baby! Haven't seen one of these in years!"
    ijQArin.png
    Jack: "I'm going to poke its eye!"
    KpGdItc.png
    Juniper did not like that.
    LDgr3oz.png
    Jack: "I'm not good with children."
    xfpfvel.png
    Mario: "Now, THAT'S a baby!"
    Wait, why are Jack and Mario trying to take care of the baby? Where are the parents?
    b8I3F2P.png
    Anakin: "Think anyone saw that?"
    Blanca: "I think everyone did."
    lyYoAeG.png
    Even though they still owe money to the IRS, Anakin's still over here burning money.
    8vU0lcm.png
    Anakin: "YES, BURN CAPITALISM! BURN!!!!"
    Zefdt8Y.png
    While I quite enjoyed the fact that Mario and Sonya had to have a dance battle at their wedding, I'm still annoyed that they can't dance together and downloaded a mod.
    lbrgF4M.png
    Blanca: "Isn't this romantic?"
    ZpJO1zK.png
    Anakin: "Would be more romantic if I didn't have a knife to my throat."
    4CnaAiQ.png
    Mario: "Mama Mia, if only we had that mod before Sonya went off on her adventure."
    59PdvHD.png

Alright, Sonya's mission is a good first step. But we need MORE precautions over here.
    Jack and Bleezborg were having a rousing game of chess.
    Jack: "Are you really from the future?"
    GTWaHII.png
    Bleezborg: "Not really, but your husband wouldn't let me join the group unless I had a gimmick."
    cBSYpkd.png
    Mario just couldn't stop crying over how much he missed Sonya.
    HRIeBuO.png
    Anakin: "Hey Mario, I'm sure you're sad and all but can you like.....Go somewhere else? I'm trying to get frisky with the Mrs."
    Z9jxV5f.png
    Manslaughter: "Alright everyone, the Baby is sleeping. This is the perfect time to talk about how to make this place safer. I propose we build a large watchtower so we can keep an eye out for Mutants."
    AjjofcQ.png
    Blanca: "Oh I'm feeling too flirty to pay attention to this conversation."
    AbYZ9L4.png
    Darrell: "So I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say we should build a LARGE wall around our camp. Turn this camp into a compound!"
    oqrri1t.png
    Manslaughter: "A.....WALL?!"
    okKQfHT.png
    Anakin: "Yeah, it can be made out of impenetrable steel and be like 40 feet tall. Make sure those Mutants can't smash their way through and climb it."
    Zj7vtom.png
    Mario: "And we can put big guns up on the top so we can just shoot the Mutants as they try to get through the wall!"
    UXLRMvG.png
    The Chief just slowly inhaled.
    J4V3XoU.png
    Manslaughter: "NO. We don't need a wall, we need a big watchtower! It'll look cooler! Have a guy up there with binoculars and they can warn us when Mutants are coming!"
    pkc9qbV.png
    Darrell: "Or hear me out, a wall around the camp. That way we don't have to have lookout, they try to get through the front door and we shoot them and not worry about them getting through."
    B4pn1HU.png
    Manslaughter: "But a tower will look cooler! A wall will just look like an eyesore!"
    n6rrayA.png
    Darrell: "Alright, let me say this slowly."
    qsxUKHu.png
    Darrell: "Wall. Protect."
    jGYd1th.png
    Darrell: "Then we sleep without fear of being stabbed in our sleep."
    juNrldk.png
    Anakin: "Gotta say, I like the idea of sleeping with both eyes closed."
    sia4vTT.png
    Manslaughter: "How about we build a tower and that's final?"
    kEyVSol.png
    Darrell: "Well good luck finding someone to build that tower because none of us will."
    JMfBsss.png
    Three hours later.
    DTU9KCG.png
    Anakin: "He seriously got you to build this?"
    Bleezborg: "I am easy to boss around."
    x0ZzvWf.png
    Bleezborg: "Nice view though."
    Anakin: "It's a nuked wasteland!"
    3MjKxRl.png
    Manslaughter: "Sweet, the baby's awake now. This meeting is over, someone take care of this child."
    3JjeZTK.png
    Mario: "Oh boy, it's my turn! Come to Uncle Mario, don't be scared of my robot arm."
    COsnqwE.png
    edited August 2021

The Islanders of Sulani: Under the Water Where Souls Lose Control

Edit: I did not enjoy this part of the story, but I also didn't want Rangi's death to be random. He was not a good sim.

I'll start by sharing Damion Morbius's theme. He's the Elemental Spirit of Darkness, the Shadow of the Sea and Sky. It's probably not the song you'd expect me to associate with him.

https://youtu.be/vFm70zF92mo

The English Version is in the spoiler.

The Sea is the Origin of Life. The Sky watches over the Living. The Volcano created the Worlds. Only the Watcher can override the will of the Spirits. The Great Sea and Starry Sky connect the Worlds. But the Light of Life, Sanctuary, and Creation casts dark shadows. The Spirit of Darkness dwells beneath the Great Sea and beyond the Starry Sky. While the Sea restores Life and the Sky protects from Harm, the Darkness takes Life and inflicts Harm. It is the force that safeguards the good by taking the bad. It is a force of good shrouded in evil.

From early on, Rangi lost his job when he blew the whistle after seeing corruption in the company he worked for. Blowing the whistle brought a great deal of attention toward Rangi, but it also cost hundreds their jobs, including him. Rangi was always paranoid, but many innocent people blamed him for the loss of their jobs. His actions did not only impact the corrupt.

51344239683_9f33896e18_c.jpg

51344239668_d179f3e5b8_w.jpg

To help make up for the lost income, Kyra picked up work as a Lawn Mower and other hard labor.

51344757069_69df2b2eae.jpg

Shayna loved the tranquility of painting, and she decided to support the family by painting professionally. She had a real talent for painting, and her paintings sold for enough to barely pay the bills.

51357424693_ae2d26d227_b.jpg

51358211625_3994360b69_h.jpg
    After his resurrection, Afu reapplied for work as a Lifeguard. The Beach Watch was happy to have him back.

51358211605_0d809907e8_h.jpg

Afu was busy hanging out with his new friends and acclimating to his new life as a Merman. Afu explored the beach cave, and all of his activities eventually exhausted him so much that he shifted back into his merform and passed out on a beach chair. When Afu dozed off, he lost all his worries over seeking entertainment. He was now laid-back and more resilient to the stresses of life.

51357424548_3cc48693ff_b.jpg

51358211430_4158bd1129_b.jpg

Thanks to the overwhelming support from his new brothers, Afu didn't develop any worries about the future. He would outlive his family, but he wouldn't be alone. He had new friends he could rely on. In the back of his mind, he worried about his family and watching them grow old in front of him. However, he had a feeling that everything would be okay in the end.

51357932894_53c68e10df_b.jpg

Afu had no idea that a storm was brewing at home. He sang with his new voice, and he got to know his new brothers. Spending time with his merfamily helped to lift all the shadows off his shoulders, but his long weekend was coming to an end.

51358211385_6c6ffe5bfc_b.jpg

Afu: "All of you seem really laid-back and friendly. It's kinda refreshing to hang out with people who are so friendly."

Dylan: "Life is too short to get caught up in the drama. We all make mistakes, but we all have a choice in how we deal with them."

51356454102_626b06824c_b.jpg

From here on out, The story will focus on Rangi Turei. Here be the trigger warning.
    When Afu returned home, he helped his mom in the kitchen. Shayna did the dishes while Afu prepared dinner. All they had were fruits that Afu harvested during his meeting with his friends. Even though Afu was having fun, he made sure to bring home the basics the family needed to live. Afu no longer needed to eat after becoming a merman. His only pressing need was spending enough time in the water.

51358211315_3f0314d57c_b.jpg

Unfortunately for Rangi, his actions left him without a job and no one wanted to hire him because his reputation was in steady decline. He started accusing his wife of spying and telling others things they didn't need to know. His paranoia led to greater abuses as time went on.

Rangi: "How dare you talk about me behind my back!"

51357198671_ed3d604a3d_b.jpg

Shayna: "Me and Afu are just making dinner. Afu brought home enough fruit to feed the family and then some."

51357198656_77c816dc47_b.jpg

Rangi: "I don't like it. If I had my job, we wouldn't have to pick food from the jungle! Why doesn't Afu get a fulltime job and bring home some real food."

Shayna: "It's true that he just had a vacation, but Afu is literally growing more food so we don't have to scavenge for it. He's also helping me with Cale and Kyra. He also saved Cale from burning alive! Did you know that both your sons nearly died within a few days. A vacation wasn't a bad thing."

51357424363_dfb119c8a0_h.jpg

Rangi: "Well, if you were a better mother, neither of our kids would have nearly died."

Shayna: "It's not my fault that one of our sons was killed by an earth elemental and the other developed the ability to summon lava bombs. You say this as if there's some kind of parenting guide to this. Our kids aren't like what they used to be, but that's okay. Me and Afu are working on teaching Cale some restraint. Cale has offered to help with the gardening."

Rangi: "You're full of accuses. If I wasn't busy looking for a job, I would have straightened things out."

Shayna: "You're playing videogames every time I look at you. You've even locked everyone else out of the computer."

51358211255_db79c0fa24_h.jpg

Rangi: "I play videogames to escape the stress of you and everyone else talking about me behind my back!"

51357424328_be78686d56_h.jpg

Shayna: "Did you know that we don't even have clean fresh water? We've been using saltwater for most things."

Afu: "Don't change the subject. That's not my fault. I'm trying to find a job when I'm not playing games."

51356454002_c180f96191_h.jpg

Rangi: "The least you could do was clean up this house. Cale is constantly leaving messes everywhere. If you're such a great mom, why don't you clean up his behavior."

Shayna: "I'm trying. It's hard to do that around work and paying the bills from my phone because I can't use the computer."

Rangi: "Well, try harder!"

51356453992_c5d9347c7c_h.jpg

Rangi thought: "I could do so much better if I had a job, paid the bills, and provided for this family."

Shayna: "I'm trying. Afu is trying. Even Kyra is doing hard labor to help out. We understand you are struggling, but you can't treat us like this."

Rangi: "I'm the head of this household, and I can do whatever I want."

51357198541_10356be853_h.jpg

Rangi: "Since you are trying so hard and have a job, you can buy your own bed to sleep in and build your own bathroom to use. I don't want to see you in my bed or in my bathrooms. To be sure, I'll personally lock the doors with a key. That's right, I had a little unemployment income to manage my stuff. Now, you need to straighten this family out before you can sleep in my bed."

51357198531_bc89c6b2a8_h.jpg

That night, Shayna slept on the couch and Rangi slept in the master bed.

51357932739_e5f6dbdf1f_b.jpg

51357424278_89c90178ac_b.jpg

Sunday morning, the Turei's had a power outage from not generating enough energy with solar panels. While Cale at breakfast, Afu fixed the broken sink in the dark.

51357198496_7872145231_h.jpg

Rangi only let Shayna into the bathroom to fix the broken toilet.

51357198466_0ebd6eb5ec_b.jpg

Shayna decided that she absolutely hated doing plumbing repairs.

51358211195_7475b9dd98_z.jpg

Afu hated to see his mom struggling and helped her clean up the toilet water.

51356453902_e5364fb837_b.jpg

Rangi wouldn't have it.

Rangi: "I told you to fix the toilet and clean the mess. How dare you distract Afu from the garden?! We need to eat!"

51358211180_56c70bcd58_b.jpg

Shayna was saved from the yelling when Rangi needed to use the bathroom. Unfortunately, Cale also needed to use the bathroom.

51357424208_918c65512d_b.jpg

So, Rangi decided that Cale would need to be banned from the bathrooms and told him to go away. He could use the bathroom at school.

Rangi: "You can either use the bathroom at school or wet your pants. I need to use the bathroom now."

Cale: "But dad, I have to go now."

Rangi: "I don't care. Go stare at the wall."

51356453847_f40f89a86d_b.jpg

With a smile of relief, Rangi used the restroom while Cale starred at the wall. The spirits took notice.

51357932589_15ee5c9fce_h.jpg

In desperation, Shayna managed to guess her husbands password and explored her options. She wanted to leave everything and everyone behind to escape her husband. However, she couldn't leave her kids with him.

51357198381_513e203980_b.jpg

Shayna was a bit embarrassed to feel this way, but she felt happy to see Rangi suffering from discomfort. The kitchen was becoming a mess because Shayna couldn't keep up with everything and find a bathroom outside the house.

51357198371_2e35f62218_n.jpg

Rangi had a crazy idea. If merfolk and other supernatural powers existed, what about other powers and supernatural beings. What if he could wield the mythical powers of the spirits; the powers he only heard about in stories!

51358211095_0e3a738404.jpg

Rangi lost it when his son snuck into one of the bathrooms to use it. He made sure to yell at him for his disobedience.

51357424098_a58ac3330c_b.jpg

Rangi: "You can use the bathroom after you clean up your mess!"

51357424088_76448cf59e_b.jpg

Cale: "Why don't you clean up the mess and just let me use the bathroom?!"

Rangi: "You are such a pest. We don't have a lot, so this is the only thing I can do. Either clean up your mess or forget about using the bathroom."

51356453732_5b7b9be4a3_b.jpg

51358211040_483bacd790_b.jpg

With a smile on his face, Rangi jeered at Cale: "I knew you were a little gremlin when you were born. How about you find somewhere else to sleep because I'm locking the door to your bedroom."

51357424028_38c73b8205_b.jpg

Rangi: "This is my house, and these will be my rules. If you want your bed back and access to the bathrooms, you'll do exactly as I see. I'm also making the curfew earlier!"

51356453697_969d7e3b3d_b.jpg

Cale: "That's not fair! Where will I sleep?"

Rangi: "That's not my problem. Your the one that won't listen to me."

51356453672_7e3a9790ae_b.jpg

Rangi: "If I could, I would throw you away! You're making this so much harder than it needs to be."

51358210945_80c876de6e_b.jpg

Cale yelled before storming off: "This house is a prison!"

51357932439_4d0e69359d_b.jpg

Things get worse after this. You've been warned.
    Before Cale could leave, Rangi got physical and shoved him.

51357423928_f4344f88e6_b.jpg

Rangi Mocked Cale for being too little to defend himself.

51357423918_b14166c3f9_b.jpg

And I'll stop sharing pictures here because he started going after Shayna. He shoved her, argued with her, scared her, and divorced her.

51357198176_a5e1efc9f8_c.jpg

And in spite of everything, Shayna would not give up on Rangi.
    51356453337_802e6bd8fa_b.jpg

Rangi opened the door to darkness, and from the shadows, Damion Morbius was able to step foot on Sulani.
    51357931429_9a19f15bb9_c.jpg

Damion, the only being with equal power to the Twins, Dylan and Zephyr, effortlessly let himself into their home.

51357422938_22346134c2_b.jpg

From the shadows, Damion went straight for Rangi. No one noticed his presence.

51357197251_cda575ea73_h.jpg

When Damion made Rangi feel starvation, Afu glanced in his direction. Afu had some of the Sea's power in him, and that helped him sense the shadow.

51357197246_36de5a9e6b_h.jpg

51356453122_9734e27fdb_n.jpg

Damion further denied more of Rangi's needs.

51358210425_866877457e_b.jpg

Rangi finally saw the shadow and began trying to argue his way out of the dark. His family didn't seem to see anything. Rangi didn't even notice himself diving into the dark.

51357423413_52fa172357_b.jpg

Rangi had no power over Damion. Damion was free to do as he pleased, and his wraith was focused on Rangi.

51357422903_45d219b171_b.jpg

When Damion saw Kyra wet herself in front of him, Damion started becoming more aggressive toward Rangi.

51356452407_6738d8d798_h.jpg

In Damion's Shadow, Rangi came to know the suffering he caused his family, starting with bladder failure.

51357197221_fea03725f1_b.jpg

With the bathroom to himself, Rangi tried to escape the penalties for his actions. He still could not escape the shadow as he dove deeper into darkness and further away from his family.

51357197206_e26e45c401_b.jpg

With his dark magic, Damion went to every locked door and gave everyone access to them, further undoing Rangi's control over the house.

51357422873_53c617a1cc_h.jpg

51357422863_c19ba35d14_b.jpg

51357931344_6e9d00db29_h.jpg

Rangi was now alone in the dark. He tried to escape, but he was too far in the deep end. Damion mesmerized him before he could get away.

51357423373_40e35e8ea6_b.jpg

While Rangi suffocated in the Darkness he sought, Damion started cleaning the messes left by Rangi's family; the messes they couldn't clean because their needs were failing.

51356453092_41c35b9129_b.jpg

Rangi grew increasingly tired. The more he fought the darkness, the greater the weight he felt from it.

51357931284_63b408ff11_b.jpg

Rangi was mortified and too tired to leave his home for the deep. So Damion gave him a burst of happiness to hide his exhaustion.

51358210325_ddc619ca49_b.jpg

After a day of torment, Rangi felt a strange lure toward the sea. He couldn't fight it anymore.

51357931889_216f86a906_b.jpg

And from Beneath the Great Sea, the darkness struck.

51357423293_707e29fae2_b.jpg

Damion laughed and collected his trophy.

51357931864_baa29b5b02_b.jpg

Before Damion was forced back into the shadows, he raced back to the Turei home.

51356452977_53edae50c3_b.jpg

And finsihed cleaning the house.

51356452252_eff14745d3_b.jpg

51357931854_bdd665e72b_b.jpg

51356452967_980531191e_h.jpg

And naturally, Damion wasn't good, and he couldn't pass up a chance to feed on his favorite prey, merfolk.

51357931839_d331ddeffd_b.jpg

51357197691_60ac5c8f4c_b.jpg

Damion savored the taste of fresh merfolk plasma!

51357931809_2fb6ac9762_h.jpg

51357931244_bef3d9fe48_n.jpg
    Now, I'm all caught up with my story. Rangi is gone, and now, the Turei's will get to enjoy the holidays.

Light and Darkness are simply two sides of the same coin. I think fantasy can sometimes be truer to life when both the good and bad is seen in the light.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    QPSnGYQ.png

Cass decided to be rebellious today
    6Y6GB8R.png
    On a side note, even after Rangi was removed from the Turei household, he's not gone. Ghosts are just another life state in my game. Rangi's Soul simply belongs to Damion now. I created a holiday in the winter that is dedicated to remembering the dead. This Holiday will be for Damion Morbius Gameplay, the Day of Spirit Shadows.

It's entirely possible that Damion isn't done with Rangi, and I'm wondering if Damion can command Ghosts to do his bidding, or at least, he can always use a servant to clean around the house and do other mundane things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top